Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Technically not what I've done but hopefully what I am going to do today😊! clean and put in my egress, I got this off ebay didn't think particularly it was a bargain ( but looking at what people are asking for them maybe it was a bit of a steal £67🤗) it only had one bid on it so 5 seconds to go I put a bid on it and won😊 long story short he lived near by and put it through my letter box win win! I have the dynatech 02 in it at the moment this 01 need the endbell cleaning but other that that it's pefect Probably put the 02 in my topforce 

20180608_102956.jpg

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Haha and yep, look at the poopy pile in that bowl too :)

Tempted to get one of these for my cruddy ORV bits. Two cars worth...

• Like 1

Yeah go for it, I bought it specifically to do this Striker as I knew it was grimy and well, it’s a cool gimmick too that has actually paid off... I got the cheapest one I could find with decent interior size to get a few bits in at a time. 

Made it to step 10 building my RC10T6.1.  What a beauty this truck is going to be when it's all done.  Fit and finish is excellent so far.  

Took my M-05 VW Golf to the local school where the basketball court has pretty smooth pavement.  My 8 year old daughter helped me film :)  The stock slick tires offer very little traction, the tires break free really easily.  Probably doesn't help I'm running it with a 7.5T motor and Lipo :)  Ordered a set of Tamiya radial tires which I hope grip a little better.  

40873113310_a946aa14f5_b.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 5

Got my old slot car set down from the loft.

5351796_E_66_D5_4_FCE_8741_8_A78_B05_C12

Unfortunately, it seems beyond (my capabilities of) repair. A shame. My lad was quite disappointed. So we built some Lego instead.

2808_E934_FC90_42_F0_8_C99_84_FB3_F92953

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Got my old slot car set down from the loft.

Unfortunately, it seems beyond (my capabilities of) repair. A shame. My lad was quite disappointed. So we built some Lego instead.

I would also be disappointed theres a countach and a 308 on the box and you ended up with a trans am 😁 no but seriously, there isn't much that goes wrong with them, have you tried batteries? Eraser on the track and shoes? 

I have an old tomy afx ghost racer slot set, dusted it off about 6-8 months ago and my daughter (2yo then) was a bit ham fisted with the controller. She might be better now but my boy (14mo) would be the equvilent of Godzilla and be stomping all over the track trying to grab and shake the cars 😆

Its 6:30am, 5 degrees celcius, I,m getting up, making a coffee and going to the beach with some rc's, report back later

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, berman said:

I would also be disappointed theres a countach and a 308 on the box and you ended up with a trans am 😁 no but seriously, there isn't much that goes wrong with them, have you tried batteries? Eraser on the track and shoes? 

The 308 and the Countach were still in the box, with another Trans Am, in bits. The blue box at the top of the picture was a transformer my Grandad made to allow the kit to be plugged into the mains. Only now do I realise the effort he went to to make it look like a pit garage. Wife isn’t keen on it - she looks at it and thinks ‘fire hazard’. Which is why I haven’t gone LiPo 😀.

If the ‘shoes’ are the metal contacts under the car, they look more like my beard than a sharkskin if you know what I mean.

No reaction on one track, thought it might have been the controller so swapped it over but no use.

I’m sure there’s a Scalextric over at my Dad’s. That’s sure to be in better condition than this set. Only a figure 8 though 😔.

Enjoy the beach!

So ... finally got hold of a Corolla on the TA03F-S chassis and finished it off today. Really happy with it and a great addition to the fleet.

20180609_213323.jpg

3 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

The 308 and the Countach were still in the box, with another Trans Am, in bits. The blue box at the top of the picture was a transformer my Grandad made to allow the kit to be plugged into the mains. Only now do I realise the effort he went to to make it look like a pit garage. Wife isn’t keen on it - she looks at it and thinks ‘fire hazard’. Which is why I haven’t gone LiPo 😀.

If the ‘shoes’ are the metal contacts under the car, they look more like my beard than a sharkskin if you know what I mean.

No reaction on one track, thought it might have been the controller so swapped it over but no use.

I’m sure there’s a Scalextric over at my Dad’s. That’s sure to be in better condition than this set. Only a figure 8 though 😔.

Enjoy the beach!

Wow cool Grandad! I hate to knock his work, but have you tried the 4x D cell box before you throw the towel in? Or is just the one track faulty, meaning time trials only? Yeah sorry, shoes on afx, grey beards on scaletrix etc... 😊  

Ok so it was meant to be sunshine, but ended up overcast, and cold... so cold I sat in the car for 5 minutes after with the heater on my hands! 🤗

ziTxQjz.jpg

f9wmNF6.jpg

M7zIFh5.jpg

• Like 10

Added headlights to my Bruiser, going to try and get out and get some photos of it in the sunshine after my wife wakes up and can watch the kids for a few minutes.

4t6fyt.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, berman said:

Wow cool Grandad! I hate to knock his work, but have you tried the 4x D cell box before you throw the towel in? Or is just the one track faulty, meaning time trials only? Yeah sorry, shoes on afx, grey beards on scaletrix etc... 😊  

Ok so it was meant to be sunshine, but ended up overcast, and cold... so cold I sat in the car for 5 minutes after with the heater on my hands! 🤗

f9wmNF6.jpg

Where is that beach ? 

What is that strange looking island called ? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere before on TV.

Shocking phone picture, I got fed up of my RC's been sat on the floor so put some questionable shelving up for some of my cars.:ph34r::lol:

TYzgCG0.jpg

• Like 7

On 5/30/2018 at 6:04 AM, MadInventor said:

I spent over £500 on a DRO for my mill, when the mill was only £500 second hand ;) Worth every penny though. I've been fortunate to have friends in engineering who have donated a lot of stuff to me, so my tooling costs have not been too exorbitant.

