Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got as far as I can with the YJ today - it's weathered, it runs, and the lights work - but unfortunately I need to buy a battery extender cable to make it do it all together!

I'll update my build thread and Showroom shortly... in the meantime, Ozzy says "No Photos!", well, ok then - just the one... ;o)

i-J3dm24x-XL.jpg

Jenny x

EDIT. Showroom and Build thread now updated: https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/88160-ebayj-aka-daydream-bleafer/&do=findComment&comment=745296

• Like 17

Seems to be a day of getting stuff done all round  ;)

Apart from some wheels I have coming for the 2CV the body's finished.

As this was gratefully bestowed upon me by the fantastic TC Community votes I thought it only right to give it a bit of a special paint job :)

Once the wheels turn up I'll get it into the showroom.

yWisPRF.jpg

TQ0t9RK.jpg

• Like 24

My goodness, that's a clever design!  (lol... I also like those headlamps!)  

3 minutes ago, Juggular said:

My goodness, that's a clever design!  (lol... I also like those headlamps!)  

Ta Bud, I thought it more fitting than the 'Hairdresser's car' box art. And a bit of attitude with headlights ;)

• Haha 1

Started installing this on my Land Rover.  Really nice quality kit and it installs really cleanly.

33437634558_f6668d9873_z.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 3

Spoke to a few TC racers, one is Patrick, he won last years croatian finals 1/10 TCE, the other is Dario a club member and national champion in 1/5 ICTC races.

I spoke to them about getting into 1:10 TC racing, in 7months is the last national race this year and me and my buddy want to attempt te last race for a first touch in TC and RC racing in general. Talked about rules for this year and xray’s winter series.

I own a Xray T1FK05 and the rules are Hudy type A 36shore tires and 13,5T stock motora in blinky mod. 

I am not much of a expert neither is my friend who wants to try it with his TB04.

I am very excited, not so much about the race but everything in general. Very friendly environment, lots of informations you are keen to hear. It feels amazing, even better would be to attempt F1 racing in the 21,5T stock class this winter and travel a little bit to slovenia and italy. :) 

If there are only 4 races driven from 11/2019 to 02/2020 why not. Also I get to travel and see places and people with similar interests.

Who can relate?

• Like 1

Finally finished Monster Beetle teardown, clean and reassemble, removing 30 years of grit!!

IMG_1458.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

• Like 11

Received, built and fitted my first set of TRF shocks. Seem good quality, first try tomorrow, weather permitting!20190308_183958.thumb.jpg.8022c4a6284f587e2e3d5501a8403762.jpg

• Like 6

Got my Brat shell finished. It’s been a learning curve & the result bears the blemishes to prove it! It’s going to get driven so I don’t mind the overspray wonky cutting creased decals and other flaws. Looking forward to getting it mounted & running oh an in the showroom 😉

Brat

• Like 15

2 hours ago, J@mes said:

😉

Brat

A-we-so-me color. I'm going to commit some more paint job piracy and try some of your translucent orange mixing after I'm done with the Grastens' Theme. 

• Like 2

Thanks @S-PCS . The gold makes the difference & I love it, credit is due to @jonboy1 I saw he used translucent red over gold on a monster beetle & I ran with the idea (albeit with orange and on Lexan) 

• Thanks 1

I rebuilt the rear differential in my DF03, using the all metal diff housings that are normally found on the front diff only.  Hopefully it's not too loose although it feels nice in the hand.

I also started work on a DB01 chassis that I've had kicking around in pieces since I bought it years ago from Ebay.  This is a totally different build experience for me - race proven, belt driven, traditional layout, not very Tamiya at all.

All I've done is stripped, cleaned and rebuilt one diff so far.  I started the other one but thin strips of material came away from the pulley, like layers of cheese strings.  I figure I need a new pulley.  Looking on Ebay there's a ball diff pulley (53988) and a one way pulley (54023) .  They look the same to me, but what do I know?  Is there a difference between the two?

