Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 4/27/2019 at 2:22 AM, DK308 said:

Then found it was a great moment for a spin with the Thunder Tiger MTA4 S50. The smell of nitro never gets oldB)

I miss running mine since nitro fuel is no longer available in town :(

I now find myself watching vid's on 4s/6s monsters like the Bushmaster, Typhon and Senton wondering if one would fill the void. Although they look immense fun, is it the same without the noise, smoke & smell? 

lrWjjOul.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

I now find myself watching vid's on 4s/6s monsters like the Bushmaster, Typhon and Senton wondering if one would fill the void. Although they look immense fun, is it the same without the noise, smoke & smell? 

lrWjjOul.jpg

Nah, 4s or 6s can't make up for the noise, smoke and smell!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

lrWjjOul.jpg

Can you get the fuel shipped in?

http://www.rchobbyzone.com.au/nitro-fuel---delivered-c15/car-fuel---general-c31/

• Like 1

Finished pulling the HB413 apart and checking everything. This car is chewing bearings and I can't work out why, they aren't known for it. Unfortunately I couldn't get the front and rear diff apart - it appears the screws are something different to the expected 1.5mm hex screws. Anyone have any ideas?

Anyway, replaced all the bearings in the hubs and some in the rest of the drivetrain. Luckily the ones I couldn't get to - diff outdrives- are fine, but there were a few which were knackered. All sorted and rolling freely again. Was fun, its nice working on a race kit. I started the conversation tonight with my wife about how good it is building a kit, figure I'll aim high (TRF419XR) and see where things fall. I probably should angle for a new 2wd buggy before a shelf queen, but TRF

• Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 4:49 AM, MadInventor said:

Not today, but yesterday, took the War Rig out to do a bit of filming. I'd bought 2 new LiPos for it a while ago as one of the originals had failed, and hadn't had a chance to 'stretch its legs' as it were. So got it out of car, and thought I'd do an initial test before starting filming to ensure everything worked ok. Everything was good, worked up to full throttle, held it there for a few seconds, looked fantastic, then it started to weave a bit, and I lost it and rolled it. Didn't even get it on film !!!. Anyway the damage list was extensive:

1. Broke off one the pieces of car shell and the bulkhead.

2. Broke 2 skulls of the flagpoles.

3. Broke 3 ribs off the trailer, snapped 2 in half.

4. Dented the trailer in 2 places

5. Broke off one blower.

6. Lost a filter mesh out of one of the air intakes.

Anyway, decided to do some filming anyway, got a few clips, then fitted the on board cameras. Did one run with it, and the trailer detached itself. I'd made the same mistake as I did before, only this time when trailer came off it sheared the tow pin when it hit the ground. So that was game over for the day. Then when driving the tractor unit back, managed to roll it again and broke off the other blower, bent the door, bent the plough, broke off the exhaust stack frame and bent one of the mudguard mounts. My stunt driver also managed to do a high speed flip with the FAV and broke off the passengers arm and a bit of the rear end custom bodywork. 

Still, it was a fun morning overall, but I discovered it's basically impossible to drive the truck at full throttle on 6S with these new cells. It went out 3 pieces and came back in 19...…...

Photos:

SAM_1318.jpg
SAM_1317.jpg
SAM_1313.jpg
SAM_1312.jpg
SAM_1311.jpg
SAM_1310.jpg
SAM_1308.jpg
SAM_1309.jpg
SAM_1305.jpg
SAM_1306.jpg
SAM_1304.jpg
SAM_1301.jpg
SAM_1303.jpg
SAM_1302.jpg

Repairs underway:

SAM_1322.jpg
SAM_1319.jpg
SAM_1321.jpg

I did manage to get some half decent film done, nothing processed for uploading yet, but here's a few stills from the raw video:

8.png

7.png

6.png

5.png

4.png

2.png

3.png

1.png

I keep expecting to see the last of the V8 interceptors with Max behind the wheel come ripping down that open road after you!  Great shots!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, mtbkym01 said:

Well, .. its methanol.. * possible * depending on the posting service i guess of your country.

Why not look at FG / HPI 1/6 scale ?  23 or 26 cc ( even big bore's are out there, yet.. not that reliable as a regular zenoah )  

A stock one cost about as much as a tricked out nitro  , even stock there monsters.

