Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Trimmed my first lexan body, quite rough, hope I could smoothen it with sandpaper

92C20A32-6EA6-416A-95CB-8593183865A0.jpeg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, S-PCS said:

DSC_2696

Finally, the need for an amphibious high-speed monster truck has arisen. 

Begs the question what're you thinking of?

I'd say a 2WD or 4WD Stampede for waterproof and RTR'ness, but Tamiya wise I'd go for a Super Clod Buster... neither option is cheap though ;)

12 hours ago, S-PCS said:

DSC_2696

If you don't have a G601 yet, I will be making my Bruder cab conversion and rear body mounts parts available.

Pic 

IMG_20190412_214311.jpg

Thread: 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, S-PCS said:

DSC_2696

Not sure why this song jumped into my head.......😳😛

• Haha 1

Creeping towards done on the ‘mog

Mog

Mog

1st Drive tonight, popping wheelies indoors!

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, J@mes said:

Creeping towards done on the ‘mog

Mog

Mog

1st Drive tonight, popping wheelies indoors!

Is that the same one that got the Watanabe trans? The white parts are all options, right? There was never a white edition CW01 as far as I knew.

Looks great though, I have a boxart Montero that I had though might look nice with colored chassis parts.

Fine tuned the steering and set them to zero by adjusting the ball end caps. Also bought a progbox for SkyRC last week. Set and tuned the ESC's brakes, boost and turbo. This programmable/tune-able BL ESCs are amazing.

P1150300.thumb.JPG.3dcde4af68ed8d74b01cc4b34b1c9bd0.JPG

P1150299.thumb.JPG.0123f5cd7e00d7e0d98e3044af6e8e30.JPG

P1150314.thumb.JPG.660daf2158f215ea6bc8347031ee1c96.JPG

P1150319.thumb.JPG.7ee40bd4b92a2897e355509f81578e6a.JPG

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

I'd say a 2WD or 4WD Stampede for waterproof and RTR'ness, but Tamiya wise I'd go for a Super Clod Buster... neither option is cheap though ;)

My first thought was a Arrma anything really but more towards Granite BLX or the Big rock, both great bashers that come waterproof and RTR

• Like 2

7 hours ago, geniusanthony said:

Is that the same one that got the Watanabe trans? The white parts are all options, right? There was never a white edition CW01 as far as I knew.

Looks great though, I have a boxart Montero that I had though might look nice with colored chassis parts.

Cheers! Yup Watanabe g’box on there, might get the matching bumper too...

Wheels from a Montero & white chassis and battery tray sprue are options. AMPro parts too, gearbox lock and front end bits. Thanks to @Pintopower for the wider a arms in white :)

Did a little work on our backyard track. Needs more dirt, berms, jumps, aesthetics, etc. Already lots of fun though! Barriers were made from free material left over from our old fence, held in place by electrical conduit 'fence posts'.

20190413_181147_resized.thumb.jpg.af6c8f6449a4b8cf60f455d6705a23d9.jpg

• Like 11

Finally got started on my Xv-01 only to now have to wait for spacers...lol

I will be making a new build thread pending approval from Twinset. I'll link when it's up in the build section :)

20190415_002746

• Like 3

Today i hacked up my lipos for a second time, moved/extended all the wires and moved the wires exit from the hard case in an effort to make them fit ALL my vintage tamiya.

They are starting to look a little 'tatty'!

On 4/14/2019 at 8:25 PM, Jason1145 said:

I have a SCB, but this spot just calls for something much faster... but... Traxxas? Somehow, I just can't get used to the idea of RTR. 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2019 at 8:25 PM, Jason1145 said:

I have a SCB, but this spot just calls for something much faster... but... Traxxas? Somehow, I just can't get used to the idea of RTR. 

20 minutes ago, S-PCS said:

Luckily they now make the stampede as a kit

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=439067&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-tXlBRDWARIsAGYQAmcpn5tWUuEg8N-9fETx2Hew0rPiFGebvhkZGhdmQ5rvXXah9zxulQ4aAn3BEALw_wcB

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hobgoblin said:

Stop tempting me!!!!!

That reminds me there was a blue coloured beach buggy thing from Losi I think that was 2WD... I need to go find it again ain't seen it for a couple years... think it was called a SCB?

It’s been a good day for RC. Went through a (almost 1 hour) full charge at the beach with jumps and much admiration from onlookers during the CW-01 Unimogs maiden voyage. Even Batman had a go... 

https://flic.kr/p/2esuQhq

Then this evening I built a Lunchbox Oh Happy day! :D ( Complete 180 on my shell then chassis approach :rolleyes: )

https://flic.kr/p/2ftQGDy

• Like 5

On 4/15/2019 at 10:49 PM, DrewZ said:

Did a little work on our backyard track. Needs more dirt, berms, jumps, aesthetics, etc. Already lots of fun though! Barriers were made from free material left over from our old fence, held in place by electrical conduit 'fence posts'.

20190413_181147_resized.thumb.jpg.af6c8f6449a4b8cf60f455d6705a23d9.jpg

How’s that Duplicolour Wheel Paint holding up on your chassis & wheels? 

I tried my hand at tyre lettering last night with my JR’s and 915’s, they aren’t perfect but I gotta say they are looking quite decent for a 1st pass 👍

• Like 4

Since the weather has took a turn for the better i managed to get the primer and base coat on some of the reefer trailer parts. I had to order a replacement wheel fender section after thread lock destroyed it hopefully that will be here tommorow.

IMG_20190417_145251.jpg

IMG_20190417_145305.jpg

14 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

How’s that Duplicolour Wheel Paint holding up on your chassis & wheels? 

It still looks great, no flaking whatsoever, and the Brat gets plenty of use!

• Thanks 1