Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Are they different offset wheels front to back, look really nice with the tyre decals too.

Yes mate two piece wheels wide +10 offset rear and 26mm +4mm front

• Thanks 1

Wheels and tires came in today for the runner Super G. Fronts are a bit wider than stock but that’s okay. I have some 12mm hex adapters for the front and back en route. 

Hopefully the motor/ESC get here on Monday. 

481b35096680814f84d267e7f263ea3b.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Dug out an old new built TT01 roller, put some 9mm offset wheels on and trimmed my new 200mm wide HPI Porsche shell...... I have high hopes for this car!

6iRspCk.jpg

And went to a new park todaya nnd found this little make shift track for anyone to use... I see this having a Tamiya tearing it up real soon.

5C9oQO7.jpg

Funny! I used to go on walks wjth the family and spot lines for riding my mountain bike. Now i spot options for running my buggies!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, NWarty said:

Wheels and tires came in today for the runner Super G. Fronts are a bit wider than stock but that’s okay. I have some 12mm hex adapters for the front and back en route. 

Hopefully the motor/ESC get here on Monday. 

481b35096680814f84d267e7f263ea3b.jpg

That looks COOL with those big wheels. Proportions are a little bit GH2 Junior. I love a nice GH2. Are the wheels for running to save the flouro ones?

I was hoping this year I'd have more time for projects, sadly thats not quite been the case. I do however want to earn how to use the lathe and I've finally managed to machine my own hotshot rim as my first project. Its a little plain and once I sort out proper clamps for my dividing head, I'll add I'm a little more detail around the rim. Now to do 3 more!

machine-hotshot-wheel-rims-1.jpg

machine-hotshot-wheel-rims-2.jpg

machine-hotshot-wheel-rims-3.jpg

machine-hotshot-wheel-rims-4.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Ran a DT03 on a wet lawn through newly cut grass and molehills*.... messy!!! :) 

Dt03

DT03

Front suspension was bouncing around all over the place. Definitely need to sort that out with either some weights or some shock/spring amendments. It behaved much better on a gravelly surface. And much easier on the wet lawn than yesterday when it was dry, more surface slip meant less grip roll overs....! 13.5t brushless sensored motor in this, pretty good fun.

Cue thread about how people clean up their cars....!!!

( * no moles were harmed in the making of this post)

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, ALEXKYRIAK said:

Ran a DT03 on a wet lawn through newly cut grass and molehills*.... messy!!! :) 

Dt03

DT03

Front suspension was bouncing around all over the place. Definitely need to sort that out with either some weights or some shock/spring amendments. It behaved much better on a gravelly surface. And much easier on the wet lawn than yesterday when it was dry, more surface slip meant less grip roll overs....! 13.5t brushless sensored motor in this, pretty good fun.

( * no moles were harmed in the making of this post)

What tires are you running on that?  Are they Schumachers?  I want to replace the front stock ribbed tires on my DT-03 with something more aggressive. 

38 minutes ago, 78Triumph said:

What tires are you running on that?  Are they Schumachers?  I want to replace the front stock ribbed tires on my DT-03 with something more aggressive. 

I think they’re U6786 and U6787, Schumacher CAT blocks, yellow. I can check exact product code later tonight.  Got the idea from @ThunderDragonCy

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

That looks COOL with those big wheels. Proportions are a little bit GH2 Junior. I love a nice GH2. Are the wheels for running to save the flouro ones?

They are. I’m actually getting a new set of front spikes and will be running a different body with this one. 

25 minutes ago, NWarty said:

They are. I’m actually getting a new set of front spikes and will be running a different body with this one. 