Fully tuned there -insane- 

There 2 stroke with a bit of chainsaw oil .. If they stop selling that , doubtfully running rc cars is our first problem of the day :)

• Like 1

Today I discovered how easy it is to spend a lot of money on buyee jp😱

• Haha 4

On 4/22/2019 at 10:49 AM, MadInventor said:

Not today, but yesterday, took the War Rig out to do a bit of filming. I'd bought 2 new LiPos for it a while ago as one of the originals had failed, and hadn't had a chance to 'stretch its legs' as it were. So got it out of car, and thought I'd do an initial test before starting filming to ensure everything worked ok. Everything was good, worked up to full throttle, held it there for a few seconds, looked fantastic, then it started to weave a bit, and I lost it and rolled it. Didn't even get it on film !!!. Anyway the damage list was extensive:

1. Broke off one the pieces of car shell and the bulkhead.

2. Broke 2 skulls of the flagpoles.

3. Broke 3 ribs off the trailer, snapped 2 in half.

4. Dented the trailer in 2 places

5. Broke off one blower.

6. Lost a filter mesh out of one of the air intakes.

Anyway, decided to do some filming anyway, got a few clips, then fitted the on board cameras. Did one run with it, and the trailer detached itself. I'd made the same mistake as I did before, only this time when trailer came off it sheared the tow pin when it hit the ground. So that was game over for the day. Then when driving the tractor unit back, managed to roll it again and broke off the other blower, bent the door, bent the plough, broke off the exhaust stack frame and bent one of the mudguard mounts. My stunt driver also managed to do a high speed flip with the FAV and broke off the passengers arm and a bit of the rear end custom bodywork. 

Still, it was a fun morning overall, but I discovered it's basically impossible to drive the truck at full throttle on 6S with these new cells. It went out 3 pieces and came back in 19...…...

Photos:

SAM_1305.jpg
SAM_1306.jpg

Yes, this is the Fury Road and now your Truck is becoming Mad (M)axed! You take it like a real sportsman!

37 minutes ago, svenb said:

Haha, same thing here. Don't even know how I ended up there. 

• Haha 1

Came up with an exercise to help my nephews practice accurate car control at a distance:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, svenb said:

I hope you've got a few NIB body sets comig over to the UK?! ;)

• Haha 1

Realized my HW 120amp ESC was too big for my XV-01 front to back and really snug side to side, so i may have to find a smaller one, that can run my 13.5 apex v2

Suggestions for a ESC than can run a 13.5 tuned motor or even a combo that wont break the bank

59446331_2464525986911004_2921494195631816704_n

58460487_1007787082759352_7417468812942901248_n

43 minutes ago, Jason1145 said:

I hope you've got a few NIB body sets comig over to the UK?! ;)

Not quite😀

Although I have a couple of the body sets you spotted already. 

I wish more Japanese sellers would use ebay! Buyee is great but the third party costs are a bit crippling 🙁

1 hour ago, Scipunk said:

Realized my HW 120amp ESC was too big for my XV-01 front to back and really snug side to side, so i may have to find a smaller one, that can run my 13.5 apex v2

Suggestions for a ESC than can run a 13.5 tuned motor or even a combo that wont break the bank

Check out the stock spec ESCs which are designed for blinky racing. They are small and light as weight matters, and typically designed to run down to around 10.5T motors. I have the Orca B32, but HW make the justock and XR10 stock, Maclan have the pico, Muchmore the Euro and there are bound to be more.

The Trackstar 80amp Turbo ESC is 32.5mm x 41.5mm if that helps? They're cheap, programmable and rated to 10.5T

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Scipunk said:

Hobbywing Quicrun 10BL60? They run the 13.5t motors in my FF-03, TB-03 and M-07 very nicely,  fitting even the tight confines of the M-07 with ease. Should fit your needs well too.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Check out the stock spec ESCs which are designed for blinky racing. They are small and light as weight matters, and typically designed to run down to around 10.5T motors. I have the Orca B32, but HW make the justock and XR10 stock, Maclan have the pico, Muchmore the Euro and there are bound to be more.

The Trackstar 80amp Turbo ESC is 32.5mm x 41.5mm if that helps? They're cheap, programmable and rated to 10.5T

10 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Hobbywing Quicrun 10BL60? They run the 13.5t motors in my FF-03, TB-03 and M-07 very nicely,  fitting even the tight confines of the M-07 with ease. Should fit your needs well too.

Thank you both, now i have many options :D

• Like 2

Added a handle and some primer to the Morris Minor van shell that I fitted a spout to yesterday. 

2019-04-29_01-39-23

The chassis also has its new wheels fitted. Chrome rims and black spokes, as seen on many full-size custom Morris Minors. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

I'm back ! :)

10 years no running.. still compression like a boss ( both )

Some small issue's to work out, nothing mayor .

Next up ,  - our brand - ..  the new battery's are already on there forming cycle's   :) :) :)

• Like 4

Wife, kid and I are at a holiday park, which as it turns out has a rough sand-water area right in the backyard of our little house! 

Big regrets on not bringing basher bear with me, that would have been great! ^_^

• Haha 1