Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

orderd some good for my F103LM I am missing. 

1x Pair of Blue aluminium Jaz rider uprights

1 x Exotek Racing Aluminum Ultra Diff Housing For Tamiya F104 Blue #1435BLU

1 x Tamiya Differential Cap For Tamiya F104 #13450183

1 x Tamiya (#51349) F103 Mesh Wheel Set

and for my Fiat 1000TCR, I will paint the middle in bronze.

1 x Tamiya Volkswagen Golf Mk.1 Racing Gr.2 Rim Bag 4 pcs Silver Grey #19335209

also a new ocday 60A esc for my lunchbox.

and that is it for now.

I have also put up for sale two of my RC's a TA05IFS and a Losi Micro 1:24 brushless truck.

got something interesting planed if all sells :)

Painted a Pandora Bodyshell as mentioned earlier... useless decals which don't have cut lines to fit 3d curved surfaces... it's not my best for sure but the paint colour came out well... clear sparkle with iridescent purple and green (sorry @Jonathon Gillham I had the pink/gold one in hand but changed my mind)

ln33g7J.jpg

C8OBEJe.jpg

sb7HlM0.jpg

Z0u4cCR.jpg

jAB2K1h.jpg

ipv6CCF.jpg

hzQCJ90.jpg

aoloMLH.jpg

Just got the wheels and ride height left to fix then this particular project is complete

RqvZfb8.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Painted a Pandora Bodyshell as mentioned earlier... useless decals which don't have cut lines to fit 3d curved surfaces... it's not my best for sure but the paint colour came out well... clear sparkle with iridescent purple and green (sorry @Jonathon Gillham I had the pink/gold one in hand but changed my mind)

ln33g7J.jpg

C8OBEJe.jpg

sb7HlM0.jpg

Z0u4cCR.jpg

jAB2K1h.jpg

ipv6CCF.jpg

hzQCJ90.jpg

aoloMLH.jpg

Just got the wheels and ride height left to fix then this particular project is complete

RqvZfb8.jpg

Thats period correct, at least around here it is. BITD the purple/gold flip paint was the original and most sought after, but the green/purple was a close second. Is that just a standard Tamiya paint? I have seen some $30 tins and avoided them, but maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to dismiss them...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Thats period correct, at least around here it is. BITD the purple/gold flip paint was the original and most sought after, but the green/purple was a close second. Is that just a standard Tamiya paint? I have seen some $30 tins and avoided them, but maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to dismiss them...

That Tamiya can PS46 was about twice the price of a standard colour 

• Like 1

I happened to see a post on FB about a site that is selling the Top Cat Classic for about £155.

A few minutes later I seem to have ordered one.

Oops! Good job the box for those is quite small compared to a Tamiya kit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

That Tamiya can PS46 was about twice the price of a standard colour 

It may have been expensive but it was well worth it - lovely work. So much better than white!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After sanding down the 3d printed door handles I bought I finally got them painted and installed on my Land Rover.  This was my first experience with a 3d printed part.  Didn't really blow me away, a lot work to get them smooth with no ridges but in the end I was happy enough with the results.

40088448513_f9d1ef276a_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

Finished painting another driver who looks like Carl Sagan to me.

47001331492_c20326dd30_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

Made some simple windshield wipers out of stryene and painted them black.  These are going on the Land Rover too.

46329531194_737034356d_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

Productive day!

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

ln33g7J.jpg

C8OBEJe.jpg

Z0u4cCR.jpg

ipv6CCF.jpg

aoloMLH.jpg

RqvZfb8.jpg

being a lover of pandora shells i love this one and the colour really suits it. i have the same on my manta-ray shell.

but i would loose the decal of the bonnet though.:P

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

the colour on that shell is a can from specalist paints and i think it cost £14 for a 400ml can

IMG_20170502_154549.thumb.jpg.2debabcdcde62bdc3ec44f8f7023c2b4.jpg

• Like 3

Recently ordered 70 various 1150 and 850 bearings. Then discovered I actually had enough to build my M-05 chassis apart from the 4 850's for the steering linkages. Then felt like a champion so hit the Mountain bike trails for the afternoon.:)

6durllm.jpg

So the really good news is I will have 66 more reasons to get another kit at some stage :D

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Recently ordered 70 various 1150 and 850 bearings.

