Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:56 PM, Mark_C said:

Thats right, SC3, it is in the ball connector bag 9405709. If you have any that'd be great!

The spacers I found don't seem to be for the T-F.

The T-F spacers seem to have a longer shouldered part, maybe 5mm ?

The spacers I found have a shouldered part around 2.5 ~ 3mm long.

FW14 F102 project - chassis pretty much restored with replaced missing parts, got new foams ready too but as it'll be a runner gonna try get a bit more life out of the current ones.

Electric's in :)

41755457204_22c7688255_k.jpg

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Matt_G40 said:

FW14 F102 project - chassis pretty much restored with replaced missing parts, got new foams ready too but as it'll be a runner gonna try get a bit more life out of the current ones.

Electric's in :)

41755457204_22c7688255_k.jpg

Looking forward to the end result, the FW14 has to be one of the best looking F1 cars ever.. Red 5 I presume.. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

The spacers I found don't seem to be for the T-F.

The T-F spacers seem to have a longer shouldered part, maybe 5mm ?

The spacers I found have a shouldered part around 2.5 ~ 3mm long.

Thanks for looking, yeah they would need to be a bit longer than that I think.

2 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

Looking forward to the end result, the FW14 has to be one of the best looking F1 cars ever.. Red 5 I presume.. 

Yup it's up there with the Jordan 191. The shell is work in progress at the moment. will be 1992 Nigel Mansell ^_^

Lunchbox & Pumpkin mods with printed bits:

(sorry for blurry pic)

2OG35XOl.jpg

Installed:

tzTyNQol.jpg

CoRZ4zxl.jpg

Not bad for £4 a car.

Also, the servo saver part arrived for the pumpkin, so installed that too.

• Like 1

Added a steel pinion to the motor of my Asterion.

Not a huge contact patch for the grub screw. Is this OK? Should I be using thread lock? The manual doesn’t call for it...

8_EAC93_F9_0699_48_AF_A7_F9_E4_EE2427_AF

@Badcrumble is that pinion on the right way round? I guess if that other black blob in the photo directly above the pinion in the spur them it has to be that wayt round to make contact..... but **** that looks odd.... if so yes use loctite, Cement and V05 super strength hair gel to help the pinion stay put?#

My biggest ever SCT bodyshell (a surface area equivalent to the moon) proceeded to eat a full 150ml can of Fastrax purple paint and still didn't achieve proper coverage.... hence this pink effort after I backed it with white.

RfCJTJA.jpg

nAsqluk.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks @Jason1145. I’ve threadlock on order (not included in the kit and I can’t find the pot I bought ages ago).

The pinion won’t touch the spur the other way round. The standard pinion was slightly thinner but even then, not full contact.

I used the ‘cardboard header method’ to space the pinion from the motor and got a bit more of a contact patch.

560_BB25_D_0_D63_45_AF_A424_147_E79_DB3_

Amazing how much paint that shell has taken! And you do need some bigger wheels!

• Like 1

I love your track @78Triumph - I have a new respect for what it takes to make a berm like that with hand tools! Totally agree about how much fun it is too. And I like your crawler section. 'Goals', as they say!

20 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

the FW14 has to be one of the best looking F1 cars ever.. Red 5 I presume.. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

I spent a wee bit of time painting the wing for my Manta Ray. This time I used a new (to me) paint by alclad called holomatic spectral chrome. It's not worked exactly as I has planned but I still really like the end result. It looks like a silvery grey until the sunlight hits it and then it sparkles in all the colours of the spectrum. 

I think it's gonna look spectacular when it's all decaled up. 

IMG-20180601-WA0002_PerfectlyClear.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Supercoolnothing said:

I spent a wee bit of time painting the wing for my Manta Ray. This time I used a new (to me) paint by alclad called holomatic spectral chrome. It's not worked exactly as I has planned but I still really like the end result. It looks like a silvery grey until the sunlight hits it and then it sparkles in all the colours of the spectrum. 

thats a beautifull colour i really like that and it will suit the manta-ray shell very well

• Like 1

Fitted some road-ish tyres to my lads WT01 chassis. Thanks to @Jason1145 WT01 chassis build thread for the info! £13 and includes wheels, tyres and foams.

20180601_180437

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had a great beach run with these two today, thunder is now running a 9T Turnigy the same as the Blitzer :) 

0vTaBDr.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mman2005 said:

Fitted some road-ish tyres to my lads WT01 chassis. Thanks to @Jason1145 WT01 chassis build thread for the info! £13 and includes wheels, tyres and foams.

20180601_180437

I thought that was my own WT01 with those wheels, hope they deliver to your expectations ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

You gotta chuck a link up for that paint, looks unique!

Edit - is it only for spray paint guns?

2 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

I thought that was my own WT01 with those wheels, hope they deliver to your expectations ;)

Same wheels as my HSP Bronto, they seem to give a great compromise between on road and off road. Work great on the HSP and my twin detonator too.

Ridiculously cheap too.

8 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Thanks @Jason1145. I’ve threadlock on order (not included in the kit and I can’t find the pot I bought ages ago).

The pinion won’t touch the spur the other way round. The standard pinion was slightly thinner but even then, not full contact.

I used the ‘cardboard header method’ to space the pinion from the motor and got a bit more of a contact patch.

Amazing how much paint that shell has taken! And you do need some bigger wheels!

Ahhh so it’s the aftermarket pinion that’s different to the stock one... never heard anyone mention this before so maybe it’s not an issue but like you Id be concerned.

You appear to have installed the silver can motor.... Glad I spotted this mistake for you to correct it at this stage of the build and put in a ‘proper’ (aka mild brushless) motor in there ;)

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

I'm sure they will and cheaper than buying a full set of spiked tyres. Great fit as well!

Fitted some wheels and a Laguna body to the TB02 that arrived today that I won on eBay on Sunday. Can finally display both at the same time now :)

IMG_20180601_212005.jpg

IMG_20180601_212021.jpg

IMG_20180601_212013.jpg

James.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mman2005 said:

20180601_180437

Might I ask what is the overall width of the vehicle with those fitted?

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

You gotta chuck a link up for that paint, looks unique!

Edit - is it only for spray paint guns?

http://alclad2.com/finishes/prismatic-holomatic/alc-205-holomatic-spectral-chrome/

Here you go @Jason1145it's an airbrush paint, you spray it at about 15psi in a few light coats and then back with either black or silver. In that picture I'd backed it with black but next time I'm going to try silver to see what effect it gives. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Ahhh so it’s the aftermarket pinion that’s different to the stock one... never heard anyone mention this before so maybe it’s not an issue but like you Id be concerned.

You appear to have installed the silver can motor.... Glad I spotted this mistake for you to correct it at this stage of the build and put in a ‘proper’ (aka mild brushless) motor in there ;)

15 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Added a steel pinion to the motor of my Asterion.

Not a huge contact patch for the grub screw. Is this OK? Should I be using thread lock? The manual doesn’t call for it...

8_EAC93_F9_0699_48_AF_A7_F9_E4_EE2427_AF

I found an issue with a Schumacher hardened pinion on the novafox, I've ended up machining a few mm off the pinion to get it to fit better.

I'm guessing some are a better fit / width, than others.

• Like 1