Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not today, but last night, took my TT-02 Lancia Delta racing in the local clubs stock touring car class. Did ok...2nd in the 1st heat, 5th in 2nd, DNF in 3rd heat. Not sure where I finished in the final it was carnage. Was challenging for 1st when I got taken out by a back marker, but hey ho.

It was a real fun night, it's a very inviting club and open to complete novices and more seasoned racers. I've only been racing about a year, so consider my self an improved novice!

In a fortnight it's the Christmas race night, so I asked if Lunch Boxes could be run in the truggy/buggy class. This is aimed at kids and total noobs, racing is ragged to say the least. They only said yes! So now there are going to be about 5/6 Lunchies mixing it up with HPI Blitz truggies and assorted buggys. It's going to be fun!

If you've never raced, have a go, it is a lot of fun if you find the right club.

• Like 4

Took my TL-01B truck apart finally after suffering a gear failure earlier in the year. Stripped the whole thing down but couldn't see anything wrong. Finally discovered one of the drive shaft gear covers had taken a whack and broken! The gears weren't even significantly damaged because they had come almost totally apart, although it sounded bad, there wasn't enough pressure between them to cause any significant wear for the short time they were slipping.

The truck has been laid up since the summer, turns out 3 screws and a new part would have had it back in action in minutes!

Finished painting my Hyundai i20 rally car in white and started applying decals.

• Like 1

Got my 5 year olds grasshopper running again. He broke the spring mount that’s part of the chassis, it cracked across the hole. Super glue fixed it for a little bit but it didn’t last long. I fashioned up some crude but effective brackets to reinforce them and screwed into the mount, drilled out the hole and hes back on the road again. As soon as I showed him he said “so now I can take it out the front, flip it and break it again?” He’s next level smart ***. 🙄05396E6F-FFB2-46B4-9AEC-E87CE5D81007.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Looks really good. The wheels make it look much faster :)

Thanks pal yes these are MST adjustable offset wheels, choice of 3,5,7,9mm

• Like 2

Built a Dual Ridge [the Halloween prize - thank you all for voting!] last night with my nephew Dan - time for a test-drive in the park this morning!

i-LZ6RNjp-XL.jpg

photo. he's already started upgrading - those are my spare F150 wheels and 350 tyres... more ground clearance!

Jenny x

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Did some DIY stuff in house, so some stored supplies in the mancave are now gone.

Finally some room to set some cars on show, on top of the closets. :)

horOQ6c.jpg

• Like 4

I am also in a phase of building a hobby room, I already have a M05ver2 Fiat 1000TCR only for displaying, a Skoda Fabia M03 hopped up “replica” of my own 1:1 car, a 13,5T brushless F103 hopped up and my TA05IFS with some upgrades fitted would also be nice to see onthe shelf. But the current shell is pretty beaten up, 

I sourced a Tamiya 51245 Arta NSX bodyset, and in the time the body is done I will need a new set of tires by then, so I could copy the boxart six spoke rims.

As Keiichi Tsuchiya would be my Idol in some dream world, this is a nice shelfer and replacement body if needed. Who hasnt watched the show “Best Motoring: Touge”, I recommend it, it is Japanese :)

not to mention I am awaiting a new Lunchbox body set with all bits from Tamico tomorrow in the mail. It will be a Sixt Rent a truck Lunchbox, with orange sirens, and a scale Sixt livery with chrome details and black rims, matching the orange color with the ocday 9T can, which is also orange.

have I mentioned the hobby room will be orange? :D

• Like 1

Listed my DT02 Nissan Titan on Evilbay today after the delivery to the buyer failed to complete due to courier failures.. sorry @Fabia130vRS

• Thanks 1

I stripped the parts off my very broken Sand Scorcher body shell, so that I can experiment on it.

I’m going to remove the broken front wings and take it from there. 

• Like 2

Converted the Rock Socker to 4ws, with the diffs locked for crawling the turning circle was akin to an oil tankers! First tried a split lead from the servo channel but that would only turn the wheels the same way as the front but luckily my Core Code transmitter allows the third channel to be mixed with the first and be reversed. Works really well, set it so that the rears only turn 50% of the fronts so that it can still be driven fairly quick without rolling...

As I'd stolen the servo out of my M-06 I also popped a bog standard Futaba back into there. Love a day of productive tinkering 😁

• Like 2

Not today but this weekend

Cleaned and sanded this shell. Holes filled and need a little bit more of a sand before the primer goes on.

A lot of the damage has sanded but there is still to much to do anything but make it a rat car. 

31323389477_9a9598c0aa_b.jpg

• Like 3

I bought a couple of hop ups for our Lunchbox, aluminium Servo Saver and upgraded wheelie bar.

Just need to buy a new Servo and then it can be reassembled with the other parts I have  been picking up bit by bit.

• Like 1

Sold off a RX Fighter Buggy in bits for what I paid for it (it came as part of a job lot that was with a MadCap body that I needed) the bits sales mean the MadCap body was free....YOOO

Learned on eBay how to combine postage, how to create an invoice, how to change postage for an international buyer.

Won a Stampeded in an auction.

Had a heated conversation in work...you know what i mean right??? and was late home as taking all the bits to post-office took longer than expected as the world and his brother and sister and cousins had decided today was the day to post everything....EVERYTHING. so was delayed from getting back from lunch.....

• Like 1

On 12/9/2018 at 9:10 AM, Jason1145 said:

Hyundai i20 rally car done

qmqHPe9.jpg

BmwhPaB.jpg

nHrZN11.jpg

8pOU7Tv.jpg

0MDPo7g.jpg

NrtYB1v.jpg

8DYmqvu.jpg

I think this is possibly your best car so far, really good looking from every angle. 

• Like 1

I bought 3 new servos from Hobby King, TC recommended ones. 

1 for our Lunchbox and 2 spare as the postage was the same price.

That’s me done now for a bit, but happy with what I’ve bought recently for sure. 

• Like 3

Took my TA05IFS driving with my TB04 pal.

first test with 48T pinion and 80T Spur, car quite fast, top speed on track was 68kph

tires are done, need a new set, still have some vtec slicks with at least 50% life left.

and installed bearing in the rocker arms. For the ifs suspension.

33a9qtd.jpg

dllus9.jpg10qgeas.jpg

• Like 3

My Lunchy got some new upgrades, real oil shocks, 18T steel pinion without the motor spacer and larger wheelie bar. 

Havent tested it yet out side, but a short room driver showed the pinion calms the start, I am tempted to fit somehow a 3s lipo inside... now with 4 oil shocks the car is much stiffer.

24kwaps.jpg

2qx22rq.jpg2e0oapf.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

My Lunchy got some new upgrades, real oil shocks, 18T steel pinion without the motor spacer and larger wheelie bar. 

Havent tested it yet out side, but a short room driver showed the pinion calms the start, I am tempted to fit somehow a 3s lipo inside... now with 4 oil shocks the car is much stiffer.

24kwaps.jpg

2qx22rq.jpg2e0oapf.jpg

Which oil shocks are those they look nice 👀 

2 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

What pitch is the pinion? Have thought about doing this but didn't know which one to get. 

• Like 1

I orderd from Tamico, Carson 18T steel Pinion, same as a Hornet, it is M0.8, I have a 17T M0.8 in my DT01 but it would not mesh. 18T is a perfect fit, metric 0.8

• Thanks 1