Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

That's inspired, the Williams colour scheme really suits the shell. Now you've done the best F1 car (Huge fan of Mansell and the Fw14b) how about a McLaren MP 4/4... Or a 7up 91 Jordan... Or a 79 JPS Lotus.... I can feel a theme coming on!! 

Thanks! I'm a huge Senna fan, hands down my favorite driver. I've done MP4/8's in smaller scale but the color scheme doesn't translate well. The JPS's seem a little bland, but the Renault's of 1980 look nice. A Jim Clark Lotus would look awesome in British Racing Green with a big yellow stripe. 

8 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

That. Looks. Brilliant.

Thanks Cy!

16 minutes ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Looks fantastic @NWarty

Thank you sir! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Man1c M0nk3y said:

Thanks.

Was actually working on the car thinking...

“hmm, I bet this would fit on the shock towers too”

I think I might have a problem 😂

I might have a problem too then. I always thought that it's all very well getting these pretty parts but if they don't stay pretty what is the point. Makes it easier to justify pretty parts ;)

• Haha 1

Came back to work and lots of parts were waiting! My Tamiya HiLux surfboard some OEM Tamiya receiver bags, and my scale bungees.

Now it’s time to paint this surfboard and the second ABS body I have for it - which will he TS-22 green I raced to Hobbytown in Fayetteville NC before close at 7 to get the paint.  The board I will prob paint pink with some paint splatter to keep it 80s style.

Just waiting on Blackfoot spur gear and Frog UV shafts to finish the MIP drivetrain.

1EC0D31D-A89B-48C1-97AA-E914E2B90E57.jpeg

• Like 6

Today I've mostly built the Monster Beetle I got during the Tamico pre Christmas sale.

It doesn't have electrics yet but the rest of the chassis is done.

I've also fitted a set of the @mheald gearbox plates that I was fortunately able to buy from another TC member

P4Lds0BO62-X8bEbilptVQRdZV_s5XuYfF8G1GMO

• Like 5

Half time Liverpool 2 up woot woot!

Ran my super budget £60 SCT with £50 Electrics... gets you this!

Back to the footy!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Not yet tested but I think i just might have worked out an alloy prop shaft upgrade for the Thundershot chassis which uses stock Tamiya Parts.

20180424_195930

Also fitted a new tub to the Thunder Dragon and some other sundry tinkering.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Back to the footy!

That's rapid!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Not yet tested but I think i just might have worked out an alloy prop shaft upgrade for the Thundershot chassis which uses stock Tamiya Parts.

20180424_195930

Hi Cy. Would be interested to find out your final thoughts on this. Love the idea!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Back to the footy!

That is ace! Why can't tamiya do a proper cool truck like that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mman2005 said:

Hi Cy. Would be interested to find out your final thoughts on this. Love the idea!

Shifted my restomod thread to the Builds. I'll be updating for sure.

Finished the body on my BSR M.Rage tonight. Unfortunately, the kit decals are rubbish! Still, a great little car for 65€.

M.Rage

• Like 4

On 22/04/2018 at 9:27 PM, whahooo said:

Today i put 2 Super Stock BZ Motors with 0 Timinig into my more than ugly Wild dagger.

I really need a new Bodyshell, maybe a Clod Buster Lexan Shell if such thin exists??

IMG_20180422_104427056.thumb.jpg.c7ddff609518c72927a8ee5aab305754.jpg

I got one of those chassis' as a part of a trade, I put some ugly wheels on it and made it go for the local kids to play with before giving it to a mate for something in trade. I never liked them apart from when I saw someone did a shortened carbon chassis with a g1 blackfoot shell. Now that I have seen a clod shell on there I might try and pick one up! Parma did a polycarbonate clod shell a while ago, you might have luck trying to source one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

20180424_195930

Nice , would this work on Boomerang & what is the shalft off ?  

& I now hotshot re re fits , But the blue looks better :D. .  Thanks 

5 hours ago, matman said:

Nice , would this work on Boomerang & what is the shalft off ?  

& I now hotshot re re fits , But the blue looks better :D. .  Thanks 

Probably wouldn't fit a Boomer as I believe that has identical architecture to the hot shot. The TT02 shaft is 4mm longer. The Hot Shot alloy shaft I tried first nearly fell out of the Thunder Dragon. Definitely too short. The TT02 is spot on.

