Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Added a dolls head to my Daughters pink Madbull, she is delighted. Seen a Madbull in the Beach Basher thread with it done and had no option but to show her.......away she headed to find a suitable doner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Found a minutes yesterday to swap the last bits over on the out going GH2.

This morning gathered together the parts for my Wild One, so I can decided which, esc, motor, bumper and wheel options to run with. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Cheers Mate ;)

All done by yours truly. I do get carried away taking photos, since I discovered 'Burst' mode on the iPhone I was like a kid with a new toy :D

I use a Futaba 3PV Transmitter, the steering wheel is a bit closer to the trigger than my Flysky Tx so is much easier to drive left handed while Taking pic's with the phone in the right. I'm am right handed but about 50/50 ampedextruse when the need arrises. I might take in the region of 50 to 100 photos then just delete and cull when I can see what came out good and what didn't on the bigger screen at home. I find up to half throttle gives a decent action shot.

The photo taking also inadvertently helps to break up running a car continuously til' the battery is done :)

Impressive skills!  "Burst" mode!  I never even thought of utilizing that funciton!  Well done, mate!

Finished! Apart from the motor wiring, that can wait.

Didn't use all the decals, but I've not gone box art, so not too bothered about that.

20190324_152415.thumb.jpg.825aac4bd5cc1602cd07af4711951ddb.jpg

• Like 14

My latest transmission project - a bespoke version of the 3 gear layback (short laydown) transmission I have available on my CTE RC Shapeways store. 

Tamiya TRF211 3 GEAR LAYBACK. Using FF03R motor plate and cover, CTE RC transmission cases Tamiya TRF211 3 GEAR LAYBACK. Using FF03R motor plate and cover, CTE RC transmission cases 20190324_135240

As you probably know from my posts, I use mine away from the track on grass a lot. The laydown I had before is undoubtedly incredibly fast on high grip tracks, but it's a bit unfriendly with the handling if the grip is not so high. I wanted something a bit friendlier with a wider "sweet spot" and this seems to be it. I also need some pretty good weather sealing for the British winter. This is a very close relation to the one you can buy on Shapeways, but this uses an angled FF03R motor plate with full spur and pinion cover, and a kyosho 26t idler because I had all these parts as spares. It wouldn't be good for a variety of pinions because the motor slot is angled up and these ff03 cover parts are really hard to get too, but I like that I used up parts I had already. As for the performance? I REALLY like it. Its friendly and easy to handle like my rear motor TRF201X, with much more traction and progression to oversteer than the laydown transmission. Still has plenty of front end though, so I am very pleased with it.

I even managed some very light trail work on the new shortcut I found to the playing fields where I run! 

20190324_141735

• Like 11

Finished off my clone bruiser (don't worry it don't have any tamiya logos on it) but I am mighty impressed with this model ( very sorry purists and I include myself ) it's been reliable so far I have changed all the bearings and re-greased all the parts that has grease I used genuine Toyota colour and decals from MCI and when the summer turns up its going to be used properly with the knowledge that it only cost me sub £200 

20190324_094817.jpg

• Like 10

As other members said, the heatsink for M06 fit very well.  I'm impressed.   

pLrUU4L.jpg

• Like 9

8 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

Impressive skills!  "Burst" mode!  I never even thought of utilizing that funciton!  Well done, mate!

Just hold down the shutter button and hey presto 😉. My old 16GB 5S phone soon got full, and with a large music library that didn’t help either, but I’ve since upgraded to a 128GB 7 (found a cheap deal fortunately) so I can click away 😁. Gotta love digital photography.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, moffman said:

Finished off my clone bruiser

Cool beast! Something for the wish-list. ^_^

Haven't had any time for the cars lately, as weather improves work on the house resumes... But When the clock is adjusted for daylight savings again, longer light in the evenings will mean more oppertunities for sanding and spraypainting outside! :)

• Like 2

Played around with my WO soon realised the GH CRP bumper doesn’t fit, the front wheels catch on it.

So I think the bumper will go on my LB and I’ve fitted a Rad Shape bumper to the WO which looks great anyway.

Also realised that I have to learn to solder now there is no way I can avoid it any longer.

I have ESC’s and batteries that need plug changes and motors that need longer power leads.

Drove my MF-01x Beetle and had a smile on my face the entire time!  This car is one of my new favorite runners.  Keeping it rwd only is way more fun to me than a 4wd car, especially a Beetle.

32517932417_c6ece79940_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

• Like 12

Installed new wheels/tires combo ($15) and hex 12mm extender hubs ($7)

P1150160.thumb.JPG.50d0e8420fa54453b99ab4e4fc2805ed.JPG

P1150161.thumb.JPG.dddc3826e378fa625e20867fd96745a3.JPG

P1150164.thumb.JPG.b16f06806d482e926d7bca3be8779401.JPG

P1150165.thumb.JPG.b01c2a669900157c3c5f112c937314d2.JPG

Drilled new holes on the DIY cf shock tower for stiffer adjustments

P1150169.thumb.JPG.f9a2cda098a8d6b3938d11c3d296f6dc.JPG

• Like 4

Started my new racing shell.

I was supposed to go with either Protoforma Type-S or D9... but ended up buying the mazdaspeed6 body. 

My idea was, old car, older body... :)

se6q2w.jpg

2yllq85.jpg

2dca6xh.jpg

e980fm.jpg

will be painted by tonight... yellow is the color of choice. With a small suprise :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So... my first racer shell was a PF Dodge Stratus... messed up the body holes.

thes time my PF mazdaspeed6, has perfect body holes and trim etc... but cant I just make something worth it?

