Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, Tizer said:

@Badcrumble Is that TL01LA suspension on the rear?

The parts bag number is TA-10095757 so I think they are the standard hubs but for some reason the plastic is greyer than normal and very slightly rough textured - I’m sure the hubs aren’t like my other TL01/M03/M04 hubs which are shiny black.

They were stored in the garage in the same way as all the other parts too.

Managed to find my remote and battery with charger for one of my first RC ever. A Tyco Rebound 4x4. I was very young then and this was amazing.

18yw5c.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

The parts bag number is TA-10095757 so I think they are the standard hubs but for some reason the plastic is greyer than normal and very slightly rough textured - I’m sure the hubs aren’t like my other TL01/M03/M04 hubs which are shiny black.

They were stored in the garage in the same way as all the other parts too.

The grey hubs are def. TL01LA or TL01RA or from the optional long arm conversion set for TL01 and TB01. All the same suspension, just different part numbers or kit numbers.

Much rarer (and nicer) than normal TL01 rear hubs which are exactly the same as M03/M04 hubs.

• Thanks 1

Nicotine orange

yesterday/ today PS37

PS37

Rattle can had the nozzle missing, 1st thing wrong with a Tamiya product I’ve encountered. Just used the orange one of course.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

Managed to find my remote and battery with charger for one of my first RC ever. A Tyco Rebound 4x4. I was very young then and this was amazing.

18yw5c.jpg

i think i have one of them in my loft somewhere that i brought for my son 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J@mes said:

Nicotine orange

yesterday/ today PS37

PS37

Rattle can had the nozzle missing, 1st thing wrong with a Tamiya product I’ve encountered. Just used the orange one of course.

Translucent Red over Translucent Orange? Looks amazing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topforcein said:

i think i have one of them in my loft somewhere that i brought for my son 

Yup, I intended this also for my son. But after the battery was charged, the car wasnt moving. Hard to remeber but I think that problem remained from the childhood years. Will open it tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S-PCS said:

Translucent Red over Translucent Orange? Looks amazing. 

Sarcasm? Hey I’m new to this be nice!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, J@mes said:

Nah, seriously. Looks stunning in that pic, I would love to see more photos when you're done. I wasn't aware that layering different shades of translucent paint was possible. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J@mes said:

Sarcasm doesn't exist here on TC... honestly... it's the only RC site that I've found 100% friendly in my last 3-4 years here... the fact we are all mostly returning to our childhoods means there aren't many ego's here... we're all too busy either managing our own health or still raising families to be bothered with that..well not in a nasty way anyway, only in a self derogatory self flagulation way... I agree the S-PCS, the two translucents look great in the finished red .. whether they are both translucents or not lol ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Sarcasm doesn't exist here on TC... honestly... it's the only RC site that I've found 100% friendly in my last 3-4 years here... the fact we are all mostly returning to our childhoods means there aren't many ego's here...

True words.

People here are quite friendly, I only seldomly encountered disputable language here like 

'who can paint my body'

'how do I paint my Willy'

and don't get me started about the person talking about 

'frontend stiffners'.

Or maybe that's just my crazy mind going into high gear! :blink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Sorry @S-PCS my bad, I misinterpreted the gist. Frankly it looks better in photos. I’m enjoying myself though, got some 2mm masking tape for curves and looking forward to the progress.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J@mes said:

But posting twice will get everyone after you :D

Only honest opinions on here and 99% are nice, even when you ask for criticism.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nobbi1977 said:

Haha! Not sure why that happened, quickly fixed it mind you

As you say seems like a good bunch on here 👍

• Like 1

Its because we are all too embarassed to talk about it in real life - especially if the subject of how much it costs might come up :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, J@mes said:

Just now, Nobbi1977 said:

Hay and fate would have it my iPad just did them same thing!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Put some shelves in the utility room as i realised i keep building cars but have nowhere to put them. Last space is for my grasshopper. As long as the other 3 NIB models stay unbuilt then im ok 😉

SZFE4ho.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Day off, so between doing stuff with the family, got the steering rack installed in the RR-03Ra, got a delivery from shapeways and managed to install a couple of the bits on the Thunder Dragon before giving it a run in the last of the light. Nice. 

21 minutes ago, graemevw said:

Put some shelves in the utility room as i realised i keep building cars but have nowhere to put them. Last space is for my grasshopper. As long as the other 3 NIB models stay unbuilt then im ok 😉

SZFE4ho.jpg

I dig that F150 🤠

Started to build the Bullhead just to found out that I've forgot to order ball bearings. :wacko: So this will be a very slow build for the next few days until the bearings are delivered.

19 minutes ago, J@mes said:

I dig that F150 🤠

Thanks, its a much modified brat/blackfoot hybrid. Its great fun. Even with a torque tuned in it the tlt tyres struggle for grip on short grass so it just constantly wheelspins and fishtails all round the garden. 

• Like 1

That’s my kind of fun. Love the driver, the stomp decal on the side and are those cc01 barrel springs? nice touches. 

Just placed an order with Modelsport for a Speed Passion MMM 13.5t motor and some connectors for my M-06. With the nice alloy motor plate and ballraced alloy steering fitted the other week, it deserves more than 27t brushed power.

I also ordered a Quicrun 10BL60 ESC for my FF-03 to replace the TBLE-02 that will move across to my M-06 when its new motor arrives.

Oh, and a chassis tub for my track TT-01 which has had an eventful career and could do with a refresh.

• Like 2