Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 7/21/2018 at 7:56 PM, 78Triumph said:

Painted the second color on my Sand Scorcher.  I'm happy with it overall, but painting stresses me out.

41747091980_fea7d89e65_b.jpg

Nice color choice. The buggy looks fantastic! :)

• Like 3

Fitted a cheap pre-cut pre-painted race blob bodyshell to my TB-03 for track use in order to preserve the beautiful Arta Garaiya one that it came with for shelf display. 

2018-07-23_06-32-57

The screenprinted decals only have the vaguest sense of alignment with the moulding lines, the wheel arches are trimmed on the large side and the material feels more like PET than polycarbonate, but at less than £7 delivered, I can live with these issues.

The wing supplied with the shell was a tacky plastic drift style thing, so I replaced it with a proper race grade Sweep item, left clear as appears to be the fashion these days.

• Like 5

Some progress on my MP4/6

IMG_0442.jpg

I think I started the build a couple of years ago now :D 
Slowly getting there, aiming to get the body masking done tomorrow.

• Like 5

That takes some serious commitment to pacing oneself! Assuming I don't need to wait for parts, my F1 builds last a day or two at most!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 78Triumph said:

Got the XV-01 muddy!

42880502024_2351fb68c4_b.jpg

That looks great fun, the wing mirror looks like it’s had a brush with a wall too!

what set did you get the Red Bull decals from?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

That takes some serious commitment to pacing oneself! Assuming I don't need to wait for parts, my F1 builds last a day or two at most!

Yeah, not really sure what happened. I think a lack of running opportunities and nervousness on the shell made me postpone it. 

Stll not sure where I’ll ever run it, but I want to see it built now so I can admire it :)

14 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

That looks great fun, the wing mirror looks like it’s had a brush with a wall too!

what set did you get the Red Bull decals from?

thanks man!

got the decals from these guys!

https://mciracing.ca/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After struggling a bit with it at the track I have been on a mission to make the Thunder Dragon handle better. Stuck the original front shock mount back on and shifted the shocks to the third hole as per the manual. Needed to go from soft 501 springs to stiffer DF03 springs! Shock are really laid over which needs lots of support. It gives loads of droop travel and a low ride height which is interesting. Also took a load of rear springs to the park and just ran the car a bit with each. Really soft springs at first which did seem to be good. Then put the medium gold df03 springs back on I had been running and immediately started grip rolling. Still inconclusive on the front end but seems I definitely need to go soft and low on the rear. Was certainly carrying more corner speed.

• Like 2

Made my df02 lipo friendly, now he got his own lipo 3900mAh 2s battery, since he donated the 5000mAh nimh to the m03m.

E2CAC728-F803-4974-9469-7F3353838B37.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/21/2018 at 7:56 PM, 78Triumph said:

Painted the second color on my Sand Scorcher.  I'm happy with it overall, but painting stresses me out.

41747091980_fea7d89e65_b.jpg

I was going to say, that's the same color as @Re-Bugged's bug!  But that's not news, is it?  

Still, Look at the shine!  You did a flawless job, 78Triumph.  I am practically drooling from across the pond.  

• Like 1

Filled, filed and starting preping the Monster Beetle shell. Learning a lot about preping, sanding, priming, re sanding and applying Plasto filler! Wouldn't admit it out loud but I'm enjoying getting the shell just so before painting proper begins. Also figuring out Flickr for pics. 

Found the wheel but I lost on the lawn the last time I ran the Bowler chassis. :D

Next time it runs, it will have the body on it!!! Just decals to do...

• Like 1

Spent the day in hospital yesterday having my tonsils out after months of recurring infections.

Very sore at the minute but once it eases I've got a pile of projects to work on to see me through the next couple of weeks off work.

• Like 4

Went with my buddy whos bought his first rc yesterday from me, a stock F103 silvercan driven, we had some fun and chrashed almost everything. :) 

we went on a concrete playground, with and imagined Monza track. Really nice view we had. And quite some damage, nothing to serious. Swift left the playground with his front bumper somewhere on the track left. And my f103 ended up with a cut in the tire. No pictures of the action, it was almost night.

IMG_0149.PNG

IMG_0150.PNG

IMG_0153.JPG

• Like 2

22 hours ago, pininfarina said:

created my own rally head for tamiya cockpits!

WhatsApp Image 2018-07-24 at 7.47.04 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2018-07-24 at 7.46.53 PM.jpeg

Hope these are going to be for sale.👍

Now, how about you doing authentic car specific rally cockpits...😆

• Like 1

Today I battled through an 87 degree Fahrenheit day in central London, and am crying about tomorrow’s forecast of 96 degrees F!

I ain’t got time to RC when I’m just barely surviving like this :(

(Did receive some nice silver wheels and tyres from @Tamiyabigstuff though thanks pal)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On holiday in Germany' s north at the moment ( 30°C and beach every day 😎) and visited the local hobby shop near Flensburg this afternoon (no such thing as a LHS where I live).  Larger amount of Tamiya stock than I expected  actually. Almost bought a Konghead just for the joy of walking out of the shop with a big box, but settled for some Proline Dirt Works for my King Cab resto (which of course had absolutely nothing to do with the fact my wife was in the shop as well ;))

Proline Dirt Works

By the way, if you are ever near Hamburg ( we drove though on the way up) visit "Miniatur Wunderland"(must be the biggest minature train display on the planet )  - it's amazing! 

• Like 5

Ran a pack through the finally ball-diff-less Baldre. It was ace. Power got to the ground, car drives beautifully and my drivetrain is still in one piece after 20 minutes of hooning. Hurrah for gear diffs.

20180725_135548

Grass was half dead from the heat and was so fun. Fast and loose.

• Like 5

Looking forward to getting back into some RC fun and maxxing some of my buggies and the rally Repsol out on a similar oval here - the grass though in this case is almost non existent, it's mostly red/brown dirt now..

I just have to be wary of doggie mines :lol:

• Haha 2

Insalled a 35T 64Pitch HPI pinion on my F103, swap my tamya m03m to m03, drilled holes on the new body...

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Today I battled through an 87 degree Fahrenheit day in central London, and am crying about tomorrow’s forecast of 96 degrees F!

I ain’t got time to RC when I’m just barely surviving like this :(

(Did receive some nice silver wheels and tyres from @Tamiyabigstuff though thanks pal)

87F is like winter to me. 

42936974714_e11e0c7c24_c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dont know if non Tamiya cars may go here but

some electronics I have laying around filled up the empty spots on a new chassis which arrivd today.

will most likely buy a new servo and servo mounts with servo horn, and battery straps and holders, and try it out before I start to rebuild it.

And a picture of the whole fleet. 

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_0181.JPG

• Like 2