Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pretty busy RC day but none of it Tamiya. My sons HB D413 is in good condition except it looks like it was just left in its box after the race meet a few months ago, so its just dirty. One problem is the right rear hub had seized and what a mission to get that apart. It has a pin loctite'd in which took a ridiculous amount of effort to get out. Bearing is knackered so debating whether to use the steel shield ones I jave or order rubber shielded since its a wheel hub. I kmow the right answer but am being lazy...

Also started on the lid thing for the boat. That is fun, having to build it from nothing with balsa.

Finally went to the boat club (I don't have a boat unless you count the toy one I'm making) for $4.50 pints, so a good day all round

• Like 3

It rains everyday so I drove my vw m-05 in my garage and listened to Joy Division   

• Like 7

13 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

It rains everyday so I drove my vw m-05 in my garage and listened to Joy Division   

That would make a good Drift circuit too 👍🏻 And add  some Pirreli type pit girls 😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Another quiet day workwise so a product day for RC.  Finished off the rear hub today.  The bearing was so broken that it didn't come off in one piece but broke apart.  That meant having to the get the inner race thing off the hub which was a nightmare. I have the holes in my hand to prove it where the screwdriver slipped (twice, I'm a slow learner).  I checked my bearings again and I had the right ones, they weren't steel shields afterall.  Once I had it back together I compared to the other side and had to do that one too.  The fronts aren't as bad but will need doing soon.  Luckily I only have 2 rubber shielded bearings left in the right side so they will have to wait until I order more bearings.  My hands will recover and then they'll get more holes.  Broke a pin in one side, it now has a cutdown nail and no one ever needs to know...I really need to the pull the whole car apart and clean the lot, it could do with new screws as well, but you know, hard and stuff.

The boat is getting a lid too.  I've made the bulb bit in the middle so it will be more interesting than a flat lid so that will all get put together over the weekend. That is quite fun being able to do 10mins work on it then leaving it to dry.  Its also really satisfying making stuff from nothing.

Friday afternoon here and I have the best boss in the world (me) when it comes to Friday drinks, they can start anytime after picking my son up from school :-)  Its looking like a pretty relaxed afternoon of doing more on the boat while having a beer.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Finished the Pro-Line body on the Traxxas TRX-4. I love this crawler. Have a stack of rocks I’ll be moving to the backyard this weekend.

3oX4PzD.jpg

• Like 7

On 9/13/2018 at 3:26 AM, Re-Bugged said:

Today I realised Kyosho Drivers don't seem to have necks!?! 

ZkCKC4t.jpg

Now that you mentioned it.... maybe Kyosho models their drivers after bobsleigh pilots.  

though, I'm curious about the location of the steering wheel...

KFyZEgO.jpg

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, tamiya_1971 said:

Finished the Pro-Line body on the Traxxas TRX-4. I love this crawler. Have a stack of rocks I’ll be moving to the backyard this weekend.

3oX4PzD.jpg

This thing will be able to push the rocks into place for you. No need for heavy lifting 👍🏻  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Juggular said:

Now that you mentioned it.... maybe Kyosho models their drivers after bobsleigh pilots.  

though, I'm curious about the location of the steering wheel...

KFyZEgO.jpg

I think I would be more concerned about at foot digging in and the dagger on the side of the boots ending up in the unmentionable’s 😵

• Haha 1

Heard on the Tamiya Junkies FB group today that they are struggling for numbers for the track day at Robin Hood Raceway next weekend. I'm gutted because I REALLY want to run on the track. If anyone in the Midlands is free next Saturday and fancies a relaxed day running on track then get onto the FB group and let them know. Think they only need a couple more to make it sensible. 

Once a nightshift was done and dusted, it would have been a shame not to have taken advantage of a conveniently flood lit Truck Park  for some antics with a Stadium Blitzer with the aid of an old mudflap and broom head for a launchpad. 

Now I have the ability to cycle & peak charge my batteries it has made a noticeable difference to there performance. Well that was until a rear wheel nut worked loose, fell off and the drive pin disappeared into the darkness. The one time I didn't check my nuts :huh:. Still had a great half hour anyway.

But this night time running got me thinking if anybody has built an RC car leaving the Lexan body clear with a neon or something similar glowing though?? It would be great to see.

8yJlDxz.jpg 

j1yVoaV.jpg

9Pt5GO5.jpg

HYr6DFB.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Once a nightshift was done and dusted, it would have been a shame not to have taken advantage of a conveniently flood lit Truck Park  for some antics with a Stadium Blitzer with the aid of an old mudflap and broom head for a launchpad. 

Now I have the ability to cycle & peak charge my batteries it has made a noticeable difference to there performance. Well that was until a rear wheel nut worked loose, fell off and the drive pin disappeared into the darkness. The one time I didn't check my nuts :huh:. Still had a great half hour anyway.

But this night time running got me thinking if anybody has built an RC car leaving the Lexan body clear with a neon or something similar glowing though?? It would be great to see.

8yJlDxz.jpg 

j1yVoaV.jpg

9Pt5GO5.jpg

HYr6DFB.jpg

I have installed led lights in a few of my rc cars. Had a light bar in front on my buggy. But the best would be underglow. It helps a lot at night

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F112996660122

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Placed a few orders for my next project - a 4WS M-03.

