Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Picked up some more materials for the LB and Beetle builds. 

Tamiya clear red and orange, 18mm yellow tape, 12 mm curved and Tamiya paint retardant so it flows better. xacto file set, e6000. New dremel bit for the lights and a can of regular Tamiya Gold for well you will see :)

20190126_154845

Also grabbed a organizer from Home Depot for my parts and such so I can have a cleaner work area :)

20190126_154854

I realized the bottom pic the organizer is upside down...lol

• Like 4

Well, the TRF201 1/10 rally conversion is on. Just dropped probably more than makes any kind of sense at rcmart to get everything I need to get the ta05/trf416 style suspension and rally wheels on the tub. Once I am sure I can get it all to work together I will look at cutting and sectioning out the tub to get the wheelbase down to 257 to fit a regular 190mm TC shell. Given how much it will share with the FF03R I am tempted to christen this the RR03R 😀

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Well, the TRF201 1/10 rally conversion is on. Just dropped probably more than makes any kind of sense at rcmart to get everything I need to get the ta05/trf416 style suspension and rally wheels on the tub. Once I am sure I can get it all to work together I will look at cutting and sectioning out the tub to get the wheelbase down to 257 to fit a regular 190mm TC shell. Given how much it will share with the FF03R I am tempted to christen this the RR03R 😀

Sounds like an amazing project / rabbit hole.... Following! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ALEXKYRIAK said:

Sounds like an amazing project / rabbit hole.... Following! 

Haha! Cheers. Nice to have something fairly random to do during the winter. 

I bought this Mego Action Jackson figure at target to use as a driver for my Land Rover, but he's so creepy looking I'm having second thoughts, lol!

39919728713_2517f14198_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

39919728843_2ef9fb8c26_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Haha 5

Dug out all 4 of my M-chassis type cars to consider selling one of them to raise some funds... but they all look so nice with so much work put into them that I packed them all away again... it did remind me atleast where each one was ( geopgraphically) and at what stage they were at, so not a wasted excercise. 

The most important outcome was to jog my memory that my M03 (225mm) Suzuki Swift hit 31.9MPH on its 3950kv motor with the highest 20t pinion - so today I've fitted foam tyres all round and some rear toe in hubs and now I'll try it on 3s Lipo ( before Summer?!) and see what that gets... I'm guessing 10MPH more!

• Like 4

Got my tt02 dialled in with modded hubs (short upper arm = dynamic camber/roll centre mod). Handles like it's on rails now! 

ZE8B14h.jpg
lUZZFi7.jpg
DITVqR4.jpg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Dug out all 4 of my M-chassis type cars to consider selling one of them to raise some funds... but they all look so nice with so much work put into them that I packed them all away again... it did remind me atleast where each one was ( geopgraphically) and at what stage they were at, so not a wasted excercise. 

The most important outcome was to jog my memory that my M03 (225mm) Suzuki Swift hit 31.9MPH on its 3950kv motor with the highest 20t pinion - so today I've fitted foam tyres all round and some rear toe in hubs and now I'll try it on 3s Lipo ( before Summer?!) and see what that gets... I'm guessing 10MPH more!

haha I know I would feel the same. I just started a M chassis collection.. hope to extend it at least for a M02 soon enough. next would be the M06 :)

I wonder what cars do you have?

I would rather consider selling my touring TA05 rather then any M chassis. But that wont happen. :D

I went driving with my friend and his trash recoverd F103... but his esc burned out on my 5000 nimh LRP battery... I believe there was some kind of moister in the esc. shortened the connections. but I already installed a similar china esc as he had.

jtv2vs.jpg

zxk8zd.jpg

and my TA05 eat his aluminium Spur, no wonder it was like 1$ from ebay. 

w1tsnm.jpg

and a video, my friend is driving my TA05, the rear camber made the car very stable on high speeds, so I felt comfortable to give him a drive with TH. trim to 0. I usually up the TH. trim to 6-7 to eliminate the drag brake force. The tires squeak on the end, which I find funny. 

next up is replacing the spur with a different about 80-90 and a 32T 48P Team Associated lightweight pinion is already in mail next week.. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fabia130vRS said:

haha I know I would feel the same. I just started a M chassis collection.. hope to extend it at least for a M02 soon enough. next would be the M06 :)

I wonder what cars do you have?

and a video, my friend is driving my TA05, the rear camber made the car very stable on high speeds, The tires squeak on the end, which I find funny. 

That squeak sounds like the brakes squealing so that's a good thing!

I've 2 x M03 ( 210mm Corsair Truck - like Pumpkin, and 225mm Suzuki Swift/Datsun 510), 1 x M04L 239mm Beetle/Porsche 914, and 1 x ABC Gambado 210mm car with a Nissan Sunny bodyshell.. yep these are all cool looking so can't sell them ;)

I should add a M06 too!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

That squeak sounds like the brakes squealing so that's a good thing!

I've 2 x M03 ( 210mm Corsair Truck - like Pumpkin, and 225mm Suzuki Swift/Datsun 510), 1 x M04L 239mm Beetle/Porsche 914, and 1 x ABC Gambado 210mm car with a Nissan Sunny bodyshell.. yep these are all cool looking so can't sell them ;)

I should add a M06 too!

Where'd you get the 914 body?  You say that has a 239mm wheel base?

More work on the Bullhead.

