Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, mman2005 said:

Ended up bin diving. Got home from work and my neighbour was having a clear out. Noticed this sat on the top and asked if I could have it. After a quick look I think it's a mighty bull. Are you guys able to confirm? If its not any idea what it is or what shells would fit? Would like to fix up for my lad. Looks like it's hardly been run. 

20180510_203343

Its certainly a WT-01. So any of the WT-01 bodies will fit it. Its a 2WD chassis and the white wheels certainly look like the Mighty Bull.

We have 3 of them, 2 Bush Devil 2's and an ambulance.

Black foot 3 will fit as will the Blackfoot extreme (rare and expensive)

Amorack & Mudblaster 2

Wild Dagger & Double Blaze. 

The above are all the bodies that Tamiya actually supplied on the WT-01 but there will be loads of others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Baddon said:

Its certainly a WT-01. So any of the WT-01 bodies will fit it. Its a 2WD chassis and the white wheels certainly look like the Mighty Bull.

We have 3 of them, 2 Bush Devil 2's and an ambulance.

Black foot 3 will fit as will the Blackfoot extreme (rare and expensive)

Amorack & Mudblaster 2

Wild Dagger & Double Blaze. 

The above are all the bodies that Tamiya actually supplied on the WT-01 but there will be loads of others.

Great! Sounds like I might have a lot of choice in shells and hopefully easy to find and relatively cheap. Do you happen to know where I could find a pdf of instructions please? It looks like it's missing one half of the battery retainer and no idea what parts tree it would come from? It's ok, found pdf for mudblaster 2. Will have a good mooch! Any particular parts prone to breaking or upgrading? Sorry for all of the questions but not a clue about this truck :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Got my Asterion down from the loft and removed the cellophane.

47880_DD5_B015_479_A_A62_C_EA169_E4_E33_

Despite having read through a pdf of the instructions a few times since I bought it, I was overwhelmed by the number of parts sprues. A nice big heavy bag for the motor, screws, etc.

I suppose I did want something more ‘challenging’ to build than a TL01!

I then added all my hop ups to the box (not shown).

I was about to start and looked at the gears. Translucent plastic? Hmm, I know there’s a metal gear hop up but I don’t think I’ve seen it listed as essential. 

One thing I hadn’t picked up on before -  damper oil in the diff.

9_A029_AB8_B6_A9_4_F99_A31_F_A57007_F11_

I think the dark art of diff oil weight is probably beyond me at the moment so will build it stick unless anyone can advise me otherwise! 

• Like 2

Made a terrible mistake that means I can either dismantle my entire build back to the beginning of the build or try one of those screw removal bits and drill my way out of trouble. Guess which one I'm going to try...:D

Also removed the masking from my Bowler body after I had painted the arches, sills, grille and headlight surrounds black.

Was quite pleased with the results given that I think the front end was pushing it for an absolute novice!

A few tiny black spots where my masking let me down but Tamiya Polycarbonate Cleaner came to my rescue (purchased from Tamico ages ago because I knew this day would come).

A couple more spots to go and I’ll be ready to mask the windows ready for colour on the body!

Got some decals added to the Laguna and also painted the gold Tamiya wheels the proper colour. Going to update the build thread today as couldn't fit all the decals, a few need re sized and re printed. :)

Thanks, James.

IMG_20180511_071030.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

made some more progress on the right hand drive conversion on the grand hauler dash

came to do a test fit and need to remove the window screen from the original shell took the screws out and the dahm thing will not come away from the shell

and i don't want to break it so order'd another from tony's tamiya parts ...hopefully it will arrive tomorrow so i can do a mock up and locate the screw brackets so i can glue them back on the dash.

57 minutes ago, JeffSpicoli said:

Thinking about what to build next:

Porsche 934

Frog

Wild Willy

Leaning Porsche or Willy.

Well, you've done the ORV already. Porsche is a pretty simple build.

I'd go with Willy since you can have a lot of fun with the ABS body. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NWarty said:

Well, you've done the ORV already. Porsche is a pretty simple build.

I'd go with Willy since you can have a lot of fun with the ABS body. 

that's what I was thinking and i've got some pretty interesting non army themed ideas for it.  plus i love the driver who doesn't?

• Like 2

Today I vowed never to use PS29 fluorescent pink ever again! I've painted more shells than I care to remember and never have I had a colour look so.........so........well crap! Backing with white helped but it's not brilliant. It didn't cover very evenly at all. This shell is destined for the race track so I'm not too concerned, lucky really as I didn't notice some black over spray on one of the front arches until I'd started painting the pink (hence the odd looking BOSCH logo on the front there) 

All in all an expensive day as I've already bought a new body set to make myself feel better!

