Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So the Wraith has an issue. The servo arm hits the frame on full extension.

Looked online and the rough ******s that run Axials seem to just take a half round file to the chassis. I am not that rough..

32917018518_3bc0f58620_b.jpg

I had a hop up servo mount for a WR01 in stock so that seemed the best idea. Moves the servo back a few mm and clears all the chassis.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Apart from painting & fitting his Royal Ronness to go behind the wheel got the BF done. I've gone with box art as I like it, polished the body rather than paint as Gloss Black is notoriously difficult and stressful to get right for this runner. Really happy with the result.

Got it ready for the upcoming Australia day, then chased the Dog for a bit. (No animals where harmed in this photo shot!!) :)

XsWiHPf.jpg

LJGxeT2.jpg

Nice, like the detail on the wheels 👍

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

I like the black trim line on the wheels! 

Ta  :). Easy done with big wheels mounted on the chassis. Turn the wheel while holding the brush on the wheel, then turn the wheel again tiding up the lines with a damp white spirt rag. 

Adds a little personal touch. Just wanted to break up the yellow a bit so the wheels aren't so JCB looking. I was tempted to black out the centres too but decided against it.

• Like 1

Added lights and some 1/10 gun metal touring wheels to finish up the Pumpkin. Just need to move the posts back a few mm to center the arch over the fronts. 

DSC_0005

• Like 11

Got great work done on the Bullhead.

2 of the suspension arms were badly bend and partially broken when I got the car.
I 3D printed patches for them, first bent the arms straight using a hot air gun, and glued the patches in place with epoxy glue.
The arms feel strong again now, and a touch of silver paint hides the work.

rpJM4Hd.jpg

Next, re-assembled the suspension arms to the gearboxes.
Too bad the aluminium anti-rotation brackets have not arrived yet, otherwise I could finish this and mount them to the chassis.
I ordered oil-filled shocks, but they have not been send out yet after a week processing time... :mellow: So I'll mount the old shocks to test-drive.

DC3AO2U.jpg

Also modeled and test-printed a new grille for the Clod Buster body. Plan is to make this car a bigger version of, and inspired on, my first RC Marui Big Bear monster truck. ^_^

u89d8wE.jpg

Need to do the tailgate, side badges, and rear wheel fenders too. Re-print it all in ABS.
Then a full respray of the clod body in dark metallic blue, and I already have 120% sized decals from MCI. :lol:

• Like 5

Edited:

finished now! Not ready yet as it is missing some chrome rims. Some smart looking decals and a few accessories and a good shelfer. :)

2h2i2ci.jpg

sbqa6c.jpg

wjjksn.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Decided to solve an old problem: Too many cars and too many transmitters and no record keeping. After some extensive reassigning, I now have one transmitter for all re-re 2WDs, one for all re-re 4WDs, one for trucks, one for runners and some assigned to individual cars. And I wrote it all down! Still not perfect, but at least I won't turn up at the track with the wrong transmitter anymore. 

Dusted all cars off in the process, found that I've been using six different  brands of servos on the re-re buggies alone, which is unacceptable and calls for standardisation, got hung up on a Hotshot's toe-out and  thought I'd fix the front wheel alignment while I was at it since I had to take it halfway apart just to get to the receiver anyway... Ended up wasting my time, must have somehow forgotten that Hotshot is the father of all bump steer. 

Decided to buy another Hotshot just to see if I can make it steer precisely. And to put gold wheels on it. And to paint it bright orange... And maybe go brushless... 

Yeah right. As if straying from box art correct appearance really was an option. But I will try, honestly. 

DSC_2317.JPG

• Like 2

Fitted aluminium axle cases to my little wpl military truck.

Did a little exploratory surgery with my Radio Shack Hummer. I've been waiting to get one of these for ages, they didn't sell them in the UK. It's everything I had hoped it to be. Basically a toy grade where the manufacturer decided the best way to build a robust vehicle was to essentially build a hobby grade in disguise, right up my street like my Nikko MTs, just waiting to have it's potential unlocked. It has all round double wishbones with metal steering knuckles, dog bone drive shafts all round, shaft driven 4wd, metal gears! 550 motor! And it's built like a tank. I'll make a build thread for it when I start working on it.

Fitted DT03 suspension to my Lunchbox with the help of ThunderDragonCy's adapter. This is the second double wishbone setup I've been playing with and it seems to work well. The track is now significantly wider giving better stability and also means there is virtually no rubbing of the tyres despite there being a dramatic increase in suspension travel. I can now use 100mm shocks and the chassis will touch the ground before the shocks bottom out.

