Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@S-PCS I agree with @Ray_ve. Blazing star or my personal favourite the Terra Conqueror (same body, different livery). You can get repro from haskins2004 or team blue groove on ebay and MCI have decals. By far the best df01 body imo. 

• Like 1

Got a bit of a bargain (yesterday actually) popped into my almost LHS to pick up axial skull helmet set for my losi rockrey that I had ordered and the shop owner was having a bit of a move around and the half built sand scorcher on display has served its purpose and was getting replaced with something else and it was being sold everything radio, battery,  it was all built bar the body (which was still in the box)all unused immaculate box and all £200........I didn't hesitate😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, S-PCS said:

Found out that only ONE 959 in rally configuration ever came up for sale since 1985 - one of seven built, out of which six survive, four of them at the Porsche museum. 

The car that was sold in late October 2018 is one of three that unsuccessfully ran Paris-Dakar in 1985, the year before Porsche actually won. 

Jeez, it sold for $5.95 million. I'm going to have to wait for the re-re. Just imagine what the 1986 winner's car would go for. 

5.95 million for a car that never won anything!,  I'll just wait for tamiya😏

Tried my Kamtec Hot Rod Beetle shell on my RWD 4WS M-03.

2019-03-31_09-34-15

The current wheels are a bit big for it, but M-size Rally Blocks on suitable wheels might look rather good!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Butler said:

Met a guy in the boozer with 30 Tamiya’s in his loft. Lives in my road. 

Is it the iconicRC bloke off YouTube?!

15 minutes ago, J@mes said:

Is it the iconicRC bloke off YouTube?!

Don’t think so. 

Installed the turbo optima underguard on my optima. I dont care if it is gold, it will help from dirt and scrapes i ws getting on the rails

38305F73-0831-4EED-83E2-8DA2CDFBDEC9.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, moffman said:

Back in 1985/86? My mother (God rest her soul) was a doctor out Mauritania (think that's right from what I can remember?) And Saudi Arabia and she was a bit of a photographer wannabe and obviously knew I was car mad and seen these 959's parked up in a local village(probably on a overnight stop) and took photos of them together with this thing called a DAF push me pull me! 

a4caa1643e8580a5868d16c5cf220b2e.jpg

These things were raced by Jan De Rooy and had 2 x 400hp engines in it, one for each axle. The dummy cab was for sleeping in. He later developed the 2 Twin Turbo X1 trucks also with two engines producing a total of 2400hp. 

Sadly one rolled causing the death of a co-driver. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finished off a tub dust cover for the Blitzer chassis out of some plastic I had kicking about. Lightly scoring the folds then heating a Bolster over the BBQ help to form the plastic to how I wanted it. A bit of insulation tape wrapped around the outside and a bead of silicon on the inside should hopefully hold it all together. Not a real necessity with todays waterproof electrics but something I was keen to have a crack at and be able to leave most of the sand on the Beach after a run instead of bringing it home in the chassis when the time comes.

Sw83yCrl.jpg

JA4wxSfl.jpg

kY2v7E7l.jpg

RLtjrgJl.jpg

pnc0ZJbl.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

I have been getting ready for a Tamiya play day at the end of next week.

Had a bit of a panic this morning that I wouldn’t have enough PS-5 black.

Found some for £5.99 delivered! Hopefully have it by the end of this week.

• Haha 1

Took the Bullhead / Clodbuster lookalike out to test the new front only steering and it works like a charm.... this centrally located 25kg servo is more than enough for my liking

2s lipo is entertaining.... but I will require some more speed in the future now where is my 3s lipo!

2izXLTs.jpg

2U7xZKT.jpg

My red bus vs London red bus!

KFITYPl.png

My first Tamiya than can climb over a kerb .... so proud ;p

nkScPqb.png

QTbVSYq.png

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

I have been getting ready for a Tamiya play day at the end of next week.

Had a bit of a panic this morning that I wouldn’t have enough PS-5 black.

Found some for £5.99 delivered! Hopefully have it by the end of this week.

