Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ran my Boomerang and my sons new Monster Beetle around our home track., so nothing special. Except the Boomerang was amazing. I fitted the 13.5T and 17T pinion and was disappointed, but today realised the epa had been turned down to halfway. Now that car is awesome and I want to take it to the track to give it a good run.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

finished truck Nr 2

Both truck fully ballraced with Sports tuned motors and larger tires. Did our own thing with paint and graphics. (well I did, son copied my stickers but his paint was really cool) Mine is blue, his is black. I did mine first and it was first with spray paint and as last was a midnight pumpkin about.......20+ years ago it was a learning curve. His was so much faster to do body, paint and stickers as after a few frustrating starts looked up utube and watched some demo's and then was getting on much better.

both2.jpeg

• Like 3

took the MT-01's out for a spin, What I did not know was that the new ESC's have a forward and reverse with forward allowing more go then reverse. We had them accidentally in reverse.....so they seems under-powered in Forward (if that makes sense) so I switched the leads into motors and switched on servo reverse and low and behold they were about 25% faster going forward....

jumping.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

did some work on the Terra Scorcher I have got. took out front gearbox and refitted F-R drive shaft. Replaced the front bumper holder as it was so badly damaged the front bumper was hanging off. Changed the aftermarket shocks to originals. cleaned the body, removed the extra Radio Race Car stickers that had been added, trimmed the pealing stickers. replaced a few other parts from my spares on way in and out.

It still needs a tub (front right as you look at it) as one of the gearbox mounts is broken.

It needs tires as all 4 are perished. Pits as other than that its in great condition and ready to run, all the drivetrain is smooth and working as it should. Even has a hot motor from back in the day. Came with box in reasonable condition but no instructions. This one was ballraced so not much wear and all tight in drive train.

1.jpeg

just finished.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-12-30 at 16.24.47.jpeg

• Like 4

Managed a few hours on some of the SRB projects..

original rough rider, 99% refinished with Proline front bumper, Patgu wheel covers and a metal rear cage..

0_EE23171-2684-40_CC-_B384-8_AD6_BA69_EC

F8410959-699_D-4_BA7-8511-5_FB4040_B9_A6

41327_CB8-1_E37-4_E1_B-_B2_A3-3_CB33_D6_

Moving on to one of my parts box builds , alloy chassis plate, Scorpion wheels n tyres, and original repaired RR shell

76302509-294_D-4929-82_CB-8_CE4_E07_A413

3660_FB34-4942-4506-_A7_E6-0_DF0_AFC2_BD

• Like 7

small steps forward with the cfx-w

MST_357.jpg

lately, one step forward, one on the side and two backwards.

Happy New Year everyone!

• Like 3

Got some snow here in the north eastern US, so the wife and I took turns plowing with the Kyosho Blizzard.

• Like 1

On 29/12/2017 at 10:25 PM, berman said:

I have never been fond of the full fenders. Kind of remind me of a table cloth draped over a table. Also impractical as you have to remove them if using motorised legs (which there is a workaround, as i have done it to my MAN).

Also I am still deciding if I am going to add a third axle at a later date (i.e, when I have the money to buy the parts).

Right now i am having filler trouble. I bought some Milliput, used it for the first time last night, and didn't like the consistency. It felt like trying to push a two week old dog egg into styrene. So i grabbed the Tamiya Putty White out of my paint drawer and the stuff shrinks like a bad thing, I have put four layers on to fill in the sunroof and it just keeps sinking 😧

i still have the full fenders on my grand hauler with the motorised legs fitted to my trailer and their is no problems.

the fenders are one of the reasons why i brought the grand hauler. i am after a new set for mine and i would buy them of you if you ain't gonna use them but it would prob cost to much to buy and post them to me as i remember what it cost me to send them items to you. 

Watched this video again and after seeing the landing at 3:06 I decided to finally get my used purchased roller TL01B running again... it looks one tough truck!

Fitted a 4000kv motor and steel 19t pinion but found out it runs notchy and noidy - it has bushings throughout.. so I ordered some rubber sealed 5x11x4 bearings, this takes 24 of them!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Got some snow here in the north eastern US, so the wife and I took turns plowing with the Kyosho Blizzard.

Pics!  I want to get a Blizzard but I know if I do we won't get anymore snow :)  Where do you live in the north east?

