Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

If there was a Top Force I'd be all over it. Have the Futaba 6K and 6L on my watchlist. I've been thinking about how I can juggle more in the fleet so if I can get another stick transmitter for the price of a receiver then all good! 

There's a chance one might turn up, since every hobby shop seemed to have at least one on the shelf, and they are slowly adding more auctions.  I've been considering a Top Force as well.  Seems like the best bang for your buck buggy at the moment.  I keep telling myself to get a crawler first, but that was two or three other cars ago.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blista said:

There's a chance one might turn up, since every hobby shop seemed to have at least one on the shelf, and they are slowly adding more auctions.  I've been considering a Top Force as well.  Seems like the best bang for your buck buggy at the moment.  I keep telling myself to get a crawler first, but that was two or three other cars ago.

I know of a few at shops with them in stock which is why I'm not frantically looking for one, but it would also be a tough ask even at a bargain price as my wife likes the hobby, but not the collecting. I'm on the committee of my club so should suggest a vintage class and then I can add a Top Force and Super Astute...

I will keep an eye on those auctions, interested in some decent servos if they turn up as well

• Like 1

Today I mashed wires to the new 55T motor for my High-Lift and I say mashed because my soldering iron tip is dead and I literally had to mash the wire/solder/terminal to get it to hold. I'll fix that up when I get a new tip, it looks like a 5yo did it at the moment.

Anyway, 55T is much closer to my requirements than the 35T was although in 1st gear it's still fast enough to do serious damage to itself or anything it hits. But I'm satisfied with the speed of 2nd gear which is what I was aiming for because that's where the stick rests and the gear I'll use the most. 3rd is now a really good gear for trying to find traction so altogether a very good decision to get the 55.

Still not painted...

2 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

...if I can get another stick transmitter for the price of a receiver then all good!

I once purchased a Tx on heavy discount just for the receiver, pistol is still in the box some 10 years later.

8 minutes ago, djmcnz said:

Today I mashed wires to the new 55T motor for my High-Lift and I say mashed because my soldering iron tip is dead and I literally had to mash the wire/solder/terminal to get it to hold. I'll fix that up when I get a new tip, it looks like a 5yo did it at the moment.

Anyway, 55T is much closer to my requirements than the 35T was although in 1st gear it's still fast enough to do serious damage to itself or anything it hits. But I'm satisfied with the speed of 2nd gear which is what I was aiming for because that's where the stick rests and the gear I'll use the most. 3rd is now a really good gear for trying to find traction so altogether a very good decision to get the 55.

Still not painted...

I once purchased a Tx on heavy discount just for the receiver, pistol is still in the box some 10 years later.

Funny you say that, I have 2 wires on my new motor that look like a 5yo did it. Turns out you shouldn't leave a soldering iron on for 24hours...

What pistol tx? A 2.4ghz Futaba by any chance? That would help with my local kid loaner buggies

3 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

What pistol tx? A 2.4ghz Futaba by any chance? That would help with my local kid loaner buggies

IIRC it's a LRP branded Sanwa/Airtronics FHSS Tx so I suspect it is Futaba compatible. I can't get back to you immediately but send me a PM and tell me the story about the loaner buggies.

I filled the space in the M-05 chassis front "bumper" with fishing weights in an effort to try to get some more traction.

45369309704_2ea842f35e_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

It wound up making the car really push in the corners and I hated it so I removed them. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 78Triumph said:

I filled the space in the M-05 chassis front "bumper" with fishing weights in an effort to try to get some more traction.

45369309704_2ea842f35e_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

It wound up making the car really push in the corners and I hated it so I removed them. 

Shouldnt the front have enought weight, the rear is the one that makes the car understeer? Dont know, I am about to start my M05ver2 tonight when my kid fals asleep, I believe he M05ver is more balanced then my M03, on my m03 I added in the rear about  55gr of weight, havent tried it yet, had before 25gr weight, if the 55 is to much I will stick at 35, as 25 in the rear wa lmoat ideal to me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Shouldnt the front have enought weight, the rear is the one that makes the car understeer? Dont know, I am about to start my M05ver2 tonight when my kid fals asleep, I believe he M05ver is more balanced then my M03, on my m03 I added in the rear about  55gr of weight, havent tried it yet, had before 25gr weight, if the 55 is to much I will stick at 35, as 25 in the rear wa lmoat ideal to me.

I was attempting to get rid of wheel spin and get a little more grip.  I might try the rear with weight and see what that does too.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

I was attempting to get rid of wheel spin and get a little more grip.  I might try the rear with weight and see what that does too.