I'm having my RC day today.... good luck with yours!

Finished my Orange Striker restoration which I started last June and haven't touched for 5 months now.......but the sunny weather today has inspired me to get the photo shoot done

Painted the driver arms and seat belts

kSnnj2a.jpg

iwphbL8.jpg

2gVfV6c.jpg

And finished applying the MCI decals

s0dESAo.jpg

sYYInV4.jpg

Fully RTR with a gyro installed.... not like it will see much action as I have invested too much time to trash this car

XiZhX59.jpg

Check out that Ford Electro Orange in the sunshine

vUPveom.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

I'm having my RC day today.... good luck with yours!

Finished my Orange Striker restoration which I started last June and haven't touched for 5 months now.......but the sunny weather today has inspired me to get the photo shoot done

Painted the driver arms and seat belts

kSnnj2a.jpg

iwphbL8.jpg

2gVfV6c.jpg

And finished applying the MCI decals

s0dESAo.jpg

sYYInV4.jpg

Fully RTR with a gyro installed.... not like it will see much action as I have invested too much time to trash this car

XiZhX59.jpg

Check out that Ford Electro Orange in the sunshine

vUPveom.jpg

Tangoed, love it! Especially the driver. Personal opinions on the Striker aside, this is showing it in a new light for me :wub:

• Haha 1

Made a ESC and RX mount for my TTech streetwise out of some alu angle

y6eoI4d.jpg

Iz6G60W.jpg

6Ht50g7.jpg

OSrSA3H.jpg

Quite tidy now, I can run it without fear of any wires being eaten. Also switched out the friction dampers for trackstar aluminium oil filled shocks. Improved the ride tenfold. Just have to take some of those bravery pills to build up the courage to start attacking the Accord body with paint. I really don't want to mess it up. I used all my good fortune in finding a new decal sheet after 20 odd years. 

• Like 2

Apologies as I feel like I've hijacked this thread today, last update coming... ever seen a Striker do a standing wheelie?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Finished Project RR-03Ra. Sooooo happy with it. More photos, video and detail blather on the build thread later. For now, look at it. JUST LOOK AT IT! 😁

Project Tamiya RR-03Ra complete with RCON Ford RS200 shell Project Tamiya RR-03Ra complete with RCON Ford RS200 shell

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Finished Project RR-03Ra. Sooooo happy with it. More photos, video and detail blather on the build thread later. For now, look at it. JUST LOOK AT IT! 😁

Project Tamiya RR-03Ra complete with RCON Ford RS200 shell Project Tamiya RR-03Ra complete with RCON Ford RS200 shell

That looks fantastic. Great job. 👌

• Thanks 1

Had a few hours to myself and spend some time on BullClod Big Bear.

Finished spraying the body, and clearcoat. Not 100%  perfect but OK for what it is. very happy with that.

To do list: Tailgate is printed but needs finishing and paint. Paint the bed gray and detailing on indicators and stuff like that.
And Decals! Got 120% size from MCI. Just wait 2 days for the paint to cure fully. ^_^

ARuzD3Y.jpg

PSFL2lp.jpg

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

Apologies as I feel like I've hijacked this thread today, last update coming... ever seen a Striker do a standing wheelie?

Are they all your toys in the background or just the pink Pingu thingy me Bob? 😉

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

JUST LOOK AT IT!

Epic. Cool as 😎

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

@S-PCS I agree with @Ray_ve. Blazing star or my personal favourite the Terra Conqueror (same body, different livery). You can get repro from haskins2004 or team blue groove on ebay and MCI have decals. By far the best df01 body imo. 

I just keep thinking that this might not be the most cost effective way to solve this issue... Seeing how the Manta Ray needs new tires (and hence, new wheels, 'cause they're super-superglued), plus the cost of a body, paint, decals... wouldn't that put this idea dangerously close to the cost of a new Top Force?

Ok, some quick calculations later, no, it wouldn't. Not near 50%, which would have been acceptable. Let me take a closer look at those repro Terra Conqueror bodies... 

• Like 1