Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Once you acquire a few various kits, bits and pieces its quite enjoyable mixing and matching different things to see whats possible, which is so much easier with actual physical objects in your hand than trying to imagine what 'could' be from reading product descriptions on a screen.

One project on the back burner simmering away is a Street Scorcher for me as I've seen many fine examples on here and in members Showrooms. This would also mean I could have both my Buggy Champ and Scorcher body sitting on seperate chassis's so both could be on display.

Ideally I thought a wheelbase of 245mm would be about right, but as far as I can tell one doesn't exist. So Modifications are needed either shortening or stretching something to fit. I did drop the Scorcher body on my TA02SW to see which wasn't to bad. But seems to work better on an M Chassis playing around as I found out today. Add some Porsche wheels and Bobs your Uncle. As my chassis is an M05 and will be used for the 2CV, a rear motor RWD would be more suited to a VW. Its food for thought at least anyway.

Come on M08 :). (The even number M chassis are RWD I believe).

ltmIGOC.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

Ideally I thought a wheelbase of 245mm would be about right, but as far as I can tell one doesn't exist. So Modifications are needed either shortening or stretching something to fit. I did drop the Scorcher body on my TA02SW to see which wasn't to bad. But seems to work better on an M Chassis playing around as I found out today. Add some Porsche wheels and Bobs your Uncle. As my chassis is an M05 and will be used for the 2CV, a rear motor RWD would be more suited to a VW. Its food for thought at least anyway.

ltmIGOC.jpg

If you can't wait for the M08, a SWB CC01 is 242mm...

Edit: and now I can see the picture on my phone - that looks great!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

Once you acquire a few various kits, bits and pieces its quite enjoyable mixing and matching different things to see whats possible, which is so much easier with actual physical objects in your hand than trying to imagine what 'could' be from reading product descriptions on a screen.

One project on the back burner simmering away is a Street Scorcher for me as I've seen many fine examples on here and in members Showrooms. This would also mean I could have both my Buggy Champ and Scorcher body sitting on seperate chassis's so both could be on display.

ltmIGOC.jpg

Whatever combination of kits that is it looks absolutely fantastic. Much want. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2019 at 6:43 PM, Jason1145 said:

Painted a Pandora Bodyshell as mentioned earlier... useless decals which don't have cut lines to fit 3d curved surfaces... it's not my best for sure but the paint colour came out well... clear sparkle with iridescent purple and green (sorry @Jonathon Gillham I had the pink/gold one in hand but changed my mind)

ln33g7J.jpg

C8OBEJe.jpg

sb7HlM0.jpg

Z0u4cCR.jpg

jAB2K1h.jpg

ipv6CCF.jpg

hzQCJ90.jpg

aoloMLH.jpg

Just got the wheels and ride height left to fix then this particular project is complete

RqvZfb8.jpg

This looks great Jason, the colour reminds me of TVR’s back in the late 90’’s 👍

• Like 4

8 hours ago, max69vk said:

Decided to strike while the iron was hot & attack the DT02 that arrived in the post today. Well if I didn’t like them before, I hate them now. How cheap & nasty are they?! I gave the chassis a quick once over fitted missing bearings, threw on some CVA’s and different wheels before then proceeding to spend an hour scrubbing the carpet where lumps of filthy gearbox grease had fallen out! 🙄

40101486213_6da67e3047_b.jpg

Also managed to spend a bit of time prepping one of my Bear Hawk shells for another coat of primer before I go and get the new colour mixed up 👍🏼

40101487023_8ee1edb29c_b.jpg

I was never keen the the DT02 but I bought one and ran it for a while and I grew to really enjoy it.

It was cheap, cheerful and a decent drive. 

It never broke either which was always a bonus! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

If you can't wait for the M08, a SWB CC01 is 242mm...

Edit: and now I can see the picture on my phone - that looks great!

