Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

@Fabia130vRS ,

It’s a Hobbywing Justock 17.5t. Got it cheap somewhere. Goes great in BF. It won’t break any land speed records but should smash the gearbox to bits either. Going by how cool it was running I could go a bigger pinion, or go 3s.

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/justock-motor-g2?variant=27383102024

I have the 13.5t in my Javelin with the XR10 ESC. 

Do the fixed timing motors come set to the sweet spot or are they slower than the adjuatable timing? You don't happen to know the amps it draws do you? I've always gone for adjustable timing as my first was and I've seen the difference the timing makes. However it is pretty much set and forget, so maybe fixed timing is the way to go

7 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

@Fabia130vRS ,

It’s a Hobbywing Justock 17.5t. Got it cheap somewhere. Goes great in BF. It won’t break any land speed records but shouldn’t smash the gearbox to bits either. Going by how cool it was running I could go a bigger pinion, or go 3s.

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/justock-motor-g2?variant=27383102024

I have the 13.5t in my Javelin with the XR10 ESC. 

I was refereeing to this 

XRAY Hobbywing XRS Motor Justock G2 - 13.5T 309950.jpg

Does having an RC dream count?

The dream involved standing in the kitchen trying to repair an MSC which I was fitting into a Tamiya mini chassis, but then my alarm went off for work!

Strange how the brain works, I was infact in the kitchen yesterday fitting a screen protector to my phone, and I saw 1:1 Mini on the TV before I got into bed :lol: 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Do the fixed timing motors come set to the sweet spot or are they slower than the adjuatable timing? You don't happen to know the amps it draws do you? I've always gone for adjustable timing as my first was and I've seen the difference the timing makes. However it is pretty much set and forget, so maybe fixed timing is the way to go

I haven’t had an adjustable timing motor so I wouldn’t know the difference?

I think the fixed timing is because of some racing categories restrictions. Brushless was all new to me when I got this and I like the simplistic idiot proof fitting of Hobbywing stuff. I did get a program box as well so I can adjust Hobbywing  ESC’s boost/braking etc which I figured is similar to timing. 

A look at the manual says, 

17.5 = 2200kv, No load current 1.5A, Max output 150W, C at the point of M.O.P 43A

13.5 = 2800kv, No load current 1.9A Max output 205W, C at the point of M.O.P 60A. 

No idea what that means but hope it makes sense to you 👍🏻

15 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

I was refereeing to this 

XRAY Hobbywing XRS Motor Justock G2 - 13.5T 309950.jpg

Mine doesn’t have the Xray stamp on but the rest looks the same. 

22 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

I haven’t had an adjustable timing motor so I wouldn’t know the difference?

I think the fixed timing is because of some racing categories restrictions. Brushless was all new to me when I got this and I like the simplistic idiot proof fitting of Hobbywing stuff. I did get a program box as well so I can adjust Hobbywing  ESC’s boost/braking etc which I figured is similar to timing. 

A look at the manual says, 

17.5 = 2200kv, No load current 1.5A, Max output 150W, C at the point of M.O.P 43A

13.5 = 2800kv, No load current 1.9A Max output 205W, C at the point of M.O.P 60A. 

No idea what that means but hope it makes sense to you 👍🏻

The adjustable timing is just loosening some screws on the endbell and rotating it, it moves the sensors around, or something. I set mine to 5.5 - 6amps no load which is a lot more and gives a lot more performance. I have a tuned Trinity Monster Max 21.5T with 3050kv

Its interesting if you can access a motor analyser. Small changes to timing can give big gains to kv or amps and above about 6 amps the current draw goes up but the kv doesn't so you just get more heat.

The ESC timing amounts to the same thing and of course is better as its dynamic, but I run all my race cars in blinky classes (blinky means no ESC timing, the ESC has a light that blinks which tells the race organisers you aren't cheating at a glance, you probably knew that though)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Took my MF-01x Beetle out for it's maiden run.  Sport Tuned motor and RWD only is super fun!  This is my first RWD on-road car so drifting and donuts is new to me in that regard. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Is this a Xray branded motor ? 

Amazing, if you want to sell it. Let me know. 

@Fabia130vRS Will do, I am not sure how expensive it would be to ship to Croatia but we will see. I have a few things to sort out on it and i need to run it to decide which buggy i want to keep :) 

37 minutes ago, 78Triumph said:

Took my MF-01x Beetle out for it's maiden run.  Sport Tuned motor and RWD only is super fun!  This is my first RWD on-road car so drifting and donuts is new to me in that regard. 

Ha! look at it go! I have a eavil thought of dropping a brushless in mine and just seeing what happens once my new tires are in. Oh and i should have it painted this week, picking up the materials for my booth today :)

• Like 2

Started on the lens painting, orange went on nice, red is a pain as usual, Using the paint retarder helps, but im gonna need a few coats more to really get good coverage. 

20190128_10083020190128_100909

20190128_100823

:)

• Like 7

Got confirmation from MCI that he's doing my Tamiya Bruiser decals in 1/16th! Woo Hoo!

Mini Bruiser! 

