Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

You should be a Novafox fan, they look so cool!

Whats the quality of the TB03 like?  Is it like the DT02 plastic or more like the TRF kits?  The build should be good, I like the more complicated builds over the simple ones, and found the F1 build complicated as I had built nothing like it before.

That’s the same situation for me, the F103GT was the most complicated to date for me, but now this TB03 looks like a next level being more involving / time consuming...granted this is just my initial assessment  of the build manual but the mere fact there is an extra ball diff to make justifies that in itself, besides the other things I’ve spotted ahead of me.

Can’t comment on plastic quality as it all looks the same to me, holding the chassis I can’t see it looking any different to a DT02 chassis, both are Hard sleek and shiny black.

Its still not rocket science but it’s very different to a DT02 build for sure ;)

• Like 1

Took the buggy to the park with the kids. They loved it, so did I 😂

A couple of issues I need to figure out and obviously get it painted, but promising so far. 

39526648602_f56f9e9c19_z.jpg

• Like 5

I've been painting my Heavy Dump truck, I did try hand painting at first but even with the good old Humrol enamels, trying to get a decent finish on the grill was impossible because of all the brush jabbing required. So I scrubbed it off and got masking instead. Trying out some plastic primer and spray on top, haven't really sprayed anything before so wish me luck! I gave the body a light ruffing up first and made sure to warm the cans up in warm water and shake them for 5 years each time. It looks like the finish will be much better than by hand, I'm sure I'll have the odd masking leak but it should be easy enough to tidy up. If the result turns out better and I feel better about it then that's what matters. From what I've seen so far it is much better, an imperfect spray job seems to be better than a hand brush job, especially on the grill.

I have deviated from the box art but only a little, just taking some inspiration from trucks I've seen online. I would quite like to do a dirt was and rust etc too but let's try and run before I walk, make sure the basics are finished first!

I'm spraying some bits for the Holiday buggy too while I'm at it, just bits like the spotlight halves etc.

• Like 1

Came out pretty well! The only real problem area was the some of the masking around the exhausts, should have been more patient and cut some tape slither thin to do the curved edges but that's good in a way because it means nothing went seriously wrong that was out of my control. I'm sure I'll be able to tidy that part up a little. Overall I'm pleased for my first real spraying experience! It looks really shiny in the photo but in reality it's just a satin/semi gloss finish.

HuOFhUr.jpg

I went with a black cab because a lot of the ones I see photos of have black cabs. The other panels I just made black to add a little visual interest. I'm going to whip up some DIY Cat decals with my printer and see how they look on there.

gZuNYJ1.jpg

• Like 4

After sitting on the shelf NIB for more than a year, I'm finally starting to build this sexy machine. Keeping it stock w/ exception of it being ball raced.

rc5q9YO.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mastino said:

first test

I'll watch any video with The Trooper as background music. :) Nice song choices. I now want to change my profile location to 22 Acacia Avenue. :D

What size tire are you running on your Jeep? Also, what is your driver figure? I'm putting a cowboy in my Landfreeder and have been trying to find a passenger to ride shotgun.

1 hour ago, Kingfisher said:

I'll watch any video with The Trooper as background music. :) Nice song choices. I now want to change my profile location to 22 Acacia Avenue. :D

What size tire are you running on your Jeep? Also, what is your driver figure? I'm putting a cowboy in my Landfreeder and have been trying to find a passenger to ride shotgun.

So, this morning, BE QUICK OR BE DEATH.

Tyres: RC4WD Rok Lok 1.9" 114mm external dia.

Driver : C Viper (Crimson Viper) from Street Fighter 4 by NECA

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mastino said:

So, this morning, BE QUICK OR BE DEATH.

It's not morning. It's TWO MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT. :D

Thanks. Between your Jeep and @khyzersoze 's Toyota, I think I have decided on my next crawler. How did you shorten the wheelbase to fit the Jeep body?

Took the Blitzer to the local MTB Park, and a little voice in my head kept saying “Go on just once”. But just couldn’t bring myself to do it :rolleyes:

ACAAA781-F21E-41B8-85E8-F68B0005567C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I finished Tamiya-san's Master Modeler book last night.  I thought it might be a bit dry but it was excellent, full of honesty and enthusiasm and very entertaining.

