Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Good plan Stan, never thought of getting shipped as the posties get nervous with batteries let alone flammable liquids. Thanks mate 👍🏻

I once ordered 4 quarts of 20% nitro.  Tower hobbies shipped it from Chicago to Philadelphia.  Only, they had sent 15%.  They re-shipped 4 quarts of 20%, so I ended up with 8 quarts.  With a reputable seller, you have that to look forward to.  

• Like 2

Had the day off, so between a bike ride and lunch out I finished my Comical Hornet. I am quite pleased with it. Still got the driver to finish though. Its very silly. 

Tamiya 58666 Comical Hornet painted in PS3 Light Blue, by CTE RC

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2019 at 1:46 AM, TurnipJF said:

Added a handle and some primer to the Morris Minor van shell that I fitted a spout to yesterday. 

2019-04-29_01-39-23

The chassis also has its new wheels fitted. Chrome rims and black spokes, as seen on many full-size custom Morris Minors. 

That's just awesome ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Made some double cardan driveshafts for a TT02 by fitting Yeah Racing adjustable dogbone ends (from some 'drift' universal shafts) to 3racing SAK-X27 shafts. Changing the 4mm inner wheel bearings to 3mm was needed line up the pinhole. Serrated wheel nuts were needed since the threaded section of the shaft is too short for a nyloc nut. Runs heaps smoother than CV/dogbone shafts or universals.

Top: CV/dogbone shaft
Middle: Universal shaft
Bottom: Double cardan shaft
FcLlaIH.jpg

9OtUC3n.jpg

• Like 3

Started stripping my pajero body. It's going to be hard going I think. Some of the paint comes off almost instantly while some is taking some serious scrubbing and soaking. Oh well it's all a bit of fun!

Also quickly built up a crawler kit, at my works there is currently a trailfinder 2 and a scx10 and I ran to catch up with a cheap 3racing job (nearly got a cc01 unimog) I've got a Tamiya brat body coming for it though so I'm keeping some brand loyalty!

tpbbNDd.jpg

It's actually an okay look with a stadium blitzer body:

6B1gqXR.jpg

• Like 4

Jack and Wanda finally decided which decals to fit on the SRB Cage Racer... 

i-ZqbHfpX-XL.jpg

Turns out [the right] stickers are kewl!

Jenny x

• Like 9

I bought a secondhand Trackstar Sportsman ESC and the motor wires had been cut very short.

Today I set about replacing them. I trimmed away the heat shrink to expose the solder posts, got the soldering iron out, went to trim some new wires ready and realised I didn't have any orange, blue or yellow wire.

DOH

So that little job has been delayed whilst I wait for the postman.

Had a thrash around in the garden earlier, here's my five year olds Monster Beetle jumping my Egress!

20190502_190609.thumb.jpg.93f16fc4ca79f7cf2c53297f377db16d.jpg

• Like 5

Finally got round to stripping an old TA01 for a thorough cleaning, repair & conversion to TA02SW spec, 25yrs since I last rebuilt a ball diff on one of these and it was like I’d only done one last week 👍🏼

46974862804_5fcc3945ee_b.jpg 46974862834_08c21ac82f_b.jpg

I put some recently purchased anniversary edition wheels on it & tried a couple of shells to see how it looks, subsequently I’ve concluded I need some higher profile slicks on the rear (if anyone has any suggestions?)

47763978451_de42a4ceae_b.jpg 46847602975_bdabcd5d63_b.jpg

In standard setup there’s not enough ‘poke’ at the rear, & too much when using wide hexes & cups. I’m also thinking that the wheels look a lot better without the centres fitted?

47763978511_6080fb060d_b.jpg 47763978491_230b65c930_b.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, max69vk said:

Finally got round to stripping an old TA01 for a thorough cleaning, repair & conversion to TA02SW spec, 25yrs since I last rebuilt a ball diff on one of these and it was like I’d only done one last week 👍🏼

46974862804_5fcc3945ee_b.jpg 46974862834_08c21ac82f_b.jpg

I put some recently purchased anniversary edition wheels on it & tried a couple of shells to see how it looks, subsequently I’ve concluded I need some higher profile slicks on the rear (if anyone has any suggestions?)

47763978451_de42a4ceae_b.jpg 46847602975_bdabcd5d63_b.jpg

In standard setup there’s not enough ‘poke’ at the rear, & too much when using wide hexes & cups. I’m also thinking that the wheels look a lot better without the centres fitted?

47763978511_6080fb060d_b.jpg 47763978491_230b65c930_b.jpg

Looks good, better without the centres. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, max69vk said:

46974862804_5fcc3945ee_b.jpg  ?

do i spot a vauxhall reversable screwdriver ??

plus i agree it looks better without the centres

26 minutes ago, topforcein said:

do i spot a vauxhall reversable screwdriver ??

I think it came from a FIAT, but I’m pretty sure they were both owned by the same company at some point, so most likely they churned it out of the same factory. It fits the JIS screws really well, which probably highlights how badly it fitted for its proper purpose! 😂

• Like 1

Set about trying to knock some things off of my to-do list...

First was to swap the front uprights on my Avante 2001 from the original pot metal ones to some from the re-re Egress.

Didn't get very far as I hadn't realised some spacers were needed. That job is back on the list until the spacers arrive.

Next was to swap the red steering knuckles on my Top Force for some black ones. Partly for aesthetic reasons and also because it makes the red ones available for my eventual Super Sabre rebuild. The red knuckles were actually 'borrowed' from the Super Sabre parts stash anyway.

After that it was on to changing the pinion in my TXT-2. I wanted to go up a couple of teeth from the 19t that was in there. I managed to do it without taking the whole transmission out but it still wasn't a fun job. I put in a 21t pinion which is the max it will take without modifying the motor mount plate.

Last job was another pinion swap, this time on my lads King Yellow. Going from the standard 18t pinion to a steel 20t one.

At least that's a few jobs crossed off the list. Even if I did add more to replace them (and then some)!

• Like 2

Finished my Neo Fighter! Those decals..well for some reason I thought it will be the easy part.. quite wrong I was. I believe there is some method to get them centered, maybe just patience :)

89258BB7-6853-427C-9A2B-61416DAD2138.jpeg

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Proxik said:

Finished my Neo Fighter!

Nice work - that looks great! I just finished a DT-03 as well. It's satisfying to see it finished, but don't you wish you had another kit to build now?

1 hour ago, DrewZ said:

Nice work - that looks great! I just finished a DT-03 as well. It's satisfying to see it finished, but don't you wish you had another kit to build now?

Well of course I do! :) But it would be tricky to convince the wife I need another kit right now :D 

Had a go at some styrene work. It was a good learning exercise.

Measure twice, cut once is a well known saying for a reason.

A little glue goes a long way.

Take it slowly and don’t expect to get it right first time.

45 minutes gave me one useable piece of what might be a 10 part assembly and is 50% of what I was hoping for from the exercise. Not bad for a first attempt.

One day I might try sticking some to a car...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Proxik said:

Brushless?

Yeah runs on 12s

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Scipunk said:

I bought a car...

20190503_190239 20190503_190301

2017 Golf Alltrack

I've been seeing a lot of them on the road lately, I really like them.  From one VW guy to another, congrats!