Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Another absolute belter with tamiya junkies track day. Still running outside in November! 

20181117_15235820181117_160624

Finally gave up my minded quest to get the thunder Dragon to handle on 2" wheels. Nicked the astro tyres off the DB01 and put them on these spare 2.2 wheels. Low and behold entirely acceptable handling! 🙄 Ran 2 while packs through it. An absolute joy to run it so much and have it handling nicely. 

• Like 11

Finished the Rock Socker, but not until after a Bosch IXO electric screwdriver was delivered for the wheels... 80 screws?! Was ten each side really necessary?! Beadlock are now not my favourite thing ever... 😋

Got a 17.5 brushless in it at the moment with open diffs. Going to go for a much higher turn and lock them for a bit of crawling I think. Happily I was able to download a crawling profile for the Reventon Speedo in it from the Speed Passion app. 

DSC_0003

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

Finished the Rock Socker, but not until after a Bosch IXO electric screwdriver was delivered for the wheels... 80 screws?! Was ten each side really necessary?! Beadlock are now not my favourite thing ever... 😋

Got a 17.5 brushless in it at the moment with open diffs. Going to go for a much higher turn and lock them for a bit of crawling I think. Happily I was able to download a crawling profile for the Reventon Speedo in it from the Speed Passion app. 

DSC_0003

Looks smart! Was wondering what screwdriver you were going to use. I was very nervous about using my old IXO, it is either off or running at full pelt!

Did you leave the wheels unpainted or spray them black? I haven’t even opened the box on mine yet. I was going to assemble the wheels and tyres until I realised that I hadn’t got the correct paint. I was thinking that this could be my first box art kit but I’ll be waiting for ages until I get that paint...

1 hour ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Another absolute belter with tamiya junkies track day. Still running outside in November! 

20181117_152358

Danger.... want list expansion incoming!

• Haha 3

Mounted the Hyundai i20 on a used TA01 chassis... I had to nick some rear body post from a TT01 I think,  to get the holes in the roof and not in the rear window as there is a rear spoiler to be mounted there.

Did I say I hate masking?

rHuHQku.jpg

2B6Hwzc.jpg

SCTeVjI.jpg

Ready for the black bits

hiPBn4W.jpg

jJIDmtb.jpg

Ready for the red bits (No Box Art here)

wcRSEyo.jpg

ZubD8eP.jpg

And here she stands tonight...... darned it looks good... but my masking let the red paint into the shell and I have a couple of leaks..... any tips to remove these little bits in the last two photos?

y4Eua0k.jpg

vM4Jkf6.jpg

IVz9edZ.jpg

WS1ZpAL.jpg

M1Rk0Oa.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

Did you leave the wheels unpainted or spray them black?

Just left them as is, with all the screws I'd have no doubt chipped the paint plus I like the black wheel look. The IXO was fine, bought the torque adapter for it and ran it with that on. Must be about 1nm on its small screw setting. I'd agree that it's not exactly speed variable! 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

And here she stands tonight...... darned it looks good... but my masking let the red paint into the shell and I have a couple of leaks..... any tips to remove these little bits in the last two photos?

If you do a Tamico order some time, add in a bottle of Tamiya Polycarbonate Paint remover -

Tamiya Polycarbonate Body Cleaner 40ml 87118

I haven't found a UK seller. Someone else might know of one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I bought mine from Japan via eBay. Good stuff - will make short work of those overspray patches.

If you don't want to wait, attacking them with a fine scouring pad could also work, just be gentle so as not to harm the lexan beneath.

• Thanks 1

Finished my Madcap restore.

Changed the body, Wing, shocks, wheels and tires.

From-

as i got it 2

To this

finished sidefinished frontfinished back

Those with a really keen eye may notice the tires are not shinny all the way round the side ( I left he main writing on them clean so as I have the option of white lettering them when my fine tipped paint pen finally arrives)

• Like 11

Packed up my Black Edition Lunchbox and booked the courier ready to send it on to the new owner tomorrow.

Happy with my remaining  6 Tamiya and I’m looking forward to finding sometime to tinker with them and enjoy them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Drove the rising fighter for a bit. Fun little car. No fuss or drama, just drive till the wheels fall off! :)

Also finally had some time and resources to assemble some of the Marui Samurai. More on that in the Marui section. ^_^

42 minutes ago, 78Triumph said:

Started making some windows for my scale garage project I started.

32073888398_dce63b7bcd_b.jpg

That got me curious... are you building a miniature shed on your track?  

8 hours ago, Juggular said:

That got me curious... are you building a miniature shed on your track?  

These are for a scale garage I'm making, but it won't be outside.  I plan on keeping it in my real garage and use it for photographing some of my cars as a background.  I do plan on making a few buildings for my track though :)

• Like 1

Mostly today I had a fairly tough day at work, but then I saw all the photo s from the track day on Saturday and that made me smile. Thunder Dragon! Ho! 

My Thunder Dragon

• Like 6

LB on it’s way to a TC member.

Just a few spares to sell off and we have a manageable hobby again 💥

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evssv69 said:

I have jus fitted the edging to me shellB)

20181119_20474220181119_20472020181119_20520520181119_203219

ok what is that edging you used?   I really like it!

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132682506949

Or

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132682509108

Thks;)...They do a few colorsB)..and sizes. This is small...9.5mmx6mm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Mostly today I had a fairly tough day at work, but then I saw all the photo s from the track day on Saturday and that made me smile. Thunder Dragon! Ho! 

My Thunder Dragon

was working on mine last night

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

i think the mane for it is called welting(automotive).

the place i used to work at converted vehicles for disabled use and we used that stuff on the ramps and around the lock straps for the wheel chairs.

• Like 1

Replaced stock bearings of my FF03 Pro and FF01 with rubber sealed bearings.

P1140753.JPG

P1140755.JPG

P1140756.JPG

P1140757.JPG

• Like 2

On 11/17/2018 at 11:44 AM, ThunderDragonCy said:

20181117_152358

This looks like a photo from one of those Tamiya Guide Books I used to drool over!

• Haha 1