Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

That’s my kind of thinking. I seem to end up with two of everything!

Having just sworn myself off RC purchases for a while (hefty credit card bill made worse by recent CR-01) I received a stock arrival from Modelsport.

It is just a body. But then I’ll need paint, wheels, tyres, electrics...

What body came into stock as you must have a chassis for it already?

I find talking about stuff encourages the purchase and eases the guilt, like finding a fellow smoker outside a venue, it can reassure them they are not alone ;)

(If it makes you feel better I’ll be spending £80ish next week on a Tamiya Lamborghini Gallardo shell - unpainted!!!!!)

2 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

I find talking about stuff encourages the purchase and eases the guilt, like finding a fellow smoker outside a venue, it can reassure them they are not alone ;)

(If it makes you feel better I’ll be spending £80ish next week on a Tamiya Lamborghini Gallardo shell - unpainted!!!!!)

It’s a pick-up so I can do an homage to one of my son’s Hot Wheels.

It will go one a TL01, sure I have one knocking around...

And it will be half the cost of yours (though my be the same after new boots!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

It’s a pick-up so I can do an homage to one of my son’s Hot Wheels.

It will go one a TL01, sure I have one knocking around...

And it will be half the cost of yours (though my be the same after new boots!)

• Like 1

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Popped into TJD Models yesterday as was over that way. 

Such an amazing shop. Managed not to spend anything though.

Nice to see the Avante and Egress kits on the shelf together. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, novicelad said:

Today I cried as I missed out on a £15 clod on shpock!

Good news, it didn't sell!! :D I checked the feedback of the guy who supposedly bought it. 

47 minutes ago, mman2005 said:

Good news, it didn't sell!! :D I checked the feedback of the guy who supposedly bought it. 

So basically looks like seller realised and panicked. Probably supposed to be £150

23 minutes ago, novicelad said:

So basically looks like seller realised and panicked. Probably supposed to be £150

Yeah looks that way

Today I changed the red o-rings to TRF clear o-rings on my SRB shocks as I'd seen the mod on Youtube by Shenlonco to stop them leaking, so far so good. I then proceeded to tidy up the work bench to make room for the next incoming kit. So many to choose from!?!. I did get my nearest hobby shop to put the 40th anniversary Jagermeister Porsche aside for me until I can make the trip up there to pick it up. Thinking of putting my own spin on the paint scheme for that one. I also asked if he knew anything of another run of the Fighting Buggy of which he is still waiting to here back himself on that one. Fingers crossed. And I obviously missed one of the dark nooks in the cupboard from an earlier search for a suitable power supply for the imax charger, as I have now found one that works. A battery is cycling as I type now. :)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Prescient said:

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Popped into TJD Models yesterday as was over that way. 

Such an amazing shop. Managed not to spend anything though.

Nice to see the Avante and Egress kits on the shelf together. 

Welcome back, yeah don’t start collecting again after you just unloaded tons of your kits otherwise I’ll end up buying more off you again!

Hows your RC stuff going now, taking a break? I’m just now starting to tinker with that TT02D Type S Roller I bought a year ago from you and am trying to get it to drive straight first.. I’m blaming the esc for now ;)

44 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Welcome back, yeah don’t start collecting again after you just unloaded tons of your kits otherwise I’ll end up buying more off you again!

Hows your RC stuff going now, taking a break? I’m just now starting to tinker with that TT02D Type S Roller I bought a year ago from you and am trying to get it to drive straight first.. I’m blaming the esc for now ;)

I've got a few boxes of spares to sell still which I need to go through but otherwise I haven't been back into it. 

I hadn't even been on tamico until today and noticed the Wild Willy 2 on special.

I keep telling myself that I'm going to buy and build myself a new super clod buster at some stage so will hold back various spares for that on the off chance I get round to it.

• Like 1

Probably bought some very overpriced Gold low friction TA03 dampers to use for my TA02SW Jägermeister or Valliant Porsche. Also bought a prepainted BMW M3 Jägermeister body from Tamico, to use on my TA01 BMW. Also, done a little work on my TF runner, hopefully I will soon be able to give it a testrun, with brushless 8.5t 2S configuration.  

• Like 1

Following on from last week when I fitted some electrics to this roller TT02 chassis and it seemed to drive funny... steering off centre at random times, not centering after some turns  and generally doing it's own thing steering wise ..... I removed the brushed/nimh motor/esc and put in a brushless combo I've had for a while... 4370kv and 2s lipo bench tests well, hope this will drive straight now with the installed servo (haven't checked that yet - @Prescient do you remember what servo it was?)

