Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Installed some hopups on my TA05R. Lightweight carbon lower deck, aluminum motor mount, aluminum steering set and servo mounts :D

IMG_2809.JPG

• Like 4

Mostly finished my TA05v2
IMG_0698.jpg

Need to get the hair dryer on a couple of stickers, and decide what to do with the rear wing. I ran out of Camel Yellow, it might have to wait until another project comes around that calls for that colour.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Had a tinker with the M05-ra Suzuki Swift that I got a couple of weeks ago.

The ultimate plan is to turn it into a rally-ish Mini. To that end I set about shortening the wheelbase down to 210mm which just involved moving a few parts around at the rear.

I also mounted up some electrics that I had to hand. Discovered I needed a servo saver, so ordered one up.

It was only after mounting the electrics that I remembered it needs a set of bearings. Hopefully bearings can be fitted without having to disturb the electrics.

To finish off for now I fitted a used Mini shell that I bought cheap, just to see how it looked until I sort out the proper body.

k6ClOrZshwUfCCVDDkZCmw0yjzKrjq8VqQDEXMhw

vMBtSSwie-c_0t6WPUNKX4z7xzvNzOZ5U4hy-3sa

3D429uyDBQYnIuMCl7HNYPAMd0G9FvryEKbk7ur9

ibuiIh1JKaVQ11yBKuGq5Kz08FHTJWnXUSgsNE78

• Like 9

Today I got quite a few things done in terms of RC. I replaced the bearings and shimmed the diff on my mate's F1 car, rebuilt the motor pod on my own F1 car using medium strength blue Loctite as the low strength purple stuff wasn't strong enough to keep it together under race conditions, and came up with an aerial mounting solution for my FF-02 Scirocco.

• Like 3

I spent a little bit of the cash from the recent sale of 2 Tamiya models on a painted ready to wear Sand Scorcher shell. 

My shell is really battered and broken the new one in the cupboard will never get painted was my thinking 👍

• Like 2

Loosely assembled my TRF211 3GL conversion now I have the carbon parts. Gone together ok so once I finish the shell I can see if it runs!

20181009_19553020181009_195501

• Like 6

Long time no see...

I finally did something RC. Laid some paint down. Chrysler JP1. Although it's going on JP12...

Deliberately cryptic message with no picture. Does photobucket work again yet?!

18 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Long time no see...

I finally did something RC. Laid some paint down. Chrysler JP1. Although it's going on JP12...

Deliberately cryptic message with no picture. Does photobucket work again yet?!

Photobucket works, but not for free. Most of us have gone over to Flickr or Imgur instead. 

7 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Loosely assembled my TRF211 3GL conversion now I have the carbon parts. Gone together ok so once I finish the shell I can see if it runs!

20181009_19553020181009_195501

I'm impressed with this project, way to keep the TRF211 relevant on the modern tracks.

Is there enough room for that shorty to be turn sideways?  Most modern buggies (that I've seen anyway) run sideways packs.

15 hours ago, Peter_B said:

Had a tinker with the M05-ra Suzuki Swift that I got a couple of weeks ago.

The ultimate plan is to turn it into a rally-ish Mini. To that end I set about shortening the wheelbase down to 210mm which just involved moving a few parts around at the rear.

I also mounted up some electrics that I had to hand. Discovered I needed a servo saver, so ordered one up.

It was only after mounting the electrics that I remembered it needs a set of bearings. Hopefully bearings can be fitted without having to disturb the electrics.

To finish off for now I fitted a used Mini shell that I bought cheap, just to see how it looked until I sort out the proper body.

k6ClOrZshwUfCCVDDkZCmw0yjzKrjq8VqQDEXMhw

vMBtSSwie-c_0t6WPUNKX4z7xzvNzOZ5U4hy-3sa

3D429uyDBQYnIuMCl7HNYPAMd0G9FvryEKbk7ur9

ibuiIh1JKaVQ11yBKuGq5Kz08FHTJWnXUSgsNE78

I have shortened my M03m Suzuki swift from 225mm to 210mm in order to fit my Fabia chassis.

but honestly a M03m with suzuki body and touring car tires, was a real joy to drive, less wheels spin and better corner handling then 210mm and m chassis wheels

3 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I'm impressed with this project, way to keep the TRF211 relevant on the modern tracks.

Is there enough room for that shorty to be turn sideways?  Most modern buggies (that I've seen anyway) run sideways packs.

Funnily enough a guy on TRF Off road on Facebook suggested exactly that! I had a quick look and if I remove the little rear carbon strap tamiya supply with the 211 the battery will fit sideways, which means I can mount the ESC on the tub. Definitely going this way with it.

• Like 1

"Finished" my Top Force / Schumacher thingymajig today (fitted the hex mount for the front body pin)

The body is temporary, it's on there to run in the garden until I've got the time to do something pretty. Also need to fit new screws im places where they're too long. 

20181010_174442.thumb.jpg.70e57765d9ba6e3764598d189097d22e.jpg

• Like 4

23 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Photobucket works, but not for free. Most of us have gone over to Flickr or Imgur instead. 

Cheers.

Hopefully this works-

20181009_195125

• Like 5

Was up early so I did the final couple of wiring up bits on the TRF211 3GL project and the paint was dry so peeled the masks and fitted the shell. First attempt at flames. Not great, but I like it. Gave it a quick shakedown and everything works so fingers crossed

20181011_09180820181011_091819

• Like 9

I know this guy right, he recently got a Falcon in the mail. In really good nick. He spent a few hours today cleaning, installing bearings, stripping, refurbishing, re-doing the shocks on this car. AND despite all the warnings about plastics this age being brittle, I....er HE managed to shatter a lower front arm in under a minute of test run time.

What a plonker. Oh well, I guess I-He'll have to get some ampro front end bits if he's going to run this car.

• Haha 5

even if they look good, if you persist in running it then add epoxy to the arms and ideally replace the screw pins with e clip shafts!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, taffer said:

even if they look good, if you persist in running it then add epoxy to the arms and ideally replace the screw pins with e clip shafts!

Duly noted, I mean I'll tell him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Swapped diff oil in the front diff of the HB817, ready for a test day at the track on sunday. First time using the new cheap cordless screwdriver and arrowmax driver bits. Both performed flawlessly so I'm very happy. You know that feeling when you buy cheap because it should be ok but you're not sure? I bought the cheapest Ozito (I think its Bunnings own brand) brand cordless screwdriver, it had a 3 year warranty and a Li-ion battery so i figured its worth a shot, and so far so good.

Also picked up a new Futaba R314SB rx, brand new and cheap on facebook marketplace and the seller was one suburb over, result! This means I can run a different cheap Futaba 2 channel rx in the boat which should be reliable but if it floats out to sea then I won't be sad like if I lost one of my sanwa or the expensive Futaba rx. He js also selling some TA03's, I made a good decision and didn't even ask about them...

• Like 1

I bought a Vintage 7.2V charger last night for my Ranger 👍

My Wild One went up for sale 👎

A TC member has agreed to take my battered Sand Scorcher on as project 👍👍👍

• Like 2

Oh boy, looks like I managed to break all of the front suspension arms on my Falcon.

We need a thread for biggest and stupidest stuff ups.

Stupidy stupidy styuuuupidy!

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Pablo68 said:

Oh boy, looks like I managed to break all of the front suspension arms on my Falcon.

We need a thread for biggest and stupidest stuff ups.

Stupidy stupidy styuuuupidy!

Do you have spears ?.