4BxstPS.jpg

There is yet another method I will be trying out soon too, who knew there were so many ways to do it!?

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

Added lights and some 1/10 gun metal touring wheels to finish up the Pumpkin. Just need to move the posts back a few mm to center the arch over the fronts. 

DSC_0005

Thats the Bee's knee's that is. Awesome mirror finish great job. B)

• Thanks 1

Experimented further with the Bullhead's electronics.

I modified the TG-3 reciever, so the servo signal from channel 1 steering is now alco on the VCC power connector. This saved me a Y cable for the 2 steering servos. They can now go directly into the receiver.

Tested it, and when the front wheels turn left, the rear wheels turn left too instead of right... Woops. :wacko:

So have to look into either a servo reverse cable thingy something, or I'll modify the rear servo internally so it counter rotates.

Hit up a local flea market and while no real RC stuff i snagged a few vintage plane model kits :)

31869289367_f204546896_b.jpg20190120_043621 by David Ashe, on Flickr

31869289337_3333908172_b.jpg20190120_043635 by David Ashe, on Flickr

31869289247_ce21b19ef4_b.jpg20190120_043627 by David Ashe, on Flickr

Should be fun, all 3 was $22 :) Also grabbed a gold Texaco Wrecker a 50th anny Hot Wheels corvette and a cool painting of Spiderman :)

On 1/19/2019 at 10:59 AM, Grotty Otty said:

DSC_0005

Great looking headlights, great looking vegetable!

• Haha 1

Took the BMW to the local Neighborhood Improvised Carpark Racetrack, first time running an onroad car since the early nineties. Completely different from what I expected. 

Got taken out by another BMW at some point, and finished with awesome scale-realistic "damage" to the passenger side. 

DSC_2325.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Did a load of work to my TRF'd Thunder Dragon this morning, putting my new designed 3 deg toe in and adjustable rear uprights on it, which should help rear grip and sort the ride height. Also sorted out the clearances on the TRF arms.

Tamiya Thunder Dragon with TRF suspension. Custom 3d printed CTE RC 3 deg toe in uprights with adjustable arm length and corrected ride height.

There's a load of pics and blather on the Builds forum thread if you're interested.

This afternoon I nipped out and ran a pack through my DN01. I've not run it for ages as I have rather neglected it trying to get my TRF211 3GL to handle nicely, so I sorted out the new Rx I got for it and setup it and headed out.

20190120_164057

I had forgotten what a completely lovely car this is to drive. It's so fast and planted and easy to handle. The mid-motor 211 is always on the verve of oversteer and really quite spikey to drive. DN01 is so easy going by comparison. I will not be leaving it on the shelf any longer!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, S-PCS said:

DSC_2325.JPG

I had no idea lexan would do that - I assume the shell is a write off and that cant be reshaped? Shame as it was a good looking body.

55 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

I had no idea lexan would do that - I assume the shell is a write off and that cant be reshaped? Shame as it was a good looking body.

I'm guessing he took the photo and then popped the lexan back into place afterwards.

Restickered the body on my restored original Frog. The body was a factory finished one that the original owner got whilst in Japan (re-re). I removed the “new” stickers, and replaced them with “correct” ones

Quite an interesting morning today. Left of my wife at work around 8am, went to a friend to who I have sold an F103. We wanted to try a different spoiler and body for the F103 and change left front upright...

but what happend next I am not even sure if somebody would believe me. But I have a selfie as proof at lenast hah

basically, yesterday afternoon my friend and his girlfriend went for a walk, the F103 was in a Mueller plastic bag, so was the trash in his car. You probably can imagine what happend next. The F103 together with radio, tires, second battery got thrown into the trash. And the trash was still in his car.

so this morning we figgured out what happend. We went immidiately to the local trash container... empty.. since it was sunday yesterday... that would mean the trash was collected this morning. Probably 2-3houra before we noticed what happend, and the F103 being in the trash container over 12hours now...

thank God, the dump truck hasnt been on the trash collection site... we maneged to get the number of the driver, he called us around 9am that he is at the depo and is about to unload. We arrived with some rubber gloves only.. next time if.. fishing boots are a must!

we managed to collect the F103 with battery and all electronics, body is trashed, and it is missing the wheel wirt broken upright, radio a Flysky GT2 went also lost.... and we noticed a 200$ bluetooth speaker was also together with the F103 theown away.

I thought I’d would vomit a few times but thankfully not :)

axih6o.jpg

• Sad 2