Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Originally had the cc01 Amarok on Dirt Grabber copies...

20181019_182745

But tried these more aggressive tyres for size today...

20181019_182821

They will mean more trimming of the body to stop rubbing. Or maybe some plastic over-fenders?

What does TC think?

• Like 6

Bought myself a red Nikko hilux.. finally, it took some time but now i will get one. 

1 hour ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Originally had the cc01 Amarok on Dirt Grabber copies...

20181019_182745

But tried these more aggressive tyres for size today...

20181019_182821

They will mean more trimming of the body to stop rubbing. Or maybe some plastic over-fenders?

What does TC think?

It seems a shame to trim that shell. Are they regular super swampers or XL? What are the wheels? Like the look of them with the metal ring. Had been looking at Pro-line Denalis but they won’t stand out like those.

Having taken the final drive cover off the Javelin, it let in a lot of dirt and debris in through the large hole in the motor mounting plate behind the pinion gear, so cut a gasket to fit in-between the motor and mount out of a servo box. I also changed the 17.5 brushless to a 13.5 while I was there because I had one. All seems well now and the gears stayed clean after a run around the Garden.

Also put the rear gearbox together on the Jagermiester Porsche. 

3pxKFz3.jpg

• Like 6

Took my konghead to the park for a run. 4000kv on 3s, both sets of rear tyres balloon and touch which makes a whirring noise. Bit squirrelly,  but lols were had 😁

• Like 2

Absolutely delighted I just bought a set of mint Super Champ steering rods for my Sand Scorcher.

No more Tamiya spending for a bit now, but very happy with what’s been sold and what’s been bought. 

• Like 2

Stripped down the Super Hotshot that came the other day.

Plastics are all good, apart from the bumper which I was aware of. Gearboxes are in great condition, no signs of wear at all.

Some of the exposed metal parts haven't fared so well. Some rust on the driveshafts, diff out drives, wheel axles and propshaft joints.

Worst was the small metal "transmission protector" that sits at the bottom of the rear gearbox. Both that, and the flange but holding it, are very badly corroded.

Had a brilliant day running at Robin Hood Raceway with Tamiya Junkies FB lads. 

2018-10-20_06-27-38

I love these track days. Finally found a surface with enough grip to get the TRF211 3GL working and it was mega. 

2018-10-20_06-25-26

Next one is 17th November. Get on the FB group and get involved. You just need BRCA membership for insurance.

• Like 9

Decided I should do something with the boxes of parts ready for forthcoming projects as it was getting a bit silly. So I bought a peg board for my RC room. 

48B031C8-D26F-4082-BF0F-D8355ECF1369.thumb.jpeg.16bc5b1551c7d7e53dedcb4e757fb145.jpegE4E0A78D-F080-4A2D-8620-43122A7B3960.thumb.jpeg.e380110fad9ebfbe75a31d8a25361c8b.jpeg

• Like 10

That's more Tamiya stock than you see in most hobby shops these days!

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

That's more Tamiya stock than you see in most hobby shops these days!

Yeah cause I bought it all :D

• Haha 2

Stayed up all night to build Alfa Romeo chassis.  

I got M06 because it was RWD. I didn't realize that the chassis is rather nice to look at. 

6jzu0Fd.jpg

q33uOq7.jpg

IJKTz3X.jpg

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, Juggular said:

Stayed up all night to build Alfa Romeo chassis.  

I got M06 because it was RWD. I didn't realize that the chassis is rather nice to look at. 

6jzu0Fd.jpg

q33uOq7.jpg

IJKTz3X.jpg

The shocks look cool. What kind of setupmdid younuse for them? I have in my M03, rear V rebound 4hole and medium soft springs, front 3 hole rebound and medium hard spring. Looking to get some rear sway bars for my m03. Also I still have the same tires as you now, and they are not good even after 4 runs later and changing rear to front etc... cant wait to get some super slicks.

• Like 1

I am also using 4-hole V-rebound thing for front and back.  I'm using it because it's got the biggest holes.  Since oil does not get compressed, I'm doubtful that V-shaped holes work like "one way soft, one way hard." 

But the shocks are nice.  Pistons had to be drilled a bit to fit the shafts.  I didn't use urethane sponges inside the cap, because they made the shocks almost hydro-lock, but nothing major.  The supplies springs were all too stiff, so I'm using the M06 springs.  The front is perfect, rear is bouncy if I drop it at 7cm height.  But since M06 isn't going to be jumping like a buggy, maybe it's okay.  

[EDIT: after running on the hardwood floor, I discovered that even 4 holes are too stiff for the feather-light front of M06.  Because they are light, I didn't even put the sponge in the front tires.  I'll have to either use lighter oil or enlarge holes. The rear wasn't as bouncy as I expected]  

In all, for $25, this was a very good find.  Thank you!  

d15lTst.jpg

Took advantage of a late warm sunny day in London to get another bodyshell painted..... but I'm starting to fall out of love with 150ml Core RC paints, I'm noticing the coverage is not nearly as good as Tamiya PS paints.... I thought it was better getting these bigger 150ml cans of Core rather than the 100ml Tamiya cans but now I'm not so sure...... a weak Green and weak white backing have just about done a good job on this shell but next time I'll buy Tamiya paints again.