Also ordered a Mon-tech M10 LMP bodyshell and F103GT front bumper/body mount for one of my F103s. With my recent fleet expansion I find myself with more F1s than I need, but still no LMP cars, so I'd might as well repurpose one of the F103s for the job.

Also pondered which of my M-03s want to be converted into a FF-02. I have a standard road going M-03, a M-03M built to rally spec and an odd wide track off-road M-03M with a Fiat 500 shell to choose from. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Placed a few orders for my next project - a 4WS M-03.

Also ordered a Mon-tech M10 LMP bodyshell and F103GT front bumper/body mount for one of my F103s. With my recent fleet expansion I find myself with more F1s than I need, but still no LMP cars, so I'd might as well repurpose one of the F103s for the job.

Also pondered which of my M-03s want to be converted into a FF-02. I have a standard road going M-03, a M-03M built to rally spec and an odd wide track off-road M-03M with a Fiat 500 shell to choose from. 

Woah that sounds like you’ve got a lot of projects on the go all of a sudden... can’t wait to see the progression of the F103GT conversion.. do you also need front hex conversion for this to work?

Whst were your favourite new additions to your collection?

That Montech M10 shell is Awesome looking! I meant to buy that for my own F103GT but accidentally clicked on the MF10... gutted isn’t the word lol! Can’t wait to see your finished one it might make me buy one myself.

And the FF02... again looking out for your shell choice and any tips along the way.

Hello everyone,

I just registered to this forum. Been reading it for awhile. I am Mindaugas from Lithuania. I am an architect. My passion is scale modelling (planes and tanks), RC cars, planes (fpv) and I love cycling and do that daily. Tamiya is my favorite brand, I have lots of Tamiya scale and controlled models, paints, accessories, etc. Today I finished this model: TT-02B MS. I bought it because of the beautiful body. This model will not be able to compete in Mod 4wd, so probably will become a shelf queen :)

IMG_20180917_000648.jpg

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, mindauxx said:

Hello everyone,

I just registered to this forum. Been reading it for awhile. I am Mindaugas from Lithuania. I am an architect. My passion is scale modelling (planes and tanks), RC cars, planes (fpv) and I love cycling and do that daily. Tamiya is my favorite brand, I have lots of Tamiya scale and controlled models, paints, accessories, etc. Today I finished this model: TT-02B MS. I bought it because of the beautiful body. This model will not be able to compete in Mod 4wd, so probably will become a shelf queen :)

IMG_20180917_000648.jpg

Looks great and welcome!! :)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Woah that sounds like you’ve got a lot of projects on the go all of a sudden... can’t wait to see the progression of the F103GT conversion.. do you also need front hex conversion for this to work?

The M10 is a 200mm shell, the same width as a stock F103 F1 car, so all I need to do is remove the wings, fit a GT front bumper and body posts, and it should take the Mon-tech shell without further modification.

22 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Whst were your favourite new additions to your collection?

Hard to say really - I haven't had a chance to give all of them a proper run yet.

On the shortlist are the CC-01 Pajero with JunFac suspension, numerous GPM hopups and scale accessories, the 50th Anniversary Edition Tyrrell P34 six wheeled F103 in Jody Scheckter livery or perhaps the F104V2 Black Edition with so many hopups that it is basically a TRF101 in all but name.

• Like 3

Did work a but on my DT01 Fighter buggy RX. I have it over 20years now, and not considering the childhood days, now it is getting real attention and hop ups.

it runs for now a stock mabuchi rs540 with 17T 0.8 pinion. 

Wider all terrain wheels, ball bearings, today it didnget CVA shocks with black DF03 soft springs and ball connectors.

also cut a heatsink in half to fit on the DT01.

I am missing the motor cover, on the pinion side, so did invent one temporary since I will run it later today on dirt.

also a corrless 1/16 digital metal gear servo is installed, did order also a cheap gyro, I really enjoy driving this old thing.

2hds081.jpgesjgwh.jpg2lwaszs.jpg2ugyx61.jpgw2iwep.jpg14w3a0i.jpg303b5hi.jpg

really interested how much run time I will get later afternoon with a LRP 5000mah nimh on this stock mabuchi rs540.

my fighter buggy RX bidy is pretty beaten up, will probably buy this afternoon some epoxy and fibers and harden it up.

29fz4ia.jpg29ktk6v.jpg15qaoht.jpg2gxnwx5.jpgAfternoon run.

The servo is giving me trouble. It died at the end, maybe battery issues but dead now. I blame the 27mhz gear.

• Like 1

With the esc arriving, fitted a SP 5.5T motor etc to the optima mid build (in the kyosho section) and got the body (I've badly painted) fitted 🤔😏

2018-09-17_03-38-40

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wooders28 said:

With the esc arriving, fitted a SP 5.5T motor etc to the optima mid build (in the kyosho section) and got the body (I've badly painted) fitted 🤔😏

Those little crevices in the wing. I struggle with those so badly that I end up wasting half the can of paint trying to get it even in there. Then, when you think you got it, the backing color says "Nope!".

• Haha 1