Actually, I think I've just spotted it!   The hole in the middle, right?

• Like 1

More ORV stuff for me today, a King Blackfoot got its electronics from the last century swapped for some new stuff. A TBLE02 and FS-GR3E & this things popping wheelies in the living room. It’s also the first time the servo covers been fitted.

Credit to the previous owner the things immaculate and came with bearings but I’m going to have a look in the gearbox because the friction shocks were greased with what looks like hot glue from a gun. 

KBF

• Like 2

Bid on a Durga and immediately regretted it, I was just interested in what the autobid was and sort of accidentlly beat it. If I get it it is a bargain (although it doesn't work and my wife won't understand how a broken toy car could be a bargain). Its only 2.30 in the afternoon so I can't even claim the beers did it, although I have been watching cricket simce 10.30 so could claim it was the beer that I should have had...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Bid on a Durga and immediately regretted it, I was just interested in what the autobid was and sort of accidentlly beat it. If I get it it is a bargain (although it doesn't work and my wife won't understand how a broken toy car could be a bargain). Its only 2.30 in the afternoon so I can't even claim the beers did it, although I have been watching cricket simce 10.30 so could claim it was the beer that I should have had...

I saw that and it looked to be in decent shape and with a brushless setup.  I kinda regret not bidding on it since it went for only $150 but I've told myself I have to get a CC01 before anything else.

• Like 1

Well...I've gone and done it and I've finally bit the bullet. 

I'm building an Avante.

• Like 7

Went driving with my other club memebers that race in the large scale class. They brought two of their new 1/4 petrol rc rally cars.

It is amazing. And for 1700€ so is the price hahah

also first damage. Front left shock and lower carbon reinforced arm.

expensive car but cheap parts. A pair of lower carbon reinforced plastic arms is 20€, a pair of dampers 9€

whfq5f.jpg

34gq104.jpg

Also I had some fun with my Xray, I have drivin it by yet only in blinky mod. Today I have set turbo options on 15degrees and no delay.  first two rounds I had a problem the esc kept going of, basically the capacitor had a problem. As soon a disconnect all fine. I first thought it was a timing issue with the motor and lowerd the motor timing to 0 on te motor itself. After I found out it wasnt the timing setting, I turned the timing to 25 on the can. Motor temperature with 7,98fdr was only 50celzius.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Blista said:

I saw that and it looked to be in decent shape and with a brushless setup.  I kinda regret not bidding on it since it went for only $150 but I've told myself I have to get a CC01 before anything else.

Yeah I regret it too, especially since it was rtr including a lipo and charger. But relieved at the same time

The great game of Swapperoo continues!

This time my TT-02B had a turn on the workbench, having its stock kingpins swapped out for lightweight hop-ups.

2019-03-10_06-38-50

(The above photo makes me realise that I should do a better job of cleaning my chassis prior to photos - it looks fine to the naked eye, but the flash really highlights the dust!)

The stock kingpins are going to find their way onto a project that I have been wanting to try for a while now - a 4WS M-03!

2019-03-10_06-38-38

I also swapped the motor on my FF-02 for the one that came out of my M-06, but no point in a photo there - they look identical. The replacement just has fewer miles on it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TurnipJF said:

The stock kingpins are going to find their way onto a project that I have been wanting to try for a while now - a 4WS M-03!

I bought a second hand TL01 which had those lightweight kingpins. Well, just one of them!!!

Looking forward to the build thread on the 4WS M03. My imagination is going into overdrive! 

Melted lead, made a keel bulb. I really hope this one works as the mould broke and they take about a month to make since they have to be perfectly dry. Its not perfect but is about 100g heavier than it needs to be so I can file it to get a better shape. 

• Like 2

Painted yet another Nissan Titan body, this time trying out something along the lines of the famous Grastens' Theme.

I'm pretty impressed. 

DSC_2615.thumb.JPG.435df8599630ec34f0fc42df72282520.JPG 

Now I'll just have to assemble a chassis for it. One with black wheels. 

• Like 20