Stuck the reciever and ESC into the bottom of the chassis.

zrUAzGX.jpg

And 3D printed a new battery case for a length-wise orientation.

wK9adZv.jpg

With all this  in place, I popped on the body and took it for its first drive outside. I was very pleasently surprised with this chassis! ^_^
The steering is sharp and direct, turning circle is very good for the size of the truck. Almost looks unreal, I'm a novice driver when it comes to 4 wheel steering.
Accelleration is fine too, and going from reverse to full forward it will do wheellies.
Full speed to maximum brake will kick-up the rear wheels for a moment.

So a very good first impression. :lol: Loving this beast already! :wub:
And speed can be increased with a 3S lipo if I ever want to do that. And better motors, currently very happy with the silvercans.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2019 at 4:04 PM, speedy_w_beans said:

Over the past few days I printed the "Santa's Lunch Box" box art and attached it to a regular kit box.  Unfortunately the sticker paper/inkjet printer combination doesn't "pop" the colors very well, but the concept is there at least.  Also, maybe more importantly, I have a full extra set of customized parts now.  I just need to find a box and put a "bonus parts included" sticker on it. Also, I'm waiting on an impulse sealer and some shrink wrap bags to properly shrink wrap the kit and bonus parts box.

It was fun taking Scollin's idea, tweaking it a little, and making a customized kit out of it.

ZkRxK4V.jpg

ca4mJcS.png

Tamiya Club design vs Tamiya design...

TC design works better.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

That's the one, great looking car! 

@78Triumph

They have some great shells. So why am I drawn to the Mokka ...? :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Well...

I put my Arrma Granite BLX 3S up for sale and ended up with a trade for another buggy...lol 

Meet my new to me Xray XB2 :

20190127_161018

20190127_161035

Has slipper eliminator, Fantom 13.5 motor, Hobbywing 120A esc, Savox servo and came with 3 batteries, just need to add a receiver and clean up the wiring. (i swear i will sell one of these for a Tamiya kit...lol)

Next up i did the second from blinker on the Lunchbox grill. will paint tomorrow as i forgot to buy thinner...lol

20190127_200643

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Sounds like you have a nice little M fleet going there. Which models do you have?

Stripped down my Stadium Blitzer chassis for a good clean and re-lube of the gearbox and replaced a couple of rough bearings after having had 2 packs run through it on the beach recently.

After a 2 hour search for the soldering wire I turned the Blackfoot brushless. Soldering is a bit iffy as I only have a 25w soldering iron, but works fine. 

More torque than the silver can, it keeps pulling up the small hill in the garden right up to the battery's last breath. Where as the silver can would struggle a bit once the volts started to drop. Braking is greatly improved too. Motor was only slightly warm to the touch and TBLE 02 was stone cold after a half hour run.

ViUXsVd.jpg

• Like 4

managed to try a bit more on the lathe, this time a rim for a sand scorcher. The outer edge and rear where I did the parting off are little rough, but I'm happy enough with it. This was a lot quicker than previous attempts. Silly me though I've misplaced the rest of the original Sand Scorcher rims to measure off :(  they are not lost though, they are just somewhere in the abyss that is my rc collection :blink:

Sand-Scorcher-rims-v1-1.jpg

Sand-Scorcher-rims-v1-2.jpg

Once I've done the outer rims I'll do the bolt holes.

Sand-Scorcher-rims-v1-3.jpg

plus I'm going to try some more vac forming, first up is an old proline shell.

Martell-23.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Sounds like you have a nice little M fleet going there. Which models do you have?

I've 2 x M03 ( 210mm Corsair Truck - like Pumpkin, and 225mm Suzuki Swift/Datsun 510), 1 x M04L 239mm Beetle/Porsche 914, and 1 x ABC Gambado 210mm car with an old Nissan Sunny bodyshell.. yep these are all cool looking so can't sell them ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Stripped down my Stadium Blitzer chassis for a good clean and re-lube of the gearbox and replaced a couple of rough bearings after having had 2 packs run through it on the beach recently.

After a 2 hour search for the soldering wire I turned the Blackfoot brushless. Soldering is a bit iffy as I only have a 25w soldering iron, but works fine. 

More torque than the silver can, it keeps pulling up the small hill in the garden right up to the battery's last breath. Where as the silver can would struggle a bit once the volts started to drop. Braking is greatly improved too. Motor was only slightly warm to the touch and TBLE 02 was stone cold after a half hour run.

ViUXsVd.jpg

Is this a Xray branded motor ? 

6 hours ago, Scipunk said:

Well...

I put my Arrma Granite BLX 3S up for sale and ended up with a trade for another buggy...lol 

Meet my new to me Xray XB2 :

20190127_161018

20190127_161035

Has slipper eliminator, Fantom 13.5 motor, Hobbywing 120A esc, Savox servo and came with 3 batteries, just need to add a receiver and clean up the wiring. (i swear i will sell one of these for a Tamiya kit...lol)

Next up i did the second from blinker on the Lunchbox grill. will paint tomorrow as i forgot to buy thinner...lol

20190127_200643

Amazing, if you want to sell it. Let me know. 

@Fabia130vRS ,

It’s a Hobbywing Justock 17.5t. Got it cheap somewhere. Goes great in BF. It won’t break any land speed records but shouldn’t smash the gearbox to bits either. Going by how cool it was running I could go a bigger pinion, or go 3s.

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/justock-motor-g2?variant=27383102024

I have the 13.5t in my Javelin with the XR10 ESC.