Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Which oil shocks are those they look nice 👀 

Edit: now I noticed the neon red spring on the previous picture, an idea to make them look like big bore crawler shocks, but nonfinction and no good idea hah

I am not sure, I got them with the car, I made myself believe they are from Traxxas, did test fit a 3S tonight in our man cave, it is a perfect fit without the small sponge inside. :)

It certainly jumps now, it was dead with a LRP 5000mAh nimh high discharge battery. Probably also because of the weight a nimh has.

haven tried it yet properly :)

vebwk0.jpgfvwtph.jpg

glueing the tires to the rims and insert some sponge inserts would be next on the to do list. If I want to keep it 3s for a while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Organised all of my post ‘82 radio gear... Not the wildest of evenings 😂 Still got about 4x as much pre ‘82 equipment to sort!

45365422635_87efa8f81d_b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Today, I decided that the outlay of a new kit would be outweighed by the excitement of just building something again, as well as the nice break from screen time. As such, I have taken order of yet another:

3090it4.jpg

It was a toss-up between this, the new Ferrari 312T3 (as a Canadian, I really want to build up Gilles Villeneuve's car), the Comical Grasshopper, and a WR-02 with a Lancia body set and lots of putty... I think the Toyota TS050 will come out around the time I have more work, so that will not necessitate a toss-up!

There will be no build thread for a long time - there may not even be a model for some time, since it is on backorder and Canada is dealing with a tremendous backlog of mail owing to that postal strike, but I am comfortable with waiting :) It is hardly painting weather out there, anyway.

I am hoping to build it up into another non-box-art special, refining the techniques that I first used on my previous Lancia:

2zqviav.jpg

I also hope to make use of more custom decals for something TamiyaClub-related ;) There are a lot of non-Martini Racing 037s to draw inspiration from...

• Like 6

3 of us locally here, he a small meet, lets say, I brought my M03, TA05 IFS and F103

then there were a TB04 and F103 project from a friend, with exotek rear f104 motor mount and large pinion.

and finally a mercedes c class from LRP s10 blat tc1 with a LRP Vector 10,5T

9sf0jo.jpgfwjd5j.jpg4i0mmb.jpg

transported very carefully, as my most precious.

2rp323q.jpgdvhl4m.jpg

and last not to forget, this is the beach next to our local “track”, nice place to test the lunch box on 3s. Very fun day, some videos were made too.

• Like 5

71630-B83-EBB3-418-B-9-F24-82829-DAC1377

small progress on my mg01x. Still not decided on what to do with the tainted body, but no rush, it’s still cold!

54000 dampers to figure out next

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Some videos of my last drives.

Myth confirmed, the Lunchbox on 3s indeed is a time machine and it does wheelies on demand :O !

oh and I glued the tires to the rims without foam inside. 

• Like 4

20181213_092549

First time in weeks I have actually run a car. Weather has been terribly wet which makes grass running problematic. Was cold and dry last night so fitting the full spikes on the DN01 and just drove. No fettling, no puzzling, just razzed about in a field for 20 minutes. Was lovely! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This evening I built up a set of Super Mini CVAs for my nephew's M-03. He has reached a level of skill where the stock friction dampers are holding him back, so I think an early Christmas present is in order so that he can run them at the last club meet of the year which takes place tomorrow. 

• Like 6

Just getting this old buggy ready for a video shoot. Check the YouTubed! thread in a few hours. ;)

kAEZkKx.jpg

• Like 6

A great day here, sun was shining and had friends stay last night so an excuse for a big breakfast. Then they left and I spent about 6 hours working on the yacht and watching cricket, it was amazing. The best part is there are 4 more days of cricket and work is really quiet, so theres a good chance of that happening for a few more days this week. 

I need to update the build thread but my laptop has issues and its possible to do but a pain. I really need to get that sorted, but I'll just keep moaning about it instead

• Like 4

Cleaned the gears for the front gearbox of the blazing star. So I can re-assemble that end. All other parts except shocks are already clean and ready.

Also, got the front-end of an original Marui Big Bear cleaned up and build up.

gBSuxBH.jpg

All black suspension plastics were painted silver, got nearly all of it off.

• Like 2

In my last drive, my M03 Fabia was used as a safety car, and it got in collision with a frienda mercedes c class lrp s10tc, the front left upright broke, the second time now. Since it brakes everytime in a way I could glue it with cement back together, and this time I reinforced all aith masking tape over fresh cement.

and a zip tie to call it a DIY

immidiately went for a spin

2i0cfu8.jpgdy3ur8.jpg

2be53r.jpgvjezd.jpg

so to mention, the RCRacers carbon stiffener works great, I do have a lot of body roll in the rear but inside a corner it is smooth, only on straights I face transitions, I need a rear sway bar! Currently running 4hole rebaunds and medium springs.

Not Tamiya related but went to a bidy reapir shop, my 1:1 Fabia will be back from the workshop on Monday, after a small accident in my street, the neighbour wasnt watching. :/

mlta95.jpgfz1011.jpg

body work is finished today, but I kedt it so they could do a rear window fix, common problem in these years of small VAG cars, rear doors would like in a very complex way, more about it ok briskoda haha

• Like 3

Got my work bench cleaned up and three of my speed runners ready!! I hope the weather holds out tomorrow!!

DSCN3707.JPG

• Like 4

3 hours ago, emspjay said:

Got my work bench cleaned up and three of my speed runners ready!! I hope the weather holds out tomorrow!!

DSCN3707.JPG

Is that a F1 on the right?

A friend came over with his 2 kids and a Wild One, Fox, Boomerang and Bigwig and we ran cars for a few hours on my backyard track. This was really a trial run to see if its worth getting a few more people over and it will be so we are trying to organise that for late January. I might need to buy a few more batteries as that was the limiting factor

• Like 3

Disassembled and ultrasonic cleaned all shocks off the blazing star. So those can be re-assembled when dry.

And ordered paint supplies for the Samurai and a 17Tx2 motor for the blazing star at Tamico. :)

Hopefully, the all-plastic gear set will also come in next week, so I can re-assemble the rear gearbox.

Got two bodies trial fitted on the the wrong chassis

46287265002_a444374af8_b.jpg46287264952_35167b5f68_b.jpg

Need to decide on wheel choices on the Scorcher before final trimming.

Pulled out my DT-03s to try and decide which one to keep. 

Much as I am desperate to play with my TRX4s I am holding myself to ransom until some other projects are progressed a little more.

9 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Is that a F1 on the right?

Yep, F104 Pro II. It is my silver can entry for the speed thread.

• Like 1

Finally got round to re-doing my Low Ride Pumpkin body. My first attempt at gloss Black "orange pealed" quite badly plus I've never really liked the rear roll bars or there associated mounts. Have sanded back the gloss and cut away the mounts but it still needs more work. Will try and make a new flat bed to cover all the holes in the rear and defiantly add some front lights. 

• Like 1