Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, novicelad said:

My son has got one of these for christmas, how did you upgrade the steering? 

It's a 4 bar conversion I did with some DT03 spares I had. I ended up doing a 3d printed part to tidy it up but if you read the original thread you will see that it is not essential. An aluminium plate and the DT03 part work fine

• Like 1

More mock up interior work on the Uni-Mog

38263148165_c207fd37b9_b.jpg

Bought one of these kits off eBay.  I love the mk1 Golf and have always wanted this kit, so when the seller on eBay dropped the price by 20 bucks I had to nab it. 

39187518502_e70baeac3f_z.jpgb_47308 by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 4

I put together and ran a Super Hornet chassis that I bought out of curiousity for $40 from a mate.

It's a more interesting chassis than I thought it would be. It drives like the old Hornet and still has a lot of its drawbacks but the shocks actually work after a fashion. I don't remember Tamiya servo savers/horns being so bad back in the long long ago, but I dunno, seems post 80's they are made of plasticine or something.
Yeah so, gonna find some pre-load clips that fit, check the shock oil levels, find some better rear wheels cause I have no idea what the current ones are from and change out the steering servo horn for something better.....oh and glue the front tires on.

Eventually my nephew will learn how to drive an RC with this thing.

6 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

More mock up interior work on the Uni-Mog

38263148165_c207fd37b9_b.jpg

Bought one of these kits off eBay.  I love the mk1 Golf and have always wanted this kit, so when the seller on eBay dropped the price by 20 bucks I had to nab it. 

i like the clockwork orange picture you got behind the truck.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, topforcein said:

i like the clockwork orange picture you got behind the truck.

haha, thanks!  I watch movies while I work! 

Ok so it wasn’t today but anyway.... 

Tamiya Tubs!

Made these recently. I know, a bit OCD/sad. Keeps all the respective screw/parts bags together for the duration of a build. 

TubsTubsTubs

What can I say. I was bored in between changing nappies and sterilising bottles, and this one popped into my head.

Equipment needed: 1 x parts bag sticker, 1 x scanner and photo editing software, 1 x printer, 1 x sellotape, 1 x small food tubs set from Tesco, 0 x social life. 

(I know, I need to get out more :blink:.

But they work!!!)

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Getting close to finishing one of the new table tops.... the streaks will go away once it starts to settle.

IMG_2985_zpsikkwd8tw.jpg

Also picked up a deal with some vintage RC stuff and so I tested and cleaned up these ESCs... ALL WORK!

IMG_2987_zps7h67y4o4.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ALEXKYRIAK said:

Ok so it wasn’t today but anyway.... 

Tamiya Tubs!

Made these recently. I know, a bit OCD/sad. Keeps all the respective screw/parts bags together for the duration of a build. 

TubsTubsTubs

What can I say. I was bored in between changing nappies and sterilising bottles, and this one popped into my head.

Equipment needed: 1 x parts bag sticker, 1 x scanner and photo editing software, 1 x printer, 1 x sellotape, 1 x small food tubs set from Tesco, 0 x social life. 

(I know, I need to get out more :blink:.

But they work!!!)

Brilliant!

My desk at work has a 4x4 rack of tiny ‘really useful boxes’ into which I sort parts as i build, either by part or build step.

I like your method, easier to keep track of what is in each box. I just need a working printer (and even more time I don’t have...)

4 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

I like your method, easier to keep track of what is in each box. I just need a working printer (and even more time I don’t have...)

It even works if you just write the letters on the boxes. But this looks much better. I think I may give it a try too.

Technically last night, but:

IMG_0386.jpg

Raced the heebus out of the TRF. After a bad last outing I was keen to shake off that "I'm sure it's broken this time"-feeling, so I took it to our local track and gave it a good outing.

• Like 2

Fixed my sons ftx carnage, swapped out the motor. Old one has loads of play in it! Only had it since September but the motor is only £7 to replace

• Like 2

Yesterday actually, I put a brushless set up (around 9T motor I think), TRF dampers and a li-po battery into my Blitzer Beetle. It already had a Kimborough steering servo on board.

It went quite well.

• Like 1

On 20/12/2017 at 12:30 AM, Kingfisher said:

Yeah. From my understanding, you're just mocking up an idea to see what it will look like before you have the stickers made, correct? On my previous comment, and maybe you've already planned to do this, I was suggesting to blend this area better so that there's no defined line separating the two pieces.

27391745249_47684ba66d_b.jpg

I've managed to get a better flowing design but lines don't flow along the body quite so well :(

20171224_073400.jpg

Haven't posted in quite a long time, but I figured some of you might appreciate my latest completed project. Also got started on refurbishing an F103. 

My first M02, bought it about 2 years ago for next to nothing on eBay because of a very poor item title. Been working on it on and off ever since, definitely one of the more challenging bodies I've ever done. Fully ball raced, oil filled aluminum dampers and has a rare M02 heatsink installed. Have tamiya aluminum steering arms and roll bar set yet to install. Even with the kit motor, it flies!

m02.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, hpergm said:

My idea of Christmas...

Merry Xmas to all us kids out there!

20171225_110135.jpg

Merry Christmas!! 

Just had a blast running this, it's almost impossible to flip this thing while running.

now i just added fat rubber wheels from FGX - F2001

fat01.jpeg

fat02.jpeg

• Like 5

Finished re-assembling the War Rig front plough, and also found time to properly bolt the blowers to the bonnet. After several steps backwards after an argument between the Rig and the patio, I'm now making progress again :)

5 hours ago, pininfarina said:

Just had a blast running this, it's almost impossible to flip this thing while running.

now i just added fat rubber wheels from FGX - F2001

fat01.jpeg

fat02.jpeg

Glad to hear it's stable, that was my biggest fear. How does that little brushless perform?

4 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Glad to hear it's stable, that was my biggest fear. How does that little brushless perform?

it is stable, also dialing down the steering rate for any bike helps too! The only issue is you might not able to get up if it flips.

the cornering/turning is horrible on speed, so you need to brake before a corner.

And avoid reversing unless it is really slow, cause it would wobbly and flip!

brushless if fine on a non-grippy surface and didn't glue the tires....

this time will run it with glued rubber on a high traction track.

still waiting for a friend to finish his paint and we will go at it this holiday!

It all started yesterday when I spent two hr on my sons WT01, dropped him off at his mums then spent 3 hrs building my WT01. Finished it today and ran it with a Tamiya Sporttuned motor and the kit ESC off 7.2V NiMh on larger tires. stable as and turns real quick if you reduce power. This afternoon started on the body. **** I HATE cutting out the shell. Both kits fully ballraced, mine with the warmer motor ( sons has one but want him to use stock till he is used to it) and both have the larger tires.

Anyways, its now painted. Its a Bush Devil 2 and I went for Silver bumpers and grill, blue body and blacked out windows. Graphics to apply now and my sons kit to finish, got as far as finishing the friction dampers so a fair bit to do yet with his help of course....

My BD just finsihed.jpeg

my BD painted.jpeg

• Like 2

Managed to get a chance in work to get the Novafox out of the wrapper.

20171226_170920.jpg

The kit came with some (?) bearings, the ones I'd ordered where rubber sealed, so used those.

20171226_202615.jpg

Didn't take too long, but Tamico wouldn't ship paint, so i need to get that ordered before i can get the body done 😕

20171226_213053.jpg

Although, are you meant to have so many spares?? 🤔🙄

20171226_213801.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3