Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Very RC rich day today I must admit.

I put up a temporary shelf for my RC stuff as I cant see it anymore on the floor. All 9 cars are up there :)

2wrgtwm.jpg

and my buddy asked me the favour or should I say pleasure to order RC stuff in amount od 200$, and he intendes to have the VW Golf MK2 GTI body of evay. So this lowerd the budget for 65$.

for the resto money he got a part from the vw body..

Tamiya FF03 chassis kit

yeahracing ball bearings

Tamiya RSR 2 piece mesh wheel set F/R 26/32mm

and a SKYRC ARES V1 6.5T mod motor

that is if for the start. He will build the chassis himself, so he could get familiar with parts to recognize potential hop ups.

I think somebody just got a big hook on Tamiya :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Almost done with this 911GT2. need to add side mirrors, exhausts details and correct body mount as the 30th Anni Porsche 934 body mount does not fit the existing holes on the body ad it pushes the rally driver cockpit forward too much.

I can't decide which wheels look best for this lively. Gold center spokes wheels or leave it sliver as it is. 

STPGT2.jpg

• Like 5

Kingpins arrived so I could finally run my Thunder Dragon on the TRF suspension

Tamiya Thunder Dragon with TRF501 suspensionTamiya Thunder Dragon with TRF501 suspensionTamiya Thunder Dragon with TRF501 suspension

Ran it for half an hour in the sunshine at lunchtime on the grass at the local field. IT'S BLUMMIN BRILLIANT!

Its just a lot better than the stock suspension and steering, even my modified versions. Way less bouncy for the same shock settings smoother, less twitchy steering. Just really really nice. I am so pleased I did this. 

• Like 10

I spent about 4 hrs last night trying to solve a front diff issue on my newly built rally beetle only to find out the front transmission case is likely warped. I know this because i used lexan to shim the case apart in the front just a hair and the diff works perfect... i gotta contact Tamiya for replacements, in the mean time i have to seal up the bottom using some high strength clear vinyl from work :)
49686265_10218421114906203_8288832070013157376_o.thumb.jpg.22f2f2d724963bacafff33b75a90f271.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Stared lustily at my Avante BS and 935 Black edition boxes. Told myself they’ll wait till I’ve finished some other projects. 

Found two missing screws from my Javelin build. Fitted them, but couldn’t motivate myself to go any further. Back in the box it all went. 

Instead I pulled out a Lego kit I’d had for a while (Diner building) and made a start on that :)

I also discovered that Lego building makes my watch think I’m doing exercise, so I crossed over the 12500 step mark, so gained my points quota for my healthcare. I wonder if rc tinkering will do the same? :lol::ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ordered the CRP front end and a rear shock relocator for my Lunchbox hopefully gonna sort out final battery mounting and begin getting the body ready for paint

My least favorite hobby activity. I put together 3 full sets of beadlocks. 😒

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Theibault said:

Are they that bad? Never made any so im not sure 

39 minutes ago, Scipunk said:

Are they that bad? Never made any so im not sure 

Just lots of tiny screws. So many tiny screws lol. All three sets had 12 per wheel and another 6 per hub. 216 tiny little screws. It's also always a pain to get the first couple screws per wheel to screw in as you are compressing the tire bead against the ring and wheel.

1 minute ago, Theibault said:

Just lots of tiny screws. So many tiny screws lol. All three sets had 12 per wheel and another 6 per hub. 216 tiny little screws. It's also always a pain to get the first couple screws per wheel to screw in as you are compressing the tire bead against the ring and wheel.

Good lord that is excessive...lol Maybe i wont get into crawlers after all.

Started to sort nuts and bolts. It sure takes its time. Finally I will get an better overview of what I got and what I should get. :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Theibault said:

Astonishing! Are your wrists still at least kind of intact?

Meanwhile, thanks to an ungodly combination of bushings, screws, nuts, and bump steer, I have "successfully" put touring car wheels on all four corners of my Lancia Rally:

rrun9u.jpg

31459nr.jpg

2ptt536.jpg

am4c4j.jpg

I hope at least the bump steer will be temporary while I wait on new parts, but in the interim I have the whole thing together using assorted spares and scraps from my parts pile. I believe spares for my F103RS and Striker have made it possible.

I would have made a thread, but I would have also been rather embarrassed by what I deemed acceptable for this project :ph34r:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, geniusanthony said:

Started building my Agrios. Doing a time lapse video because I never saw an actual build video on the Tube.

Looking forward to this. Mine is in the loft waiting for the summer. Got a week off with El Kid to build Mummy’s Monster Truck.

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

Looking forward to this. Mine is in the loft waiting for the summer. Got a week off with El Kid to build Mummy’s Monster Truck.

Notes to date:

Order your bearings ahead of time. Mine came with a bag full of metal bushings that I am having to rob replacements for from a Hornet and M05 bearing set I had in the stash. I didn't actually mind robbing the Hornet set as I had already broken it open for an 8x5 that was missing from my MIP ORV ball diff kit. They are also rubber sealed so will work well for the exposed parts on the axles.

The trans uses two 12x6's (I think) on the output shafts that I would have really liked to put rubber sealed bearings in place of.. as opposed to the kit supplied metal shielded bearings.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

I finished painting the driver I'm putting in my MF-01x Beetle.  Gave him a beard to change things up a bit.

31741093007_16c79741fa_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

45957943984_11f342bf4d_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

MV5BZGNkYjJmODQtMjAxNS00MTcwLTkyMjktMDQ0

This is what happens when you get the macro lens ;) 

That turned out really nice btw

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I'll trim the starggles

1 hour ago, NWarty said:

This is what happens when you get the macro lens ;) 

That turned out really nice btw

lol, I'll trim the stragglers as soon as the glue sets up.

2 hours ago, NWarty said:

beavis  RULES UMYEAH YEAH YEAH UMM :lol:  my name is cornolio  i need teepee for my bung hole:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Orderd a small tiny quadcopter to learn how to get this thing around, as I started a FPV racer drone build :)

cant wait for it 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, topforcein said:

beavis  RULES UMYEAH YEAH YEAH UMM :lol:  my name is cornolio  i need teepee for my bung hole:lol:

I grew up on Beavis and Butt Head

I miss that show and King Of The Hill of course. 

• Like 2

Tonight's festivities 

49822923_10218439026873991_5498596275425116160_n.thumb.jpg.6cf645597d3d956ad17d7b590415410b.jpg

Also ran the beetle for the first time today after I TURNED IT ON AND FORGOT IT WAS UNBOUND AND IT FLEW OFF THE WORK BENCH BOUNCED ON ITS ROOF AND LANDED ON THE WHEELS AND WAS FINE...LOL 

i gotta admit it's a lot of fun. Need to address some things but all in all a fun little car. 

• Like 4

Sent off my King Cab and Hilux Monster racer to their new owner :(

Thats 4 rc's gone since just before xmas.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

16 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

yeah same here every night around 10pm on mtv i used to love watching them and still do when i get the chance i really liked beavis/butthead do america.

and king of the hill is on one of the freeview channels atm

21 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

That reminded me that i grew up with B and B and with the famous Ray Cokes and Most Wanted 😁. Anybody knows what he is doing today?

• Like 1