Thats one of the most satisfying things, ordering more bearings than you could dream about BITD!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Peter_B said:

I happened to see a post on FB about a site that is selling the Top Cat Classic for about £155.

Any chance of a link or hint? Not on Facebook so can't search on there. I'm assuming UK based as it £.. 😁

27 minutes ago, Grotty Otty said:

Any chance of a link or hint? Not on Facebook so can't search on there. I'm assuming UK based as it £.. 😁

It was indeed in the UK and was dms-racing.com

Although the offer was only running until midnight and they sold out of kits before then.

• Thanks 1

Purchased a cheapish WW2.

I’m hoping this will be nice enough to replace the one I regret selling. 

If not it will be sold and the search will continue. 

• Like 1

ordered a re-re hotshot and started doing some fusion 360 tutorials, which has helped immensely.

20 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

aoloMLH.jpg

RqvZfb8.jpg

Is that an FF chassis?

I think my new wheel and tyre combo might be a little too large for my XV-01T.

D7A50BBD-1AE0-4E65-AC0A-F89AEEDC273B.jpg

Ah well, they’ll go on a CR-01 instead, one day...

• Haha 1

Discovered that I somehow managed to bend the axle shaft on my Nissan race truck. Bent it down, too, of all possible directions. How did that happen? 

It is locked in position by the kingpin bolt, so it's not like it rotated or anything. 

Turns out two steering knuckles are about 70% of the cost of the entire Bag A, which in turn, if you figure in shipping, is roughly 30% of the cost of a new kit, which happens to be on special at one of the lesser-known suppliers right now. 

Since I'm budget-minded, I did the only economical thing and bought a whole new kit. And since it would be very uneconomical to tear open a brand new kit just for a single steering knuckle, I ordered a seperate Bag A as well. 

Then I tapped the bent shaft out of the knuckle and straightened it.

IMG-20190209-WA0001.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

I think my new wheel and tyre combo might be a little too large for my XV-01T.

D7A50BBD-1AE0-4E65-AC0A-F89AEEDC273B.jpg

Ah well, they’ll go on a CR-01 instead, one day...

Looks like a Tractor!

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Looks like a Tractor!

Now, if Tamiya did a Ford 4x4 tractor, I think I'd buy it! 

5B92B7B9-F8B9-461F-99F1-B648B8DF2FD2.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/10/2019 at 9:54 PM, 78Triumph said:

This was my first experience with a 3d printed part.  Didn't really blow me away, a lot work to get them smooth with no ridges but in the end I was happy enough with the results.

Look up acetone vapour smoothing, might be something you could look into to get a smoother finish with less hassle.

JWE_0468.jpg

• Like 1

Decided to strike while the iron was hot & attack the DT02 that arrived in the post today. Well if I didn’t like them before, I hate them now. How cheap & nasty are they?! I gave the chassis a quick once over fitted missing bearings, threw on some CVA’s and different wheels before then proceeding to spend an hour scrubbing the carpet where lumps of filthy gearbox grease had fallen out! 🙄

40101486213_6da67e3047_b.jpg

Also managed to spend a bit of time prepping one of my Bear Hawk shells for another coat of primer before I go and get the new colour mixed up 👍🏼

40101487023_8ee1edb29c_b.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, S-PCS said:

Discovered that I somehow managed to bend the axle shaft on my Nissan race truck. Bent it down, too, of all possible directions. How did that happen? 

It is locked in position by the kingpin bolt, so it's not like it rotated or anything. 

Turns out two steering knuckles are about 70% of the cost of the entire Bag A, which in turn, if you figure in shipping, is roughly 30% of the cost of a new kit, which happens to be on special at one of the lesser-known suppliers right now. 

Since I'm budget-minded, I did the only economical thing and bought a whole new kit. And since it would be very uneconomical to tear open a brand new kit just for a single steering knuckle, I ordered a seperate Bag A as well. 

Then I tapped the bent shaft out of the knuckle and straightened it.

IMG-20190209-WA0001.jpg

I like that kind of thinking.

Today I mostly drooled over 2.2 tires.  Duratrax Deep Woods & Proline Flatirons. Mostly.

• Like 1