18238748559.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Took the Blitzer to the local MTB Park, and a little voice in my head kept saying “Go on just once”. But just couldn’t bring myself to do it :rolleyes:

Full power and don't let off until the wheels detach. :)

That does look a bit high.

• Haha 1

Did some more reassembly of my Top Force. It's now a rolling chassis waiting for electrics.

Also needs some new tyres for the new wheels. The tyres on it are 25 year old Schumacher Mini Spikes on the rear and some Hot Laps (I thought they were mini spikes too) on the front. Both are tyres from the depths of my old pit box.

3x29-_kkeXR_Ay399hAZ262ImSikAMXMtt0txivE

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StrokerBoy said:

I finished Tamiya-san's Master Modeler book last night.  I thought it might be a bit dry but it was excellent, full of honesty and enthusiasm and very entertaining.

18238748559.jpg

I too thought it would be dry.  But now that you say it's good.  I think I'll give it a read someday.  

• Like 1

Did a bit of repair work on one of my Ranger XLT shells. First job was to replace a missing window bar and sunroof, now while the shell is actually going to be stripped and painted, & I could have just got the parts from a new Blackfoot shell, I decided to source material that matched as closely to the original blue of the shell as possible. 

39571789242_50aba2f3ac_b.jpg39571789372_48d3462467_b.jpg

now while the colour is slightly off it's actually not much different from the original sunroof on my other Ranger, and it's actually a better fit!

original:

24733367917_2e08dccefe_b.jpg

Quite happy with how it turned out 😊

• Like 3

On 1/6/2018 at 6:52 PM, Rb4276 said:

Added a kyosho 17.5 brushless to my beetle today with a leftover tamiya tble02s esc.

I picked up one of those up as well, but haven't had a chance to test it out. How does it work with the TBLE-02S? Do you find it any faster than the silver can?

20 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

It's not morning. It's TWO MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT. :D

Thanks. Between your Jeep and @khyzersoze 's Toyota, I think I have decided on my next crawler. How did you shorten the wheelbase to fit the Jeep body?

MST_285.jpg

Just some notes: The REAR upper link 46,5mm are self made ( SS tube DIA 6x4mm + M3 threaded bar). Other link are from the original kit. On the rear ALL the uniball 25mm was changed by uniball 20+3mm spacer (total lenght 23 in place of 25). Uniball 25 from the MST kit, uniball 20 from TRAXXAS (part#2742, not 2742X)

• Thanks 1

Rear Upright Left 1 deg toe V1 Front ISO

Been meaning to do some slimmed down rear uprights for my DT03 to stop them binding on the lower wishbone. Had a bit of time so knocked these up with some toe adjustment too. Would be great to get some feedback before I get some from shapeways to have a go with.

Soldered up the ESC and motor for my Top Force then mounted up the electrics and gave it a little test run.

08wPeQgd76B9AmiGt6EM2Jaih8qmSnV87bYhbhoy

• Like 4

Stripped another body shell & added it to the 'to paint' pile, this time an original Rough rider. The paint on this was rock hard and several coats thick, about an hour of graft later & it looks 100 times better.

24762887177_5cf1ab3713_b.jpg39631263001_a8647b600d_b.jpg

• Like 1

Rebuilt the ball diff on my RC10. This time using proper ball diff lube.

I can't test it properly as I borrowed the motor sensor cable for my Top Force. But the action feels much better.

New sensor cable ordered, along with a new wing mount.

Today I made yet another chassis for the SRB Cage Racer:

i-SWhVrWd-XL.jpg

photo. After using the previous version to finalise the various locations of the seats, steering servo mount and overall wheelbase, I'm now on version 5 I think!

I took my time hand-cutting (well, using an angle grinder initially, then a flap-wheel and finally filing the edges smooth), and I'm actually really pleased with the finish and how straight the edges turned out [compared to trying to get it laser cut somewhere], so hopefully this is the 'final' version now - time to reassemble things!

Expect an update to the built thread soon!

Jenny x

• Like 1

ordered another old school shell from my lhs and will be used for display only. hopefully i will only have to wait a week