Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Two medals in the post, I recently bought 3 that weren’t even on my radar till they went on sale :(

Ive entered a couple of club raffles to win cars, my NY resolution was not to BUY any cars this year 🙄 (unless the rere Ultima arrives).

So far ive passed on a few on my wish list too! Kyosho Rocky, Kyosho maxxum,a brat and a then a nib DT02 holiday buggy for just over £60! 

10 minutes ago, mman2005 said:

I agree about the painting. I like to have a couple of different jobs when doing this hobby, 1 painting related and another building. Saves mistakes and keeps my interest. I noticed that skate stuff on another thread. Please would you mind pointing me in the direction of it?

Here you go, I bought the 1m x 50mm strip for £4.29.

Reading the description again it can be removed without leaving any residue and can be stretched with a heat gun too, and very very tough apparently... the Levant will test that.

1 minute ago, Wooders28 said:

Ive entered a couple of club raffles to win cars, my NY resolution was not to BUY any cars this year 🙄 (unless the rere Ultima arrives).

So far ive passed on a few on my wish list too! Kyosho Rocky, Kyosho maxxum,a brat and a then a nib DT02 holiday buggy for just over £60! 

Well done that man, that is tremendous self control, I can’t lie I am jealous, but then I look at my new toys and that moment disappears reeeeeeeal quick.

Good luck with the raffles, what are they for? ( car and beneficiary?)

6 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Here you go, I bought the 1m x 50mm strip for £4.29.

Reading the description again it can be removed without leaving any residue and can be stretched with a heat gun too, and very very tough apparently... the Levant will test that.

Thanks but did you put a link in?

Dug some projects out of the shed...

20180313_211929

It's a WT01N with dual steering. It did have twin motors too but I stole a gearbox last year to build...

20180313_212317

A WR02!

I'm still not sure about this project. Deep down I kind of want to build a Willy's Jeep, but I'm not sure of the cost of all the bits to build a complete body?

Then I could use the Jimny SJ30 body for something else I really want to try...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Medal in the post... what car???

The rot set in when you listed your Beams Integra, I was close to getting in touch when it sold. Thought to myself, ‘phew dodged that one’ then browsed eBay and found a used TL01LA with radio gear and what look to be a few nice additions. I hit BIN and thought ‘ah well, at least I might run this one’.

The question is, do Ihave room for it AND the GT-R?!

1 hour ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I'm still not sure about this project. Deep down I kind of want to build a Willy's Jeep, but I'm not sure of the cost of all the bits to build a complete body?

If you’re thinking of using a WW2 body then I’d say it might be more cost effective to buy a whole kit from someone like Fusion or Timetunnnel and split it for re-sale or go back to a twin motor in the truck.

I went the long route using Tamico and TTP and it probably wasn’t my best move.

2 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Good luck with the raffles, what are they for? ( car and beneficiary?)

Not won anything....yet (well, i won the Hotwheels Honda city turbo on youtube 👍 (which has since been stolen by my 3yr old).

The raffles were for a couple of onroad cars (all look the same, so dont remember which flavour 🙄) and one of the Holiday buggies.

• Haha 1

Need to clean up a few things like making sure the decals actually stay put but I've got all 500 decals placed! Now...to play with it all stock for a bit and then to upgrade to brushless. I already have the hobbywing esc and a 13.5t. Will be putting the high speed gear set in and slowly upgrade some of the plastics to metal parts (the obvious places).....

4s8BaGe.jpg

• Like 5

Made a few changes to my onroad racers ESC settings which I've been meaning to for ages.  Just upped the brakes on the TA07 and reduced the punch on the TRF102 as both were just in Stock 0 profile.  Then realised I now have calipers (verniers?) so can check all those turnbuckles that I had to try to get right with a ruler.  I was surprised, about half were spot on and the worst was .3mm out.  They are all as per manual now, but I'm trying to ignore the fact that this may mean I have to go through and check everything else again...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Dug some projects out of the shed...

20180313_211929

It's a WT01N with dual steering. It did have twin motors too but I stole a gearbox last year to build...

20180313_212317

A WR02!

Then I could use the Jimny SJ30 body for something else I really want to try...

Those are two types of tires I was eyeing on.  

