Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With my TA01 being rebuilt by @TurnipJF it has freed up some  time for an even longer delayed project to get underway.... I bought this HPI Jumpshot ages ago and immediately bought some  Integy parts... the first one has now been fitted..... an alloy rear gearbox.... I felt pretty brave to attempt this without a manual in front of me... I just took it all apart slowly and placed it in a line on the work mat so I knew where it all went back together... that lasted 10 minutes until I knocked it all over the place, then I ran out of space...  then I had to start switching the internals over and realised the replacement gearbox goes together totally differently to the stock one so I couldn't keep them side by side for ease of swapping lol.

I needed my wife's hep at one point to hold stuff in place while I lined up the rear arms to attach to the new gearbox.... it took all of 5 seconds with her help... pity I'd struggled for 15 minutes before that unwilling to admit defeat and get assistance :(

Anyway, long story short... it's done and works as before but looks nicer and will aid cooling... and looks nice too.... did I say it looks nice?

c8eOtSt.jpg

VHu4gXH.jpg

m6MGjSC.jpg

6Boo5R7.jpg

QKez4Ax.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

mz TA05IFS did get some love, as tomorrow it is supposed to compete against my friends TB04. New spur installed and a 32T lightweight pinion from team associated. Really really light it is.

and some carbon bling bling. ''lightweight'' part.

IMG-5423.jpg

IMG-5425.jpg

IMG-5426.jpg

• Like 4

Went to a hobby shop for static kits and trains, to get some paint. Ended up also getting the Tamiya screwdriver. Really looking forward to try it. I don't know how many others, non tamiya, I have bought not being pleased about em. 

IMG_20190130_224025_zpsgpyrgnxh.jpg

• Like 5

Ordered some wheels, tyres and paint to push my XV-01T build towards conclusion.

I reckon that I'm 80% there. I need to trim the body and paint - I'll be waiting for warmer weather for that.  A couple more decals are needed too for my intended scheme .

Added a battery and some steel pinions to get me into free postage territory :D

• Haha 1

I'm SO close to getting this Wild One runner done. 

Last night I got the Hobby King X-Car 45A brushed ESC installed, soldered on Deans connectors, along with the Flysky GT3C receiver. Dremeled off the mounting lugs and installed the basket/light bar and cranked everything down tight. Installed the roof section and tidied all the wiring up.  

Last piece of the puzzle is the Tamiya Super Stock RZ motor which is en route from RCMart.

Better photos once the motor arrives. 

83c16af3ca325d37e06c7760100f349f.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Black roll bar for BD

Some Bush Devil 2 bits arrived. 

I removed the broken grille lights on my Bush Devil when cleaned up the shell & peeled off the non Tamiya stickers.

BD

I also have some chrome stuff for another shell I’ve got in the pipeline.

I had my 1st proper drive of this a few days ago. Amazing.

• Like 2

I added some Euro plates to my Beetle.

39977435573_ed2b1df4b9_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

39977435523_54047294b6_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

Started making some faux door hinges for my TRX-4 Land Rover body.  I'm sort of indifferent to them, but I think painted body color they'll give the body some detail.  Only six more to make.

46942321221_1658f01094_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 8

1 hour ago, 78Triumph said:

I added some Euro plates to my Beetle.

39977435573_ed2b1df4b9_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

39977435523_54047294b6_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

Started making some faux door hinges for my TRX-4 Land Rover body.  I'm sort of indifferent to them, but I think painted body color they'll give the body some detail.  Only six more to make.

46942321221_1658f01094_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

Love it! Makes me not wanna finish mine now as your's looks so nice ...lol

7 minutes ago, Scipunk said:

Love it! Makes me not wanna finish mine now as your's looks so nice ...lol

Thanks man!  I'm tempted to buy another MF-01x kit, or another M-Chassis Beetle. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 78Triumph said:

Thanks man!  I'm tempted to buy another MF-01x kit, or another M-Chassis Beetle. 

Yeah the only other is that i think M03 one? it's not very good i wish we could get a hard shell regular beetle 

9 hours ago, Scipunk said:

Yeah the only other is that i think M03 one? it's not very good i wish we could get a hard shell regular beetle 

M04 and M06 are the chassis that can be bought still with the beetle shell.

