Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Spent an enjoyable hour in the park with the girls. They ran two packs through the buggy and had a right giggle. 

Buggy ran well too, bonus! Raised the ride height slightly since last time and ran much better. Didn’t get caught up hardly any compared to last time. Being picky I’d say it could turn in better but the kids weren’t bothered. 

26204816418_552784cc7f_z.jpg

Needs a clean though now, then I’ll strip and fit the turnbuckles and hopefully zero in on this pull to the left. Having to run 88/100 trim to get it running true which is excessive imo. 

Cant help thinking it’d be a riot with truggy/monster wheels too.

• Like 4

well i spend a very enjoyable 3 hours at tony's tamiya parts house buying stuff.

oh boy does he have some stock their.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, topforcein said:

well i spend a very enjoyable 3 hours at tony's tamiya parts house buying stuff.

oh boy does he have some stock their.

Did the wallet take a beating then?!

I’d not trust myself in that situation 😂

• Haha 1

Here's some of work done today, yes, and some done a few days ago.

I've been working on my original Blackfoot truck. There's some bits missing to get it going though.

alhaojW.jpg

Also, a couple of years ago I got in a trade a unbuilt Hornet chassis from the 80's. Now I am building it using some period hopups, it's been pure bliss. Only missing the battery door. Oh, and this bodyshell is the one I had problems stripping years ago. I painted it this way so I had a thing I could mount over the chassis, but it definitely doesn't suit this sweet chassis. I might have to find something proper and paint it good.

OqNHkvB.jpg

S8QswGU.jpg

pxYo1Xa.jpg

Also, I have been getting into diecast the last couple of years. I have a soft spot for the old International Harvester tractors made by ERTL, so I'll be going down restoring a couple of those this 2018. I also like the small diecasts, here's a super cool Dodge I am working on. New set of wheels that @Crash Cramer gave to me (thanks buddy!), and all stripped now it is sitting waiting for me to work on the cast and file some imperfections before the enamel does the magic.

N1MvWE4.jpg

SylYt7c.jpg

KLwI0AD.jpg

Here's the orig model, with the low profile tires that I will never be able to tolerate in a classic vehicle:

RBYFlfc.jpg

You all have a beautiful week! :)

• Like 5

Today I finally finished off one of the boys cars :) One down, one to go!

25212218757_9506eb1a76_b.jpg26210397118_35dc50bf55_b.jpg40084341451_2e75bdf79d_b.jpg

• Like 7

Here's the other chassis built up, waiting for me to paint the body. 

28305769759_a5fb935922_b.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Did the wallet take a beating then?!

I’d not trust myself in that situation 😂

well it did take a beating but then i came back with a flying kick (with pike) and and save'd around £40 with a discount for collecting:lol::D will try and get some pics up tommorow of what i brought.;)

oh and thanks for that tip early in the week if ya know what i mean

• Like 1

Fixed the front windscreen on the Bronco and have now painted the roof.  Just leaving it out in the sun awhile to cure and then I'll add the silver backing.

XWJrCf7.jpg

If the weather stays good all day I should be able to get both the silver and black backing done.  Maybe even the window tint if I'm lucky.

• Like 1

Just because:

It's not 100% finished yet - just need to tweak the geometry before securing the ball-joint on the steering shaft with a dab of superglue.

Jx

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

And the painting is done.  I still spray the coats on too thick but I'm happy with the outcome.

qPYLITx.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, topforcein said:

oh and thanks for that tip early in the week if ya know what i mean

Nice one. Glad it worked out. 

• Like 1

Finally got around to installing the Motor and speed controller into the Cat, was going to take my time with the painting but rushed it as usual, it bled through the tape, window masks stuck to the window and couldn't get the residue off, that let to a couple of layers of smoke/Gun Mettle on the windows, rear wing disintegrated during the painting process, so replaced with a spare that I had, still waiting for the front hinge pin to arrive that was missing from the kit. Took it for a quick spin on the drive way and promptly broke the solder joint on the sway bay.