The ones on WT01 is short course tires with thinner sidewalls on the insides?  They look good.  So does the WR02 tires. 

I think I'll get both types to see if I have uses for them.  

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Made a few changes to my onroad racers ESC settings which I've been meaning to for ages.  Just upped the brakes on the TA07 and reduced the punch on the TRF102 as both were just in Stock 0 profile.  Then realised I now have calipers (verniers?) so can check all those turnbuckles that I had to try to get right with a ruler.  I was surprised, about half were spot on and the worst was .3mm out.  They are all as per manual now, but I'm trying to ignore the fact that this may mean I have to go through and check everything else again...

Calipers!  Yes, calipers would be very useful for such precise measurements.  I still don't know where mine is... 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

The rot set in when you listed your Beams Integra, I was close to getting in touch when it sold. Thought to myself, ‘phew dodged that one’ then browsed eBay and found a used TL01LA with radio gear and what look to be a few nice additions. I hit BIN and thought ‘ah well, at least I might run this one’.

The question is, do Ihave room for it AND the GT-R?!

Ha I saw that other Beans Integra on eBay and thought, darned... competition! 

Yes you can find space, spoon it with the GTR under your desk... Long Arms indeed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Ha I saw that other Beans Integra on eBay and thought, darned... competition! 

Yes you can find space, spoon it with the GTR under your desk... Long Arms indeed!

This car has a BMW shell...BUT..having had another look at the photos I can see a set of Integra wheels so perhaps that is what it once was!

• Haha 1

Ventured over to the local Maplin, to get some bits and bobs and to see what bargains could be had (none, as the case maybe).

I may have seen one too many Dukes of Hazzard's, but did think, would i make it! 😂 

2018-03-14_05-24-14

Going to try and get back with something RC, those table tops are just asking to be leaped 🙄😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Shonky camera-wedged-in-a-bench footage of lovely grippy grass running at lunchtime. First run offroad with Project Ultra G

And the Grasshopper3 got a leg stretch too. Did i mention it was grippy?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Shonky camera-wedged-in-a-bench footage of lovely grippy grass running at lunchtime. First run offroad with Project Ultra G

And the Grasshopper3 got a leg stretch too. Did i mention it was grippy?

Loving the Grasshopper 3 Cy!!!!

• Like 1

On 3/14/2018 at 4:08 PM, Juggular said:

Calipers!  Yes, calipers would be very useful for such precise measurements.  I still don't know where mine is... 

Your caliper story has been one of the highlights of TamiyaClub.  A bit like Ross Taylors innings in the 4th ODI, unfortunately that set me up for huge disappointment in the 5th and decider!

• Haha 2

Bit of a fail this afternoon. Tried fitting Mitsubishi body to tt01e ..... body posts to short .... wheels too wide ... and body doesn’t sit correctly. The rear wheels were to close to the arch. So ordered new posts and 0 offset narrow / medium wheels. It’s a Tamiya body so really don’t understand why it’s being a pain in the rear to fit ( excluding the posts being a tad short)

Decided to central my servos (should have done before building most of the car) but the forward and reverse are the opposite way round, i.e. reverse is throttle, throttle is reverse. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Running Acoms crystal set with MSC and acoms servos. If I look at the pic of the MSC in the manual, the esc moving left is throttle and right is reverse. Is this correct?

20180315_212157

4 hours ago, mman2005 said:

Decided to central my servos (should have done before building most of the car) but the forward and reverse are the opposite way round, i.e. reverse is throttle, throttle is reverse. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Running Acoms crystal set with MSC and acoms servos. If I look at the pic of the MSC in the manual, the esc moving left is throttle and right is reverse. Is this correct?

20180315_212157

Not sure about that radio set itself, but if there are any servo reversing switches in the body of the TX or perhaps inside the battery door of the TX, you could try throwing the reverse switch to sort out the backwards operation.

5 hours ago, Crash Cramer said:

Not sure about that radio set itself, but if there are any servo reversing switches in the body of the TX or perhaps inside the battery door of the TX, you could try throwing the reverse switch to sort out the backwards operation.

Thanks. It's an acoms ap-227 mk3 and there aren't any servo switches. I'll have a better look this evening