Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Did a few thing during my spare time...

- Changed the ESC's plug to deans

P1150327.thumb.JPG.f08e7793730d27cfb4f7a44e39587c24.JPG

P1150329.thumb.JPG.a0a3c2feca0c386ae3ff2626dae55b17.JPG

- soldered the wires on the motor

P1150328.thumb.JPG.62e00f42e3da967a1d3e3c625d4d167c.JPG

- installed the new motor and ESC.

P1150334.thumb.JPG.4c07e223e5160c8d41268daf6bf92a98.JPG

• Like 6

20 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Lunchbox again. I'm going to go blind and get hairy palms at this rate. All my other RCs are getting jealous too!

i think you'll end up like father jack and will have to be sent to saint clabbert's to converless on you actions:lol:

New Jack City - Father Ted

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I fitted some period wing-mirrors (and magnetic bonnet mounts) on Mater:

i-RWJCLTV-XL.jpg

Jx

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Changed the ESC's plug to deans

Please tell me you forgot to put the cover on the wires first,and had to resolder, or is that just me that does that.....🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 4/22/2019 at 9:49 AM, MadInventor said:

It went out 3 pieces and came back in 19...…...

Sorry to see, but so glad it's not just sat on the shelf collecting dust.

On 4/22/2019 at 4:35 PM, MadInventor said:

As you say, it adds a bit of character, and my son will look at them and remember they appeared the day that Dad rolled the War Rig B)

Perfect, battle scars with stories, you can't build that, only make them 😁👍

• Thanks 1

Ran a whole pack through the RS200 and did a bit of setup work. Swapped springs around a few times. Got it handling nice on the street outside my house. Really impressed with this random m 27t motor. Way way faster than a tamiya silvercan, pulls an ok gear, yet ran for nearly an hour on a 4000kv shorty Lipo. Must one of these stock class motors like the ones you get from Spire or similar. 

• Like 3

Painting for both the Silvia and Unimog are now complete.  Tomorrow I'll hopefully be able to do the decals.  I'm now at the point where I'm really happy with how the paint jobs came out and I'd like to order another couple of bodies.  Once trying to get some tiny decal to conform to a curve without moving I'll change my mind.

MO83VOz.jpg

hP5zjxL.jpg

I decided there were enough utilitarian looking Unimogs out there.  The Unimog is in PS15 Metallic Red so it looks much better than the dull pinkish hue in the awful photos from my phone.  I think I shall dub it the Bloodmog.

• Like 5

Savoring this build... This is my first new-in-the-box Tamiya RC car since my Stadium Blitzer, which was an original, not a re-release (so it's been awhile)! 

It's the 'black edition' of the Racing Fighter. Comes with ball bearings, oil filled shocks, torque tuned motor and a 19T pinion gear. Also has turnbuckles for upper control arms.

20190424_051734_resized.thumb.jpg.aff156d2ce330984ddf70957c82ba28a.jpg

• Like 10

Finished fixing the bug today, managed to bend the whole rear shock tower forward when it nearly back flipped off a jump. Added some reinforcements.😀

image.jpg

• Like 3

I just got sniped on eBay and I’m feeling a bit sore about it ☹️

Must be getting old 😂

• Sad 1

Finished off a display plinth for the 2CV to make it feel more at home, I seem to be developing a taste for garlic, onions & red wine.

7aiHFWGl.jpg

GqYT4Owl.jpg 

Almost got the Brat Chassis done, I've gone for a dark colour on the wheels to disguise the fact that Tamiya got them back to front somewhere along the line. Some tyre lettering still to do yet. Cut and washed out the Lexen body while I was in the mood and it was a heck of a lot easier to cut out than a Porsche body.  This body is more then likely going to be mainly black. 

Jti1HbLl.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hours of mental planning. I've realised I'm a master at mental planning. 

Productivity, not so much.

• Haha 6

Ordered a spare rear gearbox and diff for Basherbear.
The diff housing plastics have some stripped threads, and the diff itself has a bad shaft that holds the satellite gears.

