Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's a Bullhead / Clodbuster day today!

Firstly.... cut n fitted the Jconcepts GMC shell.... very thick lexan..... it looks pretty much like a Clodbuster now!

http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/1982-gmc-k2500-traxxas-stampede-tamiya-clod-buster-body

tw4Cr1A.jpg

Then my CPE Clod wheel extenders arrived from the USA.... with extra customs fees to pay.... I must stop buying stuff from USA it becomes uneconomical with the Royal Mail handling fees on top!!

Cc7oKwQ.jpg

This wee lil button screw with it's hex head will now hold the wheel on in place of the wheel lock nut..... we'll see.

ey0LZmF.jpg

These adapters replace B5 and gain some extra width to hopefully stop it rolling over as much... that's the theory anyway

IplEY4d.jpg

And lastly.... thanks to @Shodog for the paint idea, I went with a lighter silver than his to try and lighten the overall effect.......  it's dark now so need to see how it looks in the daylight

uRKviHB.jpg

9s9XdtY.jpg

xvub9lH.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

And lastly.... thanks to @Shodog for the paint idea, I went with a lighter silver than his to try and lighten the overall effect.......  it's dark now so need to see how it looks in the daylight

9s9XdtY.jpg

xvub9lH.jpg

that colour looks great jason and in the sun/light will pop;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, topforcein said:

that colour looks great jason and in the sun/light will pop;)

Thanks Topforce, it actually came out as good as your old Mini shell you sold me in a similar red ;)

I got a hood blower to fit as well and looking at rollbars now.... funnybutcwasxsupposed to be a basher shell but it's getting the treatment!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Thanks Topforce, it actually came out as good as your old Mini shell you sold me in a similar red ;)

I got a hood blower to fit as well and looking at rollbars now.... funnybutcwasxsupposed to be a basher shell but it's getting the treatment!

funny how a shell can turn out like that that happens to me more often than not and i can't bring myself to bash it after esp seeing i never do a "boring" paint scheme then it ends up being a shelfa:lol:

• Haha 1

Got my re re egress to slightly beyond a rolling chassis.

I don't reaĺly want to finish it, its been fun!

20190322_224201.thumb.jpg.c7b46763c86476256ce789a5e5d48b12.jpg

• Like 12

Swap your front wheels left and right, Egress wheels are sided.  ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J@mes said:

finished my heavy dump... what a relief 😅 

:lol: I must admit, I pushed through to get it over with... But it was hugely satisfying when it was done!

Truth be told, was a bit of a messy dump though...

1p4kwPR.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My Crawler Cornetto Trilogy is complete, having finally finished my new driver for Desmond this evening...

i-RQd3dMt-XL.jpg

Time for a little rest from RC now...

Jx

• Like 10

5 hours ago, Thommo said:

Swap your front wheels left and right, Egress wheels are sided.  ;)

Oops! I just wanted it on its wheels, didn't check that!

Had a little tinker this mo before leaving for work.

Put the WO bumper on the GH and will swap the motors over this weekend as well.

The GH is then ready for collection by the new owner.

As the WO needs the least time to get it how I want I’m going deal with this model 1st. 

10 hours ago, nellyle said:

Got my re re egress to slightly beyond a rolling chassis.

I don't reaĺly want to finish it, its been fun!

20190322_224201.thumb.jpg.c7b46763c86476256ce789a5e5d48b12.jpg

I have always wanted this kit back in the 90s. But I was a 2wd fan so I bought the Astue instead and modified it with a top deck on the chassis to stiffen it and rotated the battery's position. That was even before the Super Astute came out.

Nice build by the way. Slow build is always fun. :)

IT came out a bit too light...... next time I'll go with a darker silver or grey to darken the red.

The RPM Hood Blower is great tough, it details how to enhance the look by scraping off the silver on the belt to reveal the black underneath.... next time I will mount one of these on a flat bonnet!

fDDN3mM.jpg

oAmpzfu.jpg

TMy1wtI.jpg

Edit: Did I mention what a faff it was to switch between the Bullhead bodyposts to the Clodbuster bodyposts?

It was a right faff!

Atleast now I can have two looks on the one chassis.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Ran my SCB, almost broke nothing, but got everything really dusty. 

IMG-20190323-WA0016.jpg

IMG-20190323-WA0013.jpg

• Like 9

Electrics on place ready for soldering tomorrow. Also got the body wing and undertray ready for painting in the morning. 

