Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

STarted my agrios build today. Got a full bearing set and am going to use the 15t firebolts for now since my extra superstock rz hasnt showed up yet. Couldn’t pass up ordering another for only $22 shipped from japan

8CF983F0-704A-4521-8C3A-94C25BB17E29.jpeg

• Like 1

Apparently my 58002 Porsche 935 was badly damaged in shipping to its new owner in Canada.

So it looks like I'm going to have to file a claim with USPS (I'm probably going to get screwed) for a package that was insured for $420 USD, shipped to another country, and probably have to issue a partial refund. Who broke it? USPS or Canadian mail? Dang good question. I packed that box like it was carrying baby Jesus himself. Son. Of. A....

• Haha 1
  • Sad 4

NIB Dynatech has finally arrived so ill be fitting it to me freshly built Egress :)

IMG_20180404_200035.jpg

• Like 2

Update: 

Buyer sent pics. Both A-pillars broken, front glass scratched up and popped out, rear wing cracked at base, right rear window popped out. 

Heart broken. 

Buyer was also hit with a $74 Canadian customs fee. Jeebus what a money grab. :blink:

I offered the buyer to send it back for a full refund or keep the car, rebuild the pieces and I'll issue a partial refund. The damage can be fixed. If you see my original build thread in the vintage section, it's fairly straight forward. Not a consolation though to the poor buyer that received damaged goods :(

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, NWarty said:

Canadian

Frankly, I don't trust a country that takes a piece of ham and calls it "bacon"...

Terry

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Frog Jumper said:

Frankly, I don't trust a country that takes a piece of ham and calls it "bacon"...

Terry

Very true :P 

Buyer is going to keep the car. We're just working on a fair number for partial refund. 

30 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

2018-04-04_09-20-34

2 hours

40+ pesky little stickers

Worth it though ;)

Having a few days off over Easter means I actually have some real time to get on with some projects. Today I stripped and cleaned a FF01 and was happy to find it fitted with a complete set of ball bearings. Planning to rebuild it as a Honda Civic. I masked the shell for a BSR M.Rage, will hopefully paint it tomorrow. Then I finished this

Voltec Fighter

Yay! Boy Racer!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

2018-04-04_09-20-34

2 hours

40+ pesky little stickers

Sorry to quote again but Chris, will you drive with these tyre decals on? Will they stay on? I’ve done some similar but only stuck them with their own adhesion and not confident they will remain in place?

Also, have you considered putting tyre decals top and bottom of the tyre it - looks double good!

If never run these tyres buddy - they don't fit on the rims for a start :ph34r:

I have run drift cars with stickers before as the tyre doesn't deflect like a grip tyre would, but I still lost the stickers- so no, they're shelf duty only really.

And I would have put stickers on the opposite sides but I didn't have enough :(

• Haha 1

Been busy cataloging my RC collection these last few days.  I had some unexpected time off work on Tuesday so I spent it working on my RC Cataloging software, which allows me to store cars, assign motors, speedos, servos, motors, radios etc. to cars, list jobs and notes against cars and pull off random collections for my display shelves.  Been a real long project but finally feel like I'm about to get the pay-off.

I'll post a full thread when I'm done but right now my database contains 45 cars, 13 of which are in runnable condition (just add battery) and 25 of which can be displayed (they are assembled with wheels, tyres and body).  I have 133 assets, most linked to cars since I haven't even started going through my boxes of spare electronics yet.

This means when I go playing on Saturday evening I don't have to go thru all my boxes to work out what cars can run - I just throw the boxes in the van and off I go.  Of course I do need to remember to update the database with any breakages when I get home...

• Like 3

RC might be on hold for a bit as the Commonwealth Games are on, and they are just over the ditch so the time zone thing is perfect.

Just been researching car setup today, there is so much to it. I have the swaybars to fit to the TA07 before racing on Saturday so hopefully I get a chance to setup in front of the tv tomorrow with cars and sport.

• Like 1

Well I have trimmed and soldered the wiring for my Vampire Racing SR1 ESC into the TM EJ4S and got it all fitted, setup the esc for the transmitter and all seems good. :) 

IMG_20180405_140711.jpg

, just need to get the inner foams fitted when they arrive, glue the tires and then its test run time :)

On a side note, regards tire decals, I have found that they stick fine but as long as before you apply then make sure the tire surface is super clean and flat, do not place a decal over existing raising lettering. Once applied take a hair drier and gentle warm it up and you should see it start to adhere better (same goes for body decals around windows and curves too), get the glue warm and it sticks far better than just off the sheet, a nice gentle rub and secure it into place. I have seen good results using this method and they don't peel off after running either.

James.

• Thanks 1

Finished my re-re Bigwig. MCI decals came in last night. Super happy with how it turned out. 

d6fcd31bc9147798d00b3a61b03a9b4e.jpg
ccd600ed8d5ece4b7c275e2d640f7245.jpg

• Like 9

I finally got around to fitting the swaybars to the TA07. I didn't really have a choice since race day tomorrow afternoon and I'm running in the morning so tonight was the last chance. They look cool since its added more blue bling, I just hope they work since everyone I have spoken to says they are really important. I assume that's why i've been at the back of the field and I'll be taking a podium tomorrow...

Tomorrow will be interesting, the club is combining offroad and onroad which makes the day longer and also has meant they have reduced the classes. Luckily both mine are still running but its a bit annoying as it is amlong night anyway so this will just stretch it out while also reducing open practice

On 05/04/2018 at 7:49 AM, Frog Jumper said:

Terry

But then they redeem themselves by having pancakes and maple syrup, which means it's perfectly acceptable to put ice cream on top and have it for breakfast. And since there is such thing as 'all day breakfast' you can eat ice cream when ever you want....

...a bit like my mother in law and her corking a bottle of red at 8am

On 05/04/2018 at 12:04 PM, JeffSpicoli said:

Crap I hate - painting details.  

Photo Apr 04, 5 24 25 PM.jpg

just a FYI, that lower lip is meant to be body colour.

Today I assembled the Ford Ranger ride on for my kids for their bday tomorrow. A grasshopper is 3x more difficult, but somehow it gave this old junkie some kind of 'fix'.

On 04/04/2018 at 11:21 PM, Maelstrom said:

Having a few days off over Easter means I actually have some real time to get on with some projects. Today I stripped and cleaned a FF01 and was happy to find it fitted with a complete set of ball bearings. Planning to rebuild it as a Honda Civic. I masked the shell for a BSR M.Rage, will hopefully paint it tomorrow. Then I finished this

Voltec Fighter

Yay! Boy Racer!

I have a full size of that shell but cannot find anything it fits

On 4/4/2018 at 3:49 PM, Frog Jumper said:

Terry

We're leaner for it ;)

Sorry to hear about the Porsche, @NWarty - Canada Post does sometimes act irresponsibly with packages, and that is not worth whatever ransom they then demand from the receiver. It gets harder to root for them whenever the union enters a new dispute... I hope you and the buyer can get settled up!

And while I hate to make light of such a bad situation: at least our currency is weaker, so a satisfactory partial refund might be less than you think ;)

... Sorry, eh :unsure:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, edeneen said:

I just ordered a Mad Fighter

TAM47347_a0.jpeg

You mean racing fighter?

I was 6 minutes too late to bid on an Ebay auction just now for a RTR TT01 with the Lamborghini Gallardo (BlancPain) shell that I’ve recently been looking everywhere for and since have found out it’s now out of production.... and it sold for only £82 :(

Ah well these things happen for a reason.

• Sad 3