Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Juggular said:

I was trying to lose weight.  Thanks to Michael Mosley's BBC program, "Eat Fast and Live Longer," the solution to all the life's problems became fasting. 

Fasting... A word for Short Term Repetitive Anorexia. :lol: If you want to lose weight, don't starve yourself. What happens when you reach your ideal weight? You start eating again, and the weight comes back. Limit your carbohydrate intake. Carbs are what give you energy. Too many carbs and your body stores it away as fat. By limiting myself to 60 carbs per day, I went from 254lbs to my current weight of 148lbs. For a while, I was dropping almost a pound a day while eating cheeseburgers daily. If you want more info, PM me so as not to derail this thread.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

@Juggularyou make the simplest things into the best stories. You should have a radio show or something where people can tune into your musings daily.

I had a flatmate (ok, that may not translate, basically a friend and we rented a house together when younger, so whatever you guys call that in your countries) who is still a sugar addict and he would come home with 5kg bags of gummy bears etc whenever those daily deal websites had them, the 5kg bag of gummy bears for $20 type thing. If helived with us (as in, me and my wife) then that bag would last a day once its opened, my wife can finish anything in a day.

lol... you know how they'd show "mating rituals" in animal documentaries?  "Flatmate" sounds like er... flat... in mating...  We have apartments, no flats.  (but I started to hear "flats" here and there now)  So my mind thinks of possibilities of what flat mating is like.  But, I'm flattered that you think I can turn things into funny stories... why is that called "flattered?"  Anyway, we say "roommate," but that's wrong because I didn't share a room, we rented a house.  That's probably the only time "mate" is used in U.S.  There used to be "playmate" but Hugh Hefner kinda ruined it. Room-mating? uh.. nope.  Not into dudes.  I asked a girl out in school (I got rejected).  I was going on about her nice legs and green eyes, etc.  My roommate said, "dude, have you noticed that I've got hazel eyes too?"  I looked at him for a second to confirm (this wasn't a love-filled gaze, it was just checking the eye color of another living thing), I told him, "man, why on earth would I care about your eyes?"  Seriously, I lived with him for 3 years, didn't really think about his eye colors until that moment.  

9 hours ago, Kingfisher said:

Fasting... A word for Short Term Repetitive Anorexia. :lol: If you want to lose weight, don't starve yourself. What happens when you reach your ideal weight? You start eating again, and the weight comes back. Limit your carbohydrate intake. Carbs are what give you energy. Too many carbs and your body stores it away as fat. By limiting myself to 60 carbs per day, I went from 254lbs to my current weight of 148lbs. For a while, I was dropping almost a pound a day while eating cheeseburgers daily. If you want more info, PM me so as not to derail this thread.

OMG!  R.E.S.P.E.C.T.!!!  I've lost 22 pounds in 4 months, but man, over 100 pounds?  That's a feat.  

Now, since most TC members are over 30, we should all listen to this.  We are all at risk, and here is a man who knows the solution.  Yep, I agree with you Kingfisher.  I looked at the Gummy Bears yesterday, and to my horror, I realized that these cute things are all made out of evil sugar.  Big mistake!  I'll have pecans and avocado only today, no carb today.  

Thanks to the bears, the weight loss after 2 days of starving was for nothing.  But fasting has other benefits.  Shrinking skin, clearing lymph system, eating up brain plaques and pre-cancerous cells, pumping out human-growth-hormone and testosterone.  But you are right, carb is the enemy, especially the sugar!  By cutting sugary things alone, most people can lose a pound or two a week, because sugar makes you hungry.  I try fat & protein only before fasting to put me in ketosis right before fasting.  But I've got to study what I can eat so I could go full keto diet.  

[Skinny tires I got seem to work with long-armed Konghead... I need 2 more tires...]  

B3HleJm.jpg

• Like 2

Having a day off in lieu of working the weekend. Got a bike ride in then installed the 8.5 brushless in the DB01R. I spent quite some time setting up the ball diffs according to videos on YouTube. Took it out for a run. Handles amazing, but ended up sounded like the slipper was slipping way too much. Couldn't figure it out so home to pull it apart. Did I mention how much I hate ball diffs?

2018-07-06_04-43-24

No idea if it was mullered when I got it or if 5 minutes running killed it (it was pretty tight and much tighter than when I got it), but upshot is it's knackered. I already have a front one way waiting to go in so I'll swap the functional front ball diff to the rear. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 12:31 PM, Juggular said:

OMG!  R.E.S.P.E.C.T.!!!  I've lost 22 pounds in 4 months, but man, over 100 pounds?  That's a feat.  

From XL T-shirts down to Smalls and Mediums. From Sz. 38 pants down to Sz 28-30. There were a couple others who PM'd me with interest after my last post, so I'll type everything up and make a new thread in the Off-topic section. I'm always looking for ways to improve diet and would be curious to hear more about what you're doing as well. It may take me a while to type up, but I'll tag those who were interested to the thread once it's made. Besides, the better our health, the longer we can play with Tamiya's.

Edit: Info posted here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kingfisher said:

From XL T-shirts down to Smalls and Mediums. From Sz. 38 pants down to Sz 28-30. There were a couple others who PM'd me with interest after my last post, so I'll type everything up and make a new thread in the Off-topic section. I'm always looking for ways to improve diet and would be curious to hear more about what you're doing as well. It may take me a while to type up, but I'll tag those who were interested to the thread once it's made. Besides, the better our health, the longer we can play with Tamiya's.

Tag me please, always interested in this stuff and have a bit of experience

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 2:49 PM, Kingfisher said:

There were a couple others who PM'd me with interest after my last post, so I'll type everything up and make a new thread in the Off-topic section.  

oops, I just started a thread in off-topic, specifically asking your input.  

