Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Made some progress with my M04 build... until I realised that I hadn’t bought the B parts sprue shared with the TL01. D’oh!

And I’d only recently had a decent sized Modelsport order...

So, now to reassess what I need for this build and anything else coming up and to decide whether to do another big order from Otley or pay the eBay premium for a single sprue.

I’m planning a red and white Giulia. Not sure which red to go for - PS2 red or PS60 Mica Red? 

I’m angling towards PS2 as it is an ‘older’ car rather than a modern vehicle like the La Ferrari. 

Took delivery of a beautiful Tyco Lamborghini 9.6 Turbo and couldn't help myself and tore into right away to check out the electronics and clean the dust off them. 

• Like 1

When looking for a daring non-boxart color scheme for the boxart disorder therapy truck, I decided to play it safe and go with something tried and proven, like Frog colors, because the original truck is all white-black-silver anyway... Just add pink. 

What a good plan that is, I told myself, can't go wrong with non-boxart boxart colors.

And then my wife walked in. 

"Hey, that looks like that truck you use to race... why are you building another one? And why are you painting it pink? Is this for someone else... Is it for ME?!" 

Yeah, well, I guess I was building it for her then, because she said so, and now it doesn't count as non-boxart because it really is not mine. Seems I scored no victory over OCBD again, but my wife has a Frog-colored race truck now. Unexpected as it might have been, that's an outcome I can live with. 

DSC_2423.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Submitted my entries for this year's Iconic Revival. Although I managed to forget something so am hoping it can be amended.

Also whilst in Asda I bought myself a drone - http://www.nikkoair.com/air-elite-115/ :D

Just a "toy" one, but for £25 it seems like a good starter setup.

• Like 3

Pretty much finished my (what was planned to be) budget TT01E build. 50 ish euro's delivered from tamico, no box but who needs that. Added most of the Tamiya hop ups so the budget part has gone out of the window!

20190209_162506.thumb.jpg.05fa669df7610cda354fc85a77704568.jpg

• Like 1

Fitted some sticky tyres to the D90. Just need some time to give 'em a whirl.

20190209_171829.jpg

• Like 6

Fitted my new roof decal to my Fat Fox, thanks to @ACCEL for posting me his one as I had ruined my own!

EqRYOJu.jpg

i8mMUsN.jpg

• Like 5

Then I cut out my Pandora Pulsar (Nissan) Sunny GTIR bodyshell.... not as good quality as Tamiya but ok

ffi2JwX.jpg

Should look like this when down... maybe a different colour... thanks to @TwistedxSlayer for the chassis build.. I finally got it out to progress now

kAEuNn6.jpg

YxoVMPP.jpg

OrwVzf5.jpg

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Bromley said:

Fitted some sticky tyres to the D90. Just need some time to give 'em a whirl.

20190209_171829.jpg

i have a set of wheel arch fenders for that if your after a set

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

got the last clear coat on my fender flairs for my bruiser for it to only gather up on the lips of the archs and look a right mess so i ended up haveing to scrap it all off all 4.

so i need to make a trip to my lhs to get a can of paint and start over again:rolleyes:

• Like 1

@Jason1145, I don’t think the 1:1s came in many colours other than black, white or red as standard. Perhaps a dark grey? Hoping you can make it something a bit more lively!

Going to need some wider hexes or bigger wheels?!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

@Jason1145, I don’t think the 1:1s came in many colours other than black, white or red as standard. Perhaps a dark grey? Hoping you can make it something a bit more lively!

Going to need some wider hexes or bigger wheels?!

So I'm hearing I can make a custom job by going a different colour... I like it!

You could be right about the wheel situation... want to try rally tyres but the stock TT02D Type S rear body posts aren't very tall, certainly not tall enough to raise the shell and give rally clearance as it stands... might have to use Tamiya extension posts.

6 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

So I'm hearing I can make a custom job by going a different colour... I like it!

I was going to suggest yellow but you've only just done the Fat Fox! Orange? Or copper like my Bowler?

The official rally gti-r was red, white and blue. ..

https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/HERITAGE/pulsargti-r.html

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

You could be right about the wheel situation... want to try rally tyres but the stock TT02D Type S rear body posts aren't very tall, certainly not tall enough to raise the shell and give rally clearance as it stands... might have to use Tamiya extension posts.

We got heaps of the GTiR down here as used imports (one benefit of liberal trade laws, we were one of the few countries taking used Japanese cars - i think we got most of the early EVOs too but unfortuantely we let them get painted in pink glitter paint). Anyway, commonly black, gunmetal, blue, red, white, a few purple which i'm not sure were factory but there were a few of tgem and the lightweight specials are a light biege colour

Keep it in theme with custom ones and get the orange/purple colour changing one

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, topforcein said:

i have a set of wheel arch fenders for that if your after a set

Thanks for the kind offer, I actually prefer the look of the standard wheel arches.

• Like 1

Finally after many weeks stuck in the USA ( with that horrible weather they have had!) My freqeskinz arrived at the door plus import duty to pay:angry: without getting political if this is the way things are going to be after March its going to be rather expensive times:unsure:?  anyway with a bit of patient's and a heat gun the end result is brilliant:D back in July last year when I decided to buy this rock rey after really thinking long a hard because it wasn't cheap but honestly its probably the best rc car I've ever had to bash since my savage 4.6 I had years ago!, this rock rey even on 2s is an animal on 3s its Insane but its Achilles heel is its rather expensive to hop-up but then I suppose all the different rock racers are probably the same because the hop-ups are generic!

20190209_125609.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, pininfarina said:

just complete decaling.

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-09 at 6.02.32 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-02-09 at 6.02.31 AM.jpeg

I almost thought u had a gp bike in ur gargae then:blink::o:lol:......looks awseome dude:wub:....the dude building the african twin is doing a garage scene....will post pics once hes done :D

I  been making sets of these:D

20190209_193643

Inner crap guards for the losi 5ive..B)..i  had to buy the original ones from Germany for 45 quid first though :rolleyes:....gonna do the metal eyelets in them  as per the lower one here then bang em out on ebay...face ache ect....:D

20190209_154800

• Like 1

Body posts cut down, just need to fill out the wheel arches with longer axles and hex's, sand the wheel arches and its done.....atleast until the massive power hike starts.

20190209_210747.thumb.jpg.57e8e446feb85ba7ff25f4c09ffa49f9.jpg

• Like 1

Went out to the garage to forage and found the TL01 B parts sprue I needed for my M04 build. Glad I hadn't ordered another one now!

• Like 2

Decals came in for my WPL C24 and I’ve painted the front brush guard. Although the 3D printed brush guard isn’t entirely accurate, it’s a nice tribute to its big brother. The MCIRacing decals are absolutely gorgeous, glossy, and a huge thanks to Nathaneal for re-sizing them down to 1/16. Working on the rear brush guard this evening. 

69f3c031e01a8a74a162a0ad0d846744.jpg

47d8f461fd28d4978976f8741083c517.jpg

• Like 2

Re-discovered a long forgotten known, Pandora RC bodyshell and decal sets aren't a patch on the quality of Tamiya ones!

Also discovered the Tamiya PS-46 iridescent green/prurple paint is quite funky... very light coverage even after emptying the whole can leaving the shell translucent and then it needs backing to show it off... I used black to darken it, pics later

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1