Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A break from decorating meant I managed to get the electrics in the DT03 again but with the Absima RX from today’s delivery instead of the Futaba one. Trimmed up nicely. 

Nowhere near as fancy as the Futaba setup but more than adequate for the kids. 

Need to get the shell painted now. Anyone got any spare time they can borrow me?!

• Haha 1

Fitted a smaller pinion to my ORV, fitted carbon reinforced knuckles to my lunchbox, finished cleaning my stripped vanquish, put the new battery holder in my jr propo beat 202 tx and started making the A5 braces and arm hinge pins for my terra scorcher.

• Like 3

Having liberated the Speed Passion 13.5 MMM motor from my TXT-2 last week, tonight I set about refitting it into my Boomerang along with a 17t pinion.

Also on the list was to swap the front dogbones for a pair of DF03 CVDs that I've had knocking about for ages.

Whilst doing so I found that, despite having never been undone since first being assembled, one of the front hinge pins has stripped it's thread. Was a proper struggle to get it out. Will likely have to replace that wishbone.

I might have to investigate swapping the hinge pins out for some shafts and e-clips.

• Like 1

Well..  i drove over to a very good frind of mine, who stocked the left overs of my collection for me on his sealing,

while real life had other plans.. ( works.. building.. some bad stuff, some good stuff ).. In the end he "held" my collection for

nearly 8 years.. 

Drove over the first load..  found a surprising amount of NIB's and parts i fully forgot about.

Before the stuff moved over, i sold - a lot - .. ( in a big batch.. wonder .. if they turned up here somewhere ;p )

Plans so far is,  get everything here.. and start figuring out what i still have, and what it needs to get going again.

( probably will sell some to fund the new battery packs ect.. , and so far have not been able to locate my .. well.. battery charger :) )

But so far recovered,  , the chrome brat.. frog.. a bmw m3 , stadium thunder , i think the lancia.. the C group jaguar.. and my 1:6 big scale's 

Also found back some tanks ( leopards 1A4.. should be a few ) .. 1 or 2 gepards.. a tiger.. and a leopard 2a6 ( what, i hope.. still works )

And .. a terra-ton of 1:14 truck parts.. i silently hope i can just build -a few- of those from that.

Ah lets see,  kind of good getting back in the -hobby-  :)

Wife.. not so pleased.. she really thought i sold everything  * grin * ... no ..  i did not...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I picked up a Losi 22 2.0 kit plus a bunch of hop-ups for $120. It's my first non Tamiya kit, it will be interesting to see the differences. In the end I will have a very nice running buggy for a price I could afford. Ok, I can't afford it but I bought it anyway ;)

• Like 3

Hooked-up my GoPro Session to Ozzy's roll-cage... (note. this one is a still not a video ;o)

i-44LqKSk-XL.jpg

Oh the fun we're going to have with this now!

Jx

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JennyMo said:

Hooked-up my GoPro Session to Ozzy's roll-cage... (note. this one is a still not a video ;o)

i-44LqKSk-XL.jpg

Oh the fun we're going to have with this now!

Jx

Can you pass me the chips... :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Can't get enough of this at the moment!

20190417_193304-1024x1365.jpg

Go on... sell it.... the experience that is so entertaining?? ( I have a NIB I haven't prioritised building yet... pity as I'm off to the beach tomorrow and this might've been fun there)

10 hours ago, graemevw said:

Fitted a smaller pinion to my ORV, fitted carbon reinforced knuckles to my lunchbox, finished cleaning my stripped vanquish, put the new battery holder in my jr propo beat 202 tx and started making the A5 braces and arm hinge pins for my terra scorcher.

I thought I would do well to fit 8 tyre decals on my BuggyRa Fat Fox today.. you've done tons!

What are these reinforced knuckles for the Lunchie... I might invest in a set ;)

1 hour ago, Jason1145 said:

I thought I would do well to fit 8 tyre decals on my BuggyRa Fat Fox today.. you've done tons!

What are these reinforced knuckles for the Lunchie... I might invest in a set ;)

F103 knuckles. Just press the axle out and swap it with the luchbox axles.

• Thanks 1

Made a shock tower! First time using carbon fibre and it went pretty well. Until i have to drill the holes which I'll do on saturday using my friends milling machine - I don't have a drill press.

