Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, that took a fight , including a 50km roundtrip to pick up a old monitor with the right connector :)

yey.jpg.c87fc5711247d78c6970e15cad8d20ca.jpg

But, the charger now works on the new pc.. 

Had to copy some stuff off the old pc, ( no idea why .. else it would not work ) , then i could get the software to connect on the new pc

with the actual charger.. do a firmware upgrade ( oh that was a tense 10 minute of my life , as .. well.. bad history with that )

After that, of course.. new pc refused to see the charger..  After fiddling around..  - victory ! -

Next mission.. the Nomadio radio set,  same issue.. yet.. old pc also does not have the software anymore.. * grumple *

• Like 1

Dusted off my camera and video editor tools and made my first proper RC video in a couple of years... starring my current favourite 2WD Short Course Truck

This drives like a dream and I'm yet to break anything.. Im also yet to jump it properly so that might explain it.. but it's survived high speed roll overs and kerb kisses at full pelt.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Bromley said:

Got some CC01 action today with a few mates.

58378737_377351046199589_3821519951311667200_n.jpg

I have been thinking of getting a Defender body for my CC01.  This photo might just convince me.  They look great out in the open with a bit of dirt on them.

As for me, the Silvia has been painted today.  Still have black backing and maybe a window tint to go.

ZMAcYR1.jpg

I'm currently picking up PS paint cans, giving them a slight shake, and trying to guess how much paint is left in them compared to a full can.  My ability to guess PS can weight could determine the colour scheme of the Unimog.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

It takes me months to complete the smallest project, but this morning I finally finished the 1st set of Scorcher wheels- 

Not perfect, but pretty decent when you consider I am a ham fisted orang-utan 👍 

FAF98C12-CA22-4E55-97B8-8768BC30615B.jpeg

• Like 10

Not today, but yesterday, took the War Rig out to do a bit of filming. I'd bought 2 new LiPos for it a while ago as one of the originals had failed, and hadn't had a chance to 'stretch its legs' as it were. So got it out of car, and thought I'd do an initial test before starting filming to ensure everything worked ok. Everything was good, worked up to full throttle, held it there for a few seconds, looked fantastic, then it started to weave a bit, and I lost it and rolled it. Didn't even get it on film !!!. Anyway the damage list was extensive:

1. Broke off one the pieces of car shell and the bulkhead.

2. Broke 2 skulls of the flagpoles.

3. Broke 3 ribs off the trailer, snapped 2 in half.

4. Dented the trailer in 2 places

5. Broke off one blower.

6. Lost a filter mesh out of one of the air intakes.

Anyway, decided to do some filming anyway, got a few clips, then fitted the on board cameras. Did one run with it, and the trailer detached itself. I'd made the same mistake as I did before, only this time when trailer came off it sheared the tow pin when it hit the ground. So that was game over for the day. Then when driving the tractor unit back, managed to roll it again and broke off the other blower, bent the door, bent the plough, broke off the exhaust stack frame and bent one of the mudguard mounts. My stunt driver also managed to do a high speed flip with the FAV and broke off the passengers arm and a bit of the rear end custom bodywork. 

Still, it was a fun morning overall, but I discovered it's basically impossible to drive the truck at full throttle on 6S with these new cells. It went out 3 pieces and came back in 19...…...

Photos:

SAM_1318.jpg
SAM_1317.jpg
SAM_1313.jpg
SAM_1312.jpg
SAM_1311.jpg
SAM_1310.jpg
SAM_1308.jpg
SAM_1309.jpg
SAM_1305.jpg
SAM_1306.jpg
SAM_1304.jpg
SAM_1301.jpg
SAM_1303.jpg
SAM_1302.jpg

Repairs underway:

SAM_1322.jpg
SAM_1319.jpg
SAM_1321.jpg

I did manage to get some half decent film done, nothing processed for uploading yet, but here's a few stills from the raw video:

8.png

7.png

6.png

5.png

4.png

2.png

3.png

1.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Great looking footage seeing the FAV menacing the War Rig... nice open empty road there too!

Those days make the ones when it all comes home in one piece extra worthwhile... good luck with the repairs... some look quite nice, battle scars prahaps?

I think it will look even better after the repairs - they give it character.

2 hours ago, Jason1145 said:

Great looking footage seeing the FAV menacing the War Rig... nice open empty road there too!

Those days make the ones when it all comes home in one piece extra worthwhile... good luck with the repairs... some look quite nice, battle scars prahaps?

Some of the dents aren't going to be repaired, as it's impossible to pull the dents out of the trailer without removing the entire skin...

As you say, it adds a bit of character, and my son will look at them and remember they appeared the day that Dad rolled the War Rig B)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Painted DT-03 Neo Fighter shell - the wing was kinda tricky and I end up aplying to much paint here and there. After that I started to build the chassis. 

2C650BBB-E884-484A-9ADE-031DD8B32CA8.jpeg

403BE658-D01C-4DA8-BB12-507AA37A5F84.jpeg

• Like 5

Received the stick guides I designed and ordered for 3d printing through treatstock, so stuck them on my flysky fs i6 to stop stick wander. Worked a treat! 