Please do let us know, I'm interested in your experiment.  How much weight did you put on the front before you took them out?  

14 hours ago, djmcnz said:

IIRC it's a LRP branded Sanwa/Airtronics FHSS Tx so I suspect it is Futaba compatible. I can't get back to you immediately but send me a PM and tell me the story about the loaner buggies.

The main thing the Tx needs is throttle EPA. I currently have a 3PRKA which has it and a T2HR which doesn't but I tape a piece of foam in to stop the lever going full forward. They work fine but I need a stick Tx for my yacht hence looking for something else. I say loaner buggies, they are TT02B's which are completely stock and take a load of abuse from our neighbours kids who come over, and my son is 5 so his friends come over and thrash them. The other day there were 3 5yo's running in my backyard, no major breakages. My son has his own cars, these 2 are just for any others who come over and that includes my mates who invariably have a few beers and run them. Funnily enough EPA helps some of them too! My plan to get others into RC appears to be working, a guy down the road wants one and his son loves playing with ours so there may be some  more in street this xmas.

I have a spare Sanwa 451 (I think) rx. If you do want to sell it then let me know,  assuming the rx will work.

Tonight, my wife a dear child went to sleep... it was time to let the beast out, and 5 hours later ta-daaaa my M05 ver2 chassis is build. Thank God I did the body teo weeks ago, really exhausted, I should have enjoyed this build more, but my home office room isnt finished yet, wanted to finish it as I like the abarth a lot.

basically this started as a M05 but why not make it lipo compatible, so I waited two more weeks to get the hop ups to make it a better  shelfer then it was supposed to be. The upgrades, they didnt mske it any easier, consider the body, chassis preparing etc... about 10hours are inside the Abarth. 

will make a build thread probably.. as I made some pictures and am to tired to mention any part number etc. I am just sitting back and enjoying this view after5 hours with the chassis :)

0-A9-E9144-27-B8-46-E1-8172-53-F9-D0-E04
FA980732-111-D-4610-B38-F-7-F1-DB4-C3423

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Tonight, my wife a dear child went to sleep... it was time to let the beast out, and 5 hours later ta-daaaa my M05 ver2 chassis is build. Thank God I did the body teo weeks ago, really exhausted, I should have enjoyed this build more, but my home office room isnt finished yet, wanted to finish it as I like the abarth a lot.

basically this started as a M05 but why not make it lipo compatible, so I waited two more weeks to get the hop ups to make it a better  shelfer then it was supposed to be. The upgrades, they didnt mske it any easier, consider the body, chassis preparing etc... about 10hours are inside the Abarth. 

will make a build thread probably.. as I made some pictures and am to tired to mention any part number etc. I am just sitting back and enjoying this view after5 hours with the chassis :)

0-A9-E9144-27-B8-46-E1-8172-53-F9-D0-E04
FA980732-111-D-4610-B38-F-7-F1-DB4-C3423

i'd love to see more of that Fiat!

• Like 1

Trim the the body posts (probably) and considering this one finished now :)

PS-61 Metallic Orange, Spaz Stix Black, Mica Red stripes, 2 coats of smoke on the headlights, front indicators, windscreen, 4 coats of smoke on side windows and back window. With a mix of the Jagermister kit decals and a Traxxas decals. I'm thinking the antenna straw would be better black but a job for another day.

nhk0jJZ.jpg

QDiRa8D.jpg

HBdfsYM.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I spent yesterday evening finishing a few scale details on my crawler (Desmond) build:

i-ntFggSC-XL.jpg

i-STZk9Rf-XL.jpg

...while Ozzy and Louis made a start on chopping the Jeep body for my YJ Wrangler (Daydream B'Leafer) build:

i-8XNNT8v-XL.jpg

Jenny x

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

All week, not just today.

Cut out and fit the Winger body to an old Boomerang. From

20181127_185056

to this

Winger shell

Also took the new to me Rustler out for a shake down.....What a ******* up, tranmitter did not pair with receiver, turns out he sent the wrong tranmistter. The ESC was set for Lipo so would not run with NiMh...never come across this, he sent it with NiMh batteries surely logic would have said for him to set it for same. 

Steering was all ok on right but would only go about 1/3 on left.....another hour to sort out as the servo would only turn a small amount one way compared to other due to a bulkhead. I had to adjust all the steering rods to get it to steer equally to each side......

