Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1st proper Tamiya In forever, pack some parts to send to a TC member and gathered together my M38 ready to be packed and sent off for its resto.

Unbelievably my 13 year old daughter stripped down my recent WW2 arrival which was a lovely shared moment.

Just the gearbox and body to pull apart ready for a big clean up.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Ray_ve said:

Can I ask what you did with the tires, to get them so black and shiny??

Firstly I coated them in WD40 and bagged them for 24+ hours, then I sprayed them with silicone spray, and left them for a week. They are not usable tyres, too fragile for that, but look perfectly fine on the shelf

• Like 1

Been browsing eBay for a new project...

Also just realised that I posted the first reply on this thread 12 years ago :o

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

went from this

Super hotshot

to this

Super hotshot

just the body and decals to do. I will get a set of MCI Super Shots (as I did with my re-re BigWig)

• Like 9

Those super hotshots just look soooò stunning :wub:

I cut out my polycarbonate brat body. 1st time doing this. Probably shouldn’t of drunk the cider 1st. Im calling it a practice run. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After 30 plus years my Frog buggy is getting the fog lights in place.

lX3rf2j.jpg

VrEyBAf.jpg

My buggy got a Blackfoot battery door. You can see it from the sides, but only when the battery is not in place. Hopefully one day I will find the original color. The buggy is also missing one of the large golden screws to fix the main crossbar. That's another thing to look forward to... someday.

Y03lm3Y.jpg

A look at the buggy here:

HOA6htX.jpg

Rear end. Properly wide ;)  I got the rubber boots, I haven't installed them there yet.

iZU6SV1.jpg

Not sure what decal to use on the fog lights... yellow smilies or white/red KCs??

Special thanks to my buddies @Crash Cramer and @Cooltoys who kindly helped in making this one possible.

You all have a good week!! :)

• Like 11

Sold my TA05.

Fitted M05RA uprights to my M03.

2rq0z5v.jpg

and bought a small M chassis lot.

All together I would probably pay more for 1 cooper shell then for the all this together.

so maybe I even get my money back on some upgrades.

iggoc7.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mongoose1983 said:

After 30 plus years my Frog buggy is getting the fog lights in place.

lX3rf2j.jpg

VrEyBAf.jpg

My buggy got a Blackfoot battery door. You can see it from the sides, but only when the battery is not in place. Hopefully one day I will find the original color. The buggy is also missing one of the large golden screws to fix the main crossbar. That's another thing to look forward to... someday.

Y03lm3Y.jpg

A look at the buggy here:

HOA6htX.jpg

Rear end. Properly wide ;)  I got the rubber boots, I haven't installed them there yet.

iZU6SV1.jpg

Not sure what decal to use on the fog lights... yellow smilies or white/red KCs??

Special thanks to my buddies @Crash Cramer and @Cooltoys who kindly helped in making this one possible.

You all have a good week!! :)

I think either the yellow smilies or white KC’s will work on your Frog

• Like 1

I decided to continue & paint my Brat body despite to cut out being imperfect. Is the smell of Tamiya PS addictive?! I can’t get enough. 

Brat black

• Like 2

You know how your average amateur track always seems to have this one very solid large object near it that by rights shouldn't be anywhere near a racetrack, but nevertheless happens to be there anyway, like a lamp post, or gate, or set of concrete stairs? And how this is usually no problem, because it will be in such an odd spot that you won't ever manage to hit it even if you tried, like 2/3 down the main straight, way off to the left, waaaay before you enter the first turn? Where you really, really can't hit it, because you're going straight past it without the slightest reason to turn off to the left at a 45° angle, and in any case, hitting a 4" lamp post at wide open throttle is near impossible anyway? 

Well, I think I nevertheless managed to hit a 4" lamp post way off to the left of the main straight at wide open throttle. Which, it being a steel lamp post and the truck going rather fast, made so much noise it attracted everyones attention, causing reactions from total disbelief to roaring laughter and so much general confusion and amusement and distraction that half the guys on the track crashed their own trucks either into each other or various surrounding objects and the race was aborted. 

Today, I assessed the damage to the truck's front end and found that it was totally worth it. One tie rod, one knuckle, servo saver, shock tower. Cheap, fun racing does exist. 

DSC_2473.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Yesterday i pulled all 3x diffs on my losi5b and changed the oils..60k-300k-50k fr-cen-rear.:D....sorted the clutch bell/pinion problem...:rolleyes:..did engine mesh mod......and fitted a new cvd guard...:D..only took me about 6hr odds:o....

