Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

Snow patrol with the Defender.

47199762322_3113553e5d_z.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

Tire chains. This calls for tire chains. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, moffman said:

They look good👍thing is even on the real off roader the extended arches never look perfect they look more "purposeful" so it just adds to the authenticity and I'm liking what ya done to the bed.......very good😎

thanks very much for me colour codeing them made all the difference. and i remember what a pain it was in cutting the wood to fit the raised sections of the bed then all i did was clear coat the wood i did think of covering the entire bed but i wanted to still the paint so i opted for that instead. and thanks for the nice comments;)

cut out and painted my Super Hot Shot. Ordered the SuperShot decals (and Saint Dragon & Midnight Pumpkin as well)

• Like 1

Added df03 aluminum shocks to my dn01 and yet again pictures wont load

• Like 1

Hopped up a DT-02. Not sure why, but I think I just want to find out how far I can push the original design before the inevitable conclusion that a newer/more sophisticated platform design will still outperform it straight out of the box, and at lesser cost, too. 

DSC_2568.JPG

• Like 6

7 hours ago, S-PCS said:

Hopped up a DT-02. Not sure why, but I think I just want to find out how far I can push the original design before the inevitable conclusion that a newer/more sophisticated platform design will still outperform it straight out of the box, and at lesser cost, too. 

DSC_2568.JPG

I am not sure why, but I like the DT02, I have sold my DT01, and would like to own a DN01. I like the DT02 probably because it looks similar to a DN01 :)

• Like 2

Snapped a couple shots from the Bullhead in action yesterday

KiNiZgs.jpg

32cDDn5.jpg

And installed these new shocks onto the HPI Jumpshot just to complete the orange theme going on there.

iZ2rC9w.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

I am not sure why, but I like the DT02, I have sold my DT01, and would like to own a DN01. I like the DT02 probably because it looks similar to a DN01 :)

...which, of course, leads directly to the TRF201. 

(Anybody looking to unload their NIB TRF201? I didn't want one 30 minutes ago, but right now I do, exploit this temporary weakness if you're looking to sell) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Finished the toolbox I made from stryrene for my scale garage and started adding some more accessories.  Still have a long way to go, but its getting there. 

46346677555_4e9997d5d6_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 21

19 minutes ago, 78Triumph said:

Finished the toolbox I made from stryrene for my scale garage and started adding some more accessories.  Still have a long way to go, but its getting there. 

Once I finish my collection I will move to shelf garages :)

great looking work!

• Like 1

A few weeks ago I picked up this FF02 to add to the collection. It was very cheap and well worth the hours drive to collect it :) Anyway, I forgot to take a picture of it so here’s the box. 

D8DCA6E7-1161-421E-95FF-0193A09B8836_zps

I decided to strip it down earlier today because in all honesty it was well manky! With every screw I removed more dirt and stones fell out :lol: 

With the two chassis halves apart I found the gears had been stripped. 

9E391437-5C59-4591-A412-BE9B74731DED_zps

Luckily I have plenty of brand new gear sets for the early M chassis cars which also includes the FF02 :) With a new gear set fitted it was starting to look a bit better already. 

9B7AE33E-E96D-440F-8D58-FAF53402BC0A_zps

The previous owner (who’d owned it from new) had left the original plastic bearings fitted. That’s all well and good but he’d fried one of them so badly it had also melted a front wheel hex to the point I couldn’t get the wheel off! Cue lots of levering and trying not to damage the wheel. Unfortunately it wasn’t coming off so brute force was required which has knackered the wheel!

224C73CF-1B92-4A1A-851B-6EA423356135_zps

After replacing all the knackered plastic bearings with metal bearings I had a rummage and found another set of wheels to chuck on for now. They came on a rolling chassis I bought and they look terrible :lol:

BE7128B0-5DD3-4671-8F08-1EB212FFF483_zps

5B323A84-76F3-4F9B-85AC-A44CB8F6F6A4_zps

That’s it for today. It’s gone back in the box and I’ll have a think about what to do with it :)

• Like 5

I popped over to Worksop to see the last round of the Schumacher Indoor Masters series, to have a poke around and see what I'd need if I were to have a go next season. Looks so fun! They race in a sports hall so it's low grip and the cars get pretty loose!

20190303_130436

I watched 4wd, 2wd and the vintage heat. There was an Egress and a Top Force

20190303_133737

The Egress do NOT look happy. Tottering around with what looked like very little grip. The Top Force was a weapon though. Moved incredibly well. Lap times wouldn't have been too bad in open 4wd! 