Nice. I am a sucker for a GH2 body. I have done 5 this year! None box art as they are grafted onto other chassis. Don't know how true to form you want to keep it, but i have designed a 3d printed part which allows you to put a 4 bar front suspension on a GH2 chassis. I have one spare if you are interested. I put a thread up on it in TC designs a while ago when i did my kids Rising Fighter

• Like 1

Rolled my vw golf nose to tail 6 times after clipping a curb!! Body faired ok to be fair just rear end damage , broken mirror and scuffs to front 

got a few coats of clear coat on the lunchbox shell.............. i may through a couple of more coats on yet when it settles down.

my problem know is i like the finish of 2k clear and i have only used normal clear on the lunchbox shell and it takes a fair few coats to get a nice thick look

3 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Nice. I am a sucker for a GH2 body. I have done 5 this year! None box art as they are grafted onto other chassis. Don't know how true to form you want to keep it, but i have designed a 3d printed part which allows you to put a 4 bar front suspension on a GH2 chassis. I have one spare if you are interested. I put a thread up on it in TC designs a while ago when i did my kids Rising Fighter

I’m very interested in that suspension since the aftermarket has pretty much ignored the GHII! 

It looks like it runs great in the video you posted :) 

7 hours ago, ALEXKYRIAK said:

Ran a DT03 on a wet lawn through newly cut grass and molehills*.... messy!!! :)DT03

Hahaha, you invented a DIY flowbench for RC buggies. 

I do run a 13.5 sensored LRP on mine and yes, it does not need more :wub:

• Like 1

Freshened up the shocks on the race buggies this afternoon. Been meaning to for ages so glad its finally done. The Ultima probably didn't need it, they were still in good shape but the Lazers were atrocious. Lesson learned, always strip down a secondhand car regardless of who built it.

I also checked the setup since I know a little bit more about car setup after all the research and trial and error on the TA07 and it was pretty bad. He said it was the manual setup but I have no idea what manual. Oh well, hopefully it will be a big improvement next race meet. I'm getting more consistent so am working towards a flash new motor...and already started that discussion with my wife

On 08/04/2018 at 11:37 AM, ALEXKYRIAK said:

Let it dry off then take it up and down the street a few times. What's left can stay there lol.

• Like 1

On 07/04/2018 at 8:58 PM, novicelad said:

Made my TNX balloon its tyres weeeeeeeeeee!

Lol like a rocket when they touched the ground again! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

Lol like a rocket when they touched the ground again! 

I have upped it to a 15t Pinion its faster but didn't have a chance to do a proper speed run, and again my 7 year old filming it so not much other footage. The motor got rather hot too so need to get some fans it going to carry on with 15t 

Alrighty

- Grasshopper II body and decals are ordered from Nitro-Master (my fave ebay store). The decals will be used to fix up the shelfer body but it'll have 95% of its original decals left to include all the original sponsors.

- MCI Racing decals ordered in high gloss finish. I am going to do the Williams FW14B color scheme on the GHII B)

- Older Airtronics MX-3S synthesized radio ordered. I had one back in the day and loved it. Sold it off 13 years ago along with my brushless Losi Mini-T.  

• Like 1

Went shopping, to an actual shop! Bought a new wing for the TRF102 and some new wheels for the TA07, the correct foam rears and rubber tyres for the outdoor racing this sunday. Its great going to a shop, he even cut some 30mm wheels down to fit the TA07which need 26mm, and gave some setup advice. Also think I will buy a new 17.5T motor and ESC from him, he sells Muchmore and will do a deal on a stock setup which is a bit cheaper than the Maclan combo from Amain. Have started working on my wife for that, birthday in July...

• Like 1

Took the 540 silver can out of the Grasshopper II and put it back in the Wild Willy 2. 

Good lord, I forgot how top-heavy the WW2 is (at least with my mods). It's not very fun to drive other than the super-long wheelies on launch. 

Accidentally plugged in the rotating LED beacon backwards and fried it. Well...at least I'm only out $8 USD. 

Picked up a cheap 120A ESC Hobbywing copy I bought from ebay. Be interesting to see if it picks up the performance of the Grasshopper (DT0)3 any once I replace the TBLE-02S. 

Also ordered a new shell for the DT03 too. Noticed there's a regular Tamiya meet at a track not too far from me. Not racing, just running on the track. Never been to a track before, but it's got me interested because I don't fancy racing. However I also don't want to destroy my nice Grasshopper custom shell, so saw a cheap lexan shell I think will fit.

• Like 1