Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

I got an Alturn high speed race servo for the novafox, mainly because they were cheap for their quoted speed of 0.09s. My futaba brushless race servo is quoted as 0.10s, and they were close to £100 new! 

Anyway, did a vid to show the difference.........🤔

Jesus that's a huge difference in speed for two items that are close on paper. Just goes to show you get what you pay for some times. 

James.

Had a painty day yesterday preparing some shells for this years Tamiya cup at my local club. A full day of decal application today then!

30704604_10155578612026158_3092695384506499072_n.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, InsaneJim69 said:

Jesus that's a huge difference in speed for two items that are close on paper. Just goes to show you get what you pay for some times. 

James.

I need to check the voltage out of the the 1060 esc and the LRP esc, see if they are both 6v, again , both quoted as 6v @ 3A BEC.

Just gave my DT03 another run with the 7.5t motor and melted another deans connector. I think my 120a ESC isn't so "no turn limit" after all. Shame as with the rear tyres glued the chassis handled it no problem running my nimh batteries. Going to sell the 7.5 and get an 8.5 or 10.5 I think. Can't be doing with all these electrical problems. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

I got an Alturn high speed race servo for the novafox, mainly because they were cheap for their quoted speed of 0.09s. My futaba brushless race servo is quoted as 0.10s, and they were close to £100 new! 

Anyway, did a vid to show the difference.........🤔

I’d like a really fast servo one day... one that can keep up with ultra fast direction switches in real stick/wheel time moves.... doubt I’ll find one for under a tenner ;)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Just gave my DT03 another run with the 7.5t motor and melted another deans connector. I think my 120a ESC isn't so "no turn limit" after all. Shame as with the rear tyres glued the chassis handled it no problem running my nimh batteries. Going to sell the 7.5 and get an 8.5 or 10.5 I think. Can't be doing with all these electrical problems. 

What was the ESC you were using.  I have a 7.5t Trackstar motor waiting to go into my m-05 but I need an ESC for it.  Just wondering what ESC you have that has been giving you trouble.

Yesterday I started working on my trail/crawler area on my backyard track.  I'm going to have the infield areas set up like a natural area with rocks and small trees to run my CC-01 on, and the track itself will wind around them.  Lots of rocks, but I ran out and need more.

I also bought these axle extenders to put on my Unimog so I can run 100mm tires instead of 90mm  The extra 10mm ride height really helps clear obstacles better without getting hung up or high centered.  I also think it fills the wheel arches better.

41419373791_a2a4fd0a85_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

26589350867_72c3b48239_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

41461053451_aa49904b9f_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

40567773595_4b95427040_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

27589841878_1c622e3288_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

My one goal this season is to hide the eye sore gigantic green propane tank.  Maybe some shrubs or arborvitae in front on it. 

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, 78Triumph said:

What was the ESC you were using.  I have a 7.5t Trackstar motor waiting to go into my m-05 but I need an ESC for it.  Just wondering what ESC you have that has been giving you trouble.

It's an eBay special. Copy of a hobbywing xerun 120a v2.1. Having read up on the v2.1 it says the turn limit is 8.5 for off-oad and 3.5 for on road. I am running truck wheels on grass so about the most arduous condition. Your M05 should be fine being light, on road and small of wheel

• Like 1

On 8 April 2018 at 6:11 PM, yogi-bear said:

I was hoping this year I'd have more time for projects, sadly thats not quite been the case. I do however want to earn how to use the lathe and I've finally managed to machine my own hotshot rim as my first project. Its a little plain and once I sort out proper clamps for my dividing head, I'll add I'm a little more detail around the rim. Now to do 3 more!

machine-hotshot-wheel-rims-1.jpg

machine-hotshot-wheel-rims-2.jpg

machine-hotshot-wheel-rims-3.jpg

machine-hotshot-wheel-rims-4.jpg

Looks great M8 , 7 more too go . :lol:  ..   

• Like 1

I fixed my sons WT-01 (screw had come out of the steering servo so only a 10 minute job)

Fixed my good ladies WT-01 (front body mounts sheered off after being driven headfirst under a gate that the car went under BUT NOT THE BODY..., so there was a bit of cutting up of parts trees to give reinforcing struts/braces)

Fixed my Thundershot after splitting a front turnbuckle doing multiple end of ends yesterday.

Fitted a steering servo to my Firedragon.

• Like 2

Ordered a Tamiya Mitsubishi evo x .. looking forward to this one. 

6 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

My one goal this season is to hide the eye sore gigantic green propane tank.  Maybe some shrubs or arborvitae in front on it. 

Dude, please, please, PUH...LEASE paint it to look like a submarine!:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

I’d like a really fast servo one day... one that can keep up with ultra fast direction switches in real stick/wheel time moves.... doubt I’ll find one for under a tenner ;)

I got the futaba brushless servo for £40, so not bank breaking! 🖒

• Like 1

Put a brushless combo in my monster beetle with standard gearbox but upgrade drive train ( wonder how long the gearbox will last :o :huh: :D )

20180415_205939.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ronnyhotdog said:

Dude, please, please, PUH...LEASE paint it to look like a submarine!:D

A yellow one?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 78Triumph said:

That turned out great!  Did you make the lower step?  Fuel tank looks awesome too!

Que?

3 minutes ago, Ronnyhotdog said:

Que?

Right below the fuel tank looks like another step to get into the cab.

13 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

I need to check the voltage out of the the 1060 esc and the LRP esc, see if they are both 6v, again , both quoted as 6v @ 3A BEC.

Dumb question time, how do you check the BEC voltage? Is it just using the wire going into the rx from the ESC? (See what I did there, hid a dumb question in a giant thread rather than start a separate one which would draw attention to it...)

9 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

how do you check the BEC voltage?

I was just going to stuff the multimeter into the red and black wires on the servo plug, or the terminals for the old batt in, were you plug the transponder.

21 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

I was just going to stuff the multimeter into the red and black wires on the servo plug, or the terminals for the old batt in, were you plug the transponder.

Sounds ressonable to me, will try that. I suppose all the rx plugs should have the same voltage right?

7 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Sounds ressonable to me, will try that. I suppose all the rx plugs should have the same voltage right?

I think the positive and negative are common, ie all the pos is connected together and all the neg are connected together, so yes, generally 6v , but I think with my mamba max esc , you can alter the volt output. 

• Like 1

Managed to screw up the body post holes in my HPI lancer shell. They're about 5mm to far forward and about 7mm to close together at the back. Never attempt a shell after the night before.... To be fair it's not a great mold (not a patch on the Killer Bodies one) so will use it as practice for all the tips Blista gave in his build thread (Subaru). Never put decals on with soapy water before so that'll be a good experience before I do an Intergrale shell - Tamiya's one, for the marked body post positions! 🤪