20190323_200718.thumb.jpg.f2c49f37f384810940ab8d4773a6be59.jpg

• Like 5

Taped a cheap light set in to the King Blackfoot. Love the illumination... photo overload! 

KBF lights

KBF lights

KBF lights

KBF lights

Totally chickened our on drilling holes for the brake lights 🐔

• Like 5

On 3/22/2019 at 2:39 PM, ThunderDragonCy said:

Afternoon off because I am working tomorrow. Ran this for the first time in months. 

20190322_155250

It is so sorted. Handling is spot on, and so nice to drive. I have missed this shell too. One of my favourites. 

This thing is so 80s- 90s it's amazing 

• Like 2

Ran the Ultima today with the Surpass V4S and the new Toro 120a ESC. I'm impressed with the ESC, so easy to calibrate and it works well. Bang for buck I think it would be hard to beat. Hard to say how fast the car was as there was nothing to compare it to, but it came off cool so there is room to gear up. Tempted to swap my other Surpass motor into the Lazer to replace the Orca Blitreme, these Surpass motors are looking good.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

IT came out a bit too light...... next time I'll go with a darker silver or grey to darken the red.

The RPM Hood Blower is great tough, it details how to enhance the look by scraping off the silver on the belt to reveal the black underneath.... next time I will mount one of these on a flat bonnet!

fDDN3mM.jpg

oAmpzfu.jpg

TMy1wtI.jpg

Edit: Did I mention what a faff it was to switch between the Bullhead bodyposts to the Clodbuster bodyposts?

It was a right faff!

Atleast now I can have two looks on the one chassis.

A rollbar with spotlights would transform the look of the body. 

I have a couple of new in pack black clod F Parts if you wanted to get rid of all the yellow for £20.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scipunk said:

This thing is so 80s- 90s it's amazing 

It's actually 80s-90s-2010s. There's a DT03T chassis under there. Proper handling, old school looks. I love the Grasshopper2 and Thunder Dragon bodies, which means my favourite RC car shells are two of the least popular in history! 😂 Decals are based on the "dress up" decal set you can get for the Grasshopper2 Jnr. I scanned them and adjusted for the 10th scale and sent them to MCI Racing. These are custom colour, but all three options are on there in f you want a d in fferent look for your GH2 of Mad Bull. 

• Like 3

Having recently replaced my glitchy servo in the Javelin it got thrown about a bit today after work. I think the servo saver got clogged up with dirt and wasn't doing what it was supposed to. All seems well again now.

kNNlN4Q.jpg

pGup9Pn.jpg

wsVHj6A.jpg

Edezuei.jpg

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Having recently replaced my glitchy servo in the Javelin it got thrown about a bit today after work. I think the servo saver got clogged up with dirt and wasn't doing what it was supposed to. All seems well again now.

kNNlN4Q.jpg

pGup9Pn.jpg

wsVHj6A.jpg

Edezuei.jpg

Do you have someone with you taking the photos or are you doing the driving and phototaking at the same time?  Those are some great shots either way, but even more impressive if you were multi-tasking with camera and transmitter!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 78Triumph said:

Do you have someone with you taking the photos or are you doing the driving and phototaking at the same time?  Those are some great shots either way, but even more impressive if you were multi-tasking with camera and transmitter!

Cheers Mate ;)

All done by yours truly. I do get carried away taking photos, since I discovered 'Burst' mode on the iPhone I was like a kid with a new toy :D

I use a Futaba 3PV Transmitter, the steering wheel is a bit closer to the trigger than my Flysky Tx so is much easier to drive left handed while Taking pic's with the phone in the right. I'm am right handed but about 50/50 ampedextruse when the need arrises. I might take in the region of 50 to 100 photos then just delete and cull when I can see what came out good and what didn't on the bigger screen at home. I find up to half throttle gives a decent action shot.

The photo taking also inadvertently helps to break up running a car continuously til' the battery is done :)

• Like 2

In preperation for soldering, painting and stickering up the Egress later I've given my man cave a thorough clean up, even hoovered!

Need more shelves....

20190324_103746(0).thumb.jpg.f918caa270cedd0811f1daac1a7ecca8.jpg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Prescient said:

A rollbar with spotlights would transform the look of the body. 

I have a couple of new in pack black clod F Parts if you wanted to get rid of all the yellow for £20.

I think a rollbar is on the cards too but I like the yellow cheers though ;)