On 22/04/2018 at 10:27 AM, whahooo said:

Today i put 2 Super Stock BZ Motors with 0 Timinig into my more than ugly Wild dagger.

I really need a new Bodyshell, maybe a Clod Buster Lexan Shell if such thin exists??

IMG_20180422_104427056.thumb.jpg.c7ddff609518c72927a8ee5aab305754.jpg

I was browsing and saw this from TBG - don’t know if it will be the right size

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-CHEVY-TRUCK-BODY-for-RC10-T-TRAXXAS-SLEDGEHAMMER-USA-1-CLODBUSTER-RC/152862708428?hash=item239753d2cc:g:R-EAAMXQ2UVQ8xf0

• Thanks 1

Cleaned up the wiring for the lights on my FAV,  Contemplating a smaller ESC that can be put under the driver/bonnet. Is heaps of fun with a 3000kV and 120A ESC, But might go back to a stock motor and put a 3S in it when I want a burst of speed.

Charging batteries and trying to consolidate the all the plastic boxes of RC "stuff" into fewer plastic boxes.

5 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Probably wouldn't fit a Boomer as I believe that has identical architecture to the hot shot. The TT02 shaft is 4mm longer. The Hot Shot alloy shaft I tried first nearly fell out of the Thunder Dragon. Definitely too short. The TT02 is spot on.

Ok , Thanks for letting me know . 

Checking on the curing of my first light coat of TS22 and I used Testors spray for the rollbars - a satin/matte white - I really like how the Testors paint flowed out the can - much nicer than the Tamiya paint unfort.  Obv I’m not using Testors for the body.  The Testors seemed to lay down a lot nicer too impressive stuff.  This body will be a Blockhead Motors themed body. I have their decals already.  I might do a checkerboard roof or hood.  If I do the roof I will have to figure out I will deal with the sunroof.

DD0B9AED-C345-458A-8A3C-45164C56FFD5.jpeg

• Like 3

I have gobs of Wild One parts. Time to make a brushless runner :)

That's three full cages, one vintage FAV chassis, multiple sets of front and rear arms and body pieces, two bumpers, tons of metal hardware, complete screw set, two brand new body shells with driver, two sets of decals, newer wheels sans tires. 

Thinking that I'll upgrade to the re-re gearbox with dogbones instead of hexes. Newer re-re shocks.

I need about $70 worth of stuff to make it a roller at about 50% vintage / 50% rere. I have a steering servo and Flysky Rx, will just need a GoolRC combo setup.  

I'm feeling a late 80's theme coming on with three-tone fluorescent colors, Hot pink wheels and an "Oakley Thermo-Nuclear Protection" decal B)

2e03fe61b9c861d7dea05dc40a4741fe.jpg

• Like 2

decided to upgrade my basher Slash a little, sprung for a LCG chassis kit. Should help it out a bit as I mostly run on tarmac now.

Continued some work on my crawler/trail area around my little track.  Planted a few more juniper shrubs and moved some rocks around.

41678067171_84446fe069_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

I'm becoming obsessed with working on it.   It feels good to be outside doing something after a long winter.

• Like 9

Tried to run my reassembled Thunder Dragon at lunchtime but the battery appears to have randomly died. Gutted.

Raining this evening so got stickers on the new shell. Soooooooo happy I ditched the regular decal colours. Love it. 

Tamiya 58073 Thunder Dragon alternative colour scheme. Neon orange with decals in purple/yellow/teal

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Tried to run my reassembled Thunder Dragon at lunchtime but the battery appears to have randomly died. Gutted.

Raining this evening so got stickers on the new shell. Soooooooo happy I ditched the regular decal colours. Love it. 

Tamiya 58073 Thunder Dragon alternative colour scheme. Neon orange with decals in purple/yellow/teal

Nice work mate! I agree, decals look great!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Loving that, Thunder. Great decals and old school 80s vibe - any car painted in Neon Carrot gets my thumbs up 👍  

• Thanks 1

@ALEXKYRIAK @mman2005 Thanks guys. So, so happy with it. Managed to sort the battery by cycling it on the charger. Result!! Still learning what my new charger will do. Unfortunately it's nearly 11pm and I have an awesome looking buggy and a freshly charged battery so all I want to do is go and razz it! Must. Go. To. Bed.