• Like 3

Did fly my new arrived micro copter Eachine E013, so much fun, 5-6packs so far, I am getting the hang of it. almost can fly a circle. But missing still a lot of confidence in maneuvering.

since I bought this model without FPV googles, I organized a trade, my old DSLR for a FPV monitor, VRX & VTX + 2x cloverleaf antennas. This FPV sistem is ideal for my 99$ drone build, making plenty of room for other components, even thought I only need a ALL in 1 esc and I can start the build... and this FPV monitor should work with the eachine micro copter. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Did fly my new arrived micro copter Eachine E013, so much fun, 5-6packs so far, I am getting the hang of it. almost can fly a circle. But missing still a lot of confidence in maneuvering.

since I bought this model without FPV googles, I organized a trade, my old DSLR for a FPV monitor, VRX & VTX + 2x cloverleaf antennas. This FPV sistem is ideal for my 99$ drone build, making plenty of room for other components, even thought I only need a ALL in 1 esc and I can start the build... and this FPV monitor should work with the eachine micro copter. :)

I don't understand any of that without pictures but am happy that you're happy ;)

57 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

I don't understand any of that without pictures but am happy that you're happy ;)

Think cute little quad motor drone that looks like a turtle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I put a receiver & an ESC (Mtroniks Sport 20) in my Bush Devil (with new 540 motor) & it did a few laps of the living room. Already I can tell I prefer the TBLE02S & TBLM01 16T i have on my Blackfoot 2016. It’s so much smoother & quieter, should be for the price difference, I might have to go shopping... 

• Like 1

I did some experimenting with a new piece of software today to see if I can use it to make custom driver heads in the future.  I'm encouraged by the results and plan to do another test soon!

The name of the software is Meshroom; what it does is generate a 3D model from a sequence of photographs you take of a physical object.  As a simple first test I took a cardinal figurine from my wife's curio and shot 33 photos at different angles and elevations outside.  After dropping the photos into the software, I kept the default settings and clicked "Start."  75 minutes later I had a full 3D mesh with texture mapped onto it; this was running on a Core i7 with NVIDIA GPU / CUDA.

In the image of Meshroom below, the left pane has my 33 photos in it.  The center pane has the current image shown.  The right pane has the generated 3D mesh and texture map; the program actually generated a mesh including the cardinal and the picnic table.  The bottom pane shows the process the program takes to make the model from the photos.  In general it looks for key features from each photo, matches those features, generates points in space, makes a mesh, filters it, and covers that mesh with a color texture derived from the original photos.

1-Meshroom.jpg

With all the processing complete I loaded the resulting file into FreeCAD; it includes a workbench for trimming meshes.  In this case I removed the picnic table data around the base of the figurine.

2-FreeCAD.jpg

Then I exported a .STL file from FreeCAD and loaded it into Slic3r to prep a gcode printer file...

3-Slic3r.jpg

And finally printed a smaller copy of the figurine!  I shot it with a quick blast of automotive filler primer because glossy black filament hides surface features.

IMG_3632.JPG

Close up:

IMG_3633.JPG

So, this first try worked very well and I immediately asked my son if I could photograph his head to make a custom driver figure of him.  I might put him in a drift car or a F1 car down the road.  I might also see if I can convince my wife and daughter to be photographed as well; then I'll do a drift minivan with all four of us in it!  Imagine our heads attached to jumpsuit torsos using pen springs, our heads bobbing around as the drift van skids around cones!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@speedy_w_beans thats amazing. Probably really easy for you, but I'm impressed.

Today I took the first balsa boat to a friends house. He lives on a 10acre block and it has spring fed ponds on it. Yesterday when i was testing it in a paddling pool I couldn't get the ESC calibrated ($20 Banggood job) and it kept doing weird things, mostly taking off across the paddling pool. The ponds have grass and mud around them so I figured "whats the worst that could happen, it'll just fly into a nice soft edge". Today the ESC decided to just stop working intermittently while the boat was in the middle of the pond. Thats the worst that could happen.

On the plus side the bits I made worked well, and I even got lucky with electronics placement as its really stable and gets on a plane quickly and flies when it is working. Now looking at a pile of leftover balsa and thinking how much better it would be if I fibreglassed it...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Went parking garage bashing with my friend and his F103.

amazingly stable and a good drifter my Xray, just a small insight

we also did fly our mini quads in the garage, no video unfortunately, but nice. Fpv gear in mail next week. Did also order a VRX with iphone support. For the eachine e013 :) also 5 new 1s 260mAh batteries will be orderd soon :) that would be approx 28min of flight time. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Went parking garage bashing with my friend and his F103.

amazingly stable and a good drifter my Xray, just a small insight

we also did fly our mini quads in the garage, no video unfortunately, but nice. Fpv gear in mail next week. Did also order a VRX with iphone support. For the eachine e013 :) also 5 new 1s 260mAh batteries will be orderd soon :) that would be approx 28min of flight time. 

That's pretty much what my XB2 looks like on carpet atm cause the tires are shot...lol. Car looks like a lot of fun :)

• Like 1

Reset my password and logged back in after months of not being on here. `:(

Also have a Tamiya Yaris WRC Bodyset on its way :), so looking forward to doing a full tarmac version soon :)

James.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, InsaneJim69 said:

Reset my password and logged back in after months of not being on here. `:(

Also have a Tamiya Yaris WRC Bodyset on its way :), so looking forward to doing a full tarmac version soon :)

James.

Welcome back! Looking forward to your upcoming project :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scipunk said:

That's pretty much what my XB2 looks like on carpet atm cause the tires are shot...lol. Car looks like a lot of fun :)

I like the sound of the 4.5T mod motor, almost like a drone passing by next to you :)

I believe the XB2 is a great car. Xray does make things nice :)

6 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

I like the sound of the 4.5T mod motor, almost like a drone passing by next to you :)

I believe the XB2 is a great car. Xray does make things nice :)

Yeah i ran mine for the first time yesterday and it love it, it's faster than my YZ2 but easier to handle which i find odd...lol 

I may not be able to part with it :P

• Haha 1