I was going to buy secondhand, but ended up buying new, because I trust myself to really know the difference between a good one and a lemon :huh: So I waited until a new one come up on special and got a DRO with it. Very jealous you can cheap tooling its expensive to buy new! At least I am able to buy though my business and get a tax deduction.

When I bought my Pajero, it didn't have the front mount, it had been hacked away and modified. So when I bought a Pajero Body, I made a new one from plastic sheet to get a feel for what I would have to do to get it to mount properly. So today I made a new front body mount for my CC-01 Pajero. 

58132_Mitsubishi_Pajero_-58.jpg

58132_Mitsubishi_Pajero_-58.jpg9

Underneath shot

58132_Mitsubishi_Pajero_-59.jpg

with bullbar in place. This is just taped on at the moment, but it will get countersunk bolts and a bash plate

58132_Mitsubishi_Pajero_-60.jpg

I also added new rear shocks

58132_Mitsubishi_Pajero_-61.jpg

This was more the past week.

I built my M06 Beetle chassis, this will be the chassis for my Delorean build.

Delorean-Scratch-Build-10.jpg

And then played around with the paper version of the Delorean body until I was happy with the fit.

Delorean-Scratch-Build-11.jpg

But before I make any panels, I'll make some long and cross sections to help me get the shape. I've started to do this to my Volvo build.

Volvo-850-BTCC-Estate-build-84.jpg

• Like 6

Found a couple of old lipos that had started to go a bit puffy so I've got to get rid of them. Mrs SCN won't let me hammer a nail into them to "quickly discharge" them so they're currently sitting in the garden in a bucket of salty water. 

• Sad 1

Also yesterday I painted my manta ray shell it's a lovely silvery grey colour until the light hits it and then it goes mental. I've also done the cockpit with a transparent light green to look like armoured glass and the black panel in front of the cockpit is matt black to look like an anti glare panel. 

IMG-20180609-WA0004_PerfectlyClear.jpg

20180609_180539_PerfectlyClear.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, Supercoolnothing said:

Also yesterday I painted my manta ray shell it's a lovely silvery grey colour until the light hits it and then it goes mental. I've also done the cockpit with a transparent light green to look like armoured glass and the black panel in front of the cockpit is matt black to look like an anti glare panel. 

IMG-20180609-WA0004_PerfectlyClear.jpg

20180609_180539_PerfectlyClear.jpg

Loving that colour with the green "glass", what did you use? Tamiya paints? That'd look great on a Dual Ridge shell. 

• Like 2

@Grotty OttyI used alclad holomatic spectral chrome airbrushed in several light coats backed with createx opaque black which is also the anti glare panel colour. I then backed that with a quick blast of ps-5 to seal the createx. The armoured glass is also an alclad colour (called armoured glass funnily enough) applied in several light coats to get the depth of colour. The anti glare panel was done by cutting the over spray film away from the area I wanted matt and giving it a few coats of Tamiya ps-55 matt clear. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Busy weekend so didn't get to clean and put in the dynatech 01 until today! It was really REALLY dirty inside🤔 but hardly used when I removed the jet black dirt! The brushes and rotor were perfect and while I was in the mood I changed the rotor in the 02 for the hop-up rotor😁 the bigwig had the only charged battery in it but it's a bit of a pain to get it out so I just did the lazy thing and stretched the wires over!

20180610_124006.jpg

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Tamiyabigstuff said:

Where is that beach ? 

What is that strange looking island called ? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere before on TV.

Mount Maunganui. Island is called Motuotau island. It is normally in the back of most of my beach pics.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Supercoolnothing said:

@Grotty OttyI used alclad holomatic spectral chrome airbrushed in several light coats backed with createx opaque black which is also the anti glare panel colour. I then backed that with a quick blast of ps-5 to seal the createx. The armoured glass is also an alclad colour (called armoured glass funnily enough) applied in several light coats to get the depth of colour. The anti glare panel was done by cutting the over spray film away from the area I wanted matt and giving it a few coats of Tamiya ps-55 matt clear. 

Sounds easy enough !?!? 🙄

• Haha 3

got my first proper hobby RC car, decided on a wheelie but the local tamiya showroom doesnt have lunchbox/ww2 in stock. (my priorities) 

so I got myself a Porsche Super aka the Tumbling Bull! it is Expert build version and the guy doesnt even have eyeballs painted. lol

questions, i would like to upgrade it, what should i do first?

i have been told bearings first.

2 hours ago, stephwc said:

got my first proper hobby RC car, decided on a wheelie but the local tamiya showroom doesnt have lunchbox/ww2 in stock. (my priorities) 

so I got myself a Porsche Super aka the Tumbling Bull! it is Expert build version and the guy doesnt even have eyeballs painted. lol

questions, i would like to upgrade it, what should i do first?

i have been told bearings first.

Good choice. I found myself bit often thinking about getting one of those. As a Tractor Pulling fan, I would make a couple of changes to it, but in stock fashion I think it does pretty well.

Of the things I have thought about doing to one of these is trying a pair of HPI Mud Thrasher tires for the back and a different set of wheel/tires for the front. I saw one on youtube a couple of months ago that I think looked pretty hot:

8f2NFi2.jpg

Now the owner used a nice pair of fronts, but unfortunately used the orig front ones for the rear. You know it all comes down to different tastes and interests in RC.

The Tumbling Bull looks definitely like a nice vehicle to own. :)

• Like 1