32247332_10155633901086158_5634785225910255616_n.jpg

32207770_10155633904201158_7275134623250644992_n.jpg

• Like 6

Just finished the decals on my F103. Photos to be added to the build thread later when the sun comes up!

• Like 1

Switched 2 tble-02s' over to banana plugs to use with brushless motors. Took the brushed system out of my Konghead and set it up with a 17.5 setup. I had a 20T pinion that I put on the motor and tried to mount it but the pinion was too big to fit in the hole in the gearbox! The Konghead doesn't use a 32p pinion:angry: I had to use the stock 18t made of butter pinion for now. I took it to the park down the street and it worked great. I am going to order a 20t pinion still, but it isn't bad with the 18t. I was just testing to see if a 17.5 was going to be enough to move this heavy beast, or if I needed to step up to a 13.5. I think I'll get another 17.5 at this point, with the 20t pinion it will be plenty fast enough for our needs.

There was a 2 year old at the park with his grandma, and he chased to Konghead all over. I would drive it over to check the temp and he would (sort of)talk to me fully out of breath. The second I pulled the trigger he was right back after it.

5 hours ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

Today I vowed never to use PS29 fluorescent pink ever again! I've painted more shells than I care to remember and never have I had a colour look so.........so........well crap! Backing with white helped but it's not brilliant. It didn't cover very evenly at all. This shell is destined for the race track so I'm not too concerned, lucky really as I didn't notice some black over spray on one of the front arches until I'd started painting the pink (hence the odd looking BOSCH logo on the front there) 

All in all an expensive day as I've already bought a new body set to make myself feel better!

love it.

• Like 1

Fitted the final decals to the Laguna. Super fast next day delivery for them too :) very happy indeed.

IMG_20180512_124110.jpg

James.

• Like 12

Finished my Dancing Rider, really happy with how it turned out (thanks to Blista for his decal tips). Just need to get the correct charge balance lead for the Tamiya LiFe battery so I can charge it and run it again... 🙄

DSC_0016.JPG

• Like 2

17 hours ago, i_am_scarecrow said:

It looks pretty cool from the photo's mate😗! But a new body shell always does the soul good!😉

• Like 1

Finished the hotshot I bought off ebay (a new and unused lost interest project),  I got a 2018 perfect guide which turned up at the same time and because the special offer of the metallic avante & hotshot body in the book was only available in japan (which I'm still miffed about🤔) I decided to try and get almost the same effect with translucent red and bright gun metal and I've ended up with candy apple red which in the sun really does look the biz (or as the Americans say really pop's😎) I'm loving it more than the metallic red😙!!  I've also put a 11t super modified in it aswell.

20180512_172159.jpg

20180512_172212.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Painted a new bashable shell in white for my Team Associated Trophy Rat Short Course truck ......... I'll keep the original one for posterity 

Original

dEHoFSu.jpg

New

T2x2P3W.jpg

VwZfvyh.jpg

• Like 6

A better day in the bodyshop today. A chap I race with asked me to paint his new race car shell. Brief was simple-Do what I want just make it stand out. I think Tamiya's PS-53 Lame Flake is a brilliant colour choice, on track when the sun hits it it looks incredible! The choice of shell was also down to me. Originally I had planned to use an HPi Porsche GT1 shell but as it is 200mm it's a little too wide for the TT01 with the narrower 24mm racing wheels and tyres we use so the Civic it was.

Apologies for it not being Tamiya, it is sitting on a TT01 however so I reckon that makes it ok!

32337022_10155636096881158_6402414547356876800_n.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moffman said:

20180512_172159.jpg

20180512_172212.jpg

That looks great to me. I hope that original Hotshot sitting in my garage awaiting a lot of TLC will end up looking something close!

I'd been thinking of that colour choice for another project. I'd been hoping for more of a 'raspberry' colour so might have to re-think. Translucent pink and regular gunmetal, perhaps.

• Like 1

I got a preview of my Willy today that @pa.deakin on instagram made me - So ridiculous! He’s going to have a blue helmet with white stars and 2 red stripes around the bottom. 

55338147-698D-4B9C-AB9B-1904002754E1.jpeg

• Like 2

I fluorine coated the tips of a new hex driver set.

05.12.2018-16.38.png

I swapped out the hop-up steel spur gear for the stock composite spur gear on my Tekno SCT racer.  Steel is nice and durable but the trade-off of added weight and noise isn't worth it to me right now. I race on carpet so the durability isn't an issue.  No pebbles or chunks of hard clay are going to find their way into my drivetrain anytime soon.  I will build up a 2nd diff with thinner oil and the steel spur in case I ever get a wild hair and think to try my hand on the big track (which is clay).

05.12.2018-16.47.png

• Like 2