20190217_182956

20190217_17240920190217_19465920190217_21212920190217_215307

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Managed to get for 30€ a TBLE01S esc and a TBLM01 8T motor.

brushless-esc-01-tble-01s.jpg

Dont have a chassis for it yet. But I love it!

Atleast now u have geniune excuse  to buy  a chassis....:lol:..like a genuine  excuse is ever needed to buy anything rc related....:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, evssv69 said:

Atleast now u have geniune excuse  to buy  a chassis....:lol:..like a genuine  excuse is ever needed to buy anything rc related....:ph34r:

Not sure what to look for when placing a 8T motor.

But I am crazy enough to put it in my F103LM build. 

24fiwsy.jpg

I like to call it in front of my wife “the sculpture”. As it is displayed on the bedroom table next to a lamp, camouflage with the diffuser towards the wall so it does not look carish in the bedroom. Not a fan of rc in inappropriate places. But I like to have an eye on it when I think what to do next in rc or where is this chassis taking me because I dont need anymore cars, reality. So just for display, all missing parts for a complete chassis except tires will be in the mail soon. It will look great on the shelf with a tble01s. :D saving it for something better.

• Like 3

Feel very pleased with myself by recovering the lazy cell in my vintage shaped Lipo. One cell started not coming up to 4.2v so I let is discharge under my desk really slowly until the cell voltages matched for a while, then slowly recharged. And it worked! Both cells now 4.2v. I am particularly pleased as I am usually a complete duffer with electrics. As a bonus I have a full pack too, so looks like the Thunder Dragon will just *have* to get a run tomorrow 😁

• Like 4

I have a really tedious task I have to do but luckily keep finding more important things to do.  Well, more important right now, won't seem so important next Wednesday when I have to have this done by...but just had a major win with my sails for the Racing Sparrow.  Found the material from a RC yacht supplies place in Australia and since its for a hobby it wasn't cheap but what can you do?  Find it from somewhere else that isn't a hobby shop!  Rang a very nice lady to ask her about the sail material, I mean document preserving material, that she sells and luckily she gets asked all the time by RC yacht people so I know it works.  And 5m x 1067mm for the price of 1m x 600mm delivered.  So in theory I can make 8 more yachts.  Whats more likely is I have 9 attempts to get a decent sail and can only make 1 yacht.

Amazing how much extra we pay for stuff because its for a hobby.  Same thing happened with the aluminium tube for the mast - 2.5m for $8 vs 1m for $10 (I needed 1.05m, I wasn't really worried about $2).

• Like 3

Made a little progress on the back half. With 10mm fender flares most of the tire is covered up, at least close to an amount I can live with. 

IMG_20190218_193126.jpg

IMG_20190218_193436.jpg

• Like 10

Made some good progress with my M04 chassis today, corrected a couple of small errors. Photos to follow in a couple of stages time.

I have found this a really enjoyable build. There's something about the older M chassis and TL01 chassis I like as they come together, more than the TT02 I built last month. On the other hand, I enjoyed the complexity of the XV-01T.

That means the only way forward is an M07 or M07R....!

Perhaps after I have had a go at a CR-01.

• Like 3

Packed some parts to send to a TC member.

Sold the spare radio gear from the WW2 to another TC member.

Decided to use the MK2 Acoms Set I have in my SWB WW so this can be packed and sent off now for its restoration. 

I gave my 3yo boy a run on my Bush Devil in the park. He immediately drove it full power in to a fence post. Luckily the only damage was to the already badly damaged body. We then spent the next 30 minutes having a hoot driving round in circles and getting chased by dogs. This afternoon I went and picked up an ebay win = a new built King Blackfoot (yes my 2nd new built king blackfoot in 2 weeks) 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 9:02 PM, J@mes said:

I decided to continue & paint my Brat body despite to cut out being imperfect. Is the smell of Tamiya PS addictive?! I can’t get enough. 

Brat black

So the re-release Subaru Brat ha now a polycarbonate body instead of the hard plastic?

6 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

So the re-release Subaru Brat ha now a polycarbonate body instead of the hard plastic?

Actually, the new kit includes both type of bodies, the white hardplastic (which is pretty much like to the original one from 1983) AND the polycarbonate one. That way you can enjoy having your pristine untouched original-like hard body, and also bash the truck with the polycarbonate body. :)

• Like 2

Started painting drivers for a Monster AND Blitzer Beetles :)

Red one is mine, black for my buddy Alan:

ZfGy1gH.jpg?1

• Like 4