• Like 1

Built a Turnigy LiPo Bunker:  https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-lipo-bunker-lipoly-safety-charge-box.html?___store=en_us

I bought this some time ago on sale and thought it was finally time to assemble it.

Description from HK:  "Constructed from S304 certified stainless steel to withstand temperatures in excess of 800 degrees Celsius, the Turnigy lipo Bunker is a bullet proof safety enclosure designed to contain flames and help minimize damage to surrounding objects in the event of a lipoly failure. The duct will ensure heat, flames and gases being expelled from a lipoly battery will be vented in a direct and controlled manner."

My impression:  It's an interesting and economical design with the stamped sheet metal parts and edge clips.  Being metal you do have to be mindful of battery connectors and charging leads, especially around the hole at the bottom of one of the end plates.  That hole could use a layer of tape or a plastic U-clip to make sure the end plate doesn't slice into the wiring.  There are plenty of other options available for safety including dedicated charging bags or even repurposing an old ammo can.  That's probably why it's discontinued.

IMG_2999.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks to a scalpel and a drill, Wanda now has a more natural bend to her left arm, and is finally holding a LEGO spanner...

i-4SXNGPr-XL.jpg

photo. "I mean it Kelly, don't crash... It's taken me three years to bolt this thing together!"

Happy New Year everyone!

Jenny xx

• Like 6

3D printed, painted, and installed the front grill on my F103GT Nissan GTR LM Nismo.  I'm very happy with how it turned out!

IMG_3004.JPG

• Like 7

A productive day. We were running the Novafox, Monster Beetle and Boomerang yesterday and somehow broke the Novafox and Boomerang. Well, I know how the Boomerang broke, 4yo, 13.5T brushless and a ramp...that was just a rear shock needed some work though from cartwheeling...

I also swapped rx around so everything is as it should be.

Then I fitted a 5.5T to my TA07 in preparation for a speed run but the rain came as soon as I was ready to test it on the drive way. I know its fast by the way all  tyres flew off the rims when it was on the car stand but not sure how fast just yet

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

Pics!  I want to get a Blizzard but I know if I do we won't get anymore snow :)  Where do you live in the north east?

You know, I actually don't have any pics of the Blizz. I'll have to take some. The good news, even if we never get anymore snow, the Blizzard still crawls around the dirt and in the woods fine. Its slow, but fun in a different way than buggies. Using twin sticks to operate the individual tracks takes some getting used to. My wife and I had it going every which way at times.:D I live in south central PA, just below York.

• Like 1

Today I ah' bin' mostly confused that the holes in the chassis of my kit car are smaller than the screws that go in them. If I didn't have an electric screwdriver I would have shattered my wrist. They were definitely the right screws cos I put them on the little diagram to make sure I used the right ones.

I also spent an hour trying to bind the receiver to the transmitter until I realised I hadn't put the pins in the right slots because I didn't read the ESC manual. Spent a long time looking at screws, too. A lot longer than I thought I would be doing. I was trying to convince my self that I definitely used the right screws because a significant part of my brain was telling me I hadn't and I think I won that one... maybe.

This is my first build, as you may have guessed. My back hurts, now. I'm going to have a cup of tea and a mince pie.

15 hours ago, TheMidnight Pumpkin said:

I got my Unimog CW01 built. I chose to keep it pretty clean of the details since I figure they would just get knocked off during track bashing.

That's the one I've just started. It's my first build. Did your kit come with fluid for the shocks, because I can't find any in my kit?

1 hour ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

The CW-01 has what we call "pogo sticks". included in the kit, they don't hold oil.

Thanks.

Last night I made a instant rally course in the snow on my driveway and tested out my xv-01 with the slipper clutch, new pinion, and my first run ever using a LiPo.  Super fun!!  Super cold though, it was around 7 degrees.

25557145998_2d6ff4f940_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

39427018111_4037a24375_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 11

51 minutes ago, 78Triumph said:

Last night I made a instant rally course in the snow on my driveway and tested out my xv-01 with the slipper clutch, new pinion, and my first run ever using a LiPo.  Super fun!!  Super cold though, it was around 7 degrees.

25557145998_2d6ff4f940_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

39427018111_4037a24375_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

That does look fun! A nice little track. Very effective light bar! 

• Like 1