Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Great Striker @Jason1145 Love the colour 👍🏻  

Your new Clod doesn’t seem as well trained as with the Bullhead body though as I remember the Bullhead rolls on its side and plays dead at the end of a run 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

JUST LOOK AT IT! 😁

Project Tamiya RR-03Ra complete with RCON Ford RS200 shell

Maaaaaaaaaaaate I’m looking and liking a LOT 👍🏻😎

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Great Striker @Jason1145 Love the colour 👍🏻  

Your new Clod doesn’t seem as well trained as with the Bullhead body though as I remember the Bullhead rolls on its side and plays dead at the end of a run 😁

That's purely down to removing the rear steering I'm pretty sure... if I put the wideners on it'll never roll.

• Thanks 1

I got mad at the tape line paint bleeds on my Sand Scorcher body and decided to just use it on my Blitzer Beetle and weather it up.  Ordered a fresh Scorcher body to try again.  I'm gonna try to use liquid mask and see if I can get cleaner tape lines around the fenders.  Bummed because the second color paint laid down the smoothest I've ever done.  Oh well, it's just toy cars :)

• Like 5

today i did a thing20190401_191626.thumb.jpg.45b8d7c9a630cfd458bd56bcf41aa031.jpg

i guess i can probably get some foams too now?

so what have you done today?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

YLkmM0r.jpg
ryc7OcK.jpg

Looks great fun. Planning on a beach trip soon, weather permitting, with the cars. 

• Like 1

Trimmed the WW2 headlights and then I put all the small plastic and metal parts through the sonic cleaner. 

The RR wheel fittings also got the same treatment and they are now ready for reasssembly. 

Just waiting on my paint pens for the tyre lettering. 

• Like 1

hop-up options are great! I am a sucker for them. Today’s is rear toe-in. Probably going to be useful ^_^

HDF toe in

Directional parts I removed from the sprue too hastily were fortunately labelled “L” & “R” - Tamiya looks after you!

Tamiya 53345 instructions Tamiya 53345 instructions

• Like 3

1 hour ago, J@mes said:

hop-up options are great! I am a sucker for them. Today’s is rear toe-in. Probably going to be useful ^_^

HDF toe in

Directional parts I removed from the sprue too hastily were fortunately labelled “L” & “R” - Tamiya looks after you!

Should be good. Adding rear toe in has improved quite a few of my buggies. 

8 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Should be good. Adding rear toe in has improved quite a few of my buggies. 

Good to know, I am going to put the speed gears and a tblm 10.5T in this sooner or later. :)

Highlight of my day was ordering tons of Tamiya goodies! My significant other announced she’d like a pink Unimog so I took it as a green flag for his ‘n hers CW-01 Unimogs :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Tried "3Racing Ultra High viscosity diff oil." 

It's definitely a whole lot stickier than Anti-Wear grease.  I don't think it would leak. Time will tell. 

This much made it really stiff.  Still not enough for big trucks like Juggernaut 2.  For most buggies, it will feel like honey-filled differential. (Not that you should put honey in differential. And it's not honey, don't eat it, either...)   

ckmLSDm.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, J@mes said:

HDF toe in

Didn’t know about these. That’ll be another order going in for the GF01. I’ll finish it eventually 😂

• Like 1

T0hnDtd.jpg

Fresh from Crazy Vaclav's place of automobiles is the Lada shell. Getting the first slaps of paint dobbed on it. The word unique springs to mind! Still lots to do but I'm happy with the start.

• Like 7

Did the final decal and fit up of my new Team Azarashi Pholc body on my TRF211 with my 3 gear layback transmission. Needed a new shell because the old one was battered and didn't really fit the layback very well (with it being quite a lot shorter than my laydown conversion transmission it originally had) 

Tamiya TRF211 with CTE RC 3 gear layback transmission and Team Azarashi Pholc body Tamiya TRF211 with CTE RC 3 gear layback transmission and Team Azarashi Pholc body Tamiya TRF211 with CTE RC 3 gear layback transmission and Team Azarashi Pholc body

Tamiya PS24 floursecent orange backed with silver. Not quite as loud orange as the Core RC neon carrot I have used, but nicer paint to use. Genuine tamiya TRF silver/blue decals to finish. I love how closely this shell wraps around the chassis. Much nicer than the Fascia shell I had previously which was for a YZ2. I needed that for the built in spur cover for the laydown. My new transmission has its own cover so I can use this shell. 

• Like 7

My girlfriend surprised me by remembering the names of 3 of my Tamiya models. 

She’s a keeper for sure 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

My girlfriend surprised me by remembering the names of 3 of my Tamiya models. 

She’s a keeper for sure 👍

I talk about things like X-wing fighters, bearings and servos.  One time I said, "This servo glitched. Do you remember what servo is?"  "Yes, I know. Isn't it the thing that moves your cars...?  Oh No!  Girls shouldn't know that kind of stuff!!"  And she put her hands in her hair as if she was going crazy. (I assure you, she's way too old to be called a girl. At our age, who's she kidding?) 

She still doesn't know the names of my cars, though.  Your girl is a winner!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My wife just says "seriously!@ if I mention anything about how parts of my RC's look or go... it cracks me up so I keep doing it to annoy her more.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

My wife just says "seriously!@ if I mention anything about how parts of my RC's look or go... it cracks me up so I keep doing it to annoy her more.

My wife kind of feigns interest, its unnerving. It could be because Jamie races too now so she is being interested in him and me by extension?

• Like 2

My lady & I have a mutual understanding, she pretends to be interested in RC and I pretend to be interested in knitting  & sewing :lol:

• Haha 2

My wife has some names for my stuff too. These words typically rime with larbage, munk, crash... :lol: 

But she is no better with her hobby stuff, so balance is restored in the universe.

• Haha 1

My wife calls this site "Nerdclub"

"Oh...you're on Nerdclub again are you" !   

"Yes Dear"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2