• Thanks 1

...And if you are really lucky, the M-02L.

Personally I think that the M-06 is the best M-class chassis to put under a Beetle shell, as it replicates the full-size arrangement of having the motor behind the rear axle.

painted the colour coat on the wheel arch fenders for my bruiser even though it's around 0 deg here but the wifes trusty hair dryer came in handy. and played some records while i was painting them.

nearly dropped the piece of cardboard i am painting them on on the floor luckly managed to avert that just as well as i would have been very miffed if i would have done that. i need to buy a can of clear coat to finish them 

• Like 2

Assembled four GMade NR01 wheels with associated MT1903 tyres. Fun once I'd worked out a system. Fingers are a little sore now. 

Ordered some more decals for the XV-01T.

I ORDERED A BRUISER!

2ueqryc.jpg

I will hopefully be picking it up sometime next week :)

The build - that amazing, gorgeous, labour-of-love build - will not be for a long time, though, while I save up for at least a radio. I examined the Bruiser manual and it looks like I can make use of my stock of non-waterproof electronics, since that mechanism box looks rather secure and weather-resistant. Research points me towards the Futaba Attack 4YWD.

This is part of a big dream coming true for me, though :D I hope it will distract me from the personal problems I have been experiencing.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Swapped my recently acquired, near new, Avante 2001 wheels on to my 2001.

Now I have a surplus set of used, not bad condition 2001 wheels :)

The rear of my M-06 has also received some new blue bits. 

2019-02-01_05-58-08

Not at all necessary for the current power plant, but it should come in handy when I upgrade to 13.5t.

It also compliments the new blue bits I added to the front earlier.

2019-02-01_05-58-23

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Grastens said:

I ORDERED A BRUISER!

2ueqryc.jpg

I will hopefully be picking it up sometime next week :)

The build - that amazing, gorgeous, labour-of-love build - will not be for a long time, though, while I save up for at least a radio. I examined the Bruiser manual and it looks like I can make use of my stock of non-waterproof electronics, since that mechanism box looks rather secure and weather-resistant. Research points me towards the Futaba Attack 4YWD.

This is part of a big dream coming true for me, though :D I hope it will distract me from the personal problems I have been experiencing.

welcome to the bruiser family sir. you are absolutely gonna love the build when you get round to it i know i did love mine i spent a few hours on a sunday over a couple of months on mine. the mechanism box is not waterproof though it does have a rubber flap on the opening where the shift and steering rods pass through it. i remember when i picked up my bruiser from my lhs ....it felt i i won the lottery (not that i would no what that is like):lol: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Took a screwdriver to the Dual Hunter to check the inside of the gearboxes.

They look excellent, ball bearings and all, gears are fine. And a nice metal gear steering servo that is new the same price as I paid for the entire car.

I'm not going to give this car a full clean and rebuild at this point. Just a quick damp-cloth cleanup. Some new grease in the gearboxes while they are open.

Also the sealed Carson motors that are on the car have seen some abuse and overload, so I took a bamboo stick and a small screwdriver to the comms while running the motors off a bench power supply to clean up the comms from black buildup. That really helped, they run better now but with a small difference in RPM. Good enough for wat I want though.

To do list: A receiver, an ESC, shorter dampers by placing an insert in the ones that are present.
And she'll be good to go as an extra basher! :D

Edit: Steel pinions! These are Module 0.6 for a WR-01 chassis right?

• Like 1

Spent some hours working a couple of the mightiest RC off-road vehicles from the 80's decade... Got the last missing screws to get the Blackfoot gearbox going and now only one bit missing to get it running again! Would never thought one day I'd miss one of those bent bars that go front. For years I've had so many extras of those and now not even one, so no way to get the Blackfoot going :(

Also, I checked the Scorpion electronics to try and find what's missing to go out with it sometime before February (and our summer) is over.

5BZmutD.jpg

Thanks to my buddies Alan and @Cooltoys for the bits to try and get my truck complete again. :)

A look at the Scorpion :wub:

YxCGrTz.jpg

You all have a fantastic weekend! :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1