No problems with is so far and it has always ran great, but figured a spare would be nice to have if it ever goes south. ^_^

• Like 1

Got the wire loom for the trailer lights installed in the truck on the mfu.

Also got thr trailer to a roller stage no sides yet as i am trying to get nath at mci racing to make me a couple of decals for the side panels. All the paint is complete and the match between the truck n trailer is not that bad esp seing the truck was painted a couple of years back.

IMG_20190425_155622.jpg

IMG_20190425_155011.jpg

• Like 7

Finally got the front of the terra scorcher sorted.

0DeaQvq.jpg 

This is going to get thrown round a track in 2 weeks time and it has a 17x2 in it. So, whats going to break next? Tub? Knuckles? Towers?

• Like 1

Fitted new wheels to my Egress, bashing body and wheels now sorted!

Not sure it's bright enough!

20190425_185029.thumb.jpg.b17762af60f5b629ac8eeb05bc13c720.jpg

• Like 5

Day 3 of playing with dolls...

Been fixing more faces. Put pupils in their eyes.  

FYtn4X2.jpg

I'm tempted to put some reflection in their eyes by putting tiny white dots.

As if anybody can see them with naked eyes... lol... I'm temporarily obsessed.  Scale soldiers are a lot smaller, so I guess this is a good practice run.  

F4AvqPF.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Juggular said:

Day 3 of playing with dolls...

Been fixing more faces. Put pupils in their eyes.  

FYtn4X2.jpg

I'm tempted to put some reflection in their eyes by putting tiny white dots.

As if anybody can see them with naked eyes... lol... I'm temporarily obsessed.  Scale soldiers are a lot smaller, so I guess this is a good practice run.  

F4AvqPF.jpg

that last one - i swear that's Jon Travolta!

• Haha 5

Having moved to the US recently, I've had to re-register all my vehicles at the DMV...

i-kGC4d64-XL.jpg

I felt it was more appropriate that Mater was based in Arizona (the spiritual home of Radiator Springs of course), and there was no way California would put Desmond my narrowed 4WS crawler on the highway - so I've had to register that in Utah (where they'll put any old crap on the road ;o)

Ultimately I'm going to have to buy a few more sets of these - for the STUMPkamper, Ma'Dually and Mega-Bug - and I have to say, while they weren't especially cheap ($12.99 a pair) the quality is exceptional - very thin, and they are actually engraved!

Jenny x

• Like 8

4 hours ago, J@mes said:

that last one - i swear that's Jon Travolta!

Lol, I didn't realize that the driver ended up looking like him! 

So weird! 

bYtAlOt.jpg

(The one on the left is a photo, obviously. I can't paint that well.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

14 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

Hours of mental planning. I've realised I'm a master at mental planning. 

Productivity, not so much.

Procrastinating about what is next is one of my modelling strong points too !  I actually enjoy the deliberation as much as I enjoy building and not surprisingly, better decisions are made when you've had weeks to decide the best approach.

Ordered some aluminium tube and rod to remake the front cross members for SRB's. The RR I've got had copped an impact that had bent them slightly, and the original owner had his name, address and Ph number engraved on them :blink:

• Haha 1

Took the Unimog outside today after completing the decals last night.  Desperately needs a high-turn motor to slow it down and the bendy stock rear links are awful, but otherwise I like it.  Paint is PS15 Metallic Red backed with PS12 Silver and then PS5 Black.

8YbgbG2.jpg

I thought about painting the grille in black but have left it chrome for now.  Tamiya include two different grille decal sets so I can change it later.  Taking the time to paint all the black trim paid off since I haven't had to use half the decals.  The gap between the cab and the rear tray was fiddly to mask but it was worth it.

25VQAzE.jpg

I had real trouble with the four tiny screws the hold the lower side panels on.  Even using a Tamiya screwdriver I still destroyed the head on one before getting it halfway into the plastic mounts.

I'm waiting for an order from Tony's to get here so I can also fit the Bronco body to the CC01.  I'm not sure if the Easter holidays have delayed it or if it's been lost.  It was only small parts and I knew I should've ordered something big to go with it.

• Like 9