Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Working on the front gearbox of my Terra Scorcher and used the last front right and left gearbox. Replaced all the bearings, rebuilt the shocks. 

Needs an A5 strengthener (a crack in the bottom suspension are holder) and some suspension spacers (the little brass bushes that the bolts holding on the shocks go through)

Also looked over a couple of cars that mates dropped into me for a possible refurb- 2 Terra Scorchers one with a Thundershot body. First glance they look good but both have some serious money needing spent on them to turn em into decent runners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E28_M5 said:

This afternoon I masked off and painted up a new basher shell for my recently resurrected and now slightly modified (ESC, sport-tuned motor, MIP ball diff etc.) vintage Monster Beetle. When it first arrived from Kamtec I was slightly disappointed at the lack of detail so decided to go for a simple but bright colour scheme to distract from it.

It’s Tamiya Bright Red over gold and silver which gives a subtle metallic fleck, and I messed about with a bit of masking for the stripes and the bonnet detail. All said and done I’m quite pleased with the outcome. The inside is very bling!

I’m going to add a few stickers shortly which will appeal to my 5 year old son, who was the reason for digging it out of the loft and fixing it up.

2CF88BD5-AF65-423D-99ED-2F5B55EC7474.jpeg

653234D5-4DA4-4665-8452-E596B886D1E3.jpeg

5D25549B-C374-4B78-9372-2213D8B0408D.jpeg

That is so shiny, like a Wonka golden ticket

Added a scale aerial to my bruiser. 

I ain't to sure on it yet weather I like it. 

IMG_20180305_144552.jpg

• Like 1

Went to Pleasure Island (Cleethorpes) yesterday, they've gone bust and are selling everything off.  Fancy a full-size 2-player Sega Rally arcade machine for my lounge... ;)

Anyway, saw this sign in the car park, they've obviously had some trouble in the past...

prohibited.jpg

Fitted metal bearings, alloy dog bone and drive shafts to tt01 

Off work with tonsillitis (again - one more case before the summer and I can be referred to have them removed).

Spent the afternoon trying to get 6 OrangeRX GR400S Futaba compatible receivers to bind to my transmitter.

None of them would, all seem to be DOA.

Two SF400S receivers from the same order bind and seem to work fine with the same equipment and settings.

Just a little bit annoyed after waiting almost a month for delivery and then having to pay £27 customs fees.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, StrokerBoy said:

Went to Pleasure Island (Cleethorpes) yesterday, they've gone bust and are selling everything off.  Fancy a full-size 2-player Sega Rally arcade machine for my lounge... ;)

Anyway, saw this sign in the car park, they've obviously had some trouble in the past...

prohibited.jpg

The big question is, did you ask them how much for the sign?

It would have been great for that 'Signs' competition on TamiyaClub a while back...

Today, I visited Advance Hobbies in Scarborough, Ontario. They have been around for a while, but not for too long in this location. Their continued presence to today means they have some interesting new-old-stock items:

1ze9w7k.jpg

In addition, they still get a supply of Tamiya re-releases, where many other hobby shops have given up on the brand:

6ojrj5.jpg

But surely it is because they have a passion for it, evidenced by this display. The Porsche 911 GT1 and Tyrrell P34 have been around since their old location, as was the Hilux (I think), but they have a Fighting Buggy, TT-01 truck, Bigwig, and Konghead all built up, too. It is nice to see:

2962mmp.jpg

And high up on another shelf:

28s4inb.jpg

I wonder who will take home that Avante...

Of course, I was not there to go home empty-handed, so I brought several supplies home:

2d7c61h.jpg

Much (if not all) of the paints and wire will be used for my Lancia 037 Rally build. The catalogue is just for fun!

It was a good day, but I had better hope I get that job I am interviewing for tomorrow! :P

• Like 7

I’ve decided to hop up up my daughters Lunchbox today and keep it on the shelf and then we will run my Lunchbox

With that in mind I bought new wheels, bumper and CVA shocks 👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StrokerBoy said:

prohibited.jpg

Did you get one?

Spent a bit of time in the garage as my wife was doing her crafty soft toy making. I fixed my sons mad bull by re soldering on a motor wire, then turned my attention to my TNX wanted to make a wheelie bar thing. The old bumper was broken and looked ideal this is what I came up with its a prototype if it works will secure it better, but it seemed perfect! When I test it it will probably just snap off but will see

QEKFXmu.jpg

OT9fFCF.jpg

kARGIr4.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grastens said:

It would have been great for that 'Signs' competition on TamiyaClub a while back...

Today, I visited Advance Hobbies in Scarborough, Ontario. They have been around for a while, but not for too long in this location. Their continued presence to today means they have some interesting new-old-stock items:

1ze9w7k.jpg

In addition, they still get a supply of Tamiya re-releases, where many other hobby shops have given up on the brand:

6ojrj5.jpg

But surely it is because they have a passion for it, evidenced by this display. The Porsche 911 GT1 and Tyrrell P34 have been around since their old location, as was the Hilux (I think), but they have a Fighting Buggy, TT-01 truck, Bigwig, and Konghead all built up, too. It is nice to see:

2962mmp.jpg

And high up on another shelf:

28s4inb.jpg

I wonder who will take home that Avante...

Of course, I was not there to go home empty-handed, so I brought several supplies home:

2d7c61h.jpg

Much (if not all) of the paints and wire will be used for my Lancia 037 Rally build. The catalogue is just for fun!

It was a good day, but I had better hope I get that job I am interviewing for tomorrow! :P

Nice to be able to see a few in the flesh side by side. 

Good luck with the job interview, as that Avante has your name written all over it 👍🏻

Made a video of the faulty OrangeRX receivers I received from Hobbyking.

Fortunately my boys have plenty of Duplo bricks which came in handy to fashion a stand to hold my phone whilst I did all of the cable plugging and button pressing.

fitted hop-up metal air horns to my merc truck and decided to relocate the mfu for the 2nd time and i think it will be moved for a 3rd time soon.

• Like 1

Trimmed out a new TBG body for my Falcon. Still missing some bits and pieces for the car, but it's really beginning to look like its former self now.

20180306_214926.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Peter_B said:

Fortunately my boys have plenty of Duplo bricks which came in handy to fashion a stand to hold my phone whilst I did all of the cable plugging and button pressing.

Always a good idea to film issues with a Hobbyking product before return. They will say they are fine and just return the cost of the items minus shipping. It happened to me on my second(and last) order from them.

4 minutes ago, Biz73 said:

Always a good idea to film issues with a Hobbyking product before return. They will say they are fine and just return the cost of the items minus shipping. It happened to me on my second(and last) order from them.

They wouldn't even accept the return without a video. They didn't believe that 6 out of 6 receivers could be faulty.

They have authorised the return now though. Just got to find out when I can expect replacements.

• Like 1

Today I bought a pair of servos to go in the Lunchboxes.

I just need some small odds and ends and they can both go back together soon.

21 hours ago, Peter_B said:

Hope the give you a bit of credit for the hassle of having to do that to prove they were faulty! 

Did a few bits on the Top Force today. Swapped the old tyres for new ones, trimmed the TBG body, wing and undertray. Discovered that the cabling I'd made an effort to keep tidy wouldn't fit under the body. So I had to reroute it all.

The weather wasn't suited to painting the shell so I finished off something else instead...

a74WAva6xnXBVoWc9GmnBMPQZioxlOmJNloDXHM5

Painting was done by the same top bloke who painted my Blackfoot for me.

• Like 3