Me too. M07R and M08 should be bought thsi year together with a M06. I think I will leave only 1 or 2 normal on road cars and sell the rest to own only  m chassis :)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Look up acetone vapour smoothing, might be something you could look into to get a smoother finish with less hassle.

JWE_0468.jpg

Yeah, I'm gonna try that on the next 3d printed parts I come across.  Would of saved me a lot of time! :)

finally after 3 months I finished my boomerang, put the decals on today ,in the end of the week I am give it a spin on the beach.

IMG_7007.JPG

IMG_7008.JPG

IMG_7010.JPG

IMG_7011.JPG

• Like 6

Not that much, just mounted some 3rd party option parts from Manobet on two of my Top-Force chassis. 

IMG_20190210_224042_zpsqpbrympv.jpg

IMG_20190210_224035_zpswkifouty.jpg

This is my first ever Top-Force build. It's built from a Terra Conqueror, I used the Manta Ray Frp conversion kit. 

IMG_20190210_224412_zpsw4dengl6.jpg

I thought it was important to have one on my runner also :P

• Like 4

Spent last night working on my Mini-Bruiser (WPL C24 Hilux 1/16). Options include full-metal upgrade, two-speed transmission, metal diff housings, and aluminum wheels.

ebc3c06f12df871f19b146981faed736.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bjorklo said:

Not that much, just mounted some 3rd party option parts from nanobet on two of my Top-Force chassis. 

IMG_20190210_224042_zpsqpbrympv.jpg

IMG_20190210_224035_zpswkifouty.jpg

This is my first ever Top-Force build. It's built from a Terra Conqueror, I used the Manta Ray Frp conversion kit. 

IMG_20190210_224412_zpsw4dengl6.jpg

I thought it was important to have one on my runner also :P

Those look great! Any chance of a link to where you got them? How much were they?

I started a new build. It’s not from a box, it’s from random bits. It’s orv based & all new. Still not certain how it’s going to end up but at least I’ve started. I’m currently thinking super brat. 

Diff built

Built the gearbox today. Also ordered the last few peices of the jigsaw, until I realise what I forgot to get. Nerdy late orv fact: the BD has silver dog bones & all the others have black.

• Like 2

Went to our man cave to start building a lexan shaper.

Build steps 1 make a air box

pretty happy with the result. Cant wait for some real test.

• Like 5

I was looking at clodbusters on a local trading site and found one dirt-cheap.

So..... It happened again, my father picked it up as he lives very close to the seller and I'll see it saterday when my patents come to visit. ^_^

For the prise that the seller wanted, it is either the steal of the century, or some spares for the bullhead.

• Like 2

Spent money on parts for a kit I don’t even have...yet!

Its a downwards spiral from here isn’t it 😳

Made a start on the Schumacher Cougar as well. Lovely build so far. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Prescient said:

Been touring the model shops again

k8lf586.jpg

Don't do it... you escaped and now your getting trapped again!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Don't do it... you escaped and now your getting trapped again!!!

No worries about that lol. It's nice to see them though.

11 hours ago, Prescient said:

Been touring the model shops again

k8lf586.jpg

Did you open any boxes? :D

• Haha 1

Warmed up nicely here today and the grass was running really well. After chasing the setup on my TRF211 for the last few days I just wanted to some simple fun so out came Ultra G. Such a bundle of fun this buggy. It's almost frustrating that this bag of vintage bits is one of the best handling cars I own! 

• Like 1

Did some rock crawling with the mn d91 Land rover swb and it didnt break! Did order some metal prop shafts for it tho. March will bring an alloy gearbox and some metal parts (maybe) or I may save for a cc01. I want cheap trail/rock abilities and not break the bank and i'm stuck between doing up the mn d91 as an alloy beauty or a tamiya. I must say the mn d91 is miles more robust than a wpl but youre kinda stuck with the body and I so want a Unimog. Decisions.....

Started a quick Wednesday evening Zakspeed build because I got home early, and got as far as painting the green sections. 

DSC_2449.JPG

• Like 4