Yep gotta love this build - ( car drives great and is very smooth )

Calmed myself down by installing some wheels and a wing onto the yoke, will get around to putting a 17.5 speed passion system into it at some point, then a re-pro body shell ( can't wait to paint that )

IMG_3235.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3234.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/3/2018 at 5:23 PM, Jonathon Gillham said:

They are a great bit of kit, seen a few in action and I'm impressed. Tekno also have a pretty good looking 4wd buggy. Does this mean you're dropping 2wd buggy and just running the SCT? Why not both classes?

I will probably run both classes once I get the SCT dialed in.  I love my TRF 211 too much to retire it.  I'm hoping the SCT will help me hone my driving skills.  It's more forgiving of a rig and it'll double the amount of stick time I get each race day.  Like you said, I drive too far to get to the track (90 minutes or so one way) not to maximize my time there!

• Like 1

The Bronco was finished off today.  Really happy with how some of it came out, less impressed with other bits.  Curved masking tape gave excellent results on the wheel arches (although the right-rear one is a bit messier than I'd like).  I was surprised that the Bronco decals come pre-cut.  I still had to trim most down to a more reasonable size but some were perfect.

sIkUOd2.jpg

The white Ford letters bother me.  They're half a millimeter off from perfect and you can tell immediately.

v47TbEB.jpg

Now I can put it back in a box until I actually buy a chassis to put it on!  :D

• Like 7

I've stopped dithering and decided on a kit to go racing with. I've gone for a Schumacher Cougar KF2 SE.

It's an older model but should be plenty good enough to get me back in the swing of it all.

I'd looked at picking up a second hand one, even missed out on a couple on eBay, but decided the build process would let me get to know it better.

Now I'll need a servo for it, some tyres, a pinion (probably got a suitable one already) and a couple of LiPo batteries (with charging sacks etc).

• Like 1

Finished rebuilding a tlr22 that was a spare slider in a lot I picked up had to invest a total of 18$ in it to get it finished. Looks good but it’s being sold off. Next is to dismantle 2 df03s to make one to sell and one to shelf.... oh and made what I thought was a crazy offer on an OOB set of shocks and won them (set of 54028 for a 3rd of retail price)

10 hours ago, Blista said:

The Bronco was finished off today.  Really happy with how some of it came out, less impressed with other bits.  Curved masking tape gave excellent results on the wheel arches (although the right-rear one is a bit messier than I'd like).  I was surprised that the Bronco decals come pre-cut.  I still had to trim most down to a more reasonable size but some were perfect.

sIkUOd2.jpg

The white Ford letters bother me.  They're half a millimeter off from perfect and you can tell immediately.

v47TbEB.jpg

Now I can put it back in a box until I actually buy a chassis to put it on!  :D

Looks great

Been toying with different tires for the new built vintage Hornet chassis. Oh, I do need a decent body for this one.

znVt55z.jpg

93LHSk6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tonight, I have been mostly wiring in my DT03 basher ready to play with the kids when theirs are finished :) 

39223538205_454780c6c8_b.jpg40122927781_77ecc513e3_b.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sammo said:

Tonight, I have been mostly wiring in my DT03 basher ready to play with the kids when theirs are finished :) 

39223538205_454780c6c8_b.jpg40122927781_77ecc513e3_b.jpg

Are you running a different body? Will you still get the spoiler and body on cleanly with the motor wires cable tied to the shock tower?

Need to get some of those tyres ordered too...need to stop spending though 😬

Made an order at MIP for the new hotshot diff, fingers crossed that they get enough orders to produce em. 

40 minutes ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Are you running a different body? Will you still get the spoiler and body on cleanly with the motor wires cable tied to the shock tower?

Need to get some of those tyres ordered too...need to stop spending though 😬

The body just about goes on with the motor wires there although I might trim the edge of it slightly so it clears them completely. 

30 minutes ago, Sammo said:

The body just about goes on with the motor wires there although I might trim the edge of it slightly so it clears them completely. 

Cool. I know my Racing Fighter body is all a bit close around there. Thinking of trimming spoiler too as that just touches the shock top caps.