Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

so many projects... 

finally sneak in some time to draft a cockpit parts for my Tamiya GT-R lemans.

Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 7.35.45 PM.png

• Like 5

Discovered a new refeshing drink in this 3 week long heatwave that London is enjoying.... I say heatwave... it's 30 degrees today and hasn't been lower than 26 for 3 weeks but with wall to wall sunshine solid... for 3 weeks now....... most unusual!

cytIo6u.jpg

RC Related I treated my newly painted Striker project to a cooling swim -  after my daughter had her splash around ofcourse.

Efn2FUV.jpg

Tqnz4Du.jpg

They floated quite well apart from the wing

oaEFtui.jpg

eqxZmp4.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

@Wooders28 Really like how much neater the install is with the correct length wire and plugs.. May have to re do mine 👍.. 

2018-06-30_11-16-38

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Discovered a new refeshing drink in this 3 week long heatwave that London is enjoying.... I say heatwave... it's 30 degrees today and hasn't been lower than 26 for 3 weeks but with wall to wall sunshine solid... for 3 weeks now....... most unusual!

cytIo6u.jpg

We get that, but in Lemon-Lime, and add 2 shot glasses of gin to it. Makes for a more refreshing drink.:)

• Haha 3

Found a patch of sand to have a quick spin with the Scorcher after work since a storage charge became a full charge, thought I may as well use it :)

http://EW6mFvn.jpg

http://Dgfj6nW.jpg

http://KW346rM.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Found a patch of sand to have a quick spin with the Scorcher after work since a storage charge became a full charge, thought I may as well use it :)

Looks awesome in its natural habitat 🖒

• Thanks 1

My new HPI 4x4 Wheely King was painfully slow on nimh, both the stock 1800Mah one it came with and my Tornado 3300Mah Nimh packs couldn’t get it to Wheely from a standstill... that’s its main USP!

So out came the stock “Jolt-R” esc with its nimh only capabilities and in went a HobbyWing 1060 Brushed esc That can handle lipo aswell as Nimh by moving a jumper connector between the two.

Much better on 2s lipo.. standing Wheely’s and a slight gain on top end... I might need to put a lower turn motor in one day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, speedy_w_beans said:

Ah, you finally found a use for that McLaren body!

Yep by hook or by crook or by buying a a whole new suitable chassis ;)

• Haha 1

ivbi35.jpg21jd6ab.jpg29axlat.jpgMy buddy from our man cave has bought a Tamiya F104 pro v2 and is selling his F103, since I also have another mate whose interested in this kind of fun, I took it to get it ready, took it all apart, a soapy bath with a tooth brush and all is nice and shiny now. The battery holders were changed to (new ones?). Tomorrow I will swap in a silver can, with 20T/63T 0.6 gearing, since its going to a newbie. We usually run 23T brushed or 17T brushed with 0.4 gearing. 

now the T BAR moves not up and down, but also left and right. I was aware of that after I install it, the main reasen i wanted to swap batter holders was because the on/off swith holder was broken.

waiting for TRG front and rear F103 wheels, will look really nice after the wheels arrive. And ciaooo  to a new and hopefully satisfied Tamiya newbie :)

543EE09C-4CB6-451D-9FBB-FA4A7AFEC51F.jpeg

DABED48B-1591-4918-B38C-D05360CA88EB.jpeg

• Like 3

Bit of late weekend motor/ESC chess. Pulled the 120a ESC and 8.5t motor out of the DT03 as these are now destined for the DB01R. Now I have the DN01 I am afraid to say my affections for the DT03 have shifted a little and it was pretty on the limit with the 8.5. Swapped my new 10.5R MMM 4000kv motor into the Thunder Dragon which also has a 120a ESC which can handle the motor easily, although all punch and timing will be dialled right back! This meant i could put the original 13.5R MMM motor back in the 03 with my spare TBLE02S ESC. It runs lovely on this setup and with the Lipo alarm I have ordered I have the option of everything from a 7.2 nimh for lending to people to running my Lipo pack for a bit of zip.

• Like 2

Over the years I have switched most of my cars steering rods to turnbuckles, leaving me with many stock rods. I had spare 5mm pivot balls and rod ends so I decided to upgrade my FAV from the 2mm z-bars to 3mm rods. Of course I will want to get turnbuckles for it now :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since it is monday, a letter has arrived containing decals from the very great Netherlands.

only bought it for a few stickers I liked, like the German flag ( I am german bit live in Croatia next to the sea :) ) and akrapovic, bosch, OZ stickers for the rims, tag heur etc. Still waiting for tamiya spray paint to finish the body and add some more stickers :D 

14y1s8m.jpgeiwcvt.jpg29c9irm.jpg

Broke the K2.  Quick run to check that everything works... It did, very quickly into a post! 🙄.. So I'd previously shorted a speedo and have now broken a front mount, suspension pin, shock ball end, carbon top plate, bumper and popped a head off a screw today.. I'm thinking this may not be the car for me 😋... Will run in a MUCH larger space next time! 

DSC_0020.JPG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

Broke the K2.  Quick run to check that everything works... It did, very quickly into a post! 🙄.. So I'd previously shorted a speedo and have now broken a front mount, suspension pin, shock ball end, carbon top plate, bumper and popped a head off a screw today.. I'm thinking this may not be the car for me 😋... Will run in a MUCH larger space next time! 

DSC_0020.JPG

Yeah, they do that!

Thankfully a quick fix.....once you have the parts.

