Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On the flipside Jason I found and bid and won a TL01B Chinese copy after reading your build thread :lol:

I'm gonna be in a lot of trouble. Still, it was only £31!

22 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

On the flipside Jason I found and bid and won a TL01B Chinese copy after reading your build thread :lol:

I’m glad someone had good luck on EBay then, please chuck a photo up when it arrives as coincidentally I’ve only just been reading up about these Chinese copies when doing research on the TL01B chassis... small world ( of RC lol)

Finally got around to painting my Subaru Brat hardbody that I'm going to fit to my cc-01. It's the first time I've tried the salt chipping technique and I'm pretty happy with the results. The only thing I really don't like about it is it's really messy and you end up with bits of salt everywhere. 

I just need to do some detail painting and then weathering before sealing the whole lot under a couple of coats of gloss clear to protect the finish then hitting it with a matt coat to take the sheen off and give that well used and abused look. 

20180406_185331_PerfectlyClear.jpg

• Like 5

Took a look at the M03 I had been putting together for my wife and realised that what I thought was finished was, in fact, nowhere near complete!

So drew up a list of what needs doing.

I think I have nearly all the parts I need, so a few minutes here and there should finish it off. Well, the chassis anyway. The Mini body I’m keeping aside until I’ve had some practice.

• Like 1

One positive, the only positive  while waiting on tamiya to ship my  star shaft was my other super stock rz came today and i was able to install without a complete tear down

97106FA6-C308-4F8B-A3D8-0B6EADBEF2AB.jpeg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Grastens said:

We're leaner for it ;)

Sorry to hear about the Porsche, @NWarty - Canada Post does sometimes act irresponsibly with packages, and that is not worth whatever ransom they then demand from the receiver. It gets harder to root for them whenever the union enters a new dispute... I hope you and the buyer can get settled up!

And while I hate to make light of such a bad situation: at least our currency is weaker, so a satisfactory partial refund might be less than you think ;)

... Sorry, eh :unsure:

Thanks Grastens. I ended up refunding the buyer $75 USD. Shipping cost me $60 and was still slow as molasses and the package damage. 

Stings a bit. Was hoping to get another resto project underway, but had to settle for modernizing an old car.  

Went racing tonight with mixed results. The F1 was really well behaved and I'm getting much more consistent. I was a lap off the lead lap both races which is a good result, 2 race meets ago I was 3 laps off the pace. The front runners have been running their cars for a few seasons so have a bit of a headstart.

The TA07 was the opposite and I was about 3 laps off the pace. Part of the problem is the other cars are just faster, they have $200 motors which are a whole lot better than my $50 Speed Passion. The other problem was the rear cutting loose all the time. I assumed I had messed up the setup when I fitted the swaybars yesterday although its always been a bit tail happy. One of the fast guys was marshalling and watching me, came over at the end and aksed to have a look at it. He fiddled around, said i had a bit too much droop, then kept playing with the rear tyres. It turns out that there are front and rear compound foams, who knew?! I have fronts all round, which explains a lot! Why is there so much to learn and just when I think I'm getting a handle on things I discover such a noob thing.

Really sore though, ran 18kms this morning too, i'm sure it will feel good sometime

• Like 1

Task for today was to replace the noisy 70mm fan on the CPU cooler on my PC.

Job ended up as a complete stripdown & rebuild due to the amount of dust & fluff I found in there !

Upgraded the CPU cooler while I was in there to something about 6 times the size & with a 120mm cooling fan.

Fan now spins at around 1k rpm instead of 4k rpm, runs a fair bit cooler and is now so much quieter.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

That was one of my first hobby grades when I got into RC again in 2016.

Decent truck IMO. The big 560 motor has plenty of torque and goes well on a 2s battery. Plastic seems to be close enough to Tamiya in terms of quality if not finish.

It's a lucky dip with bearings, it could have all, some or no bearings with brass or plastic bushings instead. My one had bearings almost everywhere except for the drive shaft which had brass bushings.

This is an old video now but it might give a vague idea of how fun it is to drive even stock. This was only with a NIMH pack I believe too:

• Like 1

Dug out an old new built TT01 roller, put some 9mm offset wheels on and trimmed my new 200mm wide HPI Porsche shell...... I have high hopes for this car!

6iRspCk.jpg

And went to a new park todaya nnd found this little make shift track for anyone to use... I see this having a Tamiya tearing it up real soon.

5C9oQO7.jpg

• Like 4

A few different cans of PS paint, masking tape plus the net bag from some oranges and finished painting the Yeti roof, quite pleased with it and just the body to attempt now.

5ac8fd0c7a547_Yetiroof.thumb.jpg.432b254f02c53110dd340e7cf07c0f9e.jpg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, SurreyDad said:

A few different cans of PS paint, masking tape plus the net bag from some oranges and finished painting the Yeti roof, quite pleased with it and just the body to attempt now.

5ac8fd0c7a547_Yetiroof.thumb.jpg.432b254f02c53110dd340e7cf07c0f9e.jpg

That looks ace 👌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Dug out an old new built TT01 roller, put some 9mm offset wheels on and trimmed my new 200mm wide HPI Porsche shell...... I have high hopes for this car!

6iRspCk.jpg

And went to a new park todaya nnd found this little make shift track for anyone to use... I see this having a Tamiya tearing it up real soon.

5C9oQO7.jpg

Make shift??!! It looks purpose built and great! Just needs a group of rc enthusiasts with a selection of vehicles to make it look like a running town. Great find!!

• Like 1

Probably for kids on bikes, we have a reasonable asphalt square (tennis court size) at a local skate park that has a small road painted on it about that width for kids to learn on.

@Jason1145 That track might be a little narrow for a bunch of fast touring cars (I am just trying to imagine standing in the middle and keeping a fast car on track with my aging depth perception) but i would certainly love to potter around it with a couple of tractor trucks, looks near perfect! Nice find!

• Like 1

Retrieved wheels, foams, rear upper links, servo mounts and body posts for the M03 from the loft. Now to locate the associated screws, washers, hexes, servo and motor. Next opportunity for car fettling will be Thursday / Friday 😔

1 hour ago, SurreyDad said:

Nice grafic design. :wub:

• Like 1

Finally finished the Mampe Capri😊

sat on a TB evo III shortened to 251mm using TA04 SS rear arms.

IMG-20180407-WA0008.jpg

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, svenb said:

IMG-20180407-WA0011.jpg

Tip top work... did you make the rear post holes first and place that rear window sticker over them? Are they different offset wheels front to back, look really nice with the tyre decals too.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Tip top work... did you make the rear post holes first and place that rear window sticker over them? Are they different offset wheels front to back, look really nice with the tyre decals too.

Thanks I painted and decaled then cut the body post holes. maybe should have moved rear posts back and put the holes in the glass area but not easy to do on the Evo III, plus I don't mind the look of it. I never cut the posts down either;)

1 hour ago, chuch said:

Found this lying in my loft... 

DSC01980.jpg

DSC01974.jpg

Nice find

• Like 1

I made a transmitter out of some scrap styrene so I could put this Matchbox Unimog in the bed of my CC-01 Unimog with it and have it look like a scale RC for my driver.

40590077484_16c8ca0cf3_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

41303717921_5231d4b5d6_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

;)

• Like 9