Any way this RTR buggy came with 5 Nr 8.4V NiMh packs so currently running them all through a multi Discharge then Charge cycle to refress the packs as they have not been used in a while. 

Car is a Brushless VXL and is pretty wicked so overall I am happy as he refunded em enough to get a new set radio gear (cheapest on market, but I just added £10 to get the one I wanted) as long as I send him back the Traxxas Receiver. DONE

So all in a busy RC week

• Like 3

Took my son to see Santa. He didn’t ask for an RC :(.

In a display of toys that included some trains and a few old cars there was a partially trimmed (and unpainted) M05 Mini. 

Should have taken a pic. 

I took the opportunity to tell Mrs Crumble that there’s one I the loft for her when I get brave enough to trim it. It will be a replica of her favourite Mini. She was thrilled! Best get some practice in, got a Silverado shell to finish first...

• Like 2

My TA05IFS got some steering and suspension upgrades.

I have got the belts and gear pinions and diffs but havent changed them, since the olds are still ok.

xgimwg.jpg4vl1c6.jpg21ae9uo.jpg97qjie.jpgthese upgrades were on sale on rcmart, all of them were not more then 10$, not including belts and pulleys.

so the steering has leas play and rear lower arms arent loose anymore.

also orderd a 64P gear set, 80T Spur and 40T pinion, and guess what, the 40T pinion is too small he is missing about 2mm to touch the spur properly.

20ux2fr.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

My TA05IFS got some steering and suspension upgrades.

I have got the belts and gear pinions and diffs but havent changed them, since the olds are still ok.

xgimwg.jpg4vl1c6.jpg21ae9uo.jpg97qjie.jpgthese upgrades were on sale on rcmart, all of them were not more then 10$, not including belts and pulleys.

so the steering has leas play and rear lower arms arent loose anymore.

also orderd a 64P gear set, 80T Spur and 40T pinion, and guess what, the 40T pinion is too small he is missing about 2mm to touch the spur properly.

20ux2fr.jpg

Are they Tamiya suspension blocks on sale at RCmart? I found they made a massive difference to ,y TA07, removed all the slop

• Like 1

No, the only thing Tamiya branded is the Carbon damper stay and it was on sale. I orderd these parts few weeks ago, maybe there were alumiun blocks from tamiya, but even if discounted there were something like 15$ 

Aluminium parts are from yeah racing. 

I wanted tamiya parts originally, but my TA05 gets driven the most so could not be bothered wih only Tamiya upgrades, also the M05 ver2 arrived so there is a car to only use tamiya upgrades.

5 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

No, the only thing Tamiya branded is the Carbon damper stay and it was on sale. I orderd these parts few weeks ago, maybe there were alumiun blocks from tamiya, but even if discounted there were something like 15$ 

Aluminium parts are from yeah racing. 

I wanted tamiya parts originally, but my TA05 gets driven the most so could not be bothered wih only Tamiya upgrades, also the M05 ver2 arrived so there is a car to only use tamiya upgrades.

Yeah the Tamiya ones aren't cheap so was interested at that price! How do you find the Yeah Racing ones?

• Like 1

I had my friend TB04 blocks in hand,  they are included in the kit and I find Tamiya ones heavier and possible more robust then te Yeah racing, they are really lightweight. Hey, for 99cents for how much I paid for them, they do their job very well. 

As from my expirience alu parts from 3racing and Yeah racing are great, I would avoid GPM for touring cars as their parts are non better then original parts (except the fact they are aluminium), I dont know, but Exotek looks also very nice, I have seen lots of exotek parts on t2shop.de for your TA07. 

Examined the paint on my Jimny build. 

77-C3-BB82-482-E-4-DF6-AC25-43270-E904-E

I’m guessing the air temperature was colder than advertised :( it’s meant to be Cora’s Grey  

debating now whether to attempt to strip it, or paint the outside and go matt. 

• Like 1

I would leave it as it is, and make some rust effects or something. Bot worth atripping rhe paint or to paint outside. Rather get a new one. That is my opinion.

Finally finished the the Jeep Hard body for my CR-01 last week - it's the first Hard body that I have airbrushed and the first colour I picked blue was a disaster so I stripped it back and started again (with the grey primer as well) and then did close to box art spec - gloss black is very hard to get right... imo. Oh well I will see if I can do a better job with the Brat and the Tundra in the future…. Has working lights via switch on the remote.

CR-01-Jeep1.jpg

CR-01-Jeep2.jpg

• Like 1