20180622_201625.jpg

• Sad 1

@nellyle figured it was a sacrificial part, at least with the replacements ordered I'll have at least one spare of everything in case I do it again! Funnily enough I'd caught the same post yesterday with the Lunchbox and that just bounced off! Wasn't travelling at warp 8 mind.. Says a lot about my driving "skills".. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grotty Otty said:

@nellyle figured it was a sacrificial part, at least with the replacements ordered I'll have at least one spare of everything in case I do it again! Funnily enough I'd caught the same post yesterday with the Lunchbox and that just bounced off! Wasn't travelling at warp 8 mind.. Says a lot about my driving "skills".. 

It does say a lot about your skills. You are consistent :D

• Haha 1

Couldnt wait. Friction damper post and gyro

instaled in less then 10minutes. Works perfect. Cant wait to put the brushless sistem to my F103. Will be a beast :)

14tpvo0.jpg2v8s2s0.jpg2432jwk.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/1/2018 at 5:16 AM, Re-Bugged said:

I was going to put a Scorcher body on a Frog chassis.  I've been thinking about the color scheme and I love what you've done with yours.  If you don't mind, I would like to replicate it on this side of the globe.  

What are the colors?  Tamiya has like 3 different orange colors.  The white part isn't white either, is it?  

My best guess would be TS31 Bright Orange and TS7 Racing White?  

• Thanks 1

So I have given my TA07 some love over the last week or so.  I was lucky because a fellow club member was selling their TA07 with a heap of hop ups so I offered to buy some of them and she agreed.  The key one for me was the aluminium suspension blocks as mine had a bit of play in them from, ahem, *crashes*, ahem, cough cough, some unknown reason.  I had already ordered the carbon centre bracket which stiffened the chassis up nicely, but also got the front and rear carbon ones and an active hobby servo mount as part of the deal.  I wanted the Tamiya one (she had bought both) but due to bad weather and a bit of a mix up (on my part) I got the other one.  Its a nice piece of kit, but you know, Tamiya.

20180627_14050620180627_14051220180627_140526

I also picked up a Bittydesign MC10 for a song as a store was getting rid of old stock.  Its the best looking race shell I have seen although its pretty old now so probably doesn't perform as well as the newer shells.  Anyway, my son choose the colours and after he grabbed the PS3 blue I realised I had seen a lot of new Camaros in those colours (actually, Camaro's would be in that color wouldn't they?) so was pretty happy with his choice, since I was going for the usual PS4.  Ignore the awful masking for the stripes, its a race shell and won't last long.  Every time I paint another shell I always complain about not having an Xacto knife and rather than go and buy one I just use whatever I have laying around.  I bought the Xacto knife the day after painting this shell, so will have one when I need it in 3 months.  It will look good on the track anyway.

20180703_194730

One last thing to add to this car

20180627_140746

But thats for when I have the setup right and can drive the thing properly!  Its got an upgraded sensor board so made 3100kv on the dyno pulling 6amps, not bad for a 21.5T motor and being in the right place at the right time and seeing it being sold brand new for half price as the supplier got the order wrong.

• Like 6

I got a pack of 4mm adjusters, some extra 4mm balls and beefed up the frog steering with 3mm stainless threaded rod. Not that it really needed it, but those little skinny kit rods just offend me 😄 I had to change servo adapters so the rods needed a bit of tweeking for clearance, and finished it off with some red heat shrink for bling. It took a lot of slop out. Waiting on some carbon uprights for a WO and will do the same with that. 

1547B050-FD61-42CF-9D59-B3AD728B04B3.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

So I have given my TA07 some love over the last week or so.  I was lucky because a fellow club member was selling their TA07 with a heap of hop ups so I offered to buy some of them and she agreed.  The key one for me was the aluminium suspension blocks as mine had a bit of play in them from, ahem, *crashes*, ahem, cough cough, some unknown reason.  I had already ordered the carbon centre bracket which stiffened the chassis up nicely, but also got the front and rear carbon ones and an active hobby servo mount as part of the deal.  I wanted the Tamiya one (she had bought both) but due to bad weather and a bit of a mix up (on my part) I got the other one.  Its a nice piece of kit, but you know, Tamiya.

20180627_14050620180627_14051220180627_140526

I also picked up a Bittydesign MC10 for a song as a store was getting rid of old stock.  Its the best looking race shell I have seen although its pretty old now so probably doesn't perform as well as the newer shells.  Anyway, my son choose the colours and after he grabbed the PS3 blue I realised I had seen a lot of new Camaros in those colours (actually, Camaro's would be in that color wouldn't they?) so was pretty happy with his choice, since I was going for the usual PS4.  Ignore the awful masking for the stripes, its a race shell and won't last long.  Every time I paint another shell I always complain about not having an Xacto knife and rather than go and buy one I just use whatever I have laying around.  I bought the Xacto knife the day after painting this shell, so will have one when I need it in 3 months.  It will look good on the track anyway.

20180703_194730

One last thing to add to this car

20180627_140746

But thats for when I have the setup right and can drive the thing properly!  Its got an upgraded sensor board so made 3100kv on the dyno pulling 6amps, not bad for a 21.5T motor and being in the right place at the right time and seeing it being sold brand new for half price as the supplier got the order wrong.

Nice. Love that shell. Totally agree with  you about modern shells looking like a jelly mould. That at least looks like a cool car. Enjoying reading about your exploits with the TA07. 

• Like 1