It's a busy race and there were loads of race buggies all over the place. Was really cool to have a look at them all. Looks like one of my TRF buggies would be OK for 2wd, but I'd need a transponder which isn't cheap. Still a bit undecided if I'll have a go next winter, but if I can stump up for a transponder it looks like a fun way to spend a wet winter Sunday.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

@Sammo Ooooo, jealous of that 306 shell. Would love one of those.

I’ll get the shell out of the box and take a picture later. It’s not the best but I’ve definitely seen worse. 

• Thanks 1

Ordered a set of TRF dampers (42101) for my TT01e build. They cost twice as much as the non boxed chassis kit I got from Tamico!

I'm doing this build for a bit of fun to see how far the chassis can go, will never race it, but may do some speed runs in time.

So far it's had.....

Adjustable upper arm set

Metal motor mount

High speed gear set

full ball races

Hobbywing 10 ish turn motor and ESC

Aluminium prop shaft

Motor heat sink

Savox low profile servo

Also have the option of rally blocks with a Subaru body, or Sorex slicks with a proline TC body 

Currently set up for 2S Lipo

Anything else I can waste my money on? Universals?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

@Sammo Ooooo, jealous of that 306 shell. Would love one of those.

CFA7A6FA-EB83-41C7-8A90-90E760C33CD6_zps

1D5291FA-8D79-4F59-8C9F-5956A2DCAD7F_zps

2469C071-8019-4950-AB75-FAC5865BA85D_zps

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

What is the scale of the model car in your model garage?  Uh... I mean, the RC version in you RC garage... I mean, the orange one with number 44.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1:100... if modelling a 1:10 scale car in a 1:10 scale garage.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Juggular said:

What is the scale of the model car in your model garage?  Uh... I mean, the RC version in you RC garage... I mean, the orange one with number 44.  

Lol, I’m not sure of the exact scale but it’s a Johnny lightening die cast I bought prob over 10 years ago.  It’s definitely smaller than 1/64 scale but not quite as small as HO scale.  

• Thanks 1

Bought a little 1:43 short course truck for indoor use. I couldn’t resist it. The small controller is great for my son’s little paws.

A shame the steering isn’t proportional but what do you expect for £7?! I think the batteries cost more than the car!

It has some give in the tyres and there are springs at the front for ‘suspension’.

BDCC1895-8588-4AB7-981D-6C3EF2EB4AFE.jpgm

We’ve had fun jumping doorway thresholds and slaloming round boxes!

Hopefully he’ll enjoy his Dual Hunter a bit more then next time we run it.

I went for a 2 mile trail walk with the Defender. With a fresh 5000 mah lipo it made it a mile and a half through snow. I couldn’t help think about the old nicad days and five minute run times.  🙂

33394297988_36c31d39b5_b.jpg46546686724_3f5688a569_b.jpg47219612662_befa213a7c_b.jpg

• Like 10

Been trying to make a rear defuser for a top speed project (ff03) 

you guys think this will do anything? 

BED206AB-6225-4F3C-9E8E-209CBA2CB3FC.jpeg

It’s not finished yet by any means 

• Like 2

Today I made a start on the great game of Swapperoo that I have planned for five models in my fleet.

The first model to have its swaps completed was my FF-03, which gave up its TBLE-02 ESC and gained a 10BL60 in its place. The performance improvement is quite significant!

The second was my TT-01 drifter which gave up a fixed length link between servo and steering rack, gaining a nice DF-02 style black steel turnbuckle with anodized blue trim in its place.

The aforementioned black steel turnbuckle was donated by my TT-01 track car which received a silver steel turnbuckle in its place. This car has a few more silver finish upgrades planned as part of its refresh, so it isn't done yet. 

Next to receive some attention was my M-06, from which I removed a Mtroniks brushed ESC on preparation for fitment of the TBLE-02 that came out of the FF-03. This will go in when I receive a sensor cable for it, hopefully in tomorrow's post. 

• Like 3

On 3/2/2019 at 6:58 PM, S-PCS said:

DSC_2568.JPG

I like DT02 too.  It certainly is simpler than DN01.  But with some stiff grease in the diff, DT02 is a good runner.    

How are the sway bars?  

today i have ordered some universals for my tt02, and for the next few weeks i will painfully wait for them to arrive. so what have you all done today?

also,

10 hours ago, Sammo said:

BE7128B0-5DD3-4671-8F08-1EB212FFF483_zps

5B323A84-76F3-4F9B-85AC-A44CB8F6F6A4_zps

That’s it for today. It’s gone back in the box and I’ll have a think about what to do with it :)

i couldn't help but notice that gorgeous alfa in the back. it looks so good! can i ask what wheels those are? they beautifully match the body.