Was going to glue the keel bulb to the keel but had run out of gloves and there is no way i would use that epoxy glue without gloves. Except that one time I had the gloves but forgot to put them on

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Made a shock tower! First time using carbon fibre and it went pretty well. Until i have to drill the holes which I'll do on saturday using my friends milling machine - I don't have a drill press.

Was going to glue the keel bulb to the keel but had run out of gloves and there is no way i would use that epoxy glue without gloves. Except that one time I had the gloves but forgot to put them on

You can drill with a mill but you cant mill with a drill ;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, graemevw said:

This is why I need to work on my productivity. I'd be lucky to fit that in one post even if the thread was called "So, What Have You Done This Fortnight?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

First time on a track.

Few mishaps. Few good lines.

Possibly the slowest video ever posted on this forum. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Go on... sell it.... the experience that is so entertaining??

It will enrich your life lol :lol:

They are amazing fun at the beach! I've done quite a bit of work on mine and it has improved a lot but it's still unmistakably a Lunchbox and great fun!

Even stock it's fun to drive. It understeers under power and tightens up off the throttle so although it handles like a jelly, it still relatively predictable when it comes to cornering and although my mods have made it much more stable, even as stock, I find the understeer helps to stop it toppling over most of the time. 

They are fun, look great, easy to work on and even if you take it through salt water at the beach, a full strip down doesn't take more than a few hours because of how simple they are. The gearbox is very resilient to dirt ingress too.

Build it!

Do it now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nowinaminute said:

It will enrich your life lol :lol:

They are amazing fun at the beach! I've done quite a bit of work on mine and it has improved a lot but it's still unmistakably a Lunchbox and great fun!

Even stock it's fun to drive. It understeers under power and tightens up off the throttle so although it handles like a jelly, it still relatively predictable when it comes to cornering and although my mods have made it much more stable, even as stock, I find the understeer helps to stop it toppling over most of the time. 

They are fun, look great, easy to work on and even if you take it through salt water at the beach, a full strip down doesn't take more than a few hours because of how simple they are. The gearbox is very resilient to dirt ingress too.

Build it!

Do it now.

Sold to that man..... I have two chances to get it built tonight ready for my 1.5 hour drive to the beach tomorrow...... those are zero and none... but it just jumped up the pecking order for sure cheers.

• Haha 2

Took two Dual Hunters, Wild Willy 2 and the TL01 Bowler to a local field with three boys, 4.5, 11 and 13 (I think the last two numbers are correct). Plus two Dads, 43 and 49 and some markers from Decathlon. 

The two older boys were first time users and the WW2 was out within 5 minutes with a severed motor wire (DH mounted the little jeep). We lost a wheelnut from the TL01 after a while but it wasn’t doing that well on the bumpy field anyway.

So that gave us more battery life for the DHs. They were great fun, racing chasing and when we were down two one car it was timed laps around a looped course.

We left happy. And the other Dad has gone home to research their first Tamiya..

• Like 5

After realizing decade old battery's are .. well.. useless.. ordered a pair of new one's .. ( for now, just for the big scale's )

Now about that moment i figured... that the control software of the Nomadio set.. ánd the charger ( can't find the fast charger if my life depends on it ) 

Are, on a old , for now, not working pc.. ( still have that ! :) )   With some real .. legacy software.. ( XP )

Oh, and found another box of parts.. good mission to start to sort that.   ** wonder what i find there ** :) 

And i dug up the Leopard 2A6 ..  i must say.. that thing took a beating..  gonne be a real job restoring that one..

I really hope the electrics inside are still good. ( could not test it for now ).

Anyway, now got to find a way to recover the old pc, or figur out a way to get the alc-8500 and Nomadio software working

on a modern pc..  - that .. will .. be a challenge ... 

Took a few pics of the War Rig and Globe Liner together to give a sense of the size difference :)

SAM_1285.jpg

SAM_1293.jpg

SAM_1289.jpg

SAM_1288.jpg

• Like 16

From a pink champagne Unimog with Barbie wheels to the War Rig..... this is a wonderful place !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got the Easter Special BigEgg/EggWig build underway... Shell's rough cut, cleaning it up next. At this rate, I'll run out of build before I run out of weekend. 

DSC_2713

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S-PCS said:

I think both of them look rather scary :D

My lady has specified the (barbie) driver be naked... :P

• Haha 1