If you start a new thread, I'll change the subject to "please see Kingfisher's thread" or something.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt_G40 said:

Hey, Sorry for slow reply!!

This is the seller, he doesn't state postage to the UK on his listings but I just PM'd him and he was more than happy to help :)

https://www.ebay.com/str/0-01shop-store?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Oh no, I clicked on this link out of curiosity and found a Leyton House F1 bodyset. So I could have a 1:10 version of the Onyx models I have.

And I have been telling myself I have  no need for road cars as I’ll never run them... 

Thing is, is there a PS equivalent to The ‘Miami Blue’ F1 car...?!

Played around with my Parma Fifty Five body and cut it up to fit my Clod

2n0nc5k.jpg

Also got a decent shot of my Tamiya collection. The M-01 is new to me, I got it in a huge lot of old RC stuff. It needs an ESC and receiver in it still, I might see what I've got laying around later today and do a test drive by tonight.

2z685ub.jpg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, jg009 said:

Played around with my Parma Fifty Five body and cut it up to fit my Clod

2n0nc5k.jpg

Also got a decent shot of my Tamiya collection. The M-01 is new to me, I got it in a huge lot of old RC stuff. It needs an ESC and receiver in it still, I might see what I've got laying around later today and do a test drive by tonight.

2z685ub.jpg

The scale in this photo looks crazy! Either that or I have had too much cider :blink: I thought that table top was the floor :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Interesting facts about Clodbuster's

• Clod's increase in size as you get closer to them.
  • When you push the throttle stick on a clod, it doesn't travel forward, It actually pushes the world backwards.
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Interesting facts about Clodbuster's

• Clod's increase in size as you get closer to them.
  • When you push the throttle stick on a clod, it doesn't travel forward, It actually pushes the world backwards.

hahahaha I believe it! When I got mine, I was jumping it inside my house (which didn't go over well with my wife but you know how it goes...) and it was shaking the floors when it landed! It and my Bruiser are built like tanks.

5 minutes ago, jg009 said:

hahahaha I believe it! When I got mine, I was jumping it inside my house (which didn't go over well with my wife but you know how it goes...) and it was shaking the floors when it landed! It and my Bruiser are built like tanks.

I didn't think Clods could jump?, again, I think they just push obstacles down, rather than climbing up them.  including the world, lol

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

I didn't think Clods could jump?, again, I think they just push obstacles down, rather than climbing up them.  including the world, lol

All of this is giving me great inspiration for coming up with a monster truck name for that '55 body!

Clod Norris?

1 minute ago, jg009 said:

All of this is giving me great inspiration for coming up with a monster truck name for that '55 body!

Having had a great time at the Capel Military Vehicles show this weekend I needed a lazy way to clean all the dust off...

• Like 1

Cleaned and ready to put my Technigold in my avante 2011! changed the bearings in it aswell!,  it's got a lot of punch still in it for a 30+ year old motor😊

20180707_144253.jpg

• Like 7

42378350785_7e1a5039b7_b.jpg

After a lot of wet sanding and filling all those mold Iines got the first color coat down on my Sand Scorcher.  TS-26 Pure White for the box art color scheme.  I'm pretty happy with it.  Next will be to start masking for the blue. 

• Like 11

sitting on my desk thinking of which should be my next purchase next month...

1. wild willy 2 (used) - to join the wheelie gang with my tumbling bull

2. cc01 unimog - backyard crawling!

3. fake bruiser - it looks like a bruiser, drives like a bruiser, cost a quarter of a bruiser...

hmm...

Today I got some shiny new carbon in the mail and blue bits.

t8xe1l.jpg

1o0tfn.jpg35k52s9.jpg6sb24g.jpg

Went blue everywhere almost. Going for the detail..

since the fan can not sit on the ESC because F103 layout. I decided to cool the engine instead.

2z7hhjq.jpg2dj7zht.jpg2qu2q8m.jpg

need tomdrill the hole a little bit more and strech the cable up to the esc.

also I am waiting for a red led with futaba connector, will be the red rear light.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2018 at 4:49 AM, Kingfisher said:

Yes, tag me too please! I’m at a crossroads with my life/health at the moment and I have to act. I’m not what you’d call overweight, but I could definelty drop 8-10kg and improve my eating habits. Overall I eat fairly healthy, grow my own veg and don’t eat fast food very often,  but can’t resist crappy carbs and other crap foods, even if it’s homemade it’s still crap! I’m 35, have severe knee arthritis and am soon needing a replacement, 2 hips with arthritis and will be having surgery soon, recovering at the moment from shoulder surgery 5 weeks ago, just got diagnosed with fatty liver, low testosterone, and have bad sleep apnea. To say i feel like an 80 year old is an understatement. I’m sick of feeling tired and crap all the time! Intense exercise is off the cards for the moment but I have got to improve my situation as best as I can! Will be great to have some fellow members on board for motivation! 

WO steering upgrade this arvo. Best 10 mins I’ve spent tinkering yet! It was giving me grief since I built it, now it’s solid, less sloppy and just looks better. No clearance issues with 3mm rods and the alternate servo plate. 

B7CA153E-AAAD-424A-9552-98BE07712879.jpg

• Like 3

Pulled the gearbox apart on the SRB mainly as there were bits of dirt & sand behind the clear covers, also to see how the ball diff was fairing. Turns out all is well in there and no grooves on the ball diff faces. So re-lubed everything polished the metal gearbox covers & wishbones up a bit, reassembled, test drive around the lounge and sweet as a nut. Happy day’s. :)

• Like 2