Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 hours ago, Juggular said:

I was going to put a Scorcher body on a Frog chassis.  I've been thinking about the color scheme and I love what you've done with yours.  If you don't mind, I would like to replicate it on this side of the globe.  

What are the colors?  Tamiya has like 3 different orange colors.  The white part isn't white either, is it?  

My best guess would be TS31 Bright Orange and TS7 Racing White?  

I wouldn't mind at all to be replicated Juggular. 

The story of the paint colours is they aren't Tamiya paints but Automotive paints as that was readily available unlike Tamiya where I live. Originally I chose the red on the Buggy Champ for the Scorcher but changed my mind.

The white is a Nissan White by Dupli-color DSN05.   Its a slightly off white

But the Metallic Orange, well I just picked it from the shops catalogue, (not Dupli-color though), it was the lightest one on the page. I have since thrown that can away as I cut it open as a last ditch attempt at touching up an imperfection so I don't have the code unfortunately for that one. I kept the lid that had it on but just been to check but can't find the label at present. I'll see if I can nip in to where I got it & get the code at some point. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

• Like 1

Whatever color you used, it looks very good to me.  I didn't realize it was metallic orange.  My favorite color used to be blue-gray, like German gray.  But for the past 10 years, it's been orange.  Strange how that changes.  Now that I have your permission, I'll try to duplicate "Re-Bugged" color scheme using Tamiya sprays.  Who knows, it might forever be named as "Re-Bugged" design!  

On 7/2/2018 at 2:49 PM, Fabia130vRS said:

14tpvo0.jpg

Hmmm, how about the isolation around the connectors?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Collin said:

The dont move, they dont touch. It works for now, didnt pay to much attention on it, it is a cheap china esc. Also had a few crashes while driving with these connectors, nothing moved. Only not so much of a eye candy. This month a new chassis arrives, will switch then to brushless and take care of wires.

13 hours ago, Collin said:

Thinking the same thing! 😂

Heat shrink works well, over hang, then trim once it's shrunk.

Whenever I am soldering I forget to put heat shrinks on the wire BEFORE I actually solder the wore to the motor etc... In this case it can be still saves with heat shrinks. But I am not driving at all, waiting for final parts to instal the burshless finally.

but what have I done today? A LOT!

First, if somebody is following,

after I gave an old F103 whose supposed to be sold a quick wash, today tires arrived! And the are wide and they are mean so I addes Michelin stickers on them, would be good if I could manage to get some BBS stickers for the rims:D

idw3v7.jpgbjg45v.jpg

After the F103 was done. I gave some love to my F103/104, finally paint arrived, painted it, drilled a hole for the driver, added decals, and done! Not something spectacular, 671t3q.jpgI am painting a body after 15years. Missed the smell of Tamiya paint. 😀

kapxjo.jpg2l9hxd2.jpg9i6c1w.jpgoe7is.jpg

• Like 5

My original monster beetle glass part came today. As many will know this has a rear window that the re-re's don't get due to cost saving by Tamiya.

Whilst the part is complete with no cracks or splitsthe exposed sections of window were rather hazy with light scratches, here's that elusive rear window. 

8Scmwnhl.jpg

A little effort with some brasso on the other corner side:

g2MPz2Yl.jpg

Looking a whole lot better

sSpWVqvl.jpg

Front screen

hWZRJFLl.jpg

After:

KISenLml.jpg

The body to put this in should turn up in a day or two.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

Rebuilt the K2... Also heard that my Monster Beetle is on its way 😁

DSC_0021.JPG

Let the alloy upgrades begin! 🙄😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Big RC day today.  Finally got the TRX4 running (had to change the battery connector out).  In addition, ran the Fox, Monster Beetle, and Kumamon tractor all with my two oldest kids.  Great time but the Fox may have stripped its gearbox and the Monster Beetle threw its cvd a couple of times.  A bit of maintenance coming my way.

had some fun in the pool with my new cheap wltoys boat.  Will have to modify the steering as it almost none existing. 

On 7/4/2018 at 3:23 AM, Juggular said:

Whatever color you used, it looks very good to me.  I didn't realize it was metallic orange.  My favorite color used to be blue-gray, like German gray.  But for the past 10 years, it's been orange.  Strange how that changes.  Now that I have your permission, I'll try to duplicate "Re-Bugged" color scheme using Tamiya sprays.  Who knows, it might forever be named as "Re-Bugged" design!  

Well Mr Juggular, I'm not sure how I would cope with the dizzy heights of stardom having a colour scheme named after me. Not the sort of Territory I familiar with :lol:

Funny you say about a change in taste as for donkeys years everything had to be Metallic Blue for me, but after having 2 Redhead kids, a Ginger cat, and an Orange Suzuki Swift for a town runaround, Orange has truly ingrained itself in my life.