Anyhows, the shell is a HPI Pagani Zonda F, gorgeous curves and details agan from HPI, I didn't go box art as I don;t have time/skill for the decals required on this particular lower half of the shell but went with what I could do.

Again I used Core RC clear sparkle paint first so in the sun shine it really sparkles... and my one can has now done 2 shells (La Ferrari) and i still have enough for 1 more, good stuff that.

Shell cut out and mounted onto my TB03 with IFS

fEb9BjX.jpg

There is a separate rear bumper and spoiler that needs painting and sticking in place after, going for a green colour with black bumper

69er0o0.jpg

Masking off a different design

yBFxA17.jpg

HwZkSXJ.jpg

2 coats of Sparkle later and it's looking good.

9TDDilp.jpg

ReCeyfV.jpg

Lots of coats later and the shell and accessories are done, just leaves the black bonnet to do

zsxJ9uB.jpg

B8tkKe9.jpg

7MZ6e2X.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaand mounted indoors, took me ages doing the decals as it was.... respect to anyone who does a box art one

DEGqIcc.jpg

9x0FUhb.jpg

C4Pauh2.jpg

hLWmjV2.jpg

T5tsm91.jpg

Off now to update this in my super car thread

• Like 13

15 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Had a brilliant day running at Robin Hood Raceway with Tamiya Junkies FB lads. 

2018-10-20_06-27-38

I love these track days. Finally found a surface with enough grip to get the TRF211 3GL working and it was mega. 

2018-10-20_06-25-26

Next one is 17th November. Get on the FB group and get involved. You just need BRCA membership for insurance.

This looks amazing. What a track! I've requested an invite to join FB group and sent a pm. :)

• Thanks 1

Did the Rock Socker shell. Turned out OK, not perfect but I like the contrast of the black, red and white. The roll bar stickers were hideous so I may remove those and paint it red. Much prefer the pre cut stickers like the Impreza, these were much stiffer and less forgiving! 

DSC_0009

• Like 8

Took all of the recently disassembled Super Hotshot plastic parts to my parents and put them through their dishwasher :)

It all came out quite well.

Now I need to figure out what to do with the rusty driveshafts :wacko:

30 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

Took all of the recently disassembled Super Hotshot plastic parts to my parents and put them through their dishwasher :)

It all came out quite well.

Now I need to figure out what to do with the rusty driveshafts :wacko:

Back in the dishwasher on the hottest wash. :):)

Cleaned up 3 of my buggies that got a thrashing in the garden yesterday. 

The Cougar on 3S and 5400KV is faaaaar too fast and uncontrollable, but ultimately fun!

The Manta Ray Top Force build is a solid performer, not the quickest, but easy to drive. 

Had my nephew over with his re re manta ray and my son with his re re monster beetle. First time all 3 of us have run together.20181021_192532.thumb.jpg.4954019fbe0459324306d48b446c076d.jpg

• Like 6

Mark has cone through with a tonne of photos from the track day yesterday. Just to point out I am about the only one who runs any race buggies, and there are no races, just running around the track. Here's some of my other buggies and some of the others running. Yes, that is a Scorcher and an XR311!

Tamiya Junkies Robin Hood Raceway meet 20th octoberTamiya Junkies Robin Hood Raceway meet 20th octoberTamiya Junkies Robin Hood Raceway meet 20th octoberTamiya Junkies Robin Hood Raceway meet 20th octoberTamiya Junkies Robin Hood Raceway meet 20th octoberTamiya Junkies Robin Hood Raceway meet 20th octoberTamiya Junkies Robin Hood Raceway meet 20th october

Tamiya Junkies Robin Hood Raceway meet 20th october

• Like 9

Put the original wheels back on my WW2 and gave Willy a new bodyshell.

A little early but it’s my Halloween competition entry...the WR-02CP Comical Pumpkin 

BE3860B7-CB1A-4FDC-975E-A24E16AC9C90.jpg

63288E44-F3A2-44B0-AFFE-135FF6438085.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Fixed my TA05 IFS, I was waiting for its C hub over three weeks. Finally complete, in the meantime a friend on my recommendation bought a LRP S10 Blast TC with the MB C Klasse body, RTR, with a LRP Vector 10.5T and Hobby king sensored esc and a zippy 2s hardcase of 5700mah for 100€.

max speed on track was 57kmh. My TA05 did 65kmh.

A exhaust tip appeard also on my Vemac for fun. :)

my friend also after a bunch of crashes broke his rear right upright. Also I did use my MST realistic touring car tires on wet track as they provide more grip on wet surfaces. 

2jfjdaw.jpg501lyq.jpgw0pdw9.jpg

• Like 5