Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, matman said:

Do you have spears ?

It's a gutting feeling breaking something like that, but there's no need to impale yourself over it! 

• Like 1

Installed today two led stripes under my M03 and one led bar with 5 glowing mods on top as for inside the car.

cant wait to give it a try at night.

also fixed uprights and rear exhaust tip fell of on last run.

2nt8aqt.jpg

2cy3ypv.jpg

24d1ncl.jpg

• Like 5

Located a car and a shell in the garage. Then found what appear to be a ‘spare M03 chassis and the front half of an M04. And a CC01 I really ought to take a look at one day.

• Like 4

Day off today, and the weather was awful so got a bit of tinkering done. Visited Nitroflight RC shop in Rotherham for the first time. Lovely fella in there. Had a good chat, and I was staggered at the size of the 1:5 2 stroke race buggy. What a monster! He gave me the battery connectors I needed and I bought some Velcro for body attachment. He didn't have anything else I needed, but a lovely chap. Worth a visit.

This afternoon I stripped and rebuilt the shocks on the TRF211 3GL. They were used when I bought them and in a bit of a sorry state. Mark on one shaft and one rear bent. Had spares from a job lot of TRF stuff i won on ebay, so rebuilt them with TRF X rings, 350cst rear, 400cst front.

20181012_165504

Hopefully get to run this weekend and see if this thing really is a good idea!

• Like 6

This isn't a Tamiya, and I didn't do it today, but over the last several months. I still need to get a winch installed but it is done for the most part.

Started as a TRX Defender, Changed all links to bring it 12.3 wheelbase, installed a full set of front Samix brass, inner fenders from bronco kit, Aluminum bumpers and side rails, Savox 1230sg servo, Hobby Wing 1080, DX6R pro transmitter programmed for independent front and rear diff lockers, proline SR5 body, weathered dirty and flat cleared on the outside (PS55) My Trick RC light kit with light bar, Pit Bull Rock Beast XOR tires, 3s 2200 LIPO strapped to the front. 

I made the wood box on the back out of balsa and bass wood strips and stained with red oak stain.  The sand boards are form RC4WD, and I made the rack out of styrene.  I stole the jack and cans off the Defender body, added a little detail paint and flat cleared it so it didn't look so plastic. 

This is my first attempt at weathering, dirty paint, let me know what you think, good and bad, what I can do better.

Thanks

2018-10-12_01-28-11IMAG0987IMAG0988

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

It's a gutting feeling breaking something like that, but there's no need to impale yourself over it!  << I beg to differ . Hard part to get :lol:   ... 

Well i have spear F parts .... Depends on where the heeelllll you come from to what people say .

I have seen this alot on this site .  

• Haha 2

Prepped the 8th buggy for tomorrow. There is a test and tune day at my club, limited to 16 people. Some guys are going to the world's soon and they are testing and tuning, I'm just going to do some laps. It sounds ridiculous that I'm going now that i write it down, I probably am taking the spot from a proper racer!

Also glued 2 sets of F1 tyres. Now i have glue all over my fingers, but i count that as a win because its just glue and nothing is stuck to the glue

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, matman said:

Well i have spear F parts .... Depends on where the heeelllll you come from to what people say .

I have seen this alot on this site .  

Ha ha ha, got it. No I don't have spares.

Bashed the XV01 at the in-laws. Tagged a block, popped the front arm again.

9-E6-B68-C9-8017-4573-A497-B09-E7375-E59

Would some alloy hop ups help, or do you think I’m better to just drive safer and invest in n part trees? 😀

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, jupitertwo said:

Would some alloy hop ups help, or do you think I’m better to just drive safer and invest in n part trees? 😀

I recently installed the aluminum suspension blocks to keep this from happening.  Did the a-arm pin pull out of the suspension block?  That's what kept happening with mine, plus you end up losing the small pivot balls that fit in them.  The aluminum blocks keep this from happening. 

• Like 1

Not a real test of its new capabilities but my XB TT01E Subaru was trial running its new 3500kv motor and 20t Pinion upgrade on 2s lipo... it’s quicker than the 23t brushed motor it replaced but still a bit slow.

Here it is playing at the park this morning whilst my daughter was off the other side with mom ( both went fearlessly down the 20ft high slide)

• Like 7

Did a few things tinkering with my M-06. Replaced the tble-02 with a Hobbywing 1060, lengthened the wheelbase to 225mm and shimmed the suspension and other slop. Also popped in a 20 year old 19t double motor that I had hardly used. What a difference! Quick, more stable and drift able, just waiting now for a Hpi BMW 2002 body to arrive now as the Pumpkin no longer fits. Definitely one of my favourite chassis. 

DSC_0001

• Like 4

7 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

I don'thave the XV01 but my TA07Pro was transformed with alumnium suspension blocks. The kit parts seemed fime but it needed shimming after every couple of race meets as so much slop developed, this was a com,on complaint with other TA07 drivers too. When I installed the alumnium ones I removed all shims and its been fine ever since.