I've seen a few Scorcher bodies on Frog/Brat Chassis's with the full size Sand Blaster tyres on Brat wheels that look really good. Not seen one with the Frog wheels on though? What would you be going for?

I had a bit of a Eureka moment yesterday realising I'd painted a static truck in a Tamiya spray in the days when I didn't know my PS's from my TS's and the colour is very close the Truck is probably a slighter shade closer to a copper colour than the Scorcher but if you saw them a week apart you'd think they where the same.

Also when I was using the Automotive paint the Metallic's actually dry a matt finish after the 'wet' coat. But when you gently sand with a 1200 wet & dry paper it gives the paint a nice sun beaten/ weathered look. I was tempted to leave it like that but went with the glossy clear coat in the end and came up a nice uniform finish.

I thought if you wanted to put your own spin on it maybe a 3D printed Gummie Bear as Co Driver or peering out the side window, as from memory you also have a taste for? Just an idea ;). Anyway a couple of photos to hopefully help you along. Good Luck.

http://cQRBTN7.jpg

http://hfxrooU.jpg

http://ujtIJus.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I cooked some cow and pig on an open fire,  burned my finger tips picking up a rib bone, and ate way too much. 

Then the the family and I set off fireworks to celebrate the birth of our nation. 

Now,  I'm on the second load of dirty dishes, with 2 more to go.... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mark_C said:

A little effort with some brasso on the other corner side:

Thanks for sharing your technique. I've been around for long, and I haven't heard about using Brasso until now. Worth giving it a try with the old windows. Cheers

30 minutes ago, ncpantherfan71 said:

I cooked some cow and pig on an open fire,  burned my finger tips picking up a rib bone, and ate way too much. 

Then the the family and I set off fireworks to celebrate the birth of our nation. 

Now,  I'm on the second load of dirty dishes, with 2 more to go.... 

I love cooking with fire, usually cow and chicken here though. Do you use an open pit or one of the fancy charcoal grills? Just a weber kettle here, but on sunday did 4 chickens for a group of friends and have some left still. Also marshmellows for the kids, they love it and surprisingly many who come here have never done it before.

No rc for me today, other than checking my rcjaz order multiple times and trying to find TRF419XR for sale, even though I have no intention of buying one (I tell myself but know I'm lying to myself). Did paint my sons (with him, hes 5) treasure chest hes making though, he loves Art Attack so we are making an Art Attack inspired treaure chest

9 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I love cooking with fire, usually cow and chicken here though. Do you use an open pit or one of the fancy charcoal grills? Just a weber kettle here, but on sunday did 4 chickens for a group of friends and have some left still. Also marshmellows for the kids, they love it and surprisingly many who come here have never done it before.

No rc for me today, other than checking my rcjaz order multiple times and trying to find TRF419XR for sale, even though I have no intention of buying one (I tell myself but know I'm lying to myself). Did paint my sons (with him, hes 5) treasure chest hes making though, he loves Art Attack so we are making an Art Attack inspired treaure chest

I have a dual gas and charcoal grill, but I only used the charcoal side yesterday.  I cooked beef shot ribs with a tomato based sauce,  and pork spare ribs, since I am from eastern north Carolina an apple vinegar sauce and a dry rub.  Didn't have time to smoke them like I usually do,  so it was fairly high heat.   After those were done I threw on hamburgers, hot dogs and bratwurst.  It all turned out pretty good.  My 20 year old son baked and iced his first cake yesterday.   It was just a box of cake mix,  but came out pretty good. 

Had a good time and we ate well,  but I am still doing dishes.... 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Funny you say about a change in taste as for donkeys years everything had to be Metallic Blue for me, but after having 2 Redhead kids, a Ginger cat, and an Orange Suzuki Swift for a town runaround, Orange has truly ingrained itself in my life.

This is a great quote :lol:

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

Thanks for sharing your technique. I've been around for long, and I haven't heard about using Brasso until now. Worth giving it a try with the old windows. Cheers

I used a light cotton cloth, just a dab of brasso, worked it in using my finger under the cloth and then just wiped it off, then used just a normal spray furniture polish to clear any residue.

You could also try using a car paint polish.

• Like 1

New shells and wings for my brace of schumachers. Not perfect, but better than the straight black that they were.....

20180705_220948.jpg

• Like 6

Retrieved the decals for my Bowler body from the (outdated) book on F1 circuits that was keeping them flat.

Hoping that a couple of the 'checkerplate' ones will hide the mess I made of the bonnet making bodypost holes! 

If the stars aline, it will get painted the weekend after next ... 