I can live with small paint drops and all but... what happend, the window stickers reacted somehow either to sun or paint and the peeled of a bit, and paint came uner the windows stickers. After I noticed it I rushed to the end. But thank God I still 6months to make a proper one. And I will choose the PF D9.

1ibre0.jpg

346kqk8.jpg

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

Drove my MF-01x Beetle and had a smile on my face the entire time!  This car is one of my new favorite runners.  Keeping it rwd only is way more fun to me than a 4wd car, especially a Beetle.

32517932417_c6ece79940_c.jpgUntitled by Joe, on Flickr

You may have noted this previously but where is your driver figure from? I’m on the lookout for an open helmet design like that for an old fashioned touring car.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

You may have noted this previously but where is your driver figure from? I’m on the lookout for an open helmet design like that for an old fashioned touring car.

It's a Sand Scorcher driver.  I think the Monster Beetle driver is also the same, except it comes in black molded plastic which is more effort to paint then the white molded driver. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Installed new wheels/tires combo ($15) and hex 12mm extender hubs ($7)

P1150160.thumb.JPG.50d0e8420fa54453b99ab4e4fc2805ed.JPG

P1150161.thumb.JPG.dddc3826e378fa625e20867fd96745a3.JPG

P1150164.thumb.JPG.b16f06806d482e926d7bca3be8779401.JPG

P1150165.thumb.JPG.b01c2a669900157c3c5f112c937314d2.JPG

Drilled new holes on the DIY cf shock tower for stiffer adjustments

P1150169.thumb.JPG.f9a2cda098a8d6b3938d11c3d296f6dc.JPG

Looking good, mate!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fabia130vRS said:

So... my first racer shell was a PF Dodge Stratus... messed up the body holes.

thes time my PF mazdaspeed6, has perfect body holes and trim etc... but cant I just make something worth it?

I can live with small paint drops and all but... what happend, the window stickers reacted somehow either to sun or paint and the peeled of a bit, and paint came uner the windows stickers. After I noticed it I rushed to the end. But thank God I still 6months to make a proper one. And I will choose the PF D9.

1ibre0.jpg

346kqk8.jpg

Bad luck sometimes these other brands window masks aren't as good as they should be... There is a trick called laying down a light coat of paint first to somehow seal the edges of mask lines and windows masks ( so no paint can get under this barrier)  but darned if I know how to do it as every explanation has sounded like just laying a light coat down first - which is what I thought we all did anyway so I'm sure I missed something!

( -as opposed to emptying the whole can on the first pass!)

• Like 2

And the finished product. Lets say a good replacemnt. Will give my old shell without spoiler to a fellow club member. :)

8-BAB0-BD3-87-BD-4-E51-8-D40-95-E8-E26-E

F688-DFCD-D86-F-4-D45-8-E3-A-9-A63408189

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fabia130vRS said:

And the finished product. Lets say a good replacemnt. Will give my old shell without spoiler to a fellow club member. :)

8-BAB0-BD3-87-BD-4-E51-8-D40-95-E8-E26-E

F688-DFCD-D86-F-4-D45-8-E3-A-9-A63408189

Looks ace much better!

This might help in future to clean up paint runs

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/tamyia-polycarbonate-body-cleaner-40ml.html?countrycode=GB&gclid=CjwKCAjw-OHkBRBkEiwAoOZqlyTGmTqrSFngYazN84mx2GnnpMXXq_mNx8_ZO_O-evj0hvsJ7uMzCBoCXh8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&___store=en_us

• Thanks 1

took the Heavy Dump Truck out for it's 1st run. Ended when the hub carrier top screw came out & the wheel almost fell off. Luckily I didn't lose the dog bone. I must get some threadlock :rolleyes: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thank you @Jason1145, well I think the biggest problem was I did not order paint together with the body. So I went with alternatives, as the old shell wasnt very good cut in the first place. 

Alternatives lead to rushing in painting. I am happy about it. Interested to see how this body will affect handling and how dirty will it get. :)

next body for it will be the Protoform D9 or Type S,  probably one color blue or yellow with matched translusent windows. Also I will need a 13,5 motor, lipo holder, 89T 48P spur and another two 6600 batteries. I am attempting the last race this season only due to job obligations, it will be all fun, very excited about it, so this mazda can be a good training shell for the upcoming 6months whenever I will get time to. 

• Like 1

2019-03-25_09-39-23

This evening I fitted my RWD 4WS M-03 with some 9mm offset HPI Gram Light wheels and Tamiya Rally Block tyres to give it a bit more width and ground clearance, then swapped the 20t pinion for a 16t one for better low speed control and hill climbing ability. 

I also plan to slow the diff with AW grease when I take the car apart to fit the bearing set that I have on order.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Just hold down the shutter button and hey presto 😉. My old 16GB 5S phone soon got full, and with a large music library that didn’t help either, but I’ve since upgraded to a 128GB 7 (found a cheap deal fortunately) so I can click away 😁. Gotta love digital photography.

That is what I would do also.

I still do own and use daily my 16GB iPhone SE and I love it with its genuine leather case.

When I would replace it, it would definately be a iPhone 7. Its the closest one to the size of the 5series. And battey is much better. Matter fact the iPhone 7+ has the biggest battey of all. 

• Like 1