Also removed the foam tyres and put some rally ones one for now

gBUsyoY.jpg

Tb4OCnD.jpg

hPnsd1v.jpg

VrUPcMh.jpg

HzD9KTh.jpg

Ready for Take 2

iGC3T3Z.jpg

• Like 6

today ive painted spot light covers ready for the bruiser.

and i found my old JBL surround sound system that i stuck in the loft around 8 years ago when it stopped working so i got it out as i was gonna sell it on e-bay.

but when i connected it up it works woooooooooooooooo so i pulled of the satalight speaker grills and gave them a coat of satin black and cleaned all the cases plus sub of 8 years of loft dust then took the lid of the amp and cleaned that out also and then wired into the tv in my bedroom. i feel sorry for the neighbours at night time :lol: esp the one we hate and dont get on with just gotta get a decent lenth of speaker cable for the rear speakers so they can get put by the headboard.

oh and took a coupe of remote controls  tv and sorround sound to give the board a clean

• Like 3

Changed my mind for the 5th time on how I have my frog front shock conversion(crp towers with scorpion shocks).  I get full shock travel with the lower trailing arm/rod holes but loose that extra stability they provide. At least now I have every possible spacer/bolt/washer combination :)

I need to stop taking it apart and run it...

Took the Clod out yesterday. My 6 year old got bored pretty quick. Can it climb that hill Dad?. No. Is that as fast as it goes?. Yes at the moment.  Still fun though.

• Like 2

Fitted the Emaxx shocks to the bullhead, see if that improves things.

Anyone recommendations for shock oil weight?

2018-08-28_08-03-29

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Fitted the Emaxx shocks to the bullhead, see if that improves things.

Anyone recommendations for shock oil weight?

2018-08-28_08-03-29

I have these on my TNX often wondered if I should put oil in them :lol:

• Haha 1

Painted a new Subaru shell for my TT-02r that is set up as a rally car. Need to figure out how to mount a Neo Scorcher shell underneath to keep all the debris out when running. 

DSC_0010

• Like 4

Finished painting my Sand Scorcher driver and gave him those small pupils so he looks really whacked out on something.

29395062327_8c088d7e08_b.jpg

Installed the new rear strut tower on my RC-10 gold pan project. 

29395062957_904bd88269_b.jpg

It's super hot and humid here so my ambition is low.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I am having a F103 from a friend, I am workin on it from time to time when he agrees to buy something.

Had planned for him a conversion to f104 diff, and rearr motor mount was supposed to be a F103GT mount, now it has  test fitted a RM01/F104 v2 black alu motor mount for big pinions, up to 50 I believe.

also it has the batteryholder with ball joints connecting the rear T plate, thinking on some springs under that shock mount. I will post pics, feel free to comment and take conclusions.

2evaern.jpg11ijom9.jpg5mgx0m.jpgf3cbid.jpgdlql94.jpg

2f0btlh.jpgoi7hav.jpg

also a Carson oil damper is built in now.

I think this will be a interesting f103 as finished. Still work to do, just test fitting.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

I am having a F103 from a friend, I am workin on it from time to time when he agrees to buy something.

Had planned for him a conversion to f104 diff, and rearr motor mount was supposed to be a F103GT mount, now it has  test fitted a RM01/F104 v2 black alu motor mount for big pinions, up to 50 I believe.

also it has the batteryholder with ball joints connecting the rear T plate, thinking on some springs under that shock mount. I will post pics, feel free to comment and take conclusions.

2evaern.jpg11ijom9.jpg5mgx0m.jpgf3cbid.jpgdlql94.jpg

2f0btlh.jpgoi7hav.jpg

also a Carson oil damper is built in now.

I think this will be a interesting f103 as finished. Still work to do, just test fitting.

This so far is goind pretty good.

bearings for the rear shaft arrived and put together for test fittin. Carbon T plate was modified for pinion adjustment. Damper works well, a bit to stiff. Now need to fiuremout some side springs as on the F104 v2. This will be a F103 v2 :)

qx10ld.jpgspveix.jpg24y95xe.jpg

Pretty low, "1" spacer, maybe turn it,up side down or go with spacer "0".2bo2zq.jpg

and my F103 got new bling bling.

14m5smd.jpg

IMG_0344.JPG

• Like 1

On 8/28/2018 at 10:22 AM, Grotty Otty said:

Painted a new Subaru shell for my TT-02r that is set up as a rally car. Need to figure out how to mount a Neo Scorcher shell underneath to keep all the debris out when running. 

DSC_0010

What colour is that? Its stunning!

Actually yesterday but put in a couple of orders in for two bodies, paint for them and wheels, tyres and inserts. Plus a couple of screw packs and straight lexan scissors. 

Having shelled out a lot recently by my standards and having a horrendous build queue I have vowed to stop spending and get on with what I have.

To try and do something different (which doesn't cost anything initially)  I downloaded FreeCAD to have a play with a couple of ideas.

Plan for tonight: get more Asterion built.