Trying to decide on a body colour for the Hornet that will go with silver/grey stripes and white text. Thinking 

Translucent red / gunmetal backing

Translucent red / silver backing 

Lame flake / black backing

Anodised green / silver backing (?)

Translucent purple / silver backing 

Decisions, decisions.

19 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I thought if you wanted to put your own spin on it maybe a 3D printed Gummie Bear as Co Driver or peering out the side window, as from memory you also have a taste for? Just an idea ;). Anyway a couple of photos to hopefully help you along. Good Luck.  

My goodness, people are too brilliant to remember things like that.  I'm getting forgetful. Once I tried to write something about a metallic marker without giving credit.  I stopped myself when I realized that I learned about it from TC.  Since then, I tried to give credit as a memory-exercise (plus it's nice to give credit where it's due).  

Gummy Bears was my July 4th lunch--even though we had ribs and beef patties in the freezer!  We had an old friend over last weekend, we had a lot of beer and junk food when I was trying to lose weight.  Thanks to Michael Mosley's BBC program, "Eat Fast and Live Longer," the solution to all the life's problems became fasting.  Stubbed toe?  Fast!  Hungry?  Fast!  Too bloated from lots of beer and chips?  I fasted until July 4th and I broke it with bone broth.  And then the mayhem struck.  I massacred some 200 Gummy Bears!  Those things are so cute! (and chewy!)  Our nieces ask for gummy bears when they come over.  But they'd only eat like 10 little bears, not a whole tribe of Gummy Bears!  I thought, "omg, my mid-life crisis is eating Gummy Bears like little girls!!"  (on the other hand, it's cheaper than drugs)  I was relieved when some Youtuber explained that collagen gets depleted when you fast.  Gummies have collagen.  It wasn't some weird gummy bear addiction! (I was worried that I had to go to a rehab for gummy bears. Who'd hoard 5kg of gummy bears? "My purressssious~~")  My wife kindly got me a bottle of collagen pills when she went shopping on the 4th.  She also got me a 15-pound cattle bell too, so the Gummy Bears won't curse me back to the 'permanent-2nd-trimester' look.  Fortunately, I seem to binge on Gummy Bears only after fasting.  Next time, I'll take the collagen pills instead... 

Anyway, thank you for letting me know of the Metallic Orange.  It's only a tiny bit different from your bug, but I prefer the color of your bug.  Maybe I should do the Metallic Orange, and then a thin coat of the regular orange on top.  A Gummy Bear co-driver sounds good, but no, I'll be tempted to bite his 3D head off of him.  (I don't want to lose my teeth)  Besides, if I ever build a driver, I've decided I'll sculpt Vanessa for Lunchbox. (I've never sculpted anything in my life, so I'm only hoping that she will look better than chewed gummy bears)  

p6i7ld0.jpg

[like Monster Beetle, the shell fits ORV well]

53mHubu.jpg

• Like 2

Since @Re-Bugged talked about a Gummy Bear driver, I tried a bust of "Fumina Hoshino" in Pajero.  She's too big for the Beetle, but she could make a good driver for Pajero.  She's from an animation series, "Gundam Build Fighters Try."  I think the title is supposed to be "Tri" as in "three," because there are 3 kids who are main characters.  But then again, my fingers always try to type "bycicle" even though I know "Bicycle's" "bi" means "2" as in "binary."  I try to say "monocle" when I see a "monocycle."  And "re-cycle" has nothing to do with riding.  My wife shortens "espresso" into "espero" like "marshmallow," and I mix up cattlebell and kettlebell.  In either case, I imagine a tiny round jingle bell cats have on their necks.  Why are weights called "dumbbells?"  I've never seen a hexagonal bell.  When I hear "snug," I draw a mental image of a woman with a cup of hot cocoa in bed.  At this age, I still haven't figured out why putting "re" in front of a freezer makes it warmer than a freezer... 

Anyway, I have clear plastic sheets for the windshield, but I'll need some interior.  All the different colors on her like pink, white, yellow are separate plastic pieces like 3D puzzles.  They could shake loose if I don't glue everything together.  Colored parts falling off won't look right on her, I'm afraid.  

j5dy4Cw.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Juggularyou make the simplest things into the best stories. You should have a radio show or something where people can tune into your musings daily.

I had a flatmate (ok, that may not translate, basically a friend and we rented a house together when younger, so whatever you guys call that in your countries) who is still a sugar addict and he would come home with 5kg bags of gummy bears etc whenever those daily deal websites had them, the 5kg bag of gummy bears for $20 type thing. If helived with us (as in, me and my wife) then that bag would last a day once its opened, my wife can finish anything in a day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1