2019-04-22_05-23-14

Also after hanging my nose over various kits over the last few weeks looking for something a little different from my usual, I ordered a Comical Hornet. I blame @Jason1145!

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Received the stick guides I designed and ordered for 3d printing through treatstock, so stuck them on my flysky fs i6 to stop stick wander. Worked a treat! 

2019-04-22_05-23-14

Also after hanging my nose over various kits over the last few weeks looking for something a little different from my usual, I ordered a Comical Hornet. I blame @Jason1145!

Cy, are those stick guides available anywhere?

My boys are showing interest in stick transmitters and the fs-i6 seems to be the only reasonably priced option (with model memory) that will work with their receivers.

But the wibbly-wobbly nature of the sticks would be an added complication. Your guides looks just the job.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

2019-04-22_05-23-14

Stick guides....😉😉😉 see you need guiding... consider the Comical Hornet the destination... good call ;)

• Haha 1

Started on painting 6 drivers. (I was going to paint shells, but outside was foggy with tree pollen. This can be done indoors.)  

3 are Bigwig style guys with steering wheels.  1 is Grasshopper-style driver. 

2 in the middle are just heads for Lexan shoulders. They are traditionally painted in bank-robber style. But I figure goggle-style looks less suspicious.  The molding is done in such a way that it could be painted either way.  

Nle01xE.jpg

I know I have a couple of Frog drivers, + the red helmet from Wild One. But I can't find them. Oh well, they'll turn up.  

I'll do eyebrows and eyes tonight.  

TBGDgVJ.jpg

• Like 3

Messed around with the FG's today some more , got the wheel hubs clear of old ... well.. grime.. 

Brakes of the Marder now also fixed ( cable disk brake this one have )  and cleaned up some small issue's , as the ball-connectors on the suspension

arms where corroded a bit.  ( not that bad, but those rust flakes did not help with a upcoming smooth drive of course. 

( badword im happy i invested in ceramic bearings long ago btw,  checked most , and "like new"  )

And with that part.. it goes into Tamiya, as far i can remember.. my remaining models also all have ceramic bearings .. as far memory serves me.

Wife gets increasing more annoyed by the re-found love..  :)

47 minutes ago, Peter_B said:

Cy, are those stick guides available anywhere?

My boys are showing interest in stick transmitters and the fs-i6 seems to be the only reasonably priced option (with model memory) that will work with their receivers.

But the wibbly-wobbly nature of the sticks would be an added complication. Your guides looks just the job.

I can order you some. I designed them and got them off treatstock which I way cheaper than Shapeways for simple non structural stuff. Drop me a DM. They are only a few quid. 

Lunchbox again. I'm going to go blind and get hairy palms at this rate. All my other RCs are getting jealous too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

I can order you some. I designed them and got them off treatstock which I way cheaper than Shapeways for simple non structural stuff. Drop me a DM. They are only a few quid. 

Cheers, I will drop you a message when/if the time comes.

I'll have to investigate the fs-i6 a bit more first.

This

KOA4s0D.jpg

In the first 60 seconds :lol:

5 hours ago, 53HRA said:

This

KOA4s0D.jpg

In the first 60 seconds :lol:

Ouch!!  Your fault or weakness in design?  Kicking around one of these vs a Granite BLX.

• Like 1

Trialling these 76x32mm ebay tyres on the TT02 rally build. Lookin' phat on 24mm wheels.

sXoRczN.jpg

pb1rOmS.jpg

f0tKu1J.jpg

• Like 5

Finally got some real progress on the XV-01, even if i had to take the diff apart because i forgot the slipper clutch comes with a main shaft...lol oh and i might have to again as i want to add sealed bearings and the screw below the pulley on the bottom right in the first pic feels loose, any thoughts on how to remedy that?

20190422_234718 20190422_234724

• Like 5

It seemed like their noses were too deep in the helmet.  It looked hard to breathe. 

I shortened the noses to help with that.  

xfJeiMA.jpg

And I painted faces.  Blue eyes this time.  hmmm... the guy in the middle needs some work, but that's for tomorrow...

FU61slm.jpg

WCsiYgf.jpg

• Like 4

Not much time for the cars as DIY house stuff gets in the way. <_<

Ordered bearings for the M-05 chassis, and extra 5x8mm bearings for its steering rack (probably not much added value, but I thought why not...). Hopefully I have some time this week to start cleaning the parts with the ultrasonic cleaner.

The ESC's fan blade for Basherbear kept popping out. It was missing its retaining washer. So made one from a small scrap of plastic 0.3mm thick. 1.5mm hole, 3mm diameter. Fiddly but it sits in place!

Still on the wish-list. Stick-pack lipo...

5 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

Ouch!!  Your fault or weakness in design?  Kicking around one of these vs a Granite BLX.

@tamiya3speed definitely my fault... it was probably hit at 80% throttle of a freshly charged 3s lipo :lol:

Very good options you have there. My Arrma experience (Typhon and Senton) have been the best I’ve come across out the box and on the other hand the Rustler 4x4 handles like no other RC I’ve driven! 

Best thing to probably do is draw the names out a hat and go for the chosen :P