• Like 1

Spend the morning looking out the window for the parcel delivery van. I re-gleud the nose onto the chassis of my DT-03, And found a massive crack in the gearbox. :( Ordered an new box and hoped it would arrive today, but no luck...

Also had a 6 nephew drive my Big Bear 'replica' (Team Bleugroove Marui Big Bear body, on a HSP Himoto 4WD chassis). Just finished fixing one bend shock. Not too bad, considering I can cause much more damage on occasion. :lol:

• Like 1

Ever since my oldest son replaced his Super Fighter body with a metallic green Sand Viper one my younger son has been going on about a replacement for his. So today I finished his Ninjago themed body. Used liquid mask again and although the result is a bit rough it's better than the Dual Hunter body I did before.

Ninjago DT02Ninjago DT02

Ninjago DT02

• Like 9

9 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

I recently installed the aluminum suspension blocks to keep this from happening.  Did the a-arm pin pull out of the suspension block?  That's what kept happening with mine, plus you end up losing the small pivot balls that fit in them.  The aluminum blocks keep this from happening. 

3 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I don'thave the XV01 but my TA07Pro was transformed with alumnium suspension blocks. The kit parts seemed fime but it needed shimming after every couple of race meets as so much slop developed, this was a com,on complaint with other TA07 drivers too. When I installed the alumnium ones I removed all shims and its been fine ever since.

Yep, that’s exactly what’s happened. Shims and pivot balls lost to the wilds of the garden. Time to go shopping, thanks guys 😀

• Like 1

Started on the Gmade GS02 BOM this evening. Axles and transmission case done  

8-AA52805-7-E8-F-452-D-832-E-672-AA21724

Nice build so far. Individually bagged screws by size is a little time consuming, but does make sure you know what you’re using. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Pablo68 said:

Ha ha ha, got it. No I don't have spares.

Have seen some on Evilbay $$$ .  

I Have f parts :D . 

• Like 1

Had a fantastic day at the track. I did 2 receiver packs/half a bottle of fuel which amounts to about 2 hours runtime. I only wish I had more rx batteries so I could've done more laps but thats about 4 race days worth of track time so can't complain.

My son came for a bit and ran his race car, which lasted about 2 mins. The motor packed up. Luckily I can put a 21.5T in there for him so don't need to buy a new motor, just need to get off my a%$& and solder up the new Trinity Monster Max dor the TA07.

There is going to be another day like this in a couple of weeks, can't wait

• Like 1

With the sun back I had the opportunity to go out and enjoy the RC cars & the company of the RC buddies here. Last Sunday we got a HPI Wheely King freestyle meeting, today we enjoyed old Tamiyas. I meant to take the XC-01 Jeep Wrangler with me today but I could not get it ready on time. Instead, I had LOTS of fun with my Parma-powered Lunchbox... Oh, my eyes sure had a nice time today :D

Here's some pics... Oh, and I am so happy to have the sun and slight warm breeze back here. Winter was awful!

WKs grabbing a lil air last weekend:

d6StZpW.jpg

The Hot Soccer Mom doing her thing...

FXePqET.jpg

And this was today. In the pic you see a Mitsubishi Pajero beside my Lunchbox

FiLx41V.jpg

Gotta love this one :wub:

HuT5ntI.jpg

Hopefully some Hoppers will go out in the sun next weekend. I the meantime I am smiling here ^_^

You all have a fantastic Sunday! :)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, matman said:

Have seen some on Evilbay $$$ .  

I Have f parts :D . 

Yeah, I haven't seen any front susp arms on Evilbay, what spare there are, are pricey, that much is true.

19 hours ago, jupitertwo said:

Maybe you should talk the In-Laws into a 'Cut & Catch' lawn mower too?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Ever since my oldest son replaced his Super Fighter body with a metallic green Sand Viper one my younger son has been going on about a replacement for his. So today I finished his Ninjago themed body. Used liquid mask again and although the result is a bit rough it's better than the Dual Hunter body I did before.

Ninjago DT02Ninjago DT02

Ninjago DT02

You're turning out some great paint jobs @Maelstrom . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Had a fantastic day at the track. I did 2 receiver packs/half a bottle of fuel which amounts to about 2 hours runtime. I only wish I had more rx batteries so I could've done more laps but thats about 4 race days worth of track time so can't complain.

My son came for a bit and ran his race car, which lasted about 2 mins. The motor packed up. Luckily I can put a 21.5T in there for him so don't need to buy a new motor, just need to get off my a%$& and solder up the new Trinity Monster Max dor the TA07.

There is going to be another day like this in a couple of weeks, can't wait

Sounds great. How did the chassis tuning go with the 1/8th scale? Got it dialed in? I am a huge fan of the track days I have been going to. The volume of running you get and the carefree nature of not having to worry about dogs/other people/small children in the area you are running in is just ace. You can really dial in your car, get some advice. I can't imagine the pressure of a race day would bring out the same. I think tracks should do more of these. It's way less intimidating than racing.