Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, graemevw said:

Yeah, all fun and games untill it dries/sets/cures!

Easy to wash off when still wet though.

There you go, finally a downside to today's LiPo run times... By the time you're thru the pack, it's too late. 

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

Got defeated by a Bullhead ( repair)

Tried to replace the broken trailing arm on my Bullhead and couldn't figure out how to do it... a Big E clip, a C hub and not being able to work out what's what certainly put me back in my place... back to the back of the queue when it comes to being an RC genius :(

Photis and a plea for help in due course by right now my little one is ill so I'm on other duty ;)

From memory remove the three 3x6mm screws on the tub end, then take the bottoms of the shocks off, then undo the two screws underneath on the inside of the trailing arm and a small piece should come out the bottom, then undo the three screws that hold the back plastic plate on the trailing arm and it should come off. Reverse to install.

Edit: hope your little lady gets better, sick kids arent much fun :(

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

And just wathed this, and been thinking, how would it be to make a remake with the M03 and M04

There is nothing more fun on the track than finding a driver/car that is competitively equal. I miss having a pedal on the track :unsure:

• Like 1

Not only did I finish my Blitzer Beetle I got my new race shell painted up, just need some more stickers and It's good to go!

It looks a little funny on those tyres, it's 'cos we race in a gymnasium  and we have to run 20mm wide Schumacher mini pins.

20190223_220903.jpg

20190223_220715.jpg

• Like 2

Made a run of flexible mudflaps for Hilux hard bodies, I got a few requests to sell so we'll see how that goes.

s-l1600.jpg

Also made some more progress on the Dynahead Dakar truck. Cab has been trimmed and is mounted, clears 114 mm tires on 1.9 wheels. More pics in Monster trucks section thread. Also, made some replacement headlight lenses from polycarb filament, pic for attention:

IMG_20190223_235435.jpg.16086b624b5fb02db8bb5cff4fb44f34.jpg

• Like 7

I made a start (and actually finished) a pet project I've wanted to try for a while now - a real wooden load-bay lining for my Jeep build:

i-rnddW7D-XL.jpg

More info. in my 'Daydream B'leafer' thread in Builds ;o)

Jenny x

• Like 8

Picked up a TA05 aluminum rocker arm set for my FF03 and installed it. Now only 4 parts are waiting for shipping. The aluminum front suspension mount, front stabilizer and rear stabilizer. 

IMG_20190225_025413.jpg

IMG_20190225_025419.jpg

IMG_20190225_030900.jpg

• Like 4

Packed my Wild Willy and booked the courier as it is off for its restoration by a very kind TC member. 

• Like 2

Been to our small garage tonight with two friends.

I did air pressure clean my M03, as it hasnt been cleaned since I got it.

before and after.

e0pcwi.jpg

14ah5yu.jpg

New tires and some hop ups will be in the build topic soon.

Here is a pictuer of my friends TB04, very blue.

3151w9h.jpg

And my other friends FF03 bone stock in build progress.

16gbqx5.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Who is the chosen restorer? Hope they do a thread on it!

Morning TJF!

Jonboy1 has agreed to take on the WW, having just completed 2 which is very kind of him.

Hopefully there will be a thread too 😉.

I’m really looking forward to it gracing my shelf next to my Sand Scorcher that you very generously rebuilt for me.

Simon 

6 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Morning TJF!

Jonboy1 has agreed to take on the WW, having just completed 2 which is very kind of him.

Hopefully there will be a thread too 😉.

I’m really looking forward to it gracing my shelf next to my Sand Scorcher that you very generously rebuilt for me.

Simon 

what's this now?

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tamiya ts-53 deep metalic blue.

Second time round with these wheel arch fenders for the bruiser. The first time the clear coat gathered by the screw holes and looked a complete mess so i striped the paint of back to bare rubber and in the process putting a few nicks in the surface so i ended up filling them and this time i am 95% happy with them so gonna have a go at mounting this week somtime. They do look black in the pics on my phone

IMG_20190225_160818.jpg

• Like 3

Ordered a Marui Big Bear polycarbonate body for frankenbear, and a Marui Samurai body, from our buddies at teambluegroove.

Still need to decide what color to do frankenbear. I'm thinking a PS-62 orange body, which is the color of our royal house, with big bear decals in  red-white-blue instead of the original yellow-orange-red.
Something completely out of my comford-zone, but for frankenbear that is OK. :lol:

Edit: ooooh PS-61 metallic orange!!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

what's this now?

:P

It’s my birthday present Jonboy!

It’s a big birthday this year as well 😉

So first, I bought a china venturi effect thingy for a esc fan. Well... so I thought mine was 30mm but actually my esc fan was 25mm. Bought then after a slidolodgy 30mm fan with alu body. 5.8V operational

voltage.

not a nice fit on the HK X CAR 120 esc. But does look cool.

k1auev.jpg

4hz2p1.jpg

aoorpx.jpg

29 minutes ago, Fabia130vRS said:

So first, I bought a china venturi effect thingy for a esc fan. Well... so I thought mine was 30mm but actually my esc fan was 25mm. Bought then after a slidolodgy 30mm fan with alu body. 5.8V operational

voltage.

not a nice fit on the HK X CAR 120 esc. But does look cool.

k1auev.jpg

4hz2p1.jpg

aoorpx.jpg

Looks like a bass speaker, big thumbs up ;)

1 hour ago, Ray_ve said:

Ordered a Marui Big Bear polycarbonate body for frankenbear, and a Marui Samurai body, from our buddies at teambluegroove.

Still need to decide what color to do frankenbear. I'm thinking a PS-62 orange body, which is the color of our royal house, with big bear decals in  red-white-blue instead of the original yellow-orange-red.
Something completely out of my comford-zone, but for frankenbear that is OK. :lol:

Edit: ooooh PS-61 metallic orange!!!!

I somehow lost my PS-61 can between the office and home... gutted... need to buy another one but seems a total loss now... pls make sure you don't lose yours!

I finally got to ditch the stock Traxxas wheels and tires off my Defender in favor for some GMade beadlock steel wheels and a set of narrower, less tall tyres.  I hated the stock wheel and tire setup, it never looked Defender-ish enough for me, and always reminded me of something some meathead would put on his jacked up truck. 

47210072861_44894cdd86_z.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

Assembled

46295685535_54eb646c5f_z.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

Before in monster truck mode:

39911116333_0069841273_z.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

Installed and looking proper

46295685095_22fb177b20_z.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 12

Dropped my M38 off for the courier to collect, it’s in its way to jonboy.

Will start to sell off the redundant radio  kit now and recycle the proceeds back into the remaining models I have and maybe a Super Champ if an affordable one turns up.  

Booked my middle daughter in for a bit more Tamiya time when she comes to stay next. 

The plan is to finish stripping the WW2 and clean everything up ready to reassemble. 

13 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

It’s my birthday present Jonboy!

It’s a big birthday this year as well 😉

But I thought this was your birthday present for me......:mellow:

• Haha 1

Ordered a 3100KV brushless+ESC, to see how that compares to a silvercan.
A 4300KV was too much for my DT-03 and destroyed it, so I'll try the 3100KV in Basherbear first. If succesfull, maybe get a